Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MEN OF KILKENNY - KILKENNY MUSICAL SOCIETY NEEDS YOU!!!!

Options
  • 11-11-2013 1:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

Hi everyone!

As the thread title says, Kilkenny Musical Society needs men!

Rehearsals kick off tomorrow night, Monday November 11th, for our 2013 production 'Michael Collins - A Musical Drama'. Written by musical theatre director Bryan Flynn from Waterford, this show covers a topic which is close to the hearts of many people, and promises to be a fantastic production. But we need your help - we need a strong male chorus!

This is not your typical musical, for those who have preconceived ideas of what a musical is! It is a musical DRAMA - there is no dancing involved. But an ability to sing in tune is essential! No previous stage experience required.

The music will be unknown to most, but don't let that put you off. We will all be starting from scratch tomorrow night, and we aim to have 4-5 rehearsals prior to Christmas before hitting the ground running in January. The show will be on in the Watergate Theatre from April 6th - 12th, 2013.

So men, why should you get involved? Aside from the interesting subject matter, and wonderful experience to be gained from being involved in a show, Kilkenny Musical Society are known for their partying! A very sociable society, it's a great place to branch out into something different, and make many new friends along the way. We have loads of fundraising and social events each year, and you may well need to detox when the show is over! I can't express enough how much craic the society is - you'll just have to join to find out! I joined six years ago, knowing nobody involved, and it was the best thing I ever did.

Come along to our first rehearsal tomorrow night at 8pm in St. Kieran's College (theatre) on College Road. Hopefully we can convince you to stay!

Anyone interested in finding out a bit more about the show itself should look it up on youtube - there is a clip there from another production that will give you an idea of what it will be like. Anyone with a passion for Irish history should definitely get involved.

Any questions, please respond here or PM me and I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

We have enough ladies for the chorus at the moment - we need men only at this point! (Take note men, lots of ladies............:D)

Thanks y'all!

Helen
    (Secretary)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

(Take note men, lots of ladies............:D)
    Pics or GTFO!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭KKMusicalSoc

Anyone interested (in a non creepy way..........ahem! catbear.....) can look up Kilkenny Musical Society on youtube. There are some clips there from previous productions. The ones from 'The Hired Man' would probably be the best to look at in terms of our show for 2014 - no dancing in that show either!

First rehearsal last night was great, music in this show is fab!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

To make it easier on any potential cast members here are the links to the Hired Man videos that have the male chorus at the forefront.

The Hiring Fair
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-2K6lgPx7w

War Song
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoCcjuJwwK8

Fill it to the top
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhE98eEJBFI

This is a great society to work with and I would highly recommend getting involved.

Anyone interested (in a non creepy way..........ahem! catbear.....)

Telling men to take note of a female abundance is kinda creepy in it's own way don't you think?

comment was in jest catbear! Thanks for links Morrigan!

• Advertisement

comment was in jest catbear! Thanks for links Morrigan!
    So you don't really want men then?

We do need men, hence the thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Go on Catbear. Stop waiting in the wings.

Nah, getting too many mixed signals. Besides without pics how do we really know they're ladies?
    image.jpg

Advertisement