Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fibre modem charged?

Options
  • 11-11-2013 6:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Just got my first efibre bill and it says that the efibre modem was 28.92. Is the modem not free and come with the bundle?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi,
    Just got my first efibre bill and it says that the efibre modem was 28.92. Is the modem not free and come with the bundle?
    Hi Irishmaster

That's odd, It should be free as far as I'm aware. Please PM me your account details and I'll investigate this for you.

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭Irishmaster

pm sent!

Says Zyxel wireless n lite usb adapter 28.92

Hi Irishmaster

Yes I can confirm this charge is for wireless adaptors. I'll need to check if these are usually charged. I don't think they are and if I'm right I'll credit your account this charge however I'll need to seek confirmation on this from efibre billing operations. I'll be in touch with you here as soon as I have confirmation which will most likely be tomorrow morning/afternoon.

Thanks

Al

Hi Irishmaster

Yes I can confirm this charge is for wireless adaptors. I'll need to check if these are usually charged. I don't think they are and if I'm right I'll credit your account this charge however I'll need to seek confirmation on this from efibre billing operations. I'll be in touch with you here as soon as I have confirmation which will most likely be tomorrow morning/afternoon.

Thanks

Al
    ok thx

• Advertisement

Hi Irishmaster

Thanks

Al
    ok thx
    Hi Irishmaster

I have sent you a PM. Apologies for the inconvenience caused by this.

Thanks

Al

Hi Irishmaster

Thanks

Al
    ok thx
    Hi Irishmaster

Thanks

Al
    Just received my next bill! Instead of paying me back for the charged router, eircom have sent me a "billing error apology" which you have charged me again for another router basically! Now im down 57.90 (28.98 and 28.92)!!! Since ive been with eircom ive had nothing but problems where I feel like incompetent monkeys run eircom! If I wrote every problem ive had with eircom it would come to at least 3 pages on this site! Thanks for the apology and charging me extra! Not happy at all! I would like a full refund if not the whole bill that was sent to me today!
    Also ive asked months ago that my fibre speed be put back to my original that I was on day 1 which was 50mb 15mb upload. Now im on 40 and 10 for some reason even though my neighbours are getting higher on same package. Ohhh but I know this site doesn't deal with that right, you have to ring tech support. Which I have and they said they ring me back but they haven't yet!!! I could go on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

Hi Irishmaster

Thanks

Al
    ok thx
    Hi Irishmaster

Thanks

Al
    Just received my next bill! Instead of paying me back for the charged router, eircom have sent me a "billing error apology" which you have charged me again for another router basically! Now im down 57.90 (28.98 and 28.92)!!! Since ive been with eircom ive had nothing but problems where I feel like incompetent monkeys run eircom! If I wrote every problem ive had with eircom it would come to at least 3 pages on this site! Thanks for the apology and charging me extra! Not happy at all! I would like a full refund if not the whole bill that was sent to me today!
    Also ive asked months ago that my fibre speed be put back to my original that I was on day 1 which was 50mb 15mb upload. Now im on 40 and 10 for some reason even though my neighbours are getting higher on same package. Ohhh but I know this site doesn't deal with that right, you have to ring tech support. Which I have and they said they ring me back but they haven't yet!!! I could go on!

Hi Irishmaster,

I'm very sorry about the error with your credit. I have rectified this now for you and wrote off the last bill issued to you. You are not liable for the bill outstanding €85.64. I understand this must be very frustrating, please accept my apologises for the inconvenience caused to you.

I've also conducted several tests on the line/service and the max capability of your service is up to 50mb service we wouldn't be able to guarantee this speed I'm afraid. There is no indication of any issues with the service, the speeds you are [font=Calibri", "sans-serif]achieving [/font]would be an average speed for a 50mb max capability. There are several factors that affect the speed of the service.
    I'm afraid technical support are the only channel that can log and investigate any speed issues.

Thanks

Tracey

Hi Irishmaster

Thanks

Al
    ok thx
    Hi Irishmaster

Thanks

Al

Hi Irishmaster,

I'm very sorry about the error with your credit. I have rectified this now for you and wrote off the last bill issued to you. You are not liable for the bill outstanding €85.64. I understand this must be very frustrating, please accept my apologises for the inconvenience caused to you.

I've also conducted several tests on the line/service and the max capability of your service is up to 50mb service we wouldn't be able to guarantee this speed I'm afraid. There is no indication of any issues with the service, the speeds you are achieving would be an average speed for a 50mb max capability. There are several factors that affect the speed of the service.
    I'm afraid technical support are the only channel that can log and investigate any speed issues.

Thanks

Tracey

Ok, this is becoming beyond a joke at this stage! I have been charged the 85.64 and this has been taken from my account! From day 1 when they told me direct debit was "needed" I knew this was a bad idea! Can anyone from eircom offer a good explanantion???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Hi Irishmaster

Thanks

Al
    ok thx
    Hi Irishmaster

Thanks

Al

Hi Irishmaster,

I've also conducted several tests on the line/service and the max capability of your service is up to 50mb service we wouldn't be able to guarantee this speed I'm afraid. There is no indication of any issues with the service, the speeds you are achieving would be an average speed for a 50mb max capability. There are several factors that affect the speed of the service.

Thanks

Tracey

Ok, this is becoming beyond a joke at this stage! I have been charged the 85.64 and this has been taken from my account! From day 1 when they told me direct debit was "needed" I knew this was a bad idea! Can anyone from eircom offer a good explanantion???
    Hi Irishmaster

Apologies, I see a credit was applied as a charge (agent error) on the November bill. I can see two credits were applied on the 11/13/13 correctly.

That will be on the next bill.

Mark

• Advertisement
Advertisement