Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for fire wood in Cork

Options
  • 11-11-2013 3:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Hi all,
    I'll move to a new house with open fire wood place, in Carrigaline, Cork
    I'd like to know if there is someone selling a good fire woods in bulk?
    I don't want to buy a small packets for 7 euros each....like there are in normal shops. :P
    thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Zuzi wrote: »
    Hi all,
    I'll move to a new house with open fire wood place, in Carrigaline, Cork
    I'd like to know if there is someone selling a good fire woods in bulk?
    I don't want to buy a small packets for 7 euros each....like there are in normal shops. :P
    thank you!

http://www.futurefuels.ie/store/products.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

This seems like a better deal than the above link and they deliver in your area.

http://www.donedeal.ie/heating-for-sale/firewood/5807060

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭scudo2

Small ads in the "Echo" and the other free news papers. For firewood.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭blindsider

Ideally you would burn well-seasoned, or kiln-dried, ash. Beech is good too but really should be seasoned for a year or kiln-dried. Yew is apparently good also, but I haven't seen much for sale at all.

I would be asking for assurances re wood-type and drying - un-seasoned mixed wood will always be cheaper.......

This might be worth a look...

http://www.corkbp.ie/product/kiln-dried-logs-2-3m3-approx/

• Registered Users Posts: 1 peterdoona

My friend buys firewood from a place in Hollyhill, i think its called CPH or something like that, they deliver a large bag (like one of the big stone bags you se)to her door for €30.00 She swears by it, might be worth a call.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 Zuzi

Thanks to everyone, the only thing is difficult in all your post understand the weight of the wood in the bag...or whatsoever container...so difficult understand how much wood I'll get for the price advertised...
    Like for example in Italy I used to get 100kg for 10euros...was much simple 😔!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Kelly and Son on Monaghan road do your standard large bag not too sure how much they are but im sure hed cut you a decant deal.. He delivers too which is great.

Zuzi - do you have a car? If so, it might be worth calling to Cork Builders Providers - they have a pallet of wood in-store. Also, I passed Great Gas in Turners Cross yesterday and there's a place called Discount Fuels there - would be worth calling to. (Might be passing later and I'll pop in if I can.)

......this might help: http://discountfuels.ie/

...popped in quickly at lunch.

Good selection as per web-site. They deliver to Carrigaline. Kiln dried birch is €7 for a well-stocked net - I'm not good at guessing weight. (Birch burns quite well, but is not as good as ash. Birch burns quite quickly.)

I'td be worth popping in to a few places to compare prices etc.

100Kg for €10 sounds very cheap to me. Wouldn't hold my breath for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,563 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

blindsider wrote: »
    ...popped in quickly at lunch.

To Great Gas at Turner's X? Was it open? There was a pile of Gardai there this morning and a Megane hanging out the side window of the shop after what I presume was a ram raid!

• Advertisement

Yep - everything was open. There was an unmarked Mondeo there alright, but I just presumed the shades had popped in for a sandwich.

Advertisement