Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Posting Electricity Bills

Options
  • 11-11-2013 6:37pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭

I hadn't received a bill since my last reading on August 29th last. 

I called customer services today and they said an estimated bill was posted last Friday, 8th November and should reach me in two to five days, depending on the post.

The normal contract is to pay bills within 14 days of issue date (last Friday). If it takes 5 days to deliver the bill, that will leave customers only 5 days to pay the bill.

A few questions arise.

Why post and process bills on a Friday, denying customers two days settlement time?

Why the current delay in taking readings/issuing bills?

My last bill was for short period when bills are low anyway (July to August, 58 days). The bill on its way to me is for 71 days, in a period when bills begin to increase, August to November. Is this not back to front from a customer convenience perspective?

Incidentally the reader left no card to say he'd called which is unusual.

Thanks, mathepac

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭EI: Aoife O

Hi mathepac,

Thanks for getting in touch. We usually send our bills on the day of issue or the day before to ensure maximum time for our customers to arrange for payment of their bill. If it is a case that a bill is posted on a Friday and the customer does not have sufficient time to arrange payment, we can of course offer a payment plan, or one-off installment plan for a later date.

Unless a meter reading is submitted, the billing cycle can vary slightly, depending on ESB Networks who maintain the meters and undertake reading meters for all suppliers. They are required to leave a card if they visit your property and can not read the meter, if one was not provided on this occasion, I sincerely apologise. If you would like me to investigate the release date of your most recent bill for you, please PM us and confirm your full name, address, contact number and Electric Ireland account number.

If you've any questions about the above, please don't hesitate to ask.

Kind regards,
    Aoife

Advertisement