Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank Charges me €4

Options
  • 11-11-2013 9:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭

Ulster Bank Charges me €4

They charge me €4 twice (last month and this month) I thought they wont charge me if i have over €3,000 in the account which i already have.. I am going to close that account today. Fuming Ulster bank customer.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,470 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

AFAIK you need to maintain a balance for the whole month of over 3000 or 3000 have been deposited in your account during the duration of the month.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭chainsawman

Ush1 wrote: »
    AFAIK you need to maintain a balance for the whole month of over 3000 or 3000 have been deposited in your account during the duration of the month.

Is that right ??? A disgrace, I did not know that full picture. I always have €3,000 there but did transfer some to different account. Then go to €3000 again. Always had €3000 there every month.. ?? I have statement to prove it ...You mean 3,000 must be in the whole month ?? Or deposited €3,000 within a month ? I never knew that... Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭Scortho

Is that right ??? A disgrace, I did not know that full picture. I always have €3,000 there but did transfer some to different account. Then go to €3000 again. Always had €3000 there every month.. ?? I have statement to prove it ...You mean 3,000 must be in the whole month ?? Or deposited €3,000 within a month ? I never knew that... Thanks.

It'd be in the terms and conditions that you signed up to? How is it a disgrace?
    It's maintain a balance of 3k it lodge at least 3k.
    Maintain a balance of 3 k tells me that the account can't fall below 3k.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭tink2

You should have got a leaflet in the post which explained the charges during the summer. I think AIB & BOI are also imposing similar charges if not a bit higher so unless you go to PTSB you have little choice to switch.

tink2 wrote: »
    You should have got a leaflet in the post which explained the charges during the summer. I think AIB & BOI are also imposing similar charges if not a bit higher so unless you go to PTSB you have little choice to switch.

I did got the leaflets last april .. I really thought , all you have to do is to make sure 3,000 is there every month... That what i did. I must have misread it wrong. They should have explained a clearer picture for those who cant read properly like me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭Scortho

I did got the leaflets last april .. I really thought , all you have to do is to make sure 3,000 is there every month... That what i did. I must have misread it wrong. They should have explained a clearer picture for those who cant read properly like me.

Then why did you sign the contract if you didn't understand it? When you sign up, you have to agree to all of their terms and conditions that are there in front of you. If your not sure on all of them, then you clarify it with a staff member.
    The same applies to any contract.
    You can't weasel your way out of a contractual obligation if you fail to read the contract properly or misread something.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

They should have explained a clearer picture for those who cant read properly like me.

The leaflets were pretty clear.

You misunderstood, and now you know better. Such is life sometimes.

BuffyBot wrote: »
    The leaflets were pretty clear.

You misunderstood, and now you know better. Such is life sometimes.

Yeah I suppose so.. It is only €8 i have lost. Lesson Learned.

Scortho wrote: »
    Then why did you sign the contract if you didn't understand it? When you sign up, you have to agree to all of their terms and conditions that are there in front of you. If your not sure on all of them, then you clarify it with a staff member.
    The same applies to any contract.
    You can't weasel your way out of a contractual obligation if you fail to read the contract properly or misread something.

I did not sign the contract this year.. Was there for couple of years.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I did not sign the contract this year.. Was there for couple of years.

By keeping your account open; you agreed to UB's new terms and conditions (again, as per the leaflets sent out)

Mystery solved so closing thread

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement