Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 4 [aaaarrrghhh bitching and moaning]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Dcully wrote: »
    he would make some politician id say.
    Hey, whoa there, stall the digger. No call to be all rude and abusive there lad :D

And on the original topic,

DROP AMMO BOXES YOU USELESS WASTES OF SERVER SPACE!!!

:D

Nothing worse than getting good runs against armour only to run out of rockets and then not one support player drops ammo even though you're asking for some and we're being killed by the remaining armour. There were at least four tanks last night that I could have killed if I'd had an ammo crate on Zavod :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

Sparks wrote: »
    And on the original topic,

DROP AMMO BOXES YOU USELESS WASTES OF SERVER SPACE!!!

:D

Nothing worse than getting good runs against armour only to run out of rockets and then not one support player drops ammo even though you're asking for some and we're being killed by the remaining armour. There were at least four tanks last night that I could have killed if I'd had an ammo crate on Zavod :(
    I play support and drop an ammo box if i see the symbol on my map, or someone looking at me. I do drop it beside me if im holding an objective, dont run up to me asking for it, you can see it on your map.
    What annoys me is someone standing there asking for ammo, I drop it, and they run away without taking any???
    Or do i not get the resupply thing if they only take a small bit?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭fenris

Support roles are what makes the game work tactically, a good platoon with well certed engies and medics will just roll grind down and roll over a pug full of heroes.
    A good outfit changes the game play experience not just because of the players but because of the range of weapons and equipment that can be bought to bear. In other words the game mechanics rewards teamwork and rewards a bit of creativity.

You shouldn't be doing that much re spawning if you are playing well, medics will revive and spawn beacons / squad spawns will get you string into the action.

If a sniper pops you it wil usually be from less than 150m, change to cloaker or rocket jockey and wipe him out.

The distance criticism sounds like ps1 rather than ps2.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭DeWinterZero

These days I usually end up picking up someone elses kit when I run out of ammo. Its usually quicker than trying to find an ammo box or a medic.

I miss the ammo perk from BF3 :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

I don't get why people don't drop ammo/health, it's easy points.

I'll usually throw them at a group of people as I'm running by on the off chance that someone might need some. Usually pays off well.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭osheen

Tazzimus wrote: »

I'll usually throw them at a group of people as I'm running by on the off chance that someone might need some. Usually pays off well.

I get the feeling that a lot of people playing bf4 on ps3/xbox are coming straight from COD .
    Seems like the majority just dont get the whole idea of teamwork or getting killed just to stop that mcom blowing or flag falling .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 988 ✭✭✭deadeye187

most ppl don`t know how to play the game. My squad leader was rank 42, he had a mic also, so i said ammo pls.....i said this about 5 times to which he replys 'dude wtf do you want'? and i said throw me ammo and this guy goes 'can i do that'!!! this guy was rank 42!!!! c`mon man.........just throw down ammo

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Disappearing RPG rockets.
    FIRE AT TANK for 3rd time. Die in the process cos of snake turret bastard.
    Rocket disappears somewhere between RPG and tank. Turns into flowers and fairy-dust apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,408 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

If I'm a medic or support player and I spawn on my squad, the first thing I do before anything else is throw down a med-pack or ammo crate just in case it's needed. Just makes sense.

Except for all the times I spawn under fire and get killed straight away cause I'm throwing a pack instead of holding a gun

• Advertisement

Disappearing RPG rockets.
    FIRE AT TANK for 3rd time. Die in the process cos of snake turret bastard.
    Rocket disappears somewhere between RPG and tank. Turns into flowers and fairy-dust apparently.

Active defense maybe?
    Akrasia wrote: »
    If I'm a medic or support player and I spawn on my squad, the first thing I do before anything else is throw down a med-pack or ammo crate just in case it's needed. Just makes sense.

Except for all the times I spawn under fire and get killed straight away cause I'm throwing a pack instead of holding a gun

I've done that a few times without thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

A rocket fired after you have died will disappear,same sh*te as MW2,makes no sense.I cant remember whether they did the same in BF3?

Worse yet, if you fire a SRAW and come out of ADS before it hits, it seems to either vanish or just head for tokyo, instead of tracking on the last lased spot like it did until the last patch.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Mad_Dave

Same with the javelin, if so much as a twig comes between you and the target the rocket veers wildly away.
    Although the stinger will still hit and do damage.

Same with the javelin, if so much as a twig comes between you and the target the rocket veers wildly away.
    Although the stinger will still hit and do damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭tim3000

Haven't been on in a while but I have heard that it has been patched.

One quick question have they nerfed the speed engineers repair helis while flying?

Because its near impossible to kill a heli with a good pilot if an engineer is repairing it. Stingers are useless, rpgs work quite well but it is the definition of hit or miss :P

Engineer heli repair speed is still the same. But even good pilots have to come down to rpg range to do major damage. :D

RPG's disappearing if you die as you fire it were a feature of BF3 as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Is anyone else unable to connect? Every game I try and join just says game disconnected, and when I try to rejoin it says 'server not found'. Even though it's still there, and evidently still full?

RPGs are now a one-hit kill on the scout even with an engineer repping (as I've learnt while repping in the scout helo :D )

Did dice "fix" something today ? Desperately poor tonight, I very rarely get disconnections but I've have multiple "something went wrong" and "Battlefield 4 has stopped working" messages. Also getting horrible micro stutter, weird hit reg and various other problems in game that were working well previously.
    Anyone else suffering ?

• Advertisement

Iron sights bug too. Sometimes, when aiming down sights after respawn, instead of showing you what you are aiming at, the entire area around the ironsights is completely blacked out so you essentially don't know where you're firing.

Hit detection and lag was atrocious tonight

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

QFT

Was funny on console, on EU servers my ping was one bar and on US servers my ping was 5 bars.

Go figure

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,539 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I ahvent really played that much of the game yet but was on last night (PS4) and my god it was shocking, Sniping and bullet would leave my sniper rifle and literally drop to the floor straight away.
    I left TDM and went into Conquest and it was ok to start with then just lag central.
    I know i dont know the maps and all but im not as bad as the game suggested last night I was.

I have a 120mb line and my xbox is wired to the router.

I unload a clip in somebody's face and watch as they kill me with a pistol.

I think the trick is to shoot where they're going to be 10 seconds from now.

Other than that, if bad lag I tend to equip recon and try and skulk my way to a far away flag. Trying to get in any kind of serious action on a high traffic area of a map is just infuriating.

I have a 120mb line and my xbox is wired to the router.

I unload a clip in somebody's face and watch as they kill me with a pistol.

I think the trick is to shoot where they're going to be 10 seconds from now.

Other than that, if bad lag I tend to equip recon and try and skulk my way to a far away flag. Trying to get in any kind of serious action on a high traffic area of a map is just infuriating.
    150mb line or me and the xbox also wired in, I was getting killed by people not even looking in my direction.

Went up against a tank and fired 3 times, none of which registered as hitting him, despite being 40 feet away and one of the lads standing off beside it watching my tank shells hit. Nothing coming from the other tank, then all of a sudden I had 12% health.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Ohh god thank fu*c for these posts about last night.

I was getting god damn furious at one point. Unloaded a shotgun right into someone 4 times and hardly hit anything. At first I though, bloody hell I'm having a more shocking than usual night. At least I wasn't the only one.

Knifing gets very interesting when its laggy.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,539 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Knifing gets very interesting when its laggy.

Yeah but countering the knife kills are easier when it lags, also find it hilarious when they have been stalking me for ages just for me to gut them with their own knife haha

• Advertisement

jonny24ie wrote: »
    Yeah but countering the knife kills are easier when it lags,

This is where the very interesting comes into play. Sometimes when its lagging, you press the counter knife key, the counter knife animation activates but then you die and the enemy gets your tags.

If its laggy its better to shoot. Or strafe left & right while frantically reloading and then shoot. :P

Advertisement