Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 4 [aaaarrrghhh bitching and moaning]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Breizhoneg

it is fine on PC, but UPC is acting up

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

I'm sorry but did I miss the part where they are never fixing the single player. I put in a few hours yesterday and go to continue just now and there's no savefile? WTF

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

weiland79 wrote: »
    I'm sorry but did I miss the part where they are never fixing the single player. I put in a few hours yesterday and go to continue just now and there's no savefile? WTF

Can you even get the mission select as opposed to starting from the save point?

I know when some of my saves corrupted I could trick it into doing that...

There is a workaround with a USB key which involves copying the file over to USB, maybe look into that?

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭The Red

This is why I am not bothering to try to finish campaign. I tried once and lost it all. Not going to bother until its fixed.

Nope the only option is to start from the beginning again. I don't know how many times I've played through the opening section.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Nope the only option is to start from the beginning again. I don't know how many times I've played through the opening section.

what platform are you playing on?

Im tempted to play myself but I dont want to be losing progress

what platform are you playing on?

Im tempted to play myself but I dont want to be losing progress

Ps4

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

"Turn around bright eyes" God how I loathe that song!

As someone mentioned the USB save seems to work. I was saving it to Cloud but that only works sometimes 'cos I lost Cloud saves before.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

I remember freezing at the dam part of single the first time around and having to restart entirely again. It was on a loop of me dying falling down the dam, there was literally nothing I could do about it whatsoever.

Played it twice since and didn't have an issue again.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

There's a single player option?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Yeah, it's a showcase for all the bugs.

You unlock more guns for multiplayer. There's a reason to play it once or twice.

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    You unlock more guns for multiplayer. There's a reason to play it once or twice.

M249 - pretty good
    P90 - super good
    QBE ?? (AR) - meh

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

gimli2112 wrote: »
    M249 - pretty good
    P90 - super good
    QBE ?? (AR) - meh

You only have to endure the dumb choices in the horrible last mission to get them. You don't have to play thought the entire game three times.

5uspect wrote: »
    You only have to endure the dumb choices in the horrible last mission to get them. You don't have to play thought the entire game three times.

Ah yeah I know. TBH I quite liked the SP. The M249/P90 are actually very good I haven't really used the AR.
    M249 in somewhere like Locker is hilarious. Position yourself in a chokepoint. Hold down fire button. :)

M249 - pretty good
    P90 - super good
    QBE ?? (AR) - meh

REX pistol
    Shank
    Machete
    QBZ-95
    P90

.. and I think the G36C and AEK are unlocked too via single player.

The G36C being my number one used gun in BF3 and the P90 being in the top 5 I think were enough reason to play through it. AEK itself is excellent too in CQB.

Ah ok hadn't considered the knives and pistol. Haven't used the Rex because of the trigger delay thing. That said started using the Magnum recently and it is very fun to use.

AEK is one of my favourite ARs.
    Everytime I pick up the P90 I think "Why on earth did I stop using this?" There's a lot of really good weapons in game that you really aren't at that much disadvantage by using though.

I thought you unlocked the G36C and AEK in MP?

Had about 2 hours MP in BF3. No idea why I didn't get into it at the time cos really do enjoy this one.

Ah ok hadn't considered the knives and pistol. Haven't used the Rex because of the trigger delay thing. That said started using the Magnum recently and it is very fun to use.

AEK is one of my favourite ARs.
    Everytime I pick up the P90 I think "Why on earth did I stop using this?" There's a lot of really good weapons in game that you really aren't at that much disadvantage by using though.

I thought you unlocked the G36C and AEK in MP?

Had about 2 hours MP in BF3. No idea why I didn't get into it at the time cos really do enjoy this one.

Maybe you do. I just remember the screen pop up in single player saying you've unlocked the G36C and AEK like you do when you pick up the P90 for example.

P90 is criminally underused I've noticed in BF3 and BF4, at least in my experience. Very easy to go on long killstreaks with it, no matter the map.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Ah yeah I know. TBH I quite liked the SP. The M249/P90 are actually very good I haven't really used the AR.
    M249 in somewhere like Locker is hilarious. Position yourself in a chokepoint. Hold down fire button. :)
    AWS is quite good for that too, plus quicker reload.

I've walked up the locker room in metro with the finger on the trigger and mangled anything that happened to stick it's head out, it's great fun :)

Question, whats with the AK5C? Bullets from that are like getting hit by an LAV, same sound and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭allybhoy

Playing Obliteration last night, and some guy on our team kept getting the bomb and driving back to one of our points with it instead of the enemies, dont know if he was trolling or just a noob but it was very annoying. Wouldnt mind, but he managed to pick the bomb up several times and every time he did he went straight back to one of our flags. Rage inducing

• Advertisement

When I started Obliteration, didn't have a clue what I was doing. One of the first times I got the bomb I went up the lift in the big skyscraper in Shanghai and jumped off deep into enemy territory. Well that's what I intended, landed deep behind our own lines completly putting our team on the back foot.

Quit in shame.

Tazzimus wrote: »
    AWS is quite good for that too, plus quicker reload.

I've walked up the locker room in metro with the finger on the trigger and mangled anything that happened to stick it's head out, it's great fun :)

Question, whats with the AK5C? Bullets from that are like getting hit by an LAV, same sound and all.

It's the best carbine in the game, and arguably the best all round gun too. Much of competitive play is dominated by it much like the M16A3 and M4A1 were in Battlefield 3. You don't have to be good to use the gun as evidenced by the amount of players running it. AWS, MTAR and ACW-R aren't far behind it in Battlefield 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭eyeball kid

allybhoy wrote: »
    Playing Obliteration last night, and some guy on our team kept getting the bomb and driving back to one of our points with it instead of the enemies, dont know if he was trolling or just a noob but it was very annoying. Wouldnt mind, but he managed to pick the bomb up several times and every time he did he went straight back to one of our flags. Rage inducing

I did that once :o First time playing Obliteration, on Parcel Storm, grabbed the bomb and jumped onto the boat with about 3 others. As we were going past our base, I jumped off and ran towards the base thinking it was the enemies.
    I'm at the base trying to activate the bomb for ages, it does nothing. One of my team runs over to me, looking at me, eventually starts shooting at me. I realised my mistake then. Too late, enemy chopper duly arrives and blows us to pieces.
    Also quite in shame :o

• Registered Users Posts: 40 LimeTimee

I just for a ps4 and I'm wondering whether it is worth it to buy premium at this stage in the games life cycle. I have 85 hours into the game on ps3 without premium. Just wondering whether it is worth the €35 (usa Psn).

Also I'm no1 skill in ireland at 600+ skill and no1 score per minute in ireland, check the leader boards. Doublelime is my psn name.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

LimeTimee wrote: »
    I just for a ps4 and I'm wondering whether it is worth it to buy premium at this stage in the games life cycle. I have 85 hours into the game on ps3 without premium. Just wondering whether it is worth the €35 (usa Psn).

Also I'm no1 skill in ireland at 600+ skill and no1 score per minute in ireland, check the leader boards. Doublelime is my psn name.

I think so, I doubt we will see a price drop until the last map pack at least....

LimeTimee wrote: »

With that SPM they should be giving it to you for free :)
    If you are going to play enough of it I'd get Premium. Naval Strike Maps are pretty cool , Some of the DLC weapons/Gadgets are very good and you'll spend 10 minutes opening up all those shiny new battlepacks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

The boredom is setting in for me in BF4... not sure why, just couldnt be bothered anymore.

Hopefully this will pass as I dont play anything else.

Also I use all weapons so that isnt a suggestion worth making... maybe if the server rotation wasnt set in stone (PS4) it would have some flexibility/unpredictability?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

mozattack wrote: »
    The boredom is setting in for me in BF4... not sure why, just couldnt be bothered anymore.
    Same here. Just too many times getting killed by bugs in the game rather than being daft. Started playing a lot more Arma 3 and Battle Royale instead. Might go back occasionally, especially if that CTE stuff gets rolled into the game, but other than that...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

I've gone from playing every day of the week to Friday, and even then it might not be every Friday.

The bugs are a big buzz killer for me, you can't enjoy it most of the time because of how game breaking some of them are

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭The Red

A lot of you guys are playing Arma 3 right? hmmm. I might give that a go soon.. Looks like it could be good.

Advertisement