Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 4 [aaaarrrghhh bitching and moaning]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭tim3000

26 kill kill-streak going on Paracel. Handily enough the game freezes 3 minutes from the end. I was away for a month after hitting level 100 I thought the game would be patched especially the loading and crashing issues. But god sake its still happening.

Another thing, the China Rising maps not in Conquest map rotation. Think its time for another brief hiatus.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,986 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

tim3000 wrote: »
    Another thing, the China Rising maps not in Conquest map rotation. Think its time for another brief hiatus.

I'm pretty sure thats down to server choice. This is also the problem with expansion packs which are new to me when done in this way. By adding maps with such frequency, the community becomes very fractured with those that choose to buy and those that don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

So the L96 assignment...

Got the kill with shotgun, DMR and C4 - C4 kill never registered. Ok I thought, I killed myself as well, maybe that was the problem.

Did it again the next round and stayed alive for all 3 kills, still not registering the C4.. Quick google finds that it has to be done on the recon class to count.... I was using support because infinite C4.

Third time lucky as recon. Got all 3 and they registered as well. Grand I thought, Just need to get the 3 sniper rifle ribbons. Check battlelog during the next game and they had all been cleared off, possibly because I didn't have the sniper rifle ribbons first.

FFS...

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

No, I've gotten the L96 and it still doesn't show the three kills. Just get the ribbons and you should get the unlock.

Hopefully so, trying to get all 3 on purpose in one round is actually quite tricky. If the assignment wasn't there I'd have gotten them no problem..

It's also times like that when you realise how bad the DMR's actually are, I lost 3 standoffs against pistols, and I shot first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭jeawan

the SKS DMR is nuts though or so it seems from the amount of times i get killed by it

Tazzimus wrote: »
    So the L96 assignment...

Got the kill with shotgun, DMR and C4 - C4 kill never registered. Ok I thought, I killed myself as well, maybe that was the problem.

Did it again the next round and stayed alive for all 3 kills, still not registering the C4.. Quick google finds that it has to be done on the recon class to count.... I was using support because infinite C4.

Third time lucky as recon. Got all 3 and they registered as well. Grand I thought, Just need to get the 3 sniper rifle ribbons. Check battlelog during the next game and they had all been cleared off, possibly because I didn't have the sniper rifle ribbons first.

FFS...

It has to be a recon C4 kill, support C4 doesn't count. And yes, you need the ribbons first, doesn't have to be the same round.
    jeawan wrote: »
    the SKS DMR is nuts though or so it seems from the amount of times i get killed by it

Its ok, just the fact that it gets outgunned by every assault, LMG and carbine and pretty much every range that makes it a bit pointless.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,489 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Having appalling lag spikes the past few days on PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

any one on eircom having trouble with high pings. No servers with under 100 ping for me since about a week before christmas. My friend is having the same problem in a different part of the country. Any one else having issues??

Before Christmas some people where being routed through New York to some IP's in England. Run a traceroute to check where the issue is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Before Christmas some people where being routed through New York to some IP's in England. Run a traceroute to check where the issue is.

Ya I've ran loads of em. As soon as it leaves Ireland it drops. Not going anywhere they shouldn't either.

Doesn't seem to be congestion either as it's the same no matter what time of day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Anyone know when the next update is?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Anyone know when the next update is?

May 12 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

May 12 months.

That is , it MAY be in 12 months , then again it MAY not

Think it might be a bit closer than that - as in in the next ten days or so. Lots of buffing and nerfing in this one as well apparently - V40 mini grenades, Mobile AA, multi-rocket guidance for the SRAW, the RGO grenades, the hand flares in some way, both the attack helo and the scout helo, and the DMRs - all to be buffed or nerfed.

Also a lot of tweaks to spectator mode. And of course, they'll be trying to bugfix like mad...

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭DeWinterZero

260MB patch out today. Bug fixes mostly, no weapon balancing yet. Changes to jets though.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2955064772343296656/

Jan 13 PC Game Update Notes
    -Various fixes for improving general stability
    -Fixed a memory leak issue occurring after level shutdowns, which could result in a out-of-memory crash in longer play sessions
    -Additional fix for the "sound loop" deadlock when running High/Ultra graphics settings
    -Added a warning for using Legacy AMD drivers that were out of date
    -Fixed a player feedback timing issue where blood was appearing before other damage indicators, and before damage was actually done
    -Fixed a bug where players’ rank icons on the scoreboard would not be updated
    -Fix for Asian users unable to start Battlefield 3 and Battlefield 4 on Windows 8.1
    -Normalized repair rates across all vehicles.
    -Fixed problem with killer health in kill card not being correctly updated (showing 100% health even though the soldier was hurt)
    -Fix for friendly marker not always showing when needed to, resulting in players shooting team members
    -Fixed a bug where a Main Battle Tank Coaxial HMG ammo box was occasionally blocking the driver’s camera
    -Increased damage by 25% for the Stealth Jet 20mm cannons.
    -Stealth Jets now have more similar handling attributes to each other. F35 & J-20 are slightly more agile, Su-50 is less agile.
    -Attack Jets now have more similar handling attributes to each other, and all 3 are now slightly less agile than earlier
    -Fixed camera glitch when switching weapons while moving in crouch
    -Fixed an occasional bug where players could experience intermittent engine sound dropouts when driving wheeled IFVs
    -Fix for player spawning under the map when deploying on Lancang Dam
    -Fixed flickering in map and minimap on Rogue Transmission and Operation Locker

and a server patch too.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2979150493792773499/

R18 Server Update Notes
    -Compatibility updates for the Jan 13 PC game update
    -Enabled Live Scoreboard for all game servers
    -Changed Air Superiority default tickets from 100 to 200
    -Fixes for five server crashes

-Normalized repair rates across all vehicles.
    I wonder if that's gotten rid of the "emergency" repair speed on the scout helos when the helos health drops below the low teens and you can instantly repair it up into the high 30s.
    -Fixed problem with killer health in kill card not being correctly updated (showing 100% health even though the soldier was hurt)
    Thank feck for that. Rage-inducing, that one.
    -Fix for friendly marker not always showing when needed to, resulting in players shooting team members
    Hello, hardcore servers again.
    -Increased damage by 25% for the Stealth Jet 20mm cannons.
    -Stealth Jets now have more similar handling attributes to each other. F35 & J-20 are slightly more agile, Su-50 is less agile.
    -Attack Jets now have more similar handling attributes to each other, and all 3 are now slightly less agile than earlier
    That'll make some folks happy, but not nerfing the attack jet's main cannon against air won't...
    -Changed Air Superiority default tickets from 100 to 200
    Ah feck, how long until they up the default tickets for rush for 64 player maps? 75 is just too low when you have 32 attackers!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 EddHarV

Anyone here having lag probs ?? im playing on ps4 but also heard its a multi platform prob.Once that bastard lag hits its like running in quicksand seriously fooking annoying.Dice needs to sort their servers out bigtime.I usually rage quit once it hits turn off on console and go again but few games later its back.My ISP is fine upgraded to fibre a while back so it cant be that so it be good to here any solutions that work for ye until like i said Dice get their fingers out of bungholes and sort **** out

EddHarV wrote: »
    My ISP is fine upgraded to fibre a while back so it cant be that

If the server is getting lag, then its a server problem. If you are getting lag, then its your problem.

Eircom Fibre is fibre to a cabinet that's closer to your than before and it still uses Eircoms backbone. Only real difference is better bandwidth at the last mile.

A few people on this forum and others have noticed weird routing and packet spikes with Eircom recently.

Just played against a team on locker that discovered the glitch on B. Most infuriating thing ever...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,336 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

what glitch is that?

Balconies around B. Means they can get you easy enough but it's very hard to hit them with anything, B couldn't be touched because of it, easily 7 of them raining down rockets/grenades/sniper fire

• Registered Users Posts: 7,845 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

The balconys you can easily walk up steps to get to?

Just rpg them they are easy pickings with the solid wall behind them you barely have to aim.

No the parts to either side that you shouldn't be able to access. Essentially the parts around B that aren't the two entrances or the spot in the middle you can get to via stairs/outside.

And because you shouldn't be able to access those parts, the rails block almost everything thrown at them

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C94HrHKx5Xo

Airburst them ffs.

Still not as bad as the glitch to get into the ceiling above D.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C94HrHKx5Xo

Airburst them ffs.

Still not as bad as the glitch to get into the ceiling above D.
    Not easy when they have both entrances and the normal balcony covered with several guns. As soon as anyone stuck a head into any of these places it was hit with a rocket or sniper bullet. Couldn't get into position to fire off any airburst, or anything for that matter.

Not sure what mode your playing on, but if somebody has heavily entrenched 1 point, I'll just move to another. There are two pathways past C that are not visible from that point.

We did after realising what they had done. Took A and C (on 360 so only 3 flags) and left them to B for a while. Still not fond of playing against people who like exploiting the game to try better their K/D ratio or just be massive tools.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭diceyd

hi guys,is anyone haveing problems joining games online on xbox(360)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭DeWinterZero

Tazzimus wrote: »
    No the parts to either side that you shouldn't be able to access. Essentially the parts around B that aren't the two entrances or the spot in the middle you can get to via stairs/outside.

And because you shouldn't be able to access those parts, the rails block almost everything thrown at them

I've run into that glitch while playing Obliteration. The enemy just carried the bomb up there after taking destroying one target and started farming points when we tried to get the bomb. Thankfully I was able to get onto an admin who banned the culprits :D

Advertisement