Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Certified Kitchen

Options
  • 11-11-2013 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

I've recently been approached to do a stand at a Christmas Market, selling baked goods which i recently just made for family and friends.

The house i am living in currently is rented which i can't get certified for selling to the public.

I know someone who owns a guesthouse kitchen, therefor has a certified kitchen and was wondering how i go about using their kitchen for making my product.

Do i have to get their kitchen inspected again or do i just say im baking my products at their address so i can sell my items.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Call your local EHO, they should be able to give you a fairly definitive answer:

I am thinking of opening a new food business – What should I do?

If you are considering opening a new food business and have identified the premises you wish to use for your business it is recommended that you then contact your local Environmental Health Officer (EHO) for advice.

http://www.hse.ie/eng/services/list/1/environ/adviceforopeningnewfoodbusiness.html

Advertisement