Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a takeaway

Options
  • 11-11-2013 4:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭

Was all set to order from Da Tang tonight, but they are closed until Nov 20th!

Soo, can anyone recommend a decent takeaway - not fussed about whether it's Chinese, Thai, Pizza....just want nice food without having to wait an age for it to be delivered!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,959 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Golden Rickshaw in Mary St.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

The Villa is nice enough if I remember correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

We use Royal Villa for Chinese (can order direct from website or justeat). Thai Garden is available on WhatsForDinner.

For either I'd recommend getting Ken Hom appetisers from Tesco.

For pizza just get Chicago Town from the shop. Job done.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,086 ✭✭✭Guffy

There's a place in salthill, can't remember name but it's over were paprika used be. Might be tulsi? Anyway it is unreal. Pricier than most but best quality take away I've had.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭superelliptic

Charcoal Grill :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Recently started using King Ding and they have been excellent so far

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Chinatown in Newcastle. Best value, and imho best quality food in town (as Chinese goes)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭galwaycyclist

Chi - in the business park behind Westside Shopping centre. Best chinese in town. Something tells me they may also have an association with Da Tang.

Chi - in the business park behind Westside Shopping centre. Best chinese in town. Something tells me they may also have an association with Da Tang.

They're openng in the unit where Da Tang was. Fitout happening at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

amiable wrote: »
    Recently started using King Ding and they have been excellent so far

+1 for king ding in rahoon. Also would recommend Royal Villa in Salthill

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 37 galwayguy2005

Only thing with Chi is it takes them an awul long time to prepare food. Collected it a few times now and always seem to be waiting between 30-50 minutes and its not an overally big order. €20-€30

anamara86 wrote: »
    Was all set to order from Da Tang tonight, but they are closed until Nov 20th!

Soo, can anyone recommend a decent takeaway - not fussed about whether it's Chinese, Thai, Pizza....just want nice food without having to wait an age for it to be delivered!

If your looking for pizza would look at the Pizza Inn. There relatively new but surprisingly good pizza for probably the best price in town. Got two 14" Pizza or around €14 delivered

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

curry house in newcastle... mix of styles .. mmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

If your looking for pizza would look at the Pizza Inn. There relatively new but surprisingly good pizza for probably the best price in town. Got two 14" Pizza or around €14 delivered

previous posts looking for delivery drivers...do you work for the pizza inn perhaps?

previous posts looking for delivery drivers...do you work for the pizza inn perhaps?

Work for a different restaurant not them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭anamara86

Thanks for all the suggestions. Wanted to give Chi a go but they are closed on Mondays... Went with The Villa in Salthill in the end... Wasn't great, I'll try Chi next

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭charlie_says

Chi is good, as well as the Asian Tea House.

The sweet and sour soup in Chi is particularly tasty. Also the black bean sauce in Asian Tea House is delicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,389 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Another +1 for King Ding in GlenDara. Tasty food and speedy delivery. Veggies and meaties alike like this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭ciano1

Anywhere in town to get a nice greasy, salty bag of proper bag of chips?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

anamara86 wrote: »
    Thanks for all the suggestions. Wanted to give Chi a go but they are closed on Mondays... Went with The Villa in Salthill in the end... Wasn't great, I'll try Chi next

Not to be confused with the Royal Villa located at the aquarium.

• Advertisement

ciano1 wrote: »
    Anywhere in town to get a nice greasy, salty bag of proper bag of chips?

McDonaghs.

Get it to eat in and even better value

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

JohnCleary wrote: »
    McDonaghs.

Get it to eat in and even better value

+1 for McDonaghs and also "Fish & Chips" on Forster street and salthill.

zarquon wrote: »

McDonaghs is over rated in my opinion

zarquon wrote: »

Another +1 for Salthill/Forster St F&C, and -1 for McDonagh's.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,153 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

McDonaghs is over rated in my opinion

Very much. Forster St Fish and Chips is very good and surprisingly Vinnies do a great bag of salty/vinegary chips.

Very much. Forster St Fish and Chips is very good and surprisingly Vinnies do a great bag of salty/vinegary chips.

I must try Vinnies. I haven't tried it in years :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,153 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

I must try Vinnies. I haven't tried it in years :)

Ya i used to be a Vinnies sceptic but they do a fine chip, and their onion rings are damn good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭BobMcBob

Capones opposite Joyces do surprisingly good chips. Great with the curry sauce.

Duck red curry from Asian tea house is another favourite.

BmB

I still stand by that McDonagh's do great chips / curry.

Went to Salthill F&C earlier, 5 euro for 2 battered sausages, chips, curry ... great for the hangover

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ArtyC

Golden rickshaw on Mary street has made me a fan of Chinese.... Would never normally order it but it is a great place. Clean place. Lovely food

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement