Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 4 [aaaarrrghhh bitching and moaning]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Yup all it says is AMMO, AMMO , AMMO , AMMO , AMMO , MEDIC, AMMO , AMMO ..........

Really?
    Mine keeps going on about how one team or the other is the most <fornicating> useless excuse for a <fornicating> team that that teenager has ever seen in his extensive and well-regarded battlefield career...

• Registered Users Posts: 8 420Sw4gBro9000

I hate the community.
    I remember when I used to play these games to have fun...god knows why the **** I play it now, impossible to enjoy with the attitudes your faced with.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,845 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I hate the community.
    I remember when I used to play these games to have fun...god knows why the **** I play it now, impossible to enjoy with the attitudes your faced with.

Prob one of the main reasons we still play mohw, is a brilliant game but the community is so good. Every game is enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Pew pew pew pew... fcuk DMRs and their spammy shots.

I hate them guns but hate that sound even more. I fûcking hate it!!

I've given up playing any big open maps unless I have 3/4 friends on. It's next to pointless. Very hard to destroy the tanks on ur own. Can't even hide for cover as te tank blows it to pieces. Helis are next to useless now too. Need to seriously take a look at balancing now that most of the initial bugs have been ironed out (I know some people are still having lots of problems. It's been ok for me)

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭osheen

take a look at balancing now that most of the initial bugs have been ironed out (I know some people are still having lots of problems. It's been ok for me)[/quote]

I agree about the helis the scout isnt too bad but I remember when you saw the attack heli you hid if ya wanted to live ! Now you can quite happily ignore it .
    But balancing is pointless . The problem is players not PTFO ! Last night I jumped into a game we were down to 100 - 370 tickets but I started capping flags my k/d at the finish was 5 k- 29 d but we won by 11 tickets all because of myself and 1 other lad .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

osheen wrote: »
    take a look at balancing now that most of the initial bugs have been ironed out (I know some people are still having lots of problems. It's been ok for me)

I agree about the helis the scout isnt too bad but I remember when you saw the attack heli you hid if ya wanted to live ! Now you can quite happily ignore it .
    But balancing is pointless . The problem is players not PTFO ! Last night I jumped into a game we were down to 100 - 370 tickets but I started capping flags my k/d at the finish was 5 k- 29 d but we won by 11 tickets all because of myself and 1 other lad .[/QUOTE]

My kd nosedived this weekend. It was never any good but it took a real battering. Even still was near the top of the leader board on 64 person conquest in most games.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Mine took a nosedive too but purely on horrible lag and rubberbanding like i never seen before

Yeah but yours probably went from 3.5 to 3.4 :)

Yeah but yours probably went from 3.5 to 3.4 :)

LOL game types I play wouldnt let me get those types of K/Ds without serious vehicle whoring.

No I went from 2.01 to 1.88 which might not seem like alot but when you take in the fact I've nearly 19,000 kills under my belt its a significant change.

Was frustrating as hell, played alot of Op Locker yesterday and I join one server and really struggle hard to keep an even K/D with all the lag, rubberbanding, one hit kills and being shot around corners even though we are kicking them up and down the map ( match 1 , match 2 - down the bottom as it did involve a rage quite .)

Change server and it's ALOT less laggy and it's back to my normal K/D type figures match 1, match 2, match 3

Then there was my skill which dropped by like 140 points, due to all the disconnects. My time with BF4 will be coming to a very swift end in a little under 2 weeks and hopefully by the time I've maxed out stats on Titanfall that BF4 will be in some kind of stable state.

/rant

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Mad_Dave

miju wrote: »
    Was frustrating as hell, played alot of Op Locker yesterday and I join one server and really struggle hard to keep an even K/D with all the lag, rubberbanding, one hit kills and being shot around corners...

Change server and it's ALOT less laggy and it's back to my normal...

I just hop from server to server until I find one that works properly. Seems completely random, servers that work well one day can be terrible the next.
    Sometimes takes ages to find one that feels good, but it's worth it in the long run. Means my quit percentage has gone through the roof though :)

• Advertisement

Mad_Dave wrote: »
    Sometimes takes ages to find one that feels good, but it's worth it in the long run. Means my quit percentage has gone through the roof though :)

I do genuinely feel alot of the lag on XB1 at least has got to do with dem there foreigners.

On XB1 the servers are all in the US (which would be fine if they actually region locked them). But what you get instead is US players (usually high rank of 110 who know what they are doing) who obviously dont get affected at all by coming into EU servers lagging up EU server and demolishing all the EU players all the while thinking they are l33t.

I think Quick Match has alot to answer for in this regard and possibly the only thing that can save BF4 is private servers of some sort of region lock system in place.

I do think EA / DICE are "running out of time" to fix this game to a playable state especially when you look at Reddit and Battlelog forums alot of players with 350+ hours talking about quitting / moving to Titanfall. Something tells me EA / DICE won't / can't fix the problems and there seems to be alot of apathy / conceding defeat attitude from DICE staff recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

jonny666 wrote: »
    I hate them guns but hate that sound even more. I fûcking hate it!!

I find when I'm using them they're horrifically inaccurate, but if someones using one against me they're Cougar from The Losers...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I do genuinely feel alot of the lag on XB1 at least has got to do with dem there foreigners.

On XB1 the servers are all in the US (which would be fine if they actually region locked them). But what you get instead is US players (usually high rank of 110 who know what they are doing) who obviously dont get affected at all by coming into EU servers lagging up EU server and demolishing all the EU players all the while thinking they are l33t.

I think Quick Match has alot to answer for in this regard and possibly the only thing that can save BF4 is private servers of some sort of region lock system in place.

I do think EA / DICE are "running out of time" to fix this game to a playable state especially when you look at Reddit and Battlelog forums alot of players with 350+ hours talking about quitting / moving to Titanfall. Something tells me EA / DICE won't / can't fix the problems and there seems to be alot of apathy / conceding defeat attitude from DICE staff recently.

Quick match is a complete disaster, Any time I've used it, its been the worst experience ever, its like it tries to just fill the first empty spot it finds, regardless of where in the world the server is in relation to you or the skill level of the players on that server. Bad and all as Black Ops 2 could be with connection issues, its matchmaking is head and shoulders above this mess.

I think I have one kill with a DMR, which I needed to unlock the MTAR

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I think I have one kill with a DMR, which I needed to unlock the MTAR

I actually like the DMRs, spammy ba$tard that I am :P

I actually like the DMRs, spammy ba$tard that I am :P

I've never been any good with semi-autos. My aim / accuracy (PS) is too bad. The Fal was a monster of a gun in COD but I could never get it to work for me.

Meant to post this link earlier on.

Sums up the problems exactly IMO

Meant to post this link earlier on.

Sums up the problems exactly IMO

What are we looking at in that video? because I fail to see anything wrong, the pilot was late setting off the flares so they had not traveled a far enough distance from the chopper to reduce the impact.

The blast knocked the chopper out of his hover and he crashed, then he was hit with two stingers from two separate soldiers in quick succession and he blew up.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Mad_Dave

I think the apathy from DICE comes from the fact the Battlefield doesn't have any real competition. The only games I can think off that offer what BF4 offers are Planetside 2 (not a fan myself) and ArmA (too realistic and niche).
    Other than that BF kind of stands alone, I'd guess that if another FPS in the same mould arrived on the scene DICE would get their act together fairly quickly.

If the next CoD pulls it's head out of the damp warm place it's currently located, that might well happen. Besides, how many more modern-era shooters can there be before the entire genre is mined out? Even the rumour mill can't think of a new angle on that and is trying to say BF5 will be a police game (yes, because SWAT was such a commercial success - if there's one thing every BF3/BF4/CoD/MoH player is looking for, it's the observing-miranda-rights-and-other-legislation RoE and trying not to get into firefights to begin with but spending 20+ hours talking to people...). And CoD is making up so much future history right now that if the next game doesn't have aliens, I'll be surprised.

• Advertisement

Sparks wrote: »
    yes, because SWAT was such a commercial success.

i might be in the minority but i enjoyed the SWAT 3 multiplayer and as for single player all the perps kept "resisting" arrest so lethal force was the only option :)

all the perps kept "resisting" arrest so lethal force was the only option :)
    There are several topical jokes that come to mind reading the news in Ireland of late :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Sparks wrote: »
    Besides, how many more modern-era shooters can there be before the entire genre is mined out? Even the rumour mill can't think of a new angle on that and is trying to say BF5 will be a police game (yes, because SWAT was such a commercial success - And CoD is making up so much future history right now that if the next game doesn't have aliens, I'll be surprised.

Can we go back to WWII then , because I wasn't finished there , no amount of kicking was good enough for those nazis .

That Tom Clancy's 'The Division' might be interesting and then again it might be rubbish .

Edit: changed my mind , it's 3rd person shooter not 1st , not interested so .

It was not so long ago when everyone and their mother was calling for an end to ww2 shooters as they had been done to death.

I would like a return myself. Playing through some of those small french towns with destructible environments would be awesome.

Any time I watch Band of Brothers I get a hankering.

Any time I watch Band of Brothers I get a hankering.

I could imagine a few different Normandy maps based on each beach on Battlefield scale being quite epic alright.

A new form of Rush if you will :)

Forget that. D-Day's been done to death. Try the beaches in the Dardanelles...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

I wouldn't mind a battlefield game with frostbite and next gen graphics set in WWII.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Just got kicked from a server for being Irish :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Nedved85 wrote: »
    Just got kicked from a server for being Irish :(

Server name ?

• Advertisement

*lol*
    US server? Or maybe one of the youtubers like BillyTheKid or ScannerDarkly ticked them off :D

Advertisement