Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 4 [aaaarrrghhh bitching and moaning]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭marko93

Not quite sure if this belongs here, but I'm unsure of what it is and it's bothering the feck out of me mid-game
    50ml3.png

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Drop ammo.

Drop ammo.

Drop ammo.

Lads, it's Altai range, we're trying to hold C, they're rolling armor on us and I'm out of rockets. Drop ammo please.

Ah! A support player, excellent. Drop ammo please.

Drop Ammo.

Why are you shooting at a sniper 500m away with your PKP? Drop ammo!

Come on dammit, drop ammo before that LAV gets here!

DROP AMMO!

Look, I'm standing in front of you to get your attention, DROP AMMO.

DROP SOME ****ING AMMO FOR ****S SAKES!

Screw this, can't hold C with knife and a threatening look, I'm off to another point to find a support who hasn't got his head up his ass.

/runs to F

Oh look, I have a rocket launcher and SLAMs and there's an LAV and I can get within 10m without being seen BUT I HAVE NO AMMO.

/runs back to C

Support guy, give me ammo!

Oh no. It's you again, isn't it?

FFS.

/runs out into the road

ENEMY TEAM, PLEASE KILL ME!

/oddly long wait

/killed by LAV

SEE? The OTHER TEAM is helping me more than you, you USELESS support player!

Some days, this game's worst bugs are the morons playing it....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,845 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Not every support carries ammo boxes.

Those selfish sods are even worse than the clueless ones!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Having huge trouble trying to connect to any server since last night. I've made no changes.
    Just the usual game disconnected, could not join server :(

• Advertisement

Toddler's napping, XP Boost event in progress, c'mon BF4, fire up.
    Connect.
    Connect.

Come on you sod, connect.

Time is not infinite here you silly program, connect....

Oh, ffs. Chess.com never gives me hassle like this...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Or when you do drop ammo and they run off. On Lancang Damn, my squad camped out on a building. Two engineers and assault so I came in as support.

Was going well for ages, the assault reviving and healing, the engineers put down a wall of missiles no vehicle could pass with me supplying ammo and being anti infantry with a hail of bullets. All our points going through the roof.

One of them then gets taken by a tank and respawns as Recon, the other runs off to protect them, the vehicles roll in and annihilate our team. That's fine it can happen but I turn around and six people are Recon and we have no engineers. I spawned back in as an engineer took out a tank but I ran out of ammo and no one was willing to drop any. Went from a straight win for us to an easy win for them all in the space of three minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭osheen

Went from a straight win for us to an easy win for them all in the space of three minutes.[/quote]

And all I can say is thats what i love about this game ! 2 or 3 lads not thinking changes everything

Ah, here. I don't need BF4 for that, I get that every damn time I drive to work on the M50...

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭tim3000

Playing on Paracel. Made way up to a guy to get yet another set of dogtags. He turns just as I knife him, cue the counter-knife animation. Plot twist I end up with his tags as I manage to counter knife him (ie counter his counter knife). Anyone else notice this? Because I could swear this is the second time this has happened to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

What BS! :P

Be6AU_CIEAAwhRP.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

I cant get over how broken this game still is. Loads of error could not connect. BF.exe staying in the processes. Then in game, emptying whole clips into guys from point blank range and not even getting a hit marker. One shot kills. Zero health deaths. Christ.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

I used my 200% xp earlier. Saved it for 3 weeks! Now I'm practically out of them :(

Anyone get a serious amount of 0 health deaths this weekend?

I had tonnes of them. Drove me mad lying there dead with other playing still running around showing no health :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Noxin wrote: »

I had tonnes of them. Drove me mad lying there dead with other playing still running around showing no health :mad:

Pretty sure thats a known bug , got it a few times myself last night but after one I got the " counts as a kill " msg and it said 93% .

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Is there an unlockable banjo attachment for cow's arses?

Need to do some LMG target practice and the above would be handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

Noxin wrote: »

It's a reporting bug - they actually have more than 0 health. DICE fixed the bug that caused 100 hp to be shown despite putting half a mag into a guy, and created another bug which causes it to now show 0 hp despite putting half a mag into a guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Is there an unlockable banjo attachment for cow's arses?

Need to do some LMG target practice and the above would be handy.
    If you can get the muzzle break and stubby grip unlocked they help massively, especially on the MG4 where without them 1 in 78 bullets actually goes where you're aiming.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Tazzimus wrote: »
    If you can get the muzzle break and stubby grip unlocked they help massively, especially on the MG4 where without them 1 in 78 bullets actually goes where you're aiming.

To unlock I either neither to kill someone with one (Not going to happen) or get it in one of those battlepacks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Tap firing is the way to go, simply holding down the left mouse button will get you nowhere.

Also, make sure you're not shooting before aiming down the sights, it will cause your accuracy to bug out and keep the hip fire stats while ADS. If you stop shooting for a split second before ADS you will have the correct accuracy stats.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

To unlock I either neither to kill someone with one (Not going to happen) or get it in one of those battlepacks.
    As above, tap firing also helps hugely.

What LMG are you using mainly?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,607 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Weirdest f*cking thing in a game of TDM on Sunday. TDM on Operation Locker, I noticed a member of my team and a member of the other team in the same location outside the prison so I went over to help my teammate out as I was close. They were both fairly well hid on the side of the mountain, in sort of an alcove which is difficult enough to get to. But they weren't shooting at each other, and were both right beside each other. I shot the enemy and carried on.

A while later, noticed them both up there again. Went and killed yer man again.

Another while later, they were both up there again. Not doing anything. Just waiting, right beside each other.

I have no f*cking idea what they were doing.

Ah, forbidden love...

Weirdest f*cking thing in a game of TDM on Sunday. TDM on Operation Locker, I noticed a member of my team and a member of the other team in the same location outside the prison so I went over to help my teammate out as I was close. They were both fairly well hid on the side of the mountain, in sort of an alcove which is difficult enough to get to. But they weren't shooting at each other, and were both right beside each other. I shot the enemy and carried on.

A while later, noticed them both up there again. Went and killed yer man again.

Another while later, they were both up there again. Not doing anything. Just waiting, right beside each other.

I have no f*cking idea what they were doing.

Wasn't Chaboyy and Azzy meeting up by any chance was it? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Never had any disconnect issues before the latest patch ..now getting them nearly every second game :(

Wow. That's a new one. BSOD, mid-round...

...and bang again. A round with lots of massive fps spikes (even for me, dropping to 2fps on dawnbreaker is a bit much), and then after the round ended, and while loading the next level, kapow - system reset, no BSOD, nothing, just blip and I'm in the POST.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Never had any disconnect issues before the latest patch ..now getting them nearly every second game :(

Was getting them too then I couldn't even join. Restarting and letting Origin update may have helped.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Sparks wrote: »
    ...and bang again. A round with lots of massive fps spikes (even for me, dropping to 2fps on dawnbreaker is a bit much), and then after the round ended, and while loading the next level, kapow - system reset, no BSOD, nothing, just blip and I'm in the POST.

That sounds like a hardware issue, not a game one. Try loading the system with something like Prim95 or 3dMark for a bit and see if it can be recreated.

• Advertisement

It'd be worrying if that happened Spear, since I spent a week or two doing just that only a little while back. But I've had the logging on all evening since and nothing of note pops up.

Advertisement