Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 4 [aaaarrrghhh bitching and moaning]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,986 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Sparks wrote: »
    Are you getting that bug where your loadout doesn't persist for the China Rising weapons if you use battlelog to manage the loadouts? You can happily rig the MTAR with an RDS, silencer and stubby in battlelog, then go into the game and your engineer has an MTAR allright, but it's in its basic iron sights and nothing else configuration. Bloody annoying.

Ahh, that explains it. Not just me then.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Are you getting that bug where your loadout doesn't persist for the China Rising weapons if you use battlelog to manage the loadouts? You can happily rig the MTAR with an RDS, silencer and stubby in battlelog, then go into the game and your engineer has an MTAR allright, but it's in its basic iron sights and nothing else configuration. Bloody annoying.
    Can't say I've had that happen, I usually don't use battlelog to set my loadouts though, always found that website very buggy and not willing to save anything you change.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭bitch please

what the hell all my stats and unlocks were reset

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

what the hell all my stats and unlocks were reset

If the server can't connect to the EA backend, it'll appear like that. What's your soldier name?

Dragons pass is really starting to annoy me now, everyone invisible again and I can't even quit out....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

Had to walk away from locker earlier. That map is such a meat grinder.
    You can get crazy scores but Christ it's awful

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Tonight is not my night for stability. Can't even connect into Celts, and that's the third crash mid-game from BSM. Harumph.

So looked up the price of premium for the craic the other night...
    $49.99 or for us, €47.99.
    That works out roughly at $65, ripped off much?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

Tazzimus wrote: »
    So looked up the price of premium for the craic the other night...
    $49.99 or for us, €47.99.
    That works out roughly at $65, ripped off much?

voila ...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Battlefield-4-Online-Game-Code/dp/B00E9G39RC/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1389004733&sr=1-1&keywords=bf4+premium

• Advertisement

I might be missing something, but that seems like BF4 only.

my bad, damn head cold!

http://www.g2play.net/store/Battlefield-4-Premium-DLC-EA-Origin-Key.html

I don't know what I did, but for that entire double XP event, anytime I wanted to play, I had to try to join over a dozen times, and sometimes two dozen, getting the "error, client disconnected" error every time; and no game session ended without a client crash.

Bugger.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I don't know what I did, but for that entire double XP event, anytime I wanted to play, I had to try to join over a dozen times, and sometimes two dozen, getting the "error, client disconnected" error every time; and no game session ended without a client crash.

Bugger.

Quite a few of us had that for the last few days since the DDoS attack. I presume it's a side effect of whatever mitigation approach they took. It was fine late yesterday though.

Not for me it wasn't :( Was having this problem right up to last night when the XP event finished I logged off shortly after it ended because today is back-to-work day and I thought I'd get a good nights sleep. (Side note: never think this if you have a toddler, they can hear your thoughts and will wake at 0300 and stay awake until 0600 in response...)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,608 ✭✭✭✭Penn

horgan_p wrote: »
    Had to walk away from locker earlier. That map is such a meat grinder.
    You can get crazy scores but Christ it's awful

Playing a few TDMs on Saturday, we lost 4 times in a row as the other team had three snipers (who in fairness weren't just camping, they'd move after a few kills but supported each other really well). When Op.Locker came up though we absolutely demolished them.

I think you need some meat grinder maps in the mix. Anything which forces people outside their comfort zone (open maps like Hainan and the Dam are outside mine) occasionally is a good thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Not for me it wasn't :( Was having this problem right up to last night when the XP event finished I logged off shortly after it ended because today is back-to-work day and I thought I'd get a good nights sleep. (Side note: never think this if you have a toddler, they can hear your thoughts and will wake at 0300 and stay awake until 0600 in response...)

Was having similar problems all weekend.

The queue bug is driving me mental. 3rd of 4th queue and all of a sudden the games tried to load up while still in a queue. Then disconnect. Have to try rejoin. Nightmare

That just seems to be pc, I'm on 360 still.

Tazzimus wrote: »
    That just seems to be pc, I'm on 360 still.

oops sorry mate, thought you were on pc, to answer your question, it is a take on regarding the currency change, we have been getting shafted ever since the era of the snes scope and before!

jonny666 wrote: »
    Was having similar problems all weekend.

The queue bug is driving me mental. 3rd of 4th queue and all of a sudden the games tried to load up while still in a queue. Then disconnect. Have to try rejoin. Nightmare

A deliberate DDOS attack by DerpTrolling, apparently.

I'm a little shocked they took out the steam servers tbh. Must take some serious amount of bandwidth to do that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭DeWinterZero

They hit Steam just as a new page for the Xmas sales were released. The steam servers are normally stretched at those times so I reckon the DDOS brought them to their knees.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

This game is driving me ****ing mad at the moment. Can't join a server I want without getting stuck on the "Connecting..." stage, and then closing with a "Something went wrong" error. Next time I go to join I'm stuck in the queue, only to try again and have the same thing happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

Ive been away from bf 4 for the Xmas any improvements or is it still a **** pot

• Registered Users Posts: 4,844 ✭✭✭shootermacg

Has anyone used: www.g2play.net, They seem almost too good to be true. Very concerned about providing them with credit deatils.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

Has anyone used: www.g2play.net, They seem almost too good to be true. Very concerned about providing them with credit deatils.

edc8e6085734c65bf46dbf7bfa638041.png

That is Steam Unpowered's description of the site. Personally haven't used them before but I know a few who have and it seems alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,608 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Had some really poor games last night. Worst was 4 kills, 12 deaths. We won that game. That's how crap I was. The other team were so bad they lost a game where they killed one guy 3 times more than he killed them, and they still lost.

Just wasn't with it at all last night.

Got a new mouse. Razer deathadder 2013 thingy (late xmas present).

Now can't hit poop.

And on celts last night, emptied entire clips into someone with hit markers and got the kill, but was then killed by them somehow (the whole trading problem, with wierd timing). And I had that happen five times in one round, three times in quick succession right at the start. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

People hoping into vehicles and driving away from a flag that is being taken ........ I really think they should have implemented some kind of mini map thing , maybe in the bottom left hand corner of the screen and maybe coded in something with some kind of flashing light that would show you if a flag was being taken . I have it in my game but it must just be some kind of bug/feature/easter egg thats attached to my game serial number .

Got a new mouse. Razer deathadder 2013 thingy (late xmas present).
    Now can't hit poop.
    Probably should clarify btw, that this is down to me - the mouse is brilliant, it's just that it's much lighter than the sidewinder I was using and I'm still adapting...

• Advertisement

Probably should clarify btw, that this is down to me - the mouse is brilliant, it's just that it's much lighter than the sidewinder I was using and I'm still adapting...

have the deathadder also, great mouse, make sure to download the software synapse with it, some cool little tweaking bits in there to have a tinkers with ;)

Advertisement