Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 4 [aaaarrrghhh bitching and moaning]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭osheen

Tazzimus wrote: »
    We did after realising what they had done. Took A and C (on 360 so only 3 flags) and left them to B for a while. Still not fond of playing against people who like exploiting the game to try better their K/D ratio or just be massive tools.

Thats why I tend to use recon with carbine tugs and sensor balls on that map. When your team can see them coming it makes a huge differance

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Just played against a team on locker that discovered the glitch on B. Most infuriating thing ever...

Solved within seconds 3 x V40 is each section followed by a quick barrage from the airburst and they are gone, beacons included.

Actually, on the airburst I happily discovered that will also get rid of out of map glitchers easily on Metro too :p:p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

miju wrote: »
    Solved within seconds 3 x V40 is each section followed by a quick barrage from the airburst and they are gone, beacons included.

Actually, on the airburst I happily discovered that will also get rid of out of map glitchers easily on Metro too :p:p
    Not quite so easy when we couldn't make it through the tunnels at either end before being killed. They had all the entrances into B very well covered, that's why we left them to it until they got bored of not killing anyone.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Not quite so easy when we couldn't make it through the tunnels at either end before being killed. They had all the entrances into B very well covered, that's why we left them to it until they got bored of not killing anyone.

Collapse the tower in middle and fire up or come in from the stairs :) That particular way they cant fire down on you without exposing themselves so your covered to freely spam nades and airbursts up at them.

I'm a theres always a solution kinda guy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,408 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Exactly.

Instead of complaining about the other team not playing fair, figure out a way to beat them :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

miju wrote: »
    Collapse the tower in middle and fire up or come in from the stairs :) That particular way they cant fire down on you without exposing themselves so your covered to freely spam nades and airbursts up at them.

I'm a theres always a solution kinda guy :D

We found a solution, keep the other two flags and let them sit there watching empty doorways :)
    Akrasia wrote: »
    Exactly.

Instead of complaining about the other team not playing fair, figure out a way to beat them :)

I believe this is the bitching and moaning thread so here I am bitching and moaning :D

I also never said we lost, we ended up winning in the end as we left them to defend an empty flag :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 988 ✭✭✭deadeye187

On the xboxone we need limited sniper servers like on the PC!

SniperField! they should call it!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 mojojojoprime

I just wish I could spawn in the game without it crashing all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,845 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I just wish I could spawn in the game without it crashing all the time.

Have you updated punkbuster.

I haven't had a crash in weeks , most crashing now are local issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Have you updated punkbuster.
    The punkbuster update issue was that you couldn't deploy at all, not that it crashed when you deployed...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Plumpynutt

I don't know if this is happening to anyone else but for the past dew days I've been getting kicked and lagging out in every single match that I've played. It's ridiculously annoying and as far as I'm aware it has nothing to do with my internet

Edit: Should clarify that I'm playing on PS4

On the xboxone last the rubberbanding was so bad I could not play!
    There never going to fix this game are they!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

deadeye187 wrote: »
    On the xboxone last the rubberbanding was so bad I could not play!
    There never going to fix this game are they!

It's gas how it's different for everyone, there's no consistency, one night it's grand, another I get random disconnects. It's savage when it works though.

It's gas how it's different for everyone, there's no consistency, one night it's grand, another I get random disconnects. It's savage when it works though.

This is so true!

EA/DICE have really fuked us over proper with this one!

Good job I got the game as a gift.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Went back to this after a few weeks away from it. It still crashes, it's still inconsistent. My weapons still feel powerless while I suffer constant insta death.

It's still not fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

5uspect wrote: »
    Went back to this after a few weeks away from it. It still crashes, it's still inconsistent. My weapons still feel powerless while I suffer constant insta death.

It's still not fun.

It's ok they'll probably give us a broken version of second assault in the coming weeks., then we will be happy for a few more weeks.
    Nearly 3 months since the game was released and still fairly broken. Hard to know how much longer us hardcore dice fans will stay?
    Til titanfall id day, thats if that one isn't rushed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

On the Gaellords sever there, is there no auto balance on the server? It was 10 vs 24 when I left.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Ive gone back to Planetside 2, much better game all round imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

noticed less and less people on battlelog recently. Think im getting sick of it myself. Still getting the same cheap deaths that I was when it was first released. Goina give it a break for a while and see

Dcully wrote: »
    Ive gone back to Planetside 2, much better game all round imo.
    *cough*Bullpoop*cough*

It's a fun game, it has many positive aspects and I like playing it, but it's just not battlefield, it's basicly what Tribes 3 would have been, if Sierra hadn't decided back in 2004 that online multiplayer had no future...

Battlefield (3 or 4 when it works) has a steadier pace, more tactical options to win engagements (especially 4), and the graphics don't even compare. No, P2 does not have six thousand people in one fight on one server. I've never seen more than a hundred in one place, and that was in the staging area - players disperse to different areas from there in three very large arenas. And yes, you have better framerates, but that's because the graphics are so simplistic.

I get deeply fustrated by some of the problems in BF4 sometimes, enough to log off and go code in Erlang or play Kerbal; but I just get *bored* from P2. There's exactly one game mode (kill all the things), no teamwork at all and it's hardly problem-free - it has a pain-in-the-ass spawn system, and half the time you're killed from a mile away by a cloaked sniper and have no idea where the shot came from thanks to the lack of a killcam, so camping snipers are a real pain in the fundament.

I'm not uninstalling it or stopping playing it, but better than BF4 it ain't.

• Advertisement

*cough*Bullpoop*cough*
    We are all entitled to our opinions but since you always seem to challenge eveything i post its about time i responded.

PS2 simplistic graphics? It has Some of the best lighting i have ever seen especially at night.
    Textures may not be up to BF4 but thats to be expected considering the sheer scale.
    You must have a terrible pc if PS2 looks simplistic for you?

just a quick example

More tactical options in BF than PS2?
    No teamwork on PS2?

Im pretty sure you have been playing as lonewolf if thats your experience of the game.
    Have you ever played in an outfit with 2-3 platoons with 50+ players in each platoon all split into squads of 12 assaulting multiple objectives at once?
    Each class plays totally different and brings something specific to the battle.

I've never seen more than a hundred in one place, and that was in the staging area - players disperse to different areas from there in three very large arenas

You obviously arent playing it right and are playing solo.
    Like ive said above almost every night we have well over 100 in a single platoon, 90% of the time we are fighting just as many of the enemy , plus very often we have the 3rd faction joining in, thats well over 200 players often pushing 400-500.
    I will say those huge number not automatically equate to fantastic gameplay but more often than not they do.
    pain-in-the-ass spawn system

LOL just LOL, do you even know what your talking about here?
    You spawn exactly where you select to spawn, that being bases and areas you capture and control or your teams sunderer.
    Im pretty sure your just clicking instant action when you play the game and not with a coordinated outfit because you are so wrong with pretty much everything you have posted.

Either way i still enjoy BF4 im just enjoying PS2 more at the moment, it offers everything BF4 does on a grander scale.

Id rather not go off topic but your post warranted a response, ill gladly reply more over on the PS2 thread on the MMO forum or via pm :)
    I invite you to join the outfit im in any night and see exactly how wrong you are about "no team work at all" :)

We are all entitled to our opinions but since you always seem to challenge eveything i post its about time i responded.

12878538421899234380popcorn-hi.png

:pac:
    PS2 simplistic graphics? It has Some of the best lighting i have ever seen especially at night.
    Wow.
    Just no.
    Not even going there.
    Except to hint that in an FPS game, lighting may not be the most important thing unless you can use photons for cover.
    Textures may not be up to BF4 but thats to be expected considering the sheer scale.
    Yeah, about that.
    Just because it might take a day for your character to run across a continent, isn't actually all that impressive if the continent has about four trees and six rocks on it for cover. There's more actual playable landscape in Zavod311 than there is on all of Indar.
    You must have a terrible pc if PS2 looks simplistic for you?
    Pretty much, but even my terrible PC happily gives me 60FPS+ on ultra everything at the 1920x1080 mark, while it couldn't handle 10fps at that resolution on BF4 even on low everything. In terms of how hard the GPU's working, P2 just doesn't stress the system, and it shows in terms of how visually complex the landscape is. It just looks less real, in fact what it most reminds me of are those old demos you used to see that used voxels to form landscapes. A bit more polished, but that was the first thing I thought when I looked at it.
    More tactical options in BF than PS2?
    No teamwork on PS2?
    Im pretty sure you have been playing as lonewolf if thats your experience of the game.
    Have you ever played in an outfit with 2-3 platoons with 50+ players in each platoon all split into squads of 12 assaulting multiple objectives at once?
    No, because I can't find games like that. Every squad I've joined hasn't been using VOIP, working towards common goals or even playing in the same area.
    And please don't tell me that that's the problem and it's all sunshine and roses if everyone plays nice and does teamwork; if they do that in BF4 it's monumentally awesome as well, so you're not comparing the game but the players here.
    Each class plays totally different and brings something specific to the battle.
    Yes, if you actually play that class as it's meant to be played... which is precisely the same as in BF4. Again, you're comparing the players, not the games.
    You obviously arent playing it right
    Yes, the problem is me. If I just played it right, the graphics would suddenly become photorealistic, the terrain would gain more items to seek cover behind and I would be playing a squad-based tactical infantry/armour/air support first person shooter.

OR, I could just play battlefield and get that right now, albiet with bugs.
    Like ive said above almost every night we have well over 100 in a single platoon, 90% of the time we are fighting just as many of the enemy , plus very often we have the 3rd faction joining in, thats well over 200 players often pushing 400-500.
    In one fight on one area, or are you defining "area" to mean "I'm here, he's six miles over there, so that's two people in this fight!"? Because after playing it for a week or three now, I've not yet seen what you're describing on either US or EU servers in any faction at any time of day from weekend mornings to weekday nights. The single largest fight I've seen yet didn't have more than a hundred people contesting the same point. There might have been a thousand other people on the server, but they were playing miles and miles away and had no part in the fight, so they might as well not have existed.
    LOL just LOL, do you even know what your talking about here?
    Oddly, yes, this is not my first rodeo.
    You spawn exactly where you select to spawn, that being bases and areas you capture and control or your teams sunderer.
    In other words, you spawn at specific fixed points and cannot spawn on teammates or squadmates unless someone's rocked up to the fight in the sunderer, which they almost never seem to do. Typically as an attacker you spawn several hundred metres from the action unless you're defending a contested base and the enemy's broken through (and if you're a defender trying to hold a line between two bases, you still spawn hundreds of meters away from where you ought to be). This can happen in BF4, but to a much lesser extent and it's never hundreds of metres even on the largest maps because there's always a point closer to the action.
    Im pretty sure your just clicking instant action when you play the game and not with a coordinated outfit because you are so wrong with pretty much everything you have posted.
    That's exactly the opposite of what I'm doing. I'm joining squads, picking the most coordinated looking one available, then deploying in where the bulk of them are fighting. I'm giving this game every chance to impress me, but so far, it's just meh, Tribes 3 at best. That's not a horrible review to get, unless you're dissing Tribes as though it wasn't one of the best FPS games of its time. You did play Tribes 2 back in the day, right? I'm not just naming a game you've never played and losing context completely?
    Either way i still enjoy BF4 im just enjoying PS2 more at the moment, it offers everything BF4 does on a grander scale.
    It just doesn't. It's - in its best moments - BF4 diluted over a much larger area (and as Silk Road shows, bigger maps do not equal better gameplay) with an equally annoying spawn system, less realism (and I don't mean the scifi elements, I mean less graphical realism, fewer details - NOT less texture quality, but fewer polygons), more gameplay-based fustration, less bug-based fustration, longer run-between-fights times, and jetpacks.

The jetpacks make up for a lot :pac:
    But still, if I could only have either P2 or Kerbal as my BF4 alternative, it'd be Kerbal every time.

Nothing quite so cathartic as a good bitching session at lunchtime :D

I wont even bother responding to each individual comment but like i say its all about opinions.

Couple of points, yes i played Tribes and i just dont see how you can mention them in the same breath.
    By the way i enjoy Tribes Ascend , great game to be fair.

In one fight on one area, or are you defining "area" to mean "I'm here, he's six miles over there, so that's two people in this fight!"
    In one area ofcourse, a Biolab and its surrounding outposts will easily have 400+ players.

No, because I can't find games like that. Every squad I've joined hasn't been using VOIP
    Pretty much every outfit use their own comms, mumble being our comms of choice.
    In our outfit if your in an ops platoon you follow the orders or leave,its pretty simple.
    If you rather not play as ops and justdo your own thing the outift also caters for these players , its a more relaxed attitude.
    Personally i join both depending on how much time i have to game.
    During alerts its great fun to be in an ops squad.

I will admit for a new player PS2 is like WTF am i supposed to be doing, its not new player friendly, the devs are always trying to change this by means of tutorial videos etc and the instant action option but id liek to see more done becasue it can be pretty daunting , where as in BF you spawn, look at the big objective icon and off you go, its a lot more user friendly.

Im sorry but i cant agree about simplistic graphics,in the thick of the action the particles, explosions, lighting,tracers all look amazing, atleast for me on my high spec rig :)

In one area ofcourse, a Biolab and its surrounding outposts will easily have 400+ players.
    And you just described an area of several square km because the surrounding outposts aren't ten feet from the biolab.

Put it this way - stand up in the middle of a battle and in the 0.32 seconds before a tank or sniper relocates your head, how many people are close enough to see and shoot at you or your targets? On a 64-player game of BF4, the number can - except on indoor grind maps like locker - be as high as 63. I've never yet seen it exceed a hundred on P2, either personally or watching Wrel's youtube channel.

And what server are you playing these massive games on? I still have a free character slot (btw, this inability to transfer characters across servers or to change factions is not a feature...)
    Pretty much every outfit use their own comms, mumble being our comms of choice.
    And you don't think that that's a bad thing?
    Bad enough that the game doesn't encourage comms or squad cohesiveness, but now the clans are using different third party comms programs so you could have three or four VOIP systems in use in one fight? That's a very solid step away from boosting teamwork for anything but the BFF ****bucket class of player.
    I will admit for a new player PS2 is like WTF am i supposed to be doing
    It's not really. Not if you've ever played an FPS that had game modes other than deathmatch before. (The gameplay just isn't all that new).
    Im sorry but i cant agree about simplistic graphics,in the thick of the action the particles, explosions, lighting,tracers all look amazing, atleast for me on my high spec rig :)
    Just looks like a disco.
    Give me bullet drop over flashing graphics and linescan weapons; cover and terrain over large expanses of voxel demo landscape; and more polygons over bright lights any day of the week.
    It's fun; but it's not as good as battlefield, even with the bugs.

And you just described an area of several square km because the surrounding outposts aren't ten feet from the biolab.

Im talking about the biolab and the buildings on the ground around it as seen in this screenshot.
    Nowhere near serveral square km.

PS2_Amerish_Screenshot_110512_052.jpg

Im on Cobalt,Miller and Woodman with different characters.
    Give me bullet drop over flashing graphics

I hate to have to correct you yet again but fyi the game has bullet drop

I get that you prefer BF4, thats not my issue as each to their own,i enjoy both, my issue is the false statements your making about the game.

ie

"Simplistic graphics" on my rig they look fantastic once you have the rig up to it.

"no teamwork" you couldnt be more wrong, just because you dont see it in pug squads doesnt mean it isnt going on, if you bothered to join a decent outfit you would see how wrong you are.

It's fun; but it's not as good as battlefield, even with the bugs.

Each to their own, i respect your opinion and welcome it but i cant help but point out where you are just plain wrong :)

Im talking about the biolab and the buildings on the ground around it as seen in this screenshot.
    So am I.
    If you spawn in that biolab, it's a good minute of running to get to those buildings, and that's flat out as light assault and ignoring ideas like cover and not making yourself a target. In the fights I've been in around those bases, it never felt like one large fight, but several individual ones in seperate areas.
    Nowhere near serveral square km.
    You need somewhere between one and two square km in the game to cover the biolab and all its outlying buildings. Look at the distances in the spawn screen, the spawn points will be 400-600m apart.
    Im on Cobalt,Miller and Woodman with different characters.
    I'm on Cobalt and two others.
    I hate to have to correct you yet again but fyi the game has bullet drop.
    Not that I've noticed, and I've tried the snipe-them-from-a-mile-off play mode as well. If it does have bullet drop, it's just not significant. It's not like BF4 where if you're sniping from over 200m away, you either know bullet drop or you don't hit anything near your target.
    I get that you prefer BF4, thats not my issue as each to their own,i enjoy both, my issue is the false statements your making about the game.
    ie
    "Simplistic graphics" on my rig they look fantastic once you have the rig up to it.
    So everything on ultra at 1920x1080 isn't sufficient?
    Because I've tried that. It's still simplistic. As in, it doesn't look real, there aren't enough actual features on the terrain, and you can't make up for that with textures. Doesn't matter how nice the fabric is, if you drape it over a flat surface, you just get a flat surface. It's all about the number of vertices involved. To illustrate, here is a simple figure:
    220px-Necker_cube.svg.png

And here is a complex figure:
    6919642987_e9eb814735.jpg

You get more complexity in the graphics in BF4 and that results in things like more cover, more realistic looking terrain and structures and vehicles, finer detail, and more immersion.

And a PC that chugs along like a small steam engine unless it's running on Low everything :D
    "no teamwork" you couldnt be more wrong, just because you dont see it in pug squads doesnt mean it isnt going on, if you bothered to join a decent outfit you would see how wrong you are.
    And if I joined a BF4 clan I'd get the same thing. Join a clan, and you're in a different ballpark altogether and you're not talking about the game anymore. Hell, join a clan for competitive quake and you'd see the same amount of teamwork because it's coming from the people and is external to the game.

My point is that if you join P2 as an ordinary player, you don't see teamwork. If you join BF4 as an ordinary player, you don't see much teamwork, but the little you will see is more than you see on P2.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

Look Cully, it's like this: Sparks is right and you're wrong. :D

Yeah! :D

clapping-crowd.gif

:pac:

• Advertisement

He fcuking has me nearly convinced ffs lol, he would make some politician id say.

Advertisement