Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SEO Irish Business Directories

Options
  • 11-11-2013 11:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

Which are the important local business directories in Ireland? I'm sure G+, Yelp and Foursquare are important, but are there any local business directories that are considered important in Ireland other than the Golden pages?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 mark8511

you can find the following useful:

Mediastreet
    www.bigdirectory.ie
    www.handyinfo.ie

Better will be if you search business directories in your area and add your business profile and links there, It will not help in SEO but also in getting visitors to website.

Create a good content related to niche and then try to distribute it to websites related to your niche and through social media, great content is key to SEO success these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 jamesobrienDCU

This is not strictly true.

Good content is important for SEO but backlinks are also important and Google still does take them into consideration when ranking your web pages.

In most instances, you have to ask for backlinks.

With online directories, you don't have to ask.

Get on to as many free listings as you can and pay particular attention to those that give your the option of adding your website address.

Every time someone clicks on these links (back to your website) the Google page authority inreases for that page

If you're interested in Local SEO for Irerland, read my recent blog post on this subject

Top 10 “Local SEO” tips for Small Businesses in Ireland
    <snip> No promotion of your own website/blog allowed.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 mark8511

mark8511 wrote: »
    you can find the following useful:

Mediastreet
    www.bigdirectory.ie
    www.handyinfo.ie

Better will be if you search business directories in your area and add your business profile and links there, It will not help in SEO but also in getting visitors to website.

Create a good content related to niche and then try to distribute it to websites related to your niche and through social media, great content is key to SEO success these days.

and one latest in market localbizz.org

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭akagaby

One for Irish B2B: buildyourbusiness.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 18,567 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

I've read articles that some directories are bad for your SEO.
    How do I tell which ones I should list with and which ones I shouldn't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭rankingelite

Business directories do damn all when it comes to ranking websites, in the algorithm updates over the past 2 or 3 years directories have become less important in terms of link equity..

A good directory must have a thorough review process before a site can get listed. e.g. Dmoz.org

If a web directory guarantees that any site can get listed, the chances are it’s not worth your time or money.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 mcastro

Hi buddy. If your business is focused on the Beauty niche (Hairdressers, nail salons, gyms, barbers and so on), I would consider using the site beautycare.ie

Advertisement