Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 4 [aaaarrrghhh bitching and moaning]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

I'd prefer a few more visual aids in HC to make playing with strangers more user friendly.
    Actually, much as I think the rest of that was a very well-crafted troll, that point does make a lot of sense. If you don't have a bunch of mates on skype/teamspeak/intheroomwithyou, the lack of a minimap does make things a bit too random to be fun in HC.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

Apologies, I misread your post and thought you were playing on PC.
    What's promoting camping?, sorry I don't get that comment as what you replied to spoke specifically about the mini map and team work.
    My comment about "real combat" was the only part of my post replying to mini-map / team work. The rest of my post was addressing your post in general.

What you're basically looking for is half hardcore / half regular, which obviously isn't going to happen. Is it just the killcam you don't like? For me, if I'm capping a flag and I kill a guy before I neutralise the flag, I know he can spawn again. Then, I know where the areas he can spawn are (they are set, and there are only 2-3 per flag), so I know what general direction he can come from. It's all about map awareness, and it's not really that difficult.

Sparks wrote: »
    Actually, much as I think the rest of that was a very well-crafted troll, that point does make a lot of sense. If you don't have a bunch of mates on skype/teamspeak/intheroomwithyou, the lack of a minimap does make things a bit too random to be fun in HC.

How exactly do you think I was trolling?.

Sorry I've never once Trolled on here or other sites, I'm nearly 30 and find it a bit sad tbh.

I honestly don't see how my posts could be viewed that way, this thread is the bitching and moaning, and I stated the few things I had a peev with that needlessly make the game harder than it should be.

The Art truck comment was just a secondary thing, only point there was there's no penalty for TK'ing on console. I've had other instances where team mates have TK'd me for having the AA cause they wanted it. Again this falls under the same bracket, just wish there was some penalty.
    Apologies, I misread your post and thought you were playing on PC.

My comment about "real combat" was the only part of my post replying to mini-map / team work. The rest of my post was addressing your post in general.

What you're basically looking for is half hardcore / half regular, which obviously isn't going to happen. Is it just the killcam you don't like? For me, if I'm capping a flag and I kill a guy before I neutralise the flag, I know he can spawn again. Then, I know where the areas he can spawn are (they are set, and there are only 2-3 per flag), so I know what general direction he can come from. It's all about map awareness, and it's not really that difficult.

If I was playing on PC then I wouldn't have a problem with the Artillery Truck.
    As I'm sure like BF3 which I played on PC there are server rules which once applied to all I'd be happy to play by.

But on console there are no rules, so not taking it back to base means if the opposition get it, they'll be bringing it back to theirs.

So when that does happen, I'd just prefer it was blown up fairly.
    Like before when using the AA on that same map, some German lad(both had Cologne in their name and I killed his friend a fair few times) got his friend to join/switch team to kill me... I just find that kind of stuff annoying tbh since there's no comeback bar killing back.

Not just the kill cam, the two forms of visual spotting as well.

I don't want to die, because someone luckily spotted me and their team mate close by gets to see me on the mini map.

I just don't see any real merits for taking the mini map out compared to normal mode.

In normal I can see if someone's coming behind me asking for a lift, or if there's a Support guy with ammo near by.
    It takes the voice comms out of it, you can use the commands and they can see it on the mini map.
    They're more or less redundant in HC.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,408 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

You can still view the map in HC mode, it's just not on the screen all the time

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭The Red

Is it just me or do all the "youtubers" videos always show footage of them fighting absolutely useless players?

If so, where can I find these servers? :pac:

Seriously, before I hear "you're just rubbish", I know that.

But It seems that whenever I watch them the just run relatively recklessly around a map annihilating apparently clueless enemies.

Who would ye recommend watching for some real combat footage so I can stop getting shot from all angles in conquest?

Good man lads.

• Advertisement

The Red wrote: »
    Is it just me or do all the "youtubers" videos always show footage of them fighting absolutely useless players?

If so, where can I find these servers? :pac:

Seriously, before I hear "you're just rubbish", I know that.

But It seems that whenever I watch them the just run relatively recklessly around a map annihilating apparently clueless enemies.
    Not necessarily...everyone has good streaks every now and again. Obviously they're not going to put up footage of themselves getting annihilated, but it takes hours of gameplay to make those 10-15 minute videos.
    Who would ye recommend watching for some real combat footage so I can stop getting shot from all angles in conquest?
    I think for the majority of players the problem is simple map awareness. Here's a few points:
    • Don't run around corners where you think there could be enemies, without aiming down the sights at head height.
    • Constantly keep an eye on the minimap while playing.
    • Constantly spam Q (spot) when looking in the direction of enemies.
    • When shooting an enemies, reveal as little of your soldier as possible. Look for objects that are around the same height as you (generally called "head glitching").
    • Learn where enemies typically spawn at flags - there are only 2-3 possible spawn points at each flag.
    • If you're capping a flag and the ticker stops sounding, you know there are enemies within the cap radius. Check if any flags close to the one you're capping are being capped or have just been capped - you know enemies can come from this direction.
    • Tap fire your weapon! No player can possibly control recoil at any sort of range if you hold down the fire button.

Nice one, thanks MD. I like to think I try to do all of these things regularly... except the spawn points for enemies.. thats what I gotta learn..

This should help me greatly.

And I KNOW I have a desperate noob habit of engaging an enemy straight away instead of finding cover or waiting to check my surroundings

I panic a lot. :D

Ok sorry for deviating from the point of this thread.. carry on.

(-_-)

Yeah, but that's forty to ninety second streaks out of hours of gameplay.

Though when in a vehicle, some of them are actually quite good to be fair.

However, to be utterly fair, you have to remember that they're usually playing with teammates who have voice comms and are using them, and they have good machines with high framerates and no stuttering mid-combat and usually good ping times.

That doesn't make them invincible, but the comms thing alone makes them about ten times more effective in the game than random strangers who don't communicate and work individually.

That being said, I've killed xfactor and jackfrags and stodeh a few times now in random games and somehow it always winds up being at the point just a half-second after the edit cut (I'm still annoyed by the jackfrags one, it was very sneak-up-behind-him-with-a-shotgun-while-he's-sniping-at-my-team :) ).

And I KNOW I have a desperate noob habit of engaging an enemy straight away instead of finding cover or waiting to check my surroundings
    Yeah. Breathe deeply. You can't panic *and* breathe deeply for some reason. And when you're calmer, your reactions are faster and your game is better for it.

Nice thanks lads.

Have me met in game? Im Sirinava on Origin.

Might see ye there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,408 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Yeah. Breathe deeply. You can't panic *and* breathe deeply for some reason. And when you're calmer, your reactions are faster and your game is better for it.

So you're the fecker wheezing into the mic the whole game :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

[*]Don't run around corners where you think there could be enemies, without aiming down the sights at head height.

I'd probably change that to chest height, thats what I do anyways. Allows for kick in the gun when firing.

Akrasia wrote: »
    So you're the fecker wheezing into the mic the whole game :P
    Well it was cheaper than calling your ma :D

More bitchingly, I'm now convinced the latest patch had malice aforethought. BF4 now refuses to connect. Either it tells me UDP 3659 isn't open (it so is and yes my punkbuster has been updated, then removed and reinstalled and updated), or it tells me it can't contact bf4.exe and I have to shut it down by hand, or it just outright fails to connect but gives me no error message, and sometimes it just sits there on the "connecting" message for 20 minutes without an error message. And today (I'm on a day off) I think I'll get in a sneaky round while the toddler is mid-nap, and it takes 20 minutes and a dozen starts to get into a round, and then it kicks me out 5 minutes in with the UDP 3659 message again.

At this stage I want to find the man who wrote the frostbite engine's network stack, then steal all his clothes and drop him in the middle of ****ing Antarctica.

miju wrote: »
    I'd probably change that to chest height, thats what I do anyways. Allows for kick in the gun when firing.

Well, depending on the map, there could be enemies right around the corner, so recoil doesn't really come into it too much. But yeah, generally anywhere between chest and head is a good starting point.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

What are you supposed to do with it?, sit out where you can be C4'd in a matter of seconds considering the shots lead a trail right towards you?.

Everyone brings it back to base, so no point pretending I do any different.
    I'd expect a TK if I'm getting my own players or making life hard for them, however people sending their friends over or switching teams is just sad.

I usually bring it back to a safer flag, or off to the side of the map a bit, fire a volley and move my arse. Repeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

They should just nerf the Art and be done with it,anything at all like even slow the fire rate,make the vehicle speed lower,less damage,longer cool down on ammo pool etc

I dont mind the vehicle per say as i play with friends and can take it out with a bit of coordination but its so op at the moment people are mvp on severs and all they have done is sit in the arty,as long as there something to be exploited it will be exploited,as gilberto says,especially on console,if you dont do it someone else will!!

Also the above i mean for HC mode,its not a problem in NC imo

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

How the hell to you play this game with controller... I got bf4 on PS4 too for when I am lazy, but I just get minced like some sort of pork belly in each match.
    I can manage to kill someone now and then in close range, but forget anything when it comes to longer range. General feel that I can't even hit a broad side of a barn when using controller.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

How the hell to you play this game with controller... I got bf4 on PS4 too for when I am lazy, but I just get minced like some sort of pork belly in each match.
    I can manage to kill someone now and then in close range, but forget anything when it comes to longer range. General feel that I can't even hit a broad side of a barn when using controller.

Turn up the sensitivity. Playing 0% you're at an instant disadvantage because you can't turn fast enough. Myself and a few people I play with hover around the 35%-40% mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I Played COD4 on PC. I later got MW2 on the PS3 and played it to death. Sometime afterwards tried playing it online on my brothers PC with a mouse and KB & got slaughtered. Couldn't even move. Was just turning in circles getting shredded. It's all a matter of getting used to the different controls. I know the mouse/KB is a better way of controlling but I just can't do it any more.

Getting a sensitivity you like is a big part of it. Some people have it crazy high and some crazy low. It's all about what works for you and of course practice. Oh and make sure aim assist is turned on!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭paul_booth_fan

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Oh and make sure aim assist is turned on!

Please don't encourage aim assist :( I hate people using it and I personally don't think it should even be an option. It negates some of the suppression and recoil, and in the long run you'll get better, faster without it.
    Turn the sensitivity up until it gets uncomfortable and then dial it back a touch. Obviously the higher the sensitivity the quicker you can turn in close quarters but the more deft you have to be at range. Also worth noting that your ADS speed is different from sight to sight; a red dot will move quicker than the ACOG or other 4× scopes etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Don't know how people play with controllers either. Bought three on PS3 and I couldn't even kill an enemy on single player. Let alone multi.
    I went straight back to PC after that experiment.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Turn up the sensitivity. Playing 0% you're at an instant disadvantage because you can't turn fast enough. Myself and a few people I play with hover around the 35%-40% mark.

Pfft, 23%, sir. Why it's 23% exactly, who knows, but it works! :p

If you join a game with a minute to go, you shouldn't be awarded a win or a loss. Won all my games today pretty much, but there have been times where I've joined a new server with literally seconds remaining. Same crap in BF3 annoyed the heck out of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭paul_booth_fan

Nuri Sahin wrote: »

65% here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Nuri Sahin wrote: »

Still a Michael Jordan fan eh? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭hardweir

Any one here have issues with their connection going all over the place on different days or even in the same match.Playing on the xbox one and over 400 hrs in,consider myself decent enough at the game.I mostly play engineer and on some nights i will top the scoreboard nearly every match{conquest only}.
    The following night i might get one really good match and the rest will involve me breaking my arse to stay even kd wise.Sometimes i will have a great start to a match where i have gone maybe 14 and 3 and then half way through i cant shoot anyone and the round ends with 25 and 26.
    I have a decent line,fibre with good ping and dont have this issue with titanfall.A buddy that plays with me complains of the same thing happening him.
    Is it me,is it the game,is it my connection.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,491 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Seems to be Tits up today. Unleashing a full round of magnum at point blank range and nothing. Shooting at a guy who disappears and appears behind me. Graphics not displaying so I'm being shot at by something I can't see.

Another really annoying one is when you change kits. Takes a good 10 seconds to appear when you respawn meaning you end up dying as you can't defend yourself when you appear mid fight.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Gave it a go yesterday for a few rounds. Rubber banding does seem to be gone.

However I still seem to get absolutely nailed the second I engage anyone. A couple of bursts into someone's chest does feck all damage while they seem to be able to head shot me with impunity. <sigh/>
    I even got OHKed by the AA while sitting in the passenger seat of a scout halfway across Paracel.

It's probably due to all the rage induced quitting I've done with BF4, I rarely quit a game in BF3, and now I'm just ****e at the game. It's a ****ing shame, it's killed the franchise for me.

Is the Metro ceiling glitch new? Proper ****ing annoying.

• Advertisement

Nope, there a long time. Ridiculous.

Advertisement