Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for Builder to manage other tradesmen

Options
  • 11-11-2013 4:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hi,

I recently bought a house that requires modernisation. I have acceptable quotes from the following trades:

1-Plumber
    2-Electrician
    3-Insulation/drylining

There are also quite a few other essential repairs and bits of general building like knocking a wall, fixing cracks in walls and ceilings etc.

I'm wondering how to go about finding a builder/project manager for the whole job who will :

A. Do all the 'other' bits
    B. Manage the sequence of work for all trades to finish the job

It's the B that is the problem.

Building contractors usually like to bring all their own trades with them, don't they?

How does one go about finding a builder who is happy to work alongside other tradesmen and would be willing to manage the sequence of the entire job, for a fee, of course?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 babyeater690

You will also need a good carpenter as they really add a good finish to the house
    As for a builder as site manager its best having a site manager as just the site manager if hes also doin alot of work in the house the managing end can suffer there are plenty of very good guys around who will manage the site as if it was there own and save you money time and headace's in the prosses I know some of the best lads in the business and will be using them for my build if you need contacts let me know

• Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

please send the OP a PM thanks

see the forum charter re advertising services on thread

please send the OP a PM thanks

see the forum charter re advertising services on thread

Hi Mod,

I was offering my services free of charge as a way of me gaining further experience. As there would be no financial gain i did not see the problem with it and would not deem it to be me advertising.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

Hi Mod,

I was offering my services free of charge as a way of me gaining further experience. As there would be no financial gain i did not see the problem with it and would not deem it to be me advertising.
    Thats nice of you! but Do it by PM! thanks (and if you have a comment on the moderation send that Mod a PM, don't respond on thread) dont post again until you have read: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055036302

swordsy wrote: »
    How does one go about finding a builder

hi Swordsy, would you mind posting here in the prescribed format thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

You will also need a good carpenter as they really add a good finish to the house
    As for a builder as site manager its best having a site manager as just the site manager if hes also doin alot of work in the house the managing end can suffer there are plenty of very good guys around who will manage the site as if it was there own and save you money time and headace's in the prosses I know some of the best lads in the business and will be using them for my build if you need contacts let me know

The best in the biz my god you must know a lot of people
    I am in the building all my life and would not come out with a statement like that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5 babyeater690

In the building trade also mate and a long time dosnt mean ur any good everyone likes to think they are the best but in reality most are crap very few are good and an even fewer amout are masters at there trade
    My father has been in building all his life from the age of 14 and managed multiple job sites at once consisting of 100's of workers and alot of my friends and family are the same so I know quite a few and if you read what I said I know some of the best lads not all or THE BEST so keep ur stupid statements too yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

In the building trade also mate and a long time dosnt mean ur any good everyone likes to think they are the best but in reality most are crap very few are good and an even fewer amout are masters at there trade
    My father has been in building all his life from the age of 14 and managed multiple job sites at once consisting of 100's of workers and alot of my friends and family are the same so I know quite a few and if you read what I said I know some of the best lads not all or THE BEST so keep ur stupid statements too yourself

No need for insulting people here I will let you know my experience OK
    Started @ 15 and am now 51 time served carpenter
    City and Guilds (Craft and ADVANCED)
    FTC,S with distinctions in all exams
    2th place apprentice of the year 1981
    Foreman from the age of 28 here and abroad
    Contract supervisor for 5 years
    Senior Contract Manager for 7 years with 1 of Ireland's major company's.
    And I still have to meet the best in the game :D.

@ babyeater690 & Carpenter

Lads, stop measuring, now! Thank You

op, pm sent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 tommykeane45

big car small gun ,whos the best

Advertisement