Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Insurance - good deals?

Options
  • 11-11-2013 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,760 ✭✭✭✭

Any recommendations on who to go with for Home Insurance at the moment?

Chill.ie any good for comparing, or will I end up paying more than going directly?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Cant speak for home insurance, but when it comes to car insurance the likes of Chill are worth a look, but go direct to the insurer also, because Ive had a few occasions where the insurer has given me a better quote directly than Chill gave me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭witchgirl26

Have my content insurance with FBD and have to say the quote was very competitive for what it covered. Was previously with Allianz & they were also pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭kkelliher

Home insurance premiums should be viewed in terms of the overall package and not just the premium. It may be cheaper to go with insurer X but they have an excess twice that of Y and if you do have to claim it may well be cheaper to have gone with Y all along so have a look at the detail behind the premium before you purchase

• Registered Users Posts: 13,760 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Checked out Chill, FBD, Allianz, RSA and FBD seemed to have the best quote there. Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Try 123.ie. they are RSA and are very competitive

• Advertisement

sorry yeah 123.ie is what I meant when I said RSA... cheers though

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

hfallada wrote: »
    Try 123.ie. they are RSA and are very competitive
    Not for me. €80 per annum dearer than One Direct (An Post) 123.ie once again wanted to sell me "their product" rather than matching my requirements. in other words over-selling. I renewed with OneDirect on 1 Nov 2013 - no one could match them.

Giver them a whirl and get the free use of a few Prize Bonds for a year as well as good premiums.

mathepac wrote: »
    Giver them a whirl and get the free use of a few Prize Bonds for a year as well as good premiums.

Yowch, most expensive yet :/

OK I'm done filling in forms for the day, glad I gave a fake phone number each time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭begod

AA

http://www.theaa.ie/AA/Insurance/Home-Insurance.aspx?gclid=CKfvt_2Z3boCFeI82wodKiEA6g

Cheap for car and home + discounted breakdown cover.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

mrcheez wrote: »
    Yowch, most expensive yet :/ ...
    But you need to talk to them to get the full range of available discounts.

"Do you have An Post savings account?"

"Are you a member of a Credit Union?"

et.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭lauradryeye

I did a lot of research for home insurance recently and got the best deal with getcover.ie, worth a look.

Seems FBD have this 10% off online deal at the moment hence why they came up cheapest (no I don't work for them, just mentioning it).

Any idea if they cover stolen bicycles? Are they generally decent to use?

Advertisement