Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 167 ST PIERRE VS HENDRICKS **SPOILERS**

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

I think you call that falling asleep :pac:

Power nap is the preferred term :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 TheRingslayer

oh can't wait for tonight.

The last great prize fighter.

The last of the mohicans.

The last samurai.

Back in action again. Cannot wait for him to put manners on that disrespectful son of a bitch Hendricks. St Pierre is the Bobby Fischer of MMA. Alongside Anderson and Jones he is the last of the rolling stones, a lasting memory of an era of mma which was stacked with genuine warriors. Now all we see is factory made deaf mutes coming off the production line. A win for St. Pierre is a win for the fans of mma who have since come to the sad realisation that the sport has lost its heart and soul that once made it so beautiful.

#WarPierre

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

The last samurai.

Back in action again. Cannot wait for him to put manners on that disrespectful son of a bitch Hendricks. St Pierre is the Bobby Fischer of MMA. Alongside Anderson and Jones he is the last of the rolling stones, a lasting memory of an era of mma which was stacked with genuine warriors. Now all we see is factory made deaf mutes coming off the production line. A win for St. Pierre is a win for the fans of mma who have since come to the sad realisation that the sport has lost its heart and soul that once made it so beautiful.

#WarPierre

Fail

• Registered Users Posts: 17,566 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

The last samurai.

#WarPierre

wat

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

The last samurai.

#WarPierre

Really?? I dont understand this post I'm a fan of mma and disagree GSP hasnt finished anyone since 2008 a lot of people expect at this stage to be watching all 5 rounds when it comes to his fights. How is Hendricks disrespectful? How has it lost its heart and soul??

• Advertisement

Name me five stars the UFC has built in the past two years who can headline and sell PPVs.

I would suggest not including McGregor or Rousey in your list, they built their own hype.

The current crop of UFC superstars are factory produced. Cain Velasquez is one of the most uninteresting fighters in the history of the sport. Who gives a **** about anyone from 135 down? I'd watch Faber fight but could give a toss about Barao and Cruz, or mickey mouse wearing the belt in the small man's league.

GSP is the last of the old guard. The last remnants of an era when MMA was exciting.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Name me five stars the UFC has built in the past two years who can headline and sell PPVs.

I would suggest not including McGregor or Rousey in your list, they built their own hype.

The current crop of UFC superstars are factory produced. Cain Velasquez is one of the most uninteresting fighters in the history of the sport. Who gives a **** about anyone from 135 down? I'd watch Faber fight but could give a toss about Barao and Cruz, or mickey mouse wearing the belt in the small man's league.

GSP is the last of the old guard. The last remnants of an era when MMA was exciting.

Why couldn't Rousey headline? What's boring about Cain? Your post is ridiculous.

Chael Sonnen could headline so could Aldo, JDS, Belfort, Henderson, Pettis and most fighters in the top 10 of the lightweight div.

Why couldn't Rousey headline? What's boring about Cain? Your post is ridiculous.

Chael Sonnen could headline so could Aldo, JDS, Belfort, Henderson, Pettis and most fighters in the top 10 of the lightweight div.

don't think you read my post properly bro.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

Ufc does not build fighters or set up camps to bring Ufc fighters through. They take on fighters that have won and proven themselves in other organisations.
    MMA is getting more exciting as usually no one style wins and fighters who can strike are not confused when they hit the mat with a man on top.

The old guard will always go as people die. So noone is going to fight or live forever. GSP is not an exciting fighter to most and Anderson, Vitor among other of the old guard around.
    Really unsure if this is a wind up as Jones or Cain fights are more exciting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

Good interview with John Wayne Parr

Starting to fall for the don't blink hype :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Wow **** just got serious and fights not even started :pac:

Probably more appropriate thread > http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=87537330#post87537330

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Yikes, some serious statements there. Rousey destroyed every one in strikeforce. So, she is not hype she is a proven talent.

Cain is not a boring fighter in the slightest. He has the best cardio in the UFC (in my eyes) and is a brilliant fighter.

The smaller weight classes have produced some cracking fights. Loads of people give a shít about them. There always very fast paced fights.

Oh and those five fighters: Sonnen, Barao, Aldo, Pettis and Belfort. Gill Melendez and Gustaffson will soon be on that list.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,434 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Prelims on now HERE

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Oregano_State

Volonte for me here.

Kim Winslow very nervous trying to stop the fight. She looked terrified to step in. I'm still amazed she's allowed into the cage.

Yeah really noticed that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

El Guapo! wrote: »
    Kim Winslow very nervous trying to stop the fight. She looked terrified to step in. I'm still amazed she's allowed into the cage.

She is the worst ref by an absolute mile. She is going to get someone hurt very soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,193 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Really interested to see how Pettis gets on here.

Looking at him, he and Anthony might as well be the same person

unknown13 wrote: »
    She is the worst ref by an absolute mile. She is going to get someone hurt very soon.

It's only a matter of time.
    She just stood there kind of flapping her arms before stopping it.
    I'm not saying it was an overly late stoppage this time but she was too sheepish in calling a halt to the fight.

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Really interested to see how Pettis gets on here.

Looking at him, he and Anthony might as well be the same person

Face-wise yeah. He's a good bit shorter though, 9cm according to wiki.

• Advertisement

Good fight. Was closer than 30-27 but a good win for Pettis in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

unknown13 wrote: »

I remember her reffing a heavyweight fight one night and she struggled to pull the fighter off the chap getting battered.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Ouch. Felt that all the way here.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Prelim link wont work for me for some reason.

Story looked really good, didn't realize he beat Hendricks makes me think twice about the outcome of the main event :P

Being picky about this fight he should of put that to bed in 2/3rd round.

Can never stand to watch Leites fight. He's not quite the Ben Askren type of fighter who likes to nullify with grappling but he's not far off it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭SRFC

Almost fell asleep there :rolleyes:

Not a good fight, for the attempts at finishing it, it never looked like coming ever.

Come on Cowboy, wake us up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

Can't wait for this.I l love GSP and his style, he controls his division, but I hope Hendricks sparks him!

Advertisement