Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do you intend to keep your new PS4 cooled?

Options
  • 11-11-2013 12:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

As per the title, how do you intend to keep your new love cooled and save yourself from the hassle of any potential overheating issues? Personally, i'm going to try and keep it in the most ventilated area and put one of those laptop table fans under it, just to have extra circulation happening.

Anyone with any good ideas that they're using on there current PS3 system?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,748 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Never had a problem with my PS3 and I don't see it as an issue for the PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

hallo dare wrote: »
    how do you intend to keep your new love cooled and save yourself from the hassle of any potential overheating issues?

TBH I'm not too worried. Firstly, the PS4 design seems to be really well thought out. The chip they are using is specifically designed to run cooler. They have also shown the internals and the heat sink, pipes and fan all look to be well positioned.

In my case, I will be placing my PS4 where my PS3 is currently, which is in an open shelf underneath the TV. It will have plenty of space around it so it should be fine.

It shouldn't need to be said but just in case...

DO NOT PUT YOUR PS4 INTO A SPACE WITH A CLOSED DOOR TO IT!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

I never had a problem with my PS3.
    I did make sure to hoover the vents every 6 months or so. Will do the same with the PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Dave1711

Never cleaned or opened my Ps3 got it at launch still working fine..i can only imagine what the inside is like :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Employ a man to blow softy on it. Simple.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

Just follow the instructions and keep it well ventilated. It works out of the box without any active cooling. If it snuffs it then that's what warranty is for.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

I don't know about keeping the PS4 cool, but if it's like the PS3 I can use it to keep me warm.

I've got it exhaust vents toward me on my desk, I've never had the slim fail but it's puts out a nice bit of heat.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Nagin

Moneymaker wrote: »

Sexist

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

• Registered Users Posts: 9,763 ✭✭✭lertsnim

hallo dare wrote: »
    Hi folks,

As per the title, how do you intend to keep your new love cooled and save yourself from the hassle of any potential overheating issues? Personally, i'm going to try and keep it in the most ventilated area and put one of those laptop table fans under it, just to have extra circulation happening.

Anyone with any good ideas that they're using on there current PS3 system?

My PS3 sits beside the tv with no added fans. Only thing I ever did was to make sure it was in the open and not covered by anything. It is one of the original 60gig versions too so very pleased that it's still running as new (get's a bit loud from time to time. But thats to be expected)

My PS4 will be getting the same treatment.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭camel jockey

Moneymaker wrote: »

If I had the money for that, it wouldn't be a man I'd employ. And she probably wouldn't be paid to blow softly on my games console.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

unless you are keeping it in a sleeping bag in the hotpress there is no need for additional cooling, just use common sense and put it in an open space.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

common sense didn't work so well for the fat ps3's, don't wana take any chances with the first batch of ps4's

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

My phat PS3 keeps my room warm during winter. I'm not worried about keeping my new PS4 cool at all it does not even run as hot as a PS3 slim according to tests so far.

Don't know what people do be doing with their consoles to make them overheat in this country unless you got a dodgy one. You only need additional cooling if you live in a hot country during the summer and you have no air con.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 ConorT38

Probably keep it next to my fan, or possibly close to the window. Is there many internal fans or cooling systems in the PS4?

No idea, i just don't want it calving like the original PS3 and Sony to make more money from us in 12 months+ time

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

ConorT38 wrote: »
    . Is there many internal fans or cooling systems in the PS4?

Just one fan, a large heat sink and two heating pipes to draw heat to the heat sink. It runs cooler and draws less power than the PS3 so it doesn't need lots of cooling at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭ViP3r

CombatCow wrote: »
    unless you are keeping it in a sleeping bag in the hotpress there is no need for additional cooling, just use common sense and put it in an open space.

Thats no way to treat the man blowing on you PS!

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭DUBLINHITMAN

Ill keep mine cold by putting the xbox in the other room

Hmmmmmm, seems like my overheating concerns aren't wrong after all with all this overheating crap hitting the net over the last few days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭uprooted tradition

I think I will just let the internal working do the job they are paid to do. Of course, it being electrical equipment, I wont do anything stupid like put it in a closed cupboard or lying around on a carpet or anything like that. This isn't traditionally a problem with playstation so I find it amusing that people are so quick to believe it is something they all of a sudden have trouble with.

Advertisement