Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

a good barndance tune to follow on from If We Hadn't Any Women In The World?

Options
  • 11-11-2013 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭

I like the barndance tune If We Hadn't Any Women In The World. Im looking for an equally good barndance tune to follow on from this tune, any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

IF there weren't any men in the world.

I learned it from Mary Staunton and she played it with "if there weren't any women in the world"
    Can't find a better version of it at the moment. Have the ABc's somewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭banjobongo

thanks Trad, good one, thats a new tune to me, I looked it up on the session.org website and the tune seems to be commonly known as The Hills Of Tara. Interesting instrument!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

How did you find it on thesession? I had a good look under the name I know it as and couldn't find it.

Here's a better video of it

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

You might like the Kilnamona Barndance too, should fit in well with those. Second one here:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭banjobongo

trad wrote: »
    How did you find it on thesession? I had a good look under the name I know it as and couldn't find it.

search under "if there werent any men in the world" and set tunes = barndance and the 5th result is the Hills of Tara.

• Advertisement
Advertisement