Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone Got Or Had An APS UAR?

• 11-11-2013 5:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 565 ✭✭✭

Son loves his JG G36C, but fancies a second AEG for some variety. He's not into M4/M16 types, and had settled on a Cybergun P90 till he spotted a UAR in MIA last weekend.

Have any of you guys got, had or tried a UAR? Online reviews seem largely positive, and IIUC there is only one UAR - made by APS - so logically any positive reviews out there can only apply to the APS UAR.

Thanks for any replies.

Mark

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,899 ✭✭✭S.E.A.L.s

Have tested one of these in Tan / DE and liked it, it's solid enough and shoots well from stock (would upgrade regardless), battery choice is limited to what you can fit and nothing new there for most AEG's

Would like more time with it and could see myself keeping one for indoor / CQB games, however, Bullpup's are not for everyone and the UAR is quite different to a P90

So have your Son test or even game a UAR before hand if possible, just to be sure it's for Him

I'm sure others have more insight and hope this helps :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 797 ✭✭✭backthephilup

I have a UAR and would recommend it with a couple of caveats.
    Firstly there is the well publicised issue with mags. As in it wont take most mid caps without modification and is known to have feeding issues with some high caps. On the plus side you get two 250-300 bb capacity mags with the AEG which work perfectly after a little wearing in.I found them quite stiff feeding the first skirmish I used the AEG then fine afterwards. Bear in mind this is just my own experience. I came to use the AEG after prolonged use of midcaps with a G&G SCAR so was spoiled with perfect feeding every time and never having to wind. I know of at least one other UAR owner who used midcaps and high caps with no problem after carrying out minor modifications to the mags and the AEG. (There is a pin in the magwell which "apparently" when removed fixes the mag feeding. I have no personal confirmation of this but the bloke seemed to know his stuff and was definitely using highcaps with no problems)
    I find the trigger pull a bit long. This is really nit picking and probably unfair considering the price. However it is an issue but probably not if you use auto as opposed to single fire.
    On the plus side I find the UAR to be the second most ergonomically satisfying AEG I own.( The first being my G&G Sig 553) It is one of the few truly ambidextrous RIF's on the market and fantastic for short to medium range engagements I also think for the price its
    great value for money and has a decent rate of fire.
    In summary if your son is looking for something a bit different IMO he could do an awful lot worse. Also tell him should he see a tall beardy fellow wearing Pantec using one at Sim Tac that would be me and despite appearances I am actually quite friendly and would be happy to let him have a shot of it.
    Also I can't mention the UAR without linking this
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqKObkZT_vo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 709 ✭✭✭bushball

mia has a shooting range so he can try it out anyway before he buys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Mark#1

Thanks guys. MIA won't have them in black till after xmas. :(

According to APS's own website, the newer UAR501 has addressed those mag compatibility issues (as well as the newer version coping well with 11.1v LiPo batteries):

After the first launch of our UAR in the market, we have heard so many comments on mid cap magazine compatibility. As a responsible manufacturer, we listen to customer wants. We changed the design of our guns so that it also takes mid cap magazine. After testing, the new UAR is now compatible with most of the mid caps magazine found in the market."

That's a kind offer backthephilup. He's been at me to bring him to Sim-Tac asap. Looks like he'll be there on Saturday 23rd.

He probably wants a gun (not money) for xmas, but I'm trying to convince him to just get money for xmas, and buy his UAR when MIA has it back in stock, but I think he wants to opt for something else, just so he gets something on xmas morning.

Are MIA the only guys in Ireland selling UARs?

Might look into buying online from UK, if I can't persuade him to wait till an Irish shop has them in stock.

Thanks again guys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,899 ✭✭✭S.E.A.L.s

Do not believe any other shop in Ireland stocks these and they can be ordered from Redwolf UK directly or AirsoftEire in Dundalk maybe able to order it from Redwolf on your behalf, as they have offered this service to customers before

Hope you get one in time for Xmas :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 797 ✭✭✭backthephilup

I'm afraid I only go every second Sunday. Stupid retail job

Advertisement