Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wastepal Now in Carlow

Options
  • 11-11-2013 6:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone switched to this company yet? Are they good? They seem to be cheaper than even Ray Whelans but are there hidden extras?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

foggy_lad wrote: »
    Has anyone switched to this company yet? Are they good? They seem to be cheaper than even Ray Whelans but are there hidden extras?

its more expensive if you take in the brown bin, they give you an even smaller brown bin than Whelans and if you want whelans size its an extra €24 per year so its better value with whelans for me anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

whelans dont have a brown bin, just the normal and recycling. wastepal are cheaper for the 240l and 140l bins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Considering switching to them when im finished with aes next month. Currently paying €14.50 , will wait n see what aes are charging next year before I do anything.

Owryan wrote: »
    Considering switching to them when im finished with aes next month. Currently paying €14.50 , will wait n see what aes are charging next year before I do anything.
    €14.50 a month? how are AES so cheap?

€14.50 a month? how are AES so cheap?

Dunno. I signed up for a six month offer in June. They had a sale and then an online offer too. I ll never give ray whelan another cent tho.

• Advertisement

What size bin do you have because they advertise the 140 bin for €26.50/month with the first 6 months being €24/month, Are you with them long as the price will rise after the first 6 months.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

I've Ray Whelan bins and have had for God only know's how long! €23 a month I think my Mam pays and she won't leave them because my uncle works for them :P

What size bin do you have because they advertise the 140 bin for €26.50/month with the first 6 months being €24/month, Are you with them long as the price will rise after the first 6 months.

I have the large 240l bins for refuse n recycling. As I said with them since june and end in December. I ll happily wait and see what the new rate will be . Afaik whelan was 27 a month when I left him so thats the price I ll be looking to come in under.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Fallini

I got their flyer through the door and gave them a buzz this evening, there doesn't seem to any hidden extras, but it would be good to have replay from someone who uses or has used them.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭spcw

Rang AES and got discounted back to 24.50 pm for 12 months easier than moving.

• Advertisement

whelans dont have a brown bin, just the normal and recycling. wastepal are cheaper for the 240l and 140l bins

whelans do have a brown bin, its free they just don't advertise it. ring them and ask for it, I've had it a year or so now.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭oscillating wildely

patrickc wrote: »
    whelans do have a brown bin, its free they just don't advertise it. ring them and ask for it, I've had it a year or so now.

They only supply a brown bin in Carlow town. They have no plans to supply outside of the town until they are legally obliged so despite Hogan bringing in the bill earlier this year there is no legal obligation on providers to act upon it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

They only supply a brown bin in Carlow town. They have no plans to supply outside of the town until they are legally obliged so despite Hogan bringing in the bill earlier this year there is no legal obligation on providers to act upon it.
    So you can get one of those brown bins totally free? No hidden costs associated with it?

I just rang wastepal and asked about the 140l bin for €18.50/month and that price only aplies if you pay by direct debit. That makes them €1/month dearer than whelans. Even the yearly and half yearly prices are dearer if you dont pay by direct debit. They are also quite strict about what can go into the recycling bin. No plastic wrappers or plastic film or meat wrappers.

I must get onto whelans now about my brown bin!

So you can get one of those brown bins totally free? No hidden costs associated with it?

yes, they did said there may be a charge in the future but none currently, however if you fail to put it out every two weeks they will charge you they say.

Advertisement