Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14 Mod warning post #718

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭ericzeking

with so many injuries at the moment, its really hard to tell.

would assume pretty much the same team as the last day anyway, with Buttner and fletcher coming in and perhaps nani too.

Fabio at RB would be nice, though Rafael needs game time.

Fabio at left back, we need to look at alternatives to Evra big time, not only in the coming windows but right now, he is a serious liability defensively. Not sure if Buttner will cut the mustard so would like a look at Fabio there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I'll take 2.;)

We have no hope if getting 2 of those, slim chance of 1 and maybe a glimmer of hope of the other.

Love the optimism Kew,this place would combust if we got a couple of them.I've a sneaky feeling Moyes already has a couple of deals in place considering how public he's been about players leaving the club,he wouldn't have said anything if he didn't have replacements lined up (or maybe I'm just hoping against hope)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

I am really looking forward to Stoke on Wednesday. A break away from the league is welcome.

Who deserves a start.

Chico and Kagawa should start?

think i read chico is injured too now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

zerks wrote: »
    Love the optimism Kew,this place would combust if we got a couple of them.I've a sneaky feeling Moyes already has a couple of deals in place considering how public he's been about players leaving the club,he wouldn't have said anything if he didn't have replacements lined up (or maybe I'm just hoping against hope)

I think we will buy 1 decent player in January. Think that will be our lot.

Who? im not sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

zerks wrote: »

does anybody have the transcript of where Moyes mentioned about players leaving?

not seen/heard it, so interested in seeing how it went and what exactly he said.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Devil08

does anybody have the transcript of where Moyes mentioned about players leaving?

not seen/heard it, so interested in seeing how it went and what exactly he said.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11667/9074685/premier-league-david-moyes-says-manchester-united-are-ready-to-spend-big

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Koke now saying he doesn't want to leave in January according to reports in Spain.(This comes from The Mirror who say he's a Spanish international full back,so take it with a pinch of salt)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

I am really looking forward to Stoke on Wednesday. A break away from the league is welcome.

Who deserves a start.

Would love to see Zaha get a start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Play Fabio!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Who deserves a start.

I would really like to see something like
    De Gea
    Rafael Jones/Smalling/Evans Fabio
    Fletcher Cleverly
    Nani Kagawa Zaha
    Rooney
    I don't think we should be changing too much, this United team needs confidence in itself and building a solid core unit around them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

MagicIRL wrote: »
    I would really like to see something like
    De Gea
    Rafael Jones/Smalling/Evans Fabio
    Fletcher Cleverly
    Nani Kagawa Zaha
    Rooney
    I don't think we should be changing too much, this United team needs confidence in itself and building a solid core unit around them.

Rooney can have a rest, Stick Hernandez or Keane upfront. Give Rafael the night off

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

RasTa wrote: »
    Rooney can have a rest, Stick Hernandez or Keane upfront. Give Rafael the night off

hernandez is possibly injured and keane is gone to wigan on loan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Everybody's on loan.

Might see Giggs, Fellani, Anderson, Young, Zaha and someone up front.

Andres in goals, Butter and Fabio no idea for CB

RasTa wrote: »
    Everybody's on loan.

Might see Giggs, Fellani, Anderson, Young, Zaha and someone up front.

Andres in goals, Butter and Fabio no idea for CB

we have at least 7 injuries, so it limits alot of what you and others have outlined.

Giggs wont play anyway and id expect 2 from Rio, Jones and Evans at CB.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Watched the Class of '92 this morning, t'was brilliant. I was in stitches at the tea pot story. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

Would like to see Zaha get a start but he needs to calm down a bit , I know he's very eager to impress to everytime I have seen him (Not much) he has given the ball away by trying to do too much too soon. Ease it back a bit and take it slow because all Moyes is seeing is him loosing possession.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Anyone think we might bring Powell back in January?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

He's better off getting game time at Wigan.

the talk is that we are bringing him back, to loan him to a pl team. Moyes wants him to make the step up quickly based on his performances so far for them.

• Advertisement

With Spurs having sacked AVB, perhaps we could be looking to tempt one of their midfielders here in January?

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Sacramento wrote: »
    With Spurs having sacked AVB, perhaps we could be looking to tempt one of their midfielders here in January?

If rumours are to believed then Sig and even Lamela are rumoured to be OK on moving.

if they are not good enough for Spurs, they are not good enough for United.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

They're not good enough for Spurs in the same way Mascherano and Tevez weren't good enough for West Ham.

Bit of a simplistic view no? With the lack of strong MF players available in January surely one of them could improve our first eleven?? You were the one saying specifically that when they signed Eriksen that they had a "serious squad". A 21 year old creative midfielder no less..

keane2097 wrote: »
    They're not good enough for Spurs in the same way Mascherano and Tevez weren't good enough for West Ham.

theres nobody in that Spurs midfield that is a world class creative player and we certainly wil not be getting in players who in the majority have only signed in the past 12-16 months for them.

? You were the one saying specifically that when they signed Eriksen that they had a "serious squad". A 21 year old creative midfielder no less..

im pretty sure i said many times during the summer that Eriksen was a player who i didnt mind us not signing as he isnt good enough to solve the problems we have. just because they are good players for other clubs who are near the top of the table, doesnt mean they are United class.

Eriksen is one of them. Spurs have a serious squad, however theres nobody in their squad id want at United based on how the summer and season have panned out so far.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Fletcher giving Young short shrift

5hrja.gif

im pretty sure i said many times during the summer that Eriksen was a player who i didnt mind us not signing as he isnt good enough to solve the problems we have. just because they are good players for other clubs who are near the top of the table, doesnt mean they are United class.

Eriksen is one of them. Spurs have a serious squad, however theres nobody in their squad id want at United based on how the summer and season have panned out so far.

Fair enough if you don't rate them now, but you did make comment specifically on the back of that Eriksen signing. Anyway..

Your comment of "if they're not good enough for Spurs" makes no sense. Was Bale not good enough for Spurs? Was Carrick? Berbatov? I don't understand why you said it tbh.

Your comment of "if they're not good enough for Spurs" makes no sense. Was Bale not good enough for Spurs? Was Carrick? Berbatov? I don't understand why you said it tbh.

i hate to tell you, but Bale, Carrick and Berbatov no longer play for Spurs nor have anything to do with this conversation. i am pretty sure many people will understand (and agree with) my point.

i hate to tell you, but Bale, Carrick and Berbatov no longer play for Spurs nor have anything to do with this conversation. i am pretty sure many people will understand (and agree with) my point.

OK, condescension again, yay. You haven't understood what I'm asking. I'll leave it there with you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

theres nobody in that Spurs midfield that is a world class creative player and we certainly wil not be getting in players who in the majority have only signed in the past 12-16 months for them.

I don't remember responding to a post that said anything of the sort.

Your line was that if they aren't good enough for Spurs they aren't good enough for United, the fact is Sandro, Dembele, Paulinho, Lamela, Holtby, Erikson etc would all stroll into the United team.

In fact besides Carrick I think pretty much every midfielder in the Spurs first team roster is superior to anything at United besides Fellaini when he's playing well.

Sandro in particular is a superb player.

Edit to say obviously Kagawa as a #10 is as good as any of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Fletcher giving Young short shrift

5hrja.gif

Poor Ashley. Even his teammates can't stand him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I don't really understand your point. Are you saying clubs that are performing poorly can't have any good players in their squad? Spurs weren't exactly setting the world on fire with any of the above players either, yet bigger clubs bought them. So on the surface, your point doesn't seem to make sense. It would be great if you could clarify.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,834 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Manchester United u21 midfielder Charni Ekangamene has been handed a first team squad number (43).

Picked this up on Twitter, don't know much about him or how likely he is to get any serious gametime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Lamela is good enough, could do with being given time to settle to a new country like!

Plenty of the Spurs midfield would be welcome actually

I don't really understand your point. Are you saying clubs that are performing poorly can't have any good players in their squad? Spurs weren't exactly setting the world on fire with any of the above players either, yet bigger clubs bought them. So on the surface, your point doesn't seem to make sense. It would be great if you could clarify.

His point doesn't make sense but the man on the moon knows he wont climb down off it and admit he had a bit of verbal diarrhoea so Id advise just letting it go, nobody wants pages of back and forth about it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

If you can see why they are exceptionally relevant to the point there's no hope for you...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Charni was turned into a defensive midfielder when he got to united, played at the back. Effective rather than spectacular like Januzaj (or Will Keane and Tom Lawrence).

Mitch, lordgoat or one of the other posters that watch the under 21s could probably provide more info.

Might see him on bench v Stoke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Vertonghen, Lamela, Townsend, Dembele, Sadro, Paulinho, Eriksenn and Lennon would all be welcome in my eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Vertonghen, Lamela, Townsend, Dembele, Sadro, Paulinho, Eriksenn and Lennon would all be welcome in my eyes.

Lennon and Townsend lol. Would take any of the others.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Watched the Class of '92 this morning, t'was brilliant. I was in stitches at the tea pot story. :D

Just watched there,great film,ya that tea pot story was priceless.

For all their greatness they somehow managed to stay grounded and all come across as sound fellas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Our midfield is so poor Id literally take anyone from Spurs'.

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Our midfield is so poor Id literally take anyone from Spurs'.

the first 5 words of your post are the key here. most players would "improve" our midfield, but thats not saying alot or is it a point puts any weight to the argument.

we need world class players, not lads who cant get in the spurs team.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,608 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

So homer, you keep going on and on about how we need World Class players.

Out of interest, have you any examples of realistic targets we could aim for that you'd consider "World Class"?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Owen_S

Nuts102 wrote: »

He is the one player from Spurs that I would love to see in a Utd shirt. One of the best central defenders around, annoying to see him played at left back so often.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Sandro and Dembele are class

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

So homer, you keep going on and on about how we need World Class players.

Out of interest, have you any examples of realistic targets we could aim for that you'd consider "World Class"?

Aye, likes criticizing everyone's else choices so much, be interesting to see

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Charni was turned into a defensive midfielder when he got to united, played at the back. Effective rather than spectacular like Januzaj (or Will Keane and Tom Lawrence).

Mitch, lordgoat or one of the other posters that watch the under 21s could probably provide more info.

Might see him on bench v Stoke.

Charni's a good player, nothing exceptional but at times he really surprised me. Hes tough and there's a lot to like about him. Be very interesting to see him get some game time against Stoke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

we need world class players, not lads who cant get in the spurs team.

Yeah, we already have loads of lads who wouldn't get into the Spurs team!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,395 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Sandro and Dembele are class

Sandro yes, not convinced by Dembele. Bit of a headless chicken at times. Covers ground but his positioning is quite erratic.

• Advertisement

Januzaj wasn't spectacular for the under 21's, he was a solid player, always looked good but not spectacular. His development the last year or 18 months has been phenomenal really though I still think he is being hyped a little too much out of our desperation to find a shining light

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement