Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 4 [aaaarrrghhh bitching and moaning]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

It's bleedin disgraceful Joe

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭osheen

Yet again myself and a mate have won a round of conquest by ourselves.
    Going through the battle report made for depressing reading .
    I'm rank 54 with 2500 flag captures but the lads on our team ranged from rank 35 - 92 and averaged 600 flag captures ?? Most had a k/d ratio of 2-1 .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

osheen wrote: »
    I'm rank 54 with 2500 flag captures but the lads on our team ranged from rank 35 - 92 and averaged 600 flag captures ?? Most had a k/d ratio of 2-1 .

I'm hoping activision pull the finger out and make a fantastic cod game this year to thin the herd of numpty's only concerned about k/d.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Game disconnected: something went wrong.

Indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

osheen wrote: »
    Played a game on floodzone last night, we had the 3 flags captured within two minutes and I only managed to kill 2 people, the enemy team was nowhere to be found... Until I heard sniper shots pinging by my head.

The entire enemy team was up on the rooftops sniping rather than trying to capture some flags back.

• Advertisement

Tazzimus wrote: »
    The entire enemy team was up on the rooftops sniping rather than trying to capture some flags back.

I just see them as target practice for the little bird. Playing on Flood Zone last night and the same snipers kept spawning off a beacon and I just kept killing them time and time again. They're like moths flying towards a light when it comes to high buildings. Poor fella's can't help it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

To the last team I played with last night, you are a bunch of morons who deserved to be kicked in the head every time you touch a piece of technology again.

I started the game with them, and within a few minutes we had all of the objectives. I didn't see the other team at all, then I heard the chopper high up. Fair enough, he cant do much way up there, but I can hit him with the stinger.
    Hang on, wheres my team gone?
    Suddenly the chopper starts getting objectives and I can't get my stinger to hit it. Run out of ammo, still cant find my team. The score starts to swing in favour of the enemy, from 390 - 38, to 190 - 34. I finally die, and look for my team, they're all camped out on a single roof, doing f**k all.
    Cue frantically trying to do what I can, and eventually some other guys from my team show up, and we eventually get the final score to 99 - 0.

Seriously morons, how did the game go from 390 -34, to 99 - 0? That should have been one of the easiest wins I've ever seen, it just took you prats to get off the damn roof. You weren't even fighting on it, why we're you there?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,845 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Because when the team's are that unbalanced you stop capping flags to give the other team a fair chance.

The win is as pointless as your k/d.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

Fair chance I get, but why still be on the roof when the other team starts wining?
    I only saw 3 people from my team, 12 on each team. I saw most of the other team.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Probably COD players. I find it's usually fairly easy to tell a COD player that has migrated to BF4 as they stick out like a sore thumb.

Don't get me wrong though nothing funnier than knifing an engineer laying down prone in the middle of a high traffic road thinking he cant be seen.

Have decided myself to put BF4 on the shelf to gather dust (even contemplating trading it in). The game since last patch is completely unplayable for me with OHK left right and center, massive rubber banding and aiming off to the side by about half an inch of where I want it to be (so something is over compensating my aim).

It is getting very frustrating at this stage and the game is simply not fun despite the fact I play with alot of very funny, sound guys who are excellent players and going by the party chat alot of them are starting to feel the same way as me. Don't get me wrong I'm not a beast at the game or anything compared to some (but I am rank #1 in recon in country on XB1 using only carbines) but prior to the patch it was a VERY rare thing for players under lvl 50 to go 0-6 on me. Now it's happening all the time with players even under lvl 10 and it was an INCREDIBLY rare thing for me to have a negative k/d at all.

Yes I have bad games / days but I feel its no coincidence that since the last patch I'm now struggling to get a simple k/d that is even (I know its not all about k/d lads) where as before a bad game for me would be a 1.2 k/d by match end.

So disappointing that after nearly 6 years of the BF series that I think I'm now done. This is major patch no.3 and the problems for me are just getting worse so at this stage no faith in DICE.

Anyway rant over

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

miju wrote: »
    Don't get me wrong though nothing funnier than knifing an engineer laying down prone in the middle of a high traffic road thinking he cant be seen.

Yes there is, knifing a sniper that thought he was safe on some roof top, mountain top or other remote location.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Spear wrote: »
    Yes there is, knifing a sniper that thought he was safe on some roof top, mountain top or other remote location.

Ah that is par for the course for me. What I always find much more satisfying is knifing the sniper up on a hill in their own spawn thinking they are untouchable until they get shanked by me shortly before the red killzone timer runs out after bailing out of jet and doing a last second parachute to save as much time as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

I just see them as target practice for the little bird. Playing on Flood Zone last night and the same snipers kept spawning off a beacon and I just kept killing them time and time again. They're like moths flying towards a light when it comes to high buildings. Poor fella's can't help it.

Xbox 360 for me so no little bird on that map and only 3 flags. SUAV came in handy though :)
    miju wrote: »
    Ah that is par for the course for me. What I always find much more satisfying is knifing the sniper up on a hill in their own spawn thinking they are untouchable until they get shanked by me shortly before the red killzone timer runs out after bailing out of jet and doing a last second parachute to save as much time as possible.

Seen a great vid of that in BF3, dude bailed from a jet, the eagle sound from assassins creed played as he free fell, then knifed the sniper having a nap on the hill.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭lahcen86

I was just wondering last night.... why the hell in BF4 do quads and jeeps have an early warning sound for incoming lock on missiles ??? This wasn't in BF3 nor is it anyway realistic !

I hope they get this sorted as lock ons are useless at the minute.

So we're back to one hit kills across the map (Locker even) now by people with zero health. Movement feels even more laggy and when I do seem to be able to have my bullets not bounce of people's heads the game disconnects.

WTF has happened to battlefield? I'm so ****ing sick and disappointed by this game.

EDIT: Commander mode on PC is now ****ed too as well as on iOS.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

5uspect wrote: »
    Movement feels even more laggy
    Was this on CeLTS? Last night, there was horrible lag there for some reason - I'd stop pressing the "move forward" key, and I'd keep running for a half-second or so. Got me killed so often I quit in fustration. But no other server I joined had that problem.

Also, sometimes I'd swear my keyboard didn't have N-key rollover - I hit the "switch to primary" button while carrying C4 and it takes a full two seconds to switch and I'm dead by then. 2 FPS is bad enough, lag is even worse, but now even my mouse and keyboard seem to not be responding :(

When I just load into a game and spawn I have no weapon for a few seconds (about 30)
    horrible lag across all servers was flying a helli lag set in then rubber banded me into the sea fps

And you can't get out of your spawn with a hell because everyone locks on with singers straight away

Ecm regent time is far to long

(I don't fly with 4 engineers repairing me)

fergus1001 wrote: »
    And you can't get out of your spawn with a hell because everyone locks on with singers straight away

Yeah I keep getting stitched up by those singers.

Sparks wrote: »
    Was this on CeLTS? Last night, there was horrible lag there for some reason - I'd stop pressing the "move forward" key, and I'd keep running for a half-second or so. Got me killed so often I quit in fustration. But no other server I joined had that problem.

Haven't been on Celts in awhile - figured the folks there were sick of my moaning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,336 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

I've had this happen a few times where i've been flying in the helo and sudden start falling out of the sky. It's as tho the helo has lost power. I have to repress W to start flying again, it's almost like the game stops recognizing the keyboard input. I've died a few times because of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Yeah I keep getting stitched up by those singers.

its when they break into a chorus that gets me.

its when they break into a chorus that gets me.
    You get a chorus? All I ever hear is atonal droning :D

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭tim3000

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Played a game on floodzone last night, we had the 3 flags captured within two minutes and I only managed to kill 2 people, the enemy team was nowhere to be found... Until I heard sniper shots pinging by my head.

What I do in this situation is to select my sniper class and use an AK-5C as primary. Then I spawn in my base and use my SUAV to crash it into the snipers. Good fun if you teabag for effect ;)

I only snipe when my team is miles ahead but I think snipers should all be forced to spawn at the original spawn point if certain criteria are not met. That way they are forced to get into the action at least for a little bit. Nothing worse than a squad full of snipers on top of one building miles from the action.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

THROW DOWN YOUR F**KIN AMMO BOXES!!!

I've had random battlepacks all the time, but this... what the **** is this ****?
    http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/feed/show/2955061300133873126/

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭DeWinterZero

I've got lots of those type packs. Thats what you usually get as the last pack for a gun. Especially the beginner guns as you get more accessories for them from the rank up battlepacks.

I've started collecting the 25% boosts now. I've about 120 so far :D

I've got lots of those type packs. Thats what you usually get as the last pack for a gun. Especially the beginner guns as you get more accessories for them from the rank up battlepacks.

I've started collecting the 25% boosts now. I've about 120 so far :D

id love if you could turn them all on at once

one kill = level 100 ha

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

The amount of times I crash out on xbox is getting ridiculous. Just freezes the entire thing and I have to restart the console. Happened thrice in a row today. Thrice.

The amount of times I've been shot round corners after making it to safety. I decided to run for cover because I could make it. Don't fcuking show a death cam that just highlights you've been shot by some prick who has bullets that can bend round corners.

The disappearing rockets. I made the god damned decision to risk death to get that rocket out. Don't negate my sacrifice you bastards.

Really takes the fun out of the whole thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Fkin'..... boooooooooooooooooo!!!!! :(

a730917a3490ce1de5e8a0f40b9fc2b1.png

Advertisement