Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 4 [aaaarrrghhh bitching and moaning]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

That's an auto geo-lookup script, not a human decision.

Anyhow, got my F2000 unlocked, and I plan to never see Metro again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Worst it's ever been tonight. Ugh :mad:

First the patch breaks the game, eventually get it working via the battlelog forums. Followed by horrible lag and rubber banding all night.

WTF are they playing at?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Almost almost had the GOL last night playing rush on Caspian.

Got 4 sniper kills from the tower, a claymore and pistol kill before I was taken out.

You think I could get those last two sniper kills for the ribbon after that? As soon as I 'd spot someone a tank or someone else on the team would get them. Just before the end I took out one of 3 snipers on the tower trying to get me before I was killed and the round ended. One kill off unlocking it, cue me getting very pissed off that I had got so close.

Said I'd try something different, see if there's any fun to be had in this abomination of a game. Sure lets do some assignments. Unlock the MTAR, should be easy. Might as well have a look at the new Metro.

Nope.
    http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/battlereport/show/1/438815926753738368/301035436/
    I didn't everything required in the few seconds of I managed to not die the second I spawned and it still didn't unlock.

I hate this game.

• Advertisement

Finally got the GOL, jesus the effort.

In the end one enemy was kind enough to keep going back to the same spot for me to rack up my kills. All six on the same person.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

not interested in any of the new wepons to be honest if i get them i get them :/

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

fergus1001 wrote: »
    not interested in any of the new wepons to be honest if i get them i get them :/

I find I must have them. Spent ages, on China Rising trying to get a mortar kill to unlock an LMG that I've never used.

I'd like to get the AR from China Rising* the LMG from Second Assault and the F2000

* Saw a quote on the Battlelog forums that whoever thought of getting a defib kill to unlock this AR deserves to have his balls slammed in a drawer 50 times

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Defib kill is easy enough just go sniper hunting and within a min you will have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Ah yeah I know, it's not too bad. It's the type of thing though that when I try for it tends to lead to a lot of frustration. Should have had it by now but between forgetting what else I needed, bad luck and outright stupidity still don't have it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Ah yeah I know, it's not too bad. It's the type of thing though that when I try for it tends to lead to a lot of frustration. Should have had it by now but between forgetting what else I needed, bad luck and outright stupidity still don't have it.

Im the same as that, i find that often the match ends and i was missing 1 of the criteria to unlock something.

Has anyone had any difficulty in unlocking the flame camo pack? you have to set the grass on fire 5 times in second assault. I've apparently lit it once that I dont remember, but last night nothing was working, repair tool, incindiary grenades etc having no joy.

probably down to the new 'physics patch' that grass got, its now made of asbestos.

Im the same as that, i find that often the match ends and i was missing 1 of the criteria to unlock something.

Has anyone had any difficulty in unlocking the flame camo pack? you have to set the grass on fire 5 times in second assault. I've apparently lit it once that I dont remember, but last night nothing was working, repair tool, incindiary grenades etc having no joy.

probably down to the new 'physics patch' that grass got, its now made of asbestos.
    Look for puddles of oil around firestorm and blow up something near them :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Look for patches of yellow grass on Caspian, and give them a few seconds of the blowtorch alternately.

Edit: I should also add there's an Origin/console achievement for doing that.

I've apparently lit it once that I dont remember, but last night nothing was working, repair tool, incindiary grenades etc having no joy.

On Caspian alot of the grass around the centre of the A flag can be set on fire and same with B and D flags also.

Give it a few seconds and once your health starts going down that baby is burning like a mofo

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭The Red

Have any of you lads any experience with this? Is it safe to use?

http://battlefield.realmware.co.uk/bf4-settings-editor/features

The Red wrote: »
    Have any of you lads any experience with this? Is it safe to use?

http://battlefield.realmware.co.uk/bf4-settings-editor/features

Yeah, it's fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Just don't use it's fix for the free look bug - some glitch left you only able to turn left in aircraft if you did, at least a few weeks back when I last used it. Recoverable, but a bit of a pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Sparks wrote: »
    Just don't use it's fix for the free look bug - some glitch left you only able to turn left in aircraft if you did, at least a few weeks back when I last used it. Recoverable, but a bit of a pain.

The Derek zoolander bug.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,845 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

5uspect wrote: »
    Yeah, it's fine.
    5uspect wrote: »
    Worst it's ever been tonight. Ugh :mad:

First the patch breaks the game, eventually get it working via the battlelog forums. Followed by horrible lag and rubber banding all night.

WTF are they playing at?

custom files ?? ;)

custom files ?? ;)

I wish. I only started using it recently to sort out some of my problems.
    I think The Red was more worried about getting banned or some malware perhaps.

The BF3 version was somewhat controversial because it offered access to hard brake in jets which was hidden in the game itself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭simon360

Probably been mentioned, but I hate active radar using AA in the base, impossible to kill using helis/jets and impossible to get to using tanks etc. Anyone have a way to get these B**tards?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

Active radar missiles used by AA and jets is my main gripe with the game. It's totally OP, requires no skill to use and disrupts the attack heli's ability to be in any way effective.

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭simon360

Active radar missiles used by AA and jets is my main gripe with the game. It's totally OP, requires no skill to use and disrupts the attack heli's ability to be in any way effective.

They nerfed the rockets to 30 damage but that still does no good, A few games today I'd just only get into the air and the instant rocket is on me and I have bad mobility, then they reload and you're done for. Some servers kick people in the AA camping in their spawn, I usually look out for those to play on.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,335 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

yea, the Active AA should be taken out, it's a no skill missile that is extremely hard to counter. Most of the time it's hit you before you hear any warning tone.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Most frustrating night so far with this game, playing on ps4 tonight and this game is utterly broken! It really is a piece of s@#t!

And Dice/EA are pieces of s@#t for releasing it like this, loads of this stuff is never gonna be fixed imo

Balancing is one thing but fixing the broken mechanics is not gonna happen, can something that drastic even be done at this stage?

And the reason im so angry is I have premium on PC and PS4, never again will I buy a Dice/EA game on release, ive lost all trust in them, something which I thought I would never say of Dice but they are now pieces of s@#t imo

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭flyingoutside

Was getting a good run without problems but tonight has been awful. From crashing a few times to hits not registering it's a nightmare. Worst bit was it not recognising lads getting hit by rockets for **** sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Worst bit was it not recognising lads getting hit by rockets for **** sake.

Killing infantry in a tank tonight has been a near imposibility for me tonight, ive fired a tank shell at a building wall from 10 metres to test and the shell literally just disappears!?! No explosion, no broken wall!?! Swith to tank secondary and fire that and the same ****** thing. Shocking stuff:(

At this point it must be a server side thing, because last time I played with same client was not as bad as this.

Heard there looking at "netcode" server side but if this is there first attempt theres a long way to go

That rocket truck on Zavod should not be allowed back into the spawn, causes all sorts of annoyance when you're trying to cap flags and it can barely be touched, especially when some idiot snipers keep robbing the transport chopper to get onto the roofs at B and C..

Tazzimus wrote: »
    some idiot snipers keep robbing the transport chopper to get onto the roofs at B and C..

Quad bike, hope off c4, click , click boom , drive merrily away out of the red zone and admire your handy work :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,845 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

"Fixing the commonly nicknamed “netcode issues” – problems ranging between faulty networking latency compensation and glitches in the gameplay simulation itself – is one of the top priorities for DICE. We’d like to take a moment to discuss how we are addressing these issues, as this is a very hot topic for many of our fans."

http://blogs.battlefield.com/2014/03/addressing-netcode-in-bf4/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=bf4-social-uk-socom-fb-post-netcode-blog&sourceid=bf4-social-uk-socom-fb-post-netcode-blog

Advertisement