Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 4 [aaaarrrghhh bitching and moaning]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭The Red

I'm not being smart but does the <100 ping servers selection solve this? Or something to that effect? I haven't tried so I can't say...

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

The Red wrote: »
    I'm not being smart but does the <100 ping servers selection solve this? Or something to that effect? I haven't tried so I can't say...

Eh no, there's nothing stopping tools from joining >100 servers other than good admins and auto kick. I always try to join servers with less than 30 to 40 ping but there's always a few ****wits with 100 to 200 lagging it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

US players joining EU servers has been happening since the game was launched. almost every night I play there's always at least one bullet sponge that will wipe out 5 or 6 people with ease, all while shooting at him.

Friday gone, me and 3 lads went after someone who was running around locker like superman. We found him, cornered him and all 4 of us opened up full auto at close range, 3 using LMG's and one Assault rifle. All of us were getting hit markers, yet he stood there for a sec - presumably deciding who to shoot first - then killed all 4 of us and ran off with over 50% health. We were all firing for about 2 or 3 seconds before he started...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

5uspect wrote: »
    Eh no, there's nothing stopping tools from joining >100 servers other than good admins and auto kick. I always try to join servers with less than 30 to 40 ping but there's always a few ****wits with 100 to 200 lagging it up.

Punkbuster can be set up to kick players automatically with pings over a certain number.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Just got a PS4 at the weekend and would have bought BF4 immediately but I'm hesitant due to all the issues it has. Is it really as grim as it sounds on PS4? Played around 600 hours of BF3 so was looking forward to it but don't want to spend 50 quid plus premium on disconnecting games and ****ty servers.

Figured this would be the best place to ask rather than start a new thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Just got a PS4 at the weekend and would have bought BF4 immediately but I'm hesitant due to all the issues it has. Is it really as grim as it sounds on PS4? Played around 600 hours of BF3 so was looking forward to it but don't want to spend 50 quid plus premium on disconnecting games and ****ty servers.

If you can borrow the game at all, I'd try and do that first and see how you like it. Don't get me wrong, when its working, its incredible, but I'd be very slow to just tell someone to up and spend money on it.

on xbox one the player numbers have dropped significantly since launch, so the lifespan of the game might be an issue as well.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

If you can borrow the game at all, I'd try and do that first and see how you like it. Don't get me wrong, when its working, its incredible, but I'd be very slow to just tell someone to up and spend money on it.

on xbox one the player numbers have dropped significantly since launch, so the lifespan of the game might be an issue as well.

360 player numbers are the same as they always were, well, at least I can always find a busy server to play on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

The maps in Bf4 while some are really good, arent to the level that bf3 were. I miss siene crossing, noshahar canals a bit too much :( They made Metro not different enough though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

I tried again over the weekend to run an aggressive recon / shottie / flanker set up but my gawd! The hit detention in this game!!!
    It makes running shotties just so frustrating. There's simply no point running a pump action if you can't be guaranteed that once hit kill body shot within 10M.

The amount of times I'd plant one in someones chest within even 3M for them to just turn and burn me with an AR was a joke.

Shot to the fact with a 12 gauge round ...... "tis but a flesh wound good sir" ....WTF!

The hit detection isn't that bad when using a full auto at range seeing as you've a nice stream of fire to follow up with but seeing as you have to nearly always put two shells into someone when using a pump action just because of the hit detection the time to kill on them is massive Vs every other weapon type. Given the fact that you have to get up close in a game so focused on long / mid range it just makes it all risk with no reward.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

@10m, their torso won't occupy the entire aiming circle of the shotgun from hipfire; and the way the game works, you could cover all their torso at that range with the circle, but they might only get one or two pellet hits (the other pellets could group in the part of the circle their torso isn't covering...)

But @3m, I've seen people take 2-3 870 rounds to kill when they're HPBs alright :( You wind up having to change server a lot or stick to ones with low maximum ping limits.

• Advertisement

Completely ridiculous, shoddy design.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

BF3 despite all of it's issues, I got over 1K hours worth and loved it for the most part. I'd give it a 8 or 9 out of 10.

BF4 is more of a 7-8 out of 10 game I feel. It's good, but it's very different. In saying that, I've put in 70 hours in so far now, and it's only in the last 10 hours I'd say that I've been enjoying the game as I've only really got my aim dialed in after my hiatus from FPS gaming, and I am getting more used to 64 player CQ games after coming from previous gen console. Probably shows in my stats compared to BF3.

I've not disconnected more than a few times since buying it, but I've gotten the occasional error which sends me back to the dashboard. Premium I'd say is worth it, because the vanilla maps but for a few at most are garbage. China Rising maps are very good. The Naval Strike maps aren't far them. Second Assault is alright, though levolution ruins Gulf of Oman, but Caspian Border has improved, even if I'm not keen on that ridiculous border wall. I've always disliked Op Firestorm, so the less said, the better. Metro is errr.. Metro.

I just cant wait for Dragons Teeth. Hopefully it wont bring a whole new string of issues...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

The Red wrote: »
    I just cant wait for Dragons Teeth. Hopefully it wont bring a whole new string of issues...

Its supposed to be close quarters orientated which is sadly missing from BF4 atm. As for no new issues, we can but hope

Yep! Also, that video from Jack is interesting as last night I was on a pistols server, (not his) and I was firing at a bunched up group of guys on a roof across the way in Floodzone and I took down one guy really quick but was not getting any kills after that.. thought it was just me.. maybe it was...

Endless rubberbanding and disconnects tonight.

Endless rubberbanding and disconnects tonight.

You know the definition of insanity right ?? :P:P:P:P:P:P:P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

miju wrote: »
    You know the definition of insanity right ?? :P:P:P:P:P:P:P

Ill Help him out....

man, I miss that game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭Killinator

Is it me or does the AC130 do no damage on SA maps?

I've landed every kind of round on people's foreheads but get nothing!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

I'm having the opposite problem where it's near impossible to get anywhere while it's in the air cos it's dominating everything and no one ever bothers trying to destroy it.

I realise an AC-130 fires very large bullets and should be able to blow everything up with ease but when the vehicles do as little damage as in this game, it does seem a bit over powered. At least when people don't shoot it down.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Killinator wrote: »
    Is it me or does the AC130 do no damage on SA maps?

I've landed every kind of round on people's foreheads but get nothing!

Yup, I've been noticing too, but I thought it was just me so didn't over think it or bother mentioning it here.

Tbh, I think the AC130 on CR and SA maps are weak as hell.

edit: disregard that unhappy face, didn't purposely add it and can't remove it :D

Playing a lot of this lately, which is a compliment as I play alone.

I must have played about 5/6 hours straight yesterday, usually it was just in a rotation with FIFA/NBA.
    Now NBA has moved on and FIFA won't be played again and will probably join NBA in CEX.

A few things are bugging me though.

I play HC, and if you take the Artillery truck on Zazod somebody will switch team/get a friend/just be a dick and C4 me in the base.

The map just isn't safe enough to keep it outside the spawn and having it on your team means ye can cover over 50% of the caps easily, helping to win the round.
    I'm not reckless with it either, I generally just fire it at areas where I have no team mates and would say my TK's are low if any while using it.

Nearly any time I have it though, and especially on that map, somebody TK's and it's frustrating there's such a lack of punishment for doing so.

Snipers as well are a massive pain, I know if I played Normal it would take two shots to die and I can accept a long range sniper rifle kill but I've died countless times at short/medium to short range by sniper rifles when they shouldn't be able to scope you.

They should maybe look into making the sniper less run and gun, I'll struggle with my LMG in CQC against other classes so Snipers should be no exception.

HC could be so much better if they just added some of the features from Normal.

The mini map need not be taken away, surely it can just show me my team mates.
    Same for checking your ammo, also in relation to seeking ammo/repairs, the fact there's no map means you can't see if somebodies going to repair you or looking for ammo.
    I think it takes away from the team aspect a bit more and just over complicates things.

HC would be great if it was Normal mode minus the 3d spotting, 2d map spotting and increased damage.

Love the game, would be even better with some slight changes to HC. Same issues have been present since BC so chances of change are slim I guess.
    I guess my TK'ing issue could be moot as well on PC with server bans in place.

It works grand for me on Xbox1.

If I join a server with less than full bars(I suppose the 4/5 or whatever 1 down of full is works fine as well) then I'll have lag issues.

But on a good connection server I can't say I've picked up on anything that wasn't there in previous Battlefields.
    I'm not sure I'd even pick up on hit detection issues, I generally just put down my deaths in CQC to bad aiming though maybe viewing a recording would show different.
    At any rate, I'm not noticing any issues, maybe by and large they're on PS and PC :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,335 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

I love it when the opposition team is spamming the AC-130 and I'm in a jet or AA. Free kills all day long and they just keep spawning back into it :)

edit: disregard that unhappy face, didn't purposely add it and can't remove it :D

Playing a lot of this lately, which is a compliment as I play alone.

I must have played about 5/6 hours straight yesterday, usually it was just in a rotation with FIFA/NBA.
    Now NBA has moved on and FIFA won't be played again and will probably join NBA in CEX.

A few things are bugging me though.

I play HC, and if you take the Artillery truck on Zazod somebody will switch team/get a friend/just be a dick and C4 me in the base.

The map just isn't safe enough to keep it outside the spawn and having it on your team means ye can cover over 50% of the caps easily, helping to win the round.
    I'm not reckless with it either, I generally just fire it at areas where I have no team mates and would say my TK's are low if any while using it.

Nearly any time I have it though, and especially on that map, somebody TK's and it's frustrating there's such a lack of punishment for doing so.

Snipers as well are a massive pain, I know if I played Normal it would take two shots to die and I can accept a long range sniper rifle kill but I've died countless times at short/medium to short range by sniper rifles when they shouldn't be able to scope you.

They should maybe look into making the sniper less run and gun, I'll struggle with my LMG in CQC against other classes so Snipers should be no exception.

Same for checking your ammo, also in relation to seeking ammo/repairs, the fact there's no map means you can't see if somebodies going to repair you or looking for ammo.
    I think it takes away from the team aspect a bit more and just over complicates things.

HC would be great if it was Normal mode minus the 3d spotting, 2d map spotting and increased damage.

Love the game, would be even better with some slight changes to HC. Same issues have been present since BC so chances of change are slim I guess.
    I guess my TK'ing issue could be moot as well on PC with server bans in place.

It works grand for me on Xbox1.

If I join a server with less than full bars(I suppose the 4/5 or whatever 1 down of full is works fine as well) then I'll have lag issues.

But on a good connection server I can't say I've picked up on anything that wasn't there in previous Battlefields.
    I'm not sure I'd even pick up on hit detection issues, I generally just put down my deaths in CQC to bad aiming though maybe viewing a recording would show different.
    At any rate, I'm not noticing any issues, maybe by and large they're on PS and PC :confused:

So you're spamming the arty from spawn and are surprised people get pissed off?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Arty from an uncappable spawn can lead to kicks and/or bans on most decent servers. If you're unable to shoot it from a normal section of the map, maybe you are the problem?
    It's HC. It's not meant to easy.
    Go play easy softcore mode.
    Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... what?

So you're spamming the arty from spawn and are surprised people get pissed off?

What are you supposed to do with it?, sit out where you can be C4'd in a matter of seconds considering the shots lead a trail right towards you?.

Everyone brings it back to base, so no point pretending I do any different.
    I'd expect a TK if I'm getting my own players or making life hard for them, however people sending their friends over or switching teams is just sad.
    the_syco wrote: »
    Arty from an uncappable spawn can lead to kicks and/or bans on most decent servers. If you're unable to shoot it from a normal section of the map, maybe you are the problem?

Im playing on XB1, I'd happily play by server rules if on PC but on console anyone with a brain is going to bring it back to base.
    It's on the other team to get it by fair means(aircraft, C4 run).
    It's HC. It's not meant to easy.

When did I say easy?.
    Being able to see someone is repairing your tank, you're repairing, someone wants ammo/health are hardly making the game ''easier''.
    Chat across the whole team isn't available and the last time I checked in real combat, squads would be aware of each others positions or have the ability to ask for things.

The addition of a mini map showing your team only wouldn't make the mode any easier, it would improve team work as it does on Normal mode.
    Go play easy softcore mode.

:rolleyes:
    I don't want to, and I'm sure a lot of people who play HC mode feel the same especially if you don't have a squad you can latch to for repairs etc.
    Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... what?
    [/QUOTE]

What I said was fairly straightforward and I'm sure others understood.
    On the minimap there's 2d spotting.
    On the screen there's 3d spotting(triangle over the player after a spot)
    And there's increased damage in HC.

I can tell you're one of the smart-arse types on Boards, so I won't say any more.

Chat across the whole team isn't available and the last time I checked in real combat, squads would be aware of each others positions or have the ability to ask for things.
    In real combat, two "teams" don't start fighting each other from bases about a mile apart.

Battlefield is an FPS game, which essentially means it's a run and gun shooter. If you want realism, go play Arma or another simulator. Hardcore mode is really only there for people that have difficulty aiming. What you're suggesting is promoting camping, which is ideal for a simulation game, but only enrages team mates in an FPS, and is essentially the bones of HC mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

popcorn.jpg

In real combat, two "teams" don't start fighting each other from bases about a mile apart.

Battlefield is an FPS game, which essentially means it's a run and gun shooter. If you want realism, go play Arma or another simulator. Hardcore mode is really only there for people that have difficulty aiming. What you're suggesting is promoting camping, which is ideal for a simulation game, but only enrages team mates in an FPS, and is essentially the bones of HC mode.

You're getting far too technical there.

Also you're not really disagreeing with me either. :confused:
    I'd prefer a few more visual aids in HC to make playing with strangers more user friendly.
    I hate the 2d/3d spotting and kill cam position give away(I don't play as a sniper but if you're at a cap and they can respawn in time they know where you are) which is why I won't play Normal mode, but at least in normal if someone requests a ride etc you can see them on the minimap to wait.

What's promoting camping?, sorry I don't get that comment as what you replied to spoke specifically about the mini map and team work.

You're saying if ye could communicate team wide easier it would promote camping?. :confused:

P.S I know what Arma is, and I'd love to play it but I have a RSI in my right arm which means I can't play with a mouse anymore hence why Im back playing FPS on consoles again.

And anyway, that's a bit silly.... ''Don't like it?, spend E500+ on a gaming PC to play Arma''.... you shouldn't have to play another game because you don't like one or two aspects of a particular game, one that could be improved with some changes to the set up.

• Advertisement

It's on the other team to get it by fair means(aircraft, C4 run).

It is a cheap ass tactic thought and alot of people dont find it easy to get it in the spawn to kill it. even though it's ridiculously simple.

Personally favorite chopper / c4 or slams followed by a quick flame message to my victim :D:D:D:D:D:D

or the occasional even more fun method

Run up to the art truck while firing your gun, the driver gets out and you sit in the truck then while the counter goes 3,2,1 booooom killed in action :):)

Advertisement