Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 4 [aaaarrrghhh bitching and moaning]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Not a good night for me so far.
    Game $hit itself and locked up the machine. Got back in, stuck spawning with no weapons.
    Now blank loading screen when trying to connect. :(

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Fkin'..... boooooooooooooooooo!!!!! :(

a730917a3490ce1de5e8a0f40b9fc2b1.png

I love those ones. Even when you lose those rare moments when it's right to the wire are incredible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Is BF4 working for ye on PC?

Getting an "Error" when i try to join a game in the web browser

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Working now :confused: :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Game was ****e tonight. Getting one shotted the whole time and no headshot marker shown.

Its starting to wear very thin at this stage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

miju wrote: »
    Game was ****e tonight. Getting one shotted the whole time and no headshot marker shown.

Its starting to wear very thin at this stage

Had very similar. And the amount of people on celts who got banned last night was nuts. Every 2 minutes there was a popup banning someone.

Terrible night last night.

I really can't figure out their "skill" calculating. Games where I thought I did ok both on kills and playing the objective and I get -11 skill. wtf??
    I don't put too much into the numbers but it still gets to me at times. Ended up just shutting off last night.
    Also lately start getting horrible ping spikes that can only be resolved by alt - tabbing out and into the game. Quick enough fix but I'm still dead every time it happens.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Skill is irrelevant. Loosely explained its calculated over the whole round based on who killed you and who you killed.

So for example if my skill is 300 and yours 280 and you then kill me 5 times and i only get you once, then my skill goes down and yours goes up.

But if I kill you 10 times and you don't kill me at all then my and your skill stays same as the game "expects" me too beat you as Ive higher skill.

The above is calculated based on every enemy encounter / outcome you have in a match

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Can't fire up BF4 after that patch, half the games I try to connect to it won't connect to, and when it does, it does the repeating-0.2s-of-noise-in-an-infinite-loop hang trick when I hit the deploy button, every single time.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,336 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Really wish they would change the reload rate for the AA missiles, both for stingers and the MAA. I understand balance, and that the helos and jets are powerful assets, but it's so annoying to fly into a situation where you get hit and before you can even have a chance to maneuver you're hit again. And again. And again. Not to mention how utterly ineffective the counter-measures are. Hear tone, press to deploy flares, get hit, flares deploy. Awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Really wish they would change the reload rate for the AA missiles, both for stingers and the MAA. I understand balance, and that the helos and jets are powerful assets, but it's so annoying to fly into a situation where you get hit and before you can even have a chance to maneuver you're hit again. And again. And again. Not to mention how utterly ineffective the counter-measures are. Hear tone, press to deploy flares, get hit, flares deploy. Awesome.

Flying coffins is all they are. MAAs with active radar missiles are a scourge and take zero skill to use, pretty much fire and forget too which makes them even more annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

Anyone on pc having problems with punkbuster of late?
    ERROR
    Game disconnected: you were kicked by PunkBuster. Stated reason: PunkBuster kicked player 'morewater' (for 0 minutes) ... RESTRICTION: Service Communication Failure: PnkBstrB.exe initialization failed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

yimrsg wrote: »
    Anyone on pc having problems with punkbuster of late?

just got a similar punkbuster message kicking me from a server, back to titanfall til they fix this crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 714 ✭✭✭PlainP

Why oh why does it throw you into the end of a game on the losing side, every second server I join this happens. This would be on a map that I have chosen to play, then you get put on some **** map that you hate. Its a load of sh1t.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

PlainP wrote: »
    Why oh why does it throw you into the end of a game on the losing side, every second server I join this happens.
    Simple, really. Players on the losing side generally start leaving the game near the end, so when you join, you're balanced onto the team with the least amount of players.

Simple, really. Players on the losing side generally start leaving the game near the end, so when you join, you're balanced onto the team with the least amount of players.

I'm talking about right at the end like when the game is over and you're thrown into the match its gick.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Sparks wrote: »
    Can't fire up BF4 after that patch, half the games I try to connect to it won't connect to, and when it does, it does the repeating-0.2s-of-noise-in-an-infinite-loop hang trick when I hit the deploy button, every single time.

same here..

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Ugh, Take off on Caspian, get instantly nailed by AA sitting outside RU spawn. ****er owning everything in the air with leftovers picked off by their Havoc.

Plus Punkbuster issues, plus EA diconnect issues, plus awful rubberbanding. :mad:

I'm still convinced that BF4 is as ugly as ****, the new maps do nothing to change this. They look really cartoony and poor even on ultra. Reminds me of some of the horribly saturated FXAA injector stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

How could they have messed up the game so badly.

The lag on Conquest Large vanilla is just fcuking ridiculous. CR and SA play so smoothly in comparison it honestly annoys the crap out of me that they can't get it to run properly.

I think that other than Obliteration with the lads, I'm probably done with playing vanilla maps on this game.

I'm talking about right at the end like when the game is over and you're thrown into the match its gick.

Well the solution to that is to use the live scoreboard to ensure you don't join until the game has ended!

• Advertisement

Well the solution to that is to use the live scoreboard to ensure you don't join until the game has ended!

Is that PC only? How do you see this.

Is that PC only? How do you see this.

I'm not sure to be honest, it could be. Can console players browse servers on a PC?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,845 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I'm not sure to be honest, it could be. Can console players browse servers on a PC?

Yea on battlelog or smart phone app. Even click to join from web.

The game will put you on the losing side to balance the game the last thing the winning team needs is more players :)

Yea on battlelog or smart phone app. Even click to join from web.

The game will put you on the losing side to balance the game the last thing the winning team needs is more players :)

I'll try this so, thanks.

I'll try this so, thanks.

No can't see the live scoreboard on PS4, can see all the players on the server info but not which teams they are on.

No can't see the live scoreboard on PS4, can see all the players on the server info but not which teams they are on.

Use the website it shows the teams with the live score board and what side the players are on. Just click view full server page on the right under Join server button.

When you find a good one click join server and it will join on the PS4 automatically.

Pew pew pew pew... fcuk DMRs and their spammy shots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I'm lucky enough that BF4 has always been pretty stable for me, never crashes or anything, but the small gripe I have is that on my 2560x1080 monitor, the edges of the screen are cut off in the post round summary in a 4:3 format for some reason, meaning I can't see any of the chat!

I'm lucky enough that BF4 has always been pretty stable for me, never crashes or anything, but the small gripe I have is that on my 2560x1080 monitor, the edges of the screen are cut off in the post round summary in a 4:3 format for some reason, meaning I can't see any of the chat!

That is a blessing ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

That is a blessing ;)

Yup all it says is AMMO, AMMO , AMMO , AMMO , AMMO , MEDIC, AMMO , AMMO ..........

Advertisement