Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does anyone recognise this cat?

Options
  • 11-11-2013 2:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

She's been wandering into the house for a few days now, very friendly and sweet, seems to just be looking for somewhere to sleep for a while. My son seems to think she belongs to the family over the road (he played with their kids for a few months so knows them well enough), but they moved away a few weeks back and if she is theirs, then she's been abandoned. I have no way of contacting that family though.

But there's a chance she's not theirs so I'm posting her here in case anyone recognises her. I'm in Grantstown Park on the Dunmore Road.

We would absolutely LOVE to keep her, and she seems to have decided to adopt us, but we've got a dog who unfortunately goes into full-on attack mode at the sight of any cat. It's fine to keep them separated for an hour or so while she comes in for a rest, but there's no way we can make it permanent.

v5k87k.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Mooley22

Is that the cat off Love/Hate? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Where about in grantstown park there is a black and white cat along the front of the brook by the name of socks could be it. Cats will leave a house if they get fed up being pulled around etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 lisa_mc

That must be the one. My son said the cat's name is Socks but he thought she belonged to the family who moved away. Must've got confused. Now I know she belongs to someone and hasn't been abandoned, I'll make sure she doesn't sneak in again. Thanks. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭spookwoman

lisa_mc wrote: »
    That must be the one. My son said the cat's name is Socks but he thought she belonged to the family who moved away. Must've got confused. Now I know she belongs to someone and hasn't been abandoned, I'll make sure she doesn't sneak in again. Thanks. :)

Dont know if they are still there they own 2 dogs and cat may be getting fed up. Might be an idea to talk to the owners. Could also be getting bullied by another. Can't take it in have 3 rescues already and trying to catch the gray and white knocking around so he can be neutered and released again.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭camper guy

Hi all we are the owners of the offending pussy.
    White socks has made new friends and we are very pleased.
    As you can probably tell shes getting on in years now so doesnt get up to much.
    She sleeps a lot eats beans and spends most of her waking hours playing let me in and out the window.She is not abandoned or neglected in any way she is not afraid of most dogs especially our own two clowns Mario and George.:D
    Thanks for taking an interest in our cat and if she wants to go for a sleep over thats fine with us but please dont feed her :D.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭camper guy

"I'm nearby in Farmleigh, and I think Socks was round last week posturing at the window at my tomcat. Sounds like Socks is getting up to more than you'd think! She's a cutie :)"

OMG Posturing in the window of one of the new houses in Farmleigh .
    MORTIFIED, and in front of your poor inocent Tom cat.
    Our name is mud on the Dunmore road.:eek:
    Its not her fault you know ,her Grandmother was from Amsterdam and she was always posing provocatively in the window.:D
    Apparently they couldn't train this kind of sausy behaviour out of her, even with treats.
    Had to cal the priest for her in the end and that involved an exocisim hope it doesnt come to that for poor White Socks.

Advertisement