Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creamy Sauce like the Knorr Pasta Carbonara

Options
  • 11-11-2013 2:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭

For anyone who is familiar with the Knorr Pasta Carbonara is there any recipes for making a sauce similar to that? Or is there a sauce like it I can buy? I think Knorr sells packets of Carbonara sauce but I tried that before and it was quite different. Any help is appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Well, you could make carbonara? Packet sauces will just have more salt and msg than normal, so you can lob these in at the end if you want?

-Cook some bacon bits down until they get crispy... slosh in a of white wine.

-Put in your chopped garlic, and cooked pasta.

-Stir in your egg until it looks creamy. Add grated parmsan and pepper.

-Add your salt and aromat or some other msg containing seasoning...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Brendan Flowers

But the sauce in the Knorr Pasta Carbonara doesnt really taste like actual Corbonara! And its a sauce like the Knorr Pasta Carbonara that I need. So Im hoping someone might have a recipe or something to help me!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

Maybe make a white sauce and then season it with the same types of flavouring listed on the Knorr ingredients?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭Loire

Melendez wrote: »

http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=252157123

Pasta (69%) (Durum Wheat, Dried Egg White),Vegetable Oils & Fats ,Modified Maize Starch ,Cheese Powders (3%) ,Dehydrated Bacon (3%) (Pork, Meat, Salt) ,Salt ,Dehydrated Vegetables in variable proportions (Mushrooms, Broccoli, Red Peppers) ,Lactose ,Flavour Enhancers (Monosodium Glutamate, Disodium Inosinate, Disodium Guanylate) ,Milk Proteins ,Whey Powder ,Flavourings ,Emulsifying Salt (Sodium Phosphate) ,Maltodextrin ,Herbs ,Garlic Powder ,Spices ,Yeast Extract

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

Maybe OP wants to use his/her own pasta or perhaps serve for more than one?

Advertisement