Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 4 [aaaarrrghhh bitching and moaning]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Found something to bitch & moan about ......

End of the month / start of a new month ....... where's are some of my favourites gone ? ! .... server subs not renewed :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

So we must not enough explosives since they feel the need to add another grenade launcher with naval strike.

And a bloody sniper rifle that is semi auto,have we not got enough Dmr's?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

I am crap with DMRs. Haven't used one for more than 10 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭tim3000

Every time I sign in (360) all my vehicle loadouts are reset. It says that player data is damaged. Reckon Ill have to delete my saves. This only happened since patch 8 was releases

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Holy non-appearing hitmarkers batman! Just played 5 mins of Obliteration on Dawnbreaker on PS4 and was shooting enemies pointblank and was getting nothing. They were doing the same and getting nothing. It was like everyone was invincible against bullets.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Anyone seen the jackfrags video of the anti aircraft mines?

choppers are finished in this game it has a crazy long range on them, coupled with the AA and stingers aircraft are useless

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=joaQoaEbUb4&feature=youtube_gdata_player

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

miju wrote: »
    Anyone seen the jackfrags video of the anti aircraft mines?

choppers are finished in this game it has a crazy long range on them, coupled with the AA and stingers aircraft are useless

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=joaQoaEbUb4&feature=youtube_gdata_player

So you can carry both the mines and a stinger? Yup, choppers just died big time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Noxin wrote: »
    So you can carry both the mines and a stinger? Yup, choppers just died big time.
    As if they weren't hard enough to keep in the air for more than 3 seconds at a time already.

Noxin wrote: »

not sure tbh but with some enemies with stingers and few with these mines even a jet doing a low fly by is gonna get taken out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

Choppers are dead til next patch me thinks. Stupid idea to put in more aa. Nice balancing by dice. No choppers for another month or so til its patched.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,845 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

In that video the chopper gets hit but doesn't crash. The mines are no different than a stinger.

In that video the chopper gets hit but doesn't crash. The mines are no different than a stinger.

True but, it brought the chopper down to 39 health so it renders the choppers useless.

With MAA up and these AA mines dotted around the place and THEN include stingers, aircraft are now just short term taxis :p:p

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭DeWinterZero

Typical pilots thinking the engineers are only interested in destroying aircraft. Go with full anti air load out, die to the jeeps, apc's, tanks & boats that you can't damage.

I much rather hitting heli's and the (very) occasional jet with my RPG-7. :D

Typical pilots

I'm not a pilot quite the opposite actually, No. 9 in world on MAA :P:P:P:P:P

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

ah the game is a pile of **** anyway...nowadays its more like COD than Battlefield where it caters to the noobs who complain about everything from overpowered jets to snipers. The same noobs who whinge about it and sneer at COD are themselves basically playing TDM/Domination modes and more concerned about their KDRs than how the team plays.
    I was on a match the other night...3 of my squad were support on a game we were losing bigtime and we needed medics but no one could be bothered.
    It wouldn't have happened in BF2. People switched to the kits that were needed for the better of the team.
    Add to the huge amount of unneccessary unlocks/ranks etc and its all about rewarding the noob players who only came about stats and unlocks etc and not really appreciate the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

Blazer wrote: »
    ah the game is a pile of **** anyway...nowadays its more like COD than Battlefield where it caters to the noobs who complain about everything from overpowered jets to snipers. The same noobs who whinge about it and sneer at COD are themselves basically playing TDM/Domination modes and more concerned about their KDRs than how the team plays.
    I was on a match the other night...3 of my squad were support on a game we were losing bigtime and we needed medics but no one could be bothered.
    It wouldn't have happened in BF2. People switched to the kits that were needed for the better of the team.
    Add to the huge amount of unneccessary unlocks/ranks etc and its all about rewarding the noob players who only came about stats and unlocks etc and not really appreciate the game.
    Cry baby...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,845 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

But you surely changed to a medic and had them covered.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

What is with the tank shell blast radius? Playing now, I literally have to get a direct hit to kill infantry with tank shell! Seems ridiculous. Was firing into infantry and just kept getting hit markers from about 1 foot away but no kills, until I hit someone dead on.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

What is with the tank shell blast radius? Playing now, I literally have to get a direct hit to kill infantry with tank shell! Seems ridiculous. Was firing into infantry and just kept getting hit markers from about 1 foot away but no kills, until I hit someone dead on.
    Makes sense. Tank shells are not really all that explosive in the traditional sense, they're shaped charges or kinetic warheads because of all the armour.
    Load a canister shell as your secondary if you really want to use shells on infantry, though you ought to be using a HMG or LMG secondary instead. Now that they've fixed the staff shell exploit, you're safe to use a different secondary...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I did..and said frak em..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭DeWinterZero

Unlocked the AA mines.

I placed them on a roof in Firestorm and then my squad all got killed because they were standing about admiring them :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,335 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Sparks wrote: »
    Makes sense. Tank shells are not really all that explosive in the traditional sense, they're shaped charges or kinetic warheads because of all the armour.
    Load a canister shell as your secondary if you really want to use shells on infantry, though you ought to be using a HMG or LMG secondary instead. Now that they've fixed the staff shell exploit, you're safe to use a different secondary...

Tank shell are pretty ****ing beastly, you're not going to be skipping away from one in real life. Shame about the Staff shell, was a good juggle combo

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭AllthingsCP

Aww i wanted to say that.

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭AllthingsCP

But thats not supporting the team- More like a COD player----Dam them to hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭tim3000

Not really a bitch or a moan but the splash damage from the AP shell in the tanks is amazing against infantry. I was using HE in the tanks until recently I wont be going back now.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Breizhoneg

was just on a sever, had a real good ping but everything seemed to be time dilated , people would see me and I would not see them and bam I am dead... Is that the netcode effect ?

giphy.gif

Tank shell are pretty ****ing beastly, you're not going to be skipping away from one in real life.

Not if it hits you in the head you won't, but then that's an instakill in the game as well. It's the splash damage we're talking about here if you hit the ground near someone. And there's a fair amount of footage out there showing that those things are bad news if you're a few feet from the impact point, but the cameraman ten feet further back survives and so does the camera. They're anti-armour shells, not area effect weapons and the game models them that way.

It would depend on the round alright, sabot vs HE, would have different properties there. It's a bit pointless to complain about the splash damage from a tank shell in this game when a guy can get hit with a 30mm shell and keep running :P As frustrating as the damage models are, it's a game, even if it drives me nuts at times with it's inconsistency

• Advertisement

Playing tonight and constantly getting dropped from the server. Just about every second game it is disconnecting with lost server error.

Advertisement