Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[Dublin] city centre puncture repair

• 11-11-2013 11:17am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭

Got a puncture on the way in this morning, any suggestion on getting it fixed?

The last people that I used was the bike tyre company but they seem to have gone out of business.

I could probably get one of the temporary sealant kits bit would prefer a real fix

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭jackhammer

If it's Dublin city centre, Megabikes on Wexford St. fixed a puncture for me a while back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭fenris

Thanks, I will give them a shout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

What is done if the rider has temporary repaired a puncture with a can of sealant? Do they clean it out/does it cost more to repair?
    and how much is it generally to repair a puncture?
    How effective are those cans of stuff? I've carried a can of repair stuff around not knowing how effective it might be?

I've thought of keeping a few numbers to hand in case of something like that happening, but never did, I suppose some kind of mobile repair would be handy, but its probably dearer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭bluefinger

cerastes wrote: »
    What is done if the rider has temporary repaired a puncture with a can of sealant? Do they clean it out/does it cost more to repair?
    and how much is it generally to repair a puncture?
    How effective are those cans of stuff? I've carried a can of repair stuff around not knowing how effective it might be?

I've thought of keeping a few numbers to hand in case of something like that happening, but never did, I suppose some kind of mobile repair would be handy, but its probably dearer?

would like to know this too as i asked someone in halfords what I'd do after using it and they said it would mean a new tyre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

bluefinger wrote: »
    would like to know this too as i asked someone in halfords what I'd do after using it and they said it would mean a new tyre.

Id expect it could be cleaned out? but wanted to confirm, I wouldnt rely on halfords opinion but I admit I dont know myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,391 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

For future reference, I've used both Delaney's on Harold's Cross Bridge, and Paddy's Pitstop (Ossory Rd where the Bike Tyre Co used to be.)

Scrap the cap!

Advertisement