Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Service Access codes for eircom phone watch alarm

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Hi lamnot
    I sent you a message re the engineer code. Try those options and let me know how you get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,685 ✭✭✭✭altor

Lamnot wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Just moved into our new house and we've a Eirecom PW system installed (un-monitored) - the individual we bought it off hasn't provided the current user code. Any suggestions as to how to reset this, or do we need to get an engineer out to assist? I believe it's a "Simon" panel.

Thanks a million!
    Stuart

Sorry Stuart, never noticed your question.
    Hi Altor - any suggestions regarding my query above, or would I be best to get an engineer out? Cheers!

If you drop the front lid on the system can you try enter 54321.
    It will say please select from start menu if accepted.

If it accepts this code simply press, add, access code (press this button till you hear master code) then press done. Enter the new code and press done again. Close up lid and test.

Any problems let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Lamnot

Thanks guys - will let you know how I get on.

So, managed to set the damn thing off - 30 mins of noise before it reset :(

Little chance of getting the customer number (previous owner hadn't used the unit in years and apparently can't remember the code).

Is it possible to change the alarm panel and reuse the motion / window sensors already installed?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Is it possible to change the alarm panel and reuse the motion / window sensors already installed?

Yes, GE panels will work with those sensors.

• Advertisement

Thanks again KoolKid - I'll look into it - I don't suppose you'd be able to recommend anyone in the Dublin area who would be able to replace the panel (and the approx cost You would expect for such a job)?

Take a look at the sticky or the PSA register of licenced installers.
    If anyone wants to send recommendations please only do so by PM.

So, managed to set the damn thing off - 30 mins of noise before it reset :(

Little chance of getting the customer number (previous owner hadn't used the unit in years and apparently can't remember the code).

If you look in the manual off the system you have installed it will tell you how to default the system. It is a lot cheaper than replacing the control panel to get the same functions as an alarm system :)

That would be the preferable route :)

However I've downloaded and looked through the document and am none the wiser as to how to reset back to default settings :(

That would be the preferable route :)

However I've downloaded and looked through the document and am none the wiser as to how to reset back to default settings :(

Its in the engineer manual, the user manual wont tell you anything other than user commands that can be performed on the panel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 bazza14

Hi All,

I have a Phonewatch (Simon V3) monitored alarm and the contract is up. I was hoping to set it up for self monitoring/contacting my mobile instead of PW.

Would someone be able to help with sending/pointing me towards the engineer code and manual so that I can do this?

Thanks in advance,

Bazza

bazza14 wrote: »
    Hi All,

I have a Phonewatch (Simon V3) monitored alarm and the contract is up. I was hoping to set it up for self monitoring/contacting my mobile instead of PW.

Would someone be able to help with sending/pointing me towards the engineer code and manual so that I can do this?

Thanks in advance,

Bazza

Sent you a P.M.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 dmcccague

Hi all I am new here!, just wondering can anyone help me with the above same problem, have an eircom alarm with a low battery but don't have the codes to turn this off! not sure of the make of the alarm there is no name on the front or to the side, if anyone can help this would be great, cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Kenny Powers

Hi lads, a mate is having some issues with his system I will post in a separate thread, any chance you could pm me codes and manual?

Much appreciated

Hi lads, a mate is having some issues with his system I will post in a separate thread, any chance you could pm me codes and manual?

Much appreciated

Sent you a P.M. re the code.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭kop-end

Hi Guys,

I have an Phonewatch Simon XT system the last few years, (Monitored) In the last week the alarm has gone off twice, (at about 3amn the morning no less !!) Can someone please advise how to check what part of the alarm went off, i.e. contact etc and if there is a batter problem or if it was a genuine alarm ??

Thanks All

kop-end wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

I have an Phonewatch Simon XT system the last few years, (Monitored) In the last week the alarm has gone off twice, (at about 3amn the morning no less !!) Can someone please advise how to check what part of the alarm went off, i.e. contact etc and if there is a batter problem or if it was a genuine alarm ??

Thanks All

The system should indicate the reason for the alarm when you disarm it.
    If you press the i button this is your status button. Does this list the event?
    If the system is monitored the P.W. should also be able to tell you what tripped the alarm.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Mintdrop

Hi
    My Phonewatch system periodically starts beeping every 30 seconds (usually at some ungodly hour). When I press buttons, the message is that the battery is low.

I don't use the Phonewatch service, as I can't afford it. I contacted Eircom about it and they wanted €110 call out and the price of the battery on top of that.

I'd like to sort the problem myself but when I take the panel down it asks for a master access code. I have no idea what this is.

The alarm is a 60-911 Simon 3 series. I've seen that you have sent the code and installation manual by PM. Could you send them to me ?

If possible I could also use some help on what battery to get for it but I can probably figure that out if I can get to the old one.

Thanks in advance
    Mintdrop

Mintdrop wrote: »
    Hi
    My Phonewatch system periodically starts beeping every 30 seconds (usually at some ungodly hour). When I press buttons, the message is that the battery is low.

I don't use the Phonewatch service, as I can't afford it. I contacted Eircom about it and they wanted €110 call out and the price of the battery on top of that.

I'd like to sort the problem myself but when I take the panel down it asks for a master access code. I have no idea what this is.

The alarm is a 60-911 Simon 3 series. I've seen that you have sent the code and installation manual by PM. Could you send them to me ?

If possible I could also use some help on what battery to get for it but I can probably figure that out if I can get to the old one.

Thanks in advance
    Mintdrop

Sent you a P.M. re the code.
    You should not need the engineer code to change the battery.
    If you drop the front lid and enter your user code that should be enough.
    The battery you need is a BS110N or a FIAMM FG10381. Both work with your system. Battery is available is R.E.W. Here is a link to the suppliers sticky.

Hi, I dont even have a user code
    Regards

• Advertisement

And thanks for the battery info.
    Regards

Hi, I dont even have a user code
    Regards
    And thanks for the battery info.
    Regards

No problem. You would be looking at a full default and reprogram of the system if that is the case. Can you drop the lid and see if 54321 lets you in. It will say, please select from start menu if it does.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 ddolan21

Hi, similar to a few people already I have cancelled my eircom phonewatch subscription and want the alarm to contact my mobile instead of eircom when the alarm goes off. Could someone please tell me how this is done and what codes I will need to do it? My box is a Simon XT box.

ddolan21 wrote: »
    Hi, similar to a few people already I have cancelled my eircom phonewatch subscription and want the alarm to contact my mobile instead of eircom when the alarm goes off. Could someone please tell me how this is done and what codes I will need to do it? My box is a Simon XT box.

Very easy to set up once you have the engineer code.

I have sent you a P.M. re this.
    You need to delete the numbers the system contacts P.W. on, then enter the numbers you want to be contacted on. You need to change the protocol it dials out on to voice for this to work also.

Sent you the manual too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭vicadd

Hi Folks - I have an old Phonewatch Alarm which needs a battery replacement on one of the sensors. Would someone have a manual that explains how to do this? I can get into Program mode which seems to give me option to activate/remove/add sensor, so guessing I could Remove and then Add back after replacing battery - not sure if I need an engineer code as well. No Alarm model numbers on panel, so see attached pic.
    Also wondering if a wireless lan or GSM function could be added to this alarm?
    No longer connected to a phone line.
    Thanks.

vicadd wrote: »
    Hi Folks - I have an old Phonewatch Alarm which needs a battery replacement on one of the sensors. Would someone have a manual that explains how to do this? I can get into Program mode which seems to give me option to activate/remove/add sensor, so guessing I could Remove and then Add back after replacing battery - not sure if I need an engineer code as well. No Alarm model numbers on panel, so see attached pic.
    Also wondering if a wireless lan or GSM function could be added to this alarm?
    No longer connected to a phone line.
    Thanks.

There is no pacific GSM for this system. If you have got an external bell onto this system then you could use one of these GSMs triggered by the Bell output. It is a very old system that is obsolete now so I would not be investing to much on it. Parts can no longer be got.

You should not need to delete the sensor to change the battery.
    If you post a picture of the sensor I will tell you how to change and what battery you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 viswa

Hi,

I have a Eircom alarm (60-911 Simon 3 series) and it beeps every few hours and when I press the status button it says "system battery low". Its been installed late 2007 and i seem to have lost all related documents. Is possible to send me the user manual and engineers code.

Thanks,
    Vis

viswa wrote: »
    Hi,

I have a Eircom alarm (60-911 Simon 3 series) and it beeps every few hours and when I press the status button it says "system battery low". Its been installed late 2007 and i seem to have lost all related documents. Is possible to send me the user manual and engineers code.

Thanks,
    Vis

Here is a link to the user manual.
    All you need to change the battery is your user code.
    The battery can be got in REW on the suppliers list here.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 viswa

Brilliant. Thanks a lot Altor.
    As its been a while those sensors were installed I was thinking they might need a battery replacement soon as well, thats why I was looking for the engineer's code.

Also, could you please give me some instructions on how to open the box and look at the battery that needs to be replaced.
    Thanks Again,
    Vis

• Advertisement

viswa wrote: »
    Brilliant. Thanks a lot Altor.
    As its been a while those sensors were installed I was thinking they might need a battery replacement soon as well, thats why I was looking for the engineer's code.

Also, could you please give me some instructions on how to open the box and look at the battery that needs to be replaced.
    Thanks Again,
    Vis

The batteries are located in the sensors themselves. The system should indicate a tamper condition and go into alarm when you open the cover, simply entering your code on the keypad will turn off the alarm and just press reset and code when finished.
    On the top of them you should see a lip that is pushed in to release the cover. These sensors take two LS 14250 batteries.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement