Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14 Mod warning post #718

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

The actual performances are still very poor though, we were abject at times last night, we haven't improved in that regard in the slightest.

well as regards last night, picking the worst combination of attacking 6 players for many years, certainly didnt help there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

On the train back from Villa Park on Sunday there seemed t be many 'lone wolf' chanting football fans. In one instance there was just one dude, on his own, singing about Januzzi, very badly. Can anyone tell me why he was doing this? I get that communal singing can be fun but this man was annoying everyone, including his friends. I was trying to think of a way of justifying his actions but I couldn't think of a single thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,661 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

On the train back from Villa Park on Sunday there seemed t be many 'lone wolf' chanting football fans. In one instance there was just one dude, on his own, singing about Januzzi, very badly. Can anyone tell me why he was doing this? I get that communal singing can be fun but this man was annoying everyone, including his friends. I was trying to think of a way of justifying his actions but I couldn't think of a single thing.

That was Homerjay :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I have seen this numerous times by numerous people in England.

Nothing new

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Oregano_State

I think that the RVP 'injury' could be just that the club has recognised that he's been picking up knocks because he's been over-worked and needs some down-time to fully recuperate. Hopefully he'll rest up over the next three weeks and come back all guns blazing in the new year, when many of our rivals' defenders are tired after the busy Christmas period.

In fairness, we are well stocked in attack without RVP, although we were clearly missing a number 10 yesterday evening. Would love to see Shinji get a decent run in the team, I can't see why he wouldn't in these circumstances. Hopefully Nani is inspired by the birth of his son and finds some form too.

• Advertisement

the train trips back to manchester normally are hopping no matter what...your man probably just was a drunk, clueless gobs*ite!
    Headshot wrote: »
    That was Homerjay :P

lol...the entire train would be singing if i was on it.... :p

Ole new favourite to be West Brom coach with SkyBet

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

Nuts102 wrote: »
    We all have our opinion on Anderson which is most have given up hope. But i hear people saying he needs to go after last night. He hasn't kicked a ball most of the season you can't base anything on last night. He was rusty and playing in horrible conditions. He is actually our only midfielder that can drop deep pick up the ball and bring it forward instead of back the way. Really surprised he has not got more games this season considering how poor we have been.

Completely agree. I will admit outright that Anderson hasn't really done much at United but with the midfield as it is Im baffled that he hasn't been selected more. He is still very good at bringing the ball forward, much more so than Giggs. He needs to be given a real chance under Moyes, just like Fabio.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,501 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

We're rumoured to be in for Teixeira, I have to say in the games against them I don't remember him one bit for some reason.

Another is Sandro from Porto, he's going to be some player when he makes the step up from them, maybe a better long term option than Baines.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,395 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Well i will give Moyes credit for one thing. Since he made the comment about moving on players Welbeck scored a brace and Cleverley and Young scored for their first time in ages. You could see it in Young last night in his celebration he know's he is under pressure.

Just a side note on Valencia what is the story with his crossing. His general play has been better of late not massively but better than last season. He is getting into some good positions but i have never seen such a poor crosser of the ball. All he does is put the head down drive it as hard as he can along the ground and it gets blocked by somebody's foot. We really need a good quality out and out winger i feel.

Valencia can't cross.
    Kagawa and Janjuaz like roaming centrally.
    Nani while inconsistent has a decent cross but is not playing often enough.
    Young just has not been the same player he was in his first season.

Out and out wingers are done imo, the best forward players are a good 3 or 4 inches, sometimes more, smaller than their defensive counterparts and with the increase in organisation of teams in the last few years are finding it harder to not be Allie Teeny Trend up. Players like Nani or Di Maria are the closest thing to an out and out winger that will survive in the game in future imo because they can go both inside and outside. Full backs are the future of wide play and some top teams have been slow to adopt this approach to their detriment.

We're rumoured to be in for Teixeira, I have to say in the games against them I don't remember him one bit for some reason.

WHO? never even heard of him!

Liam O wrote: »
    Out and out wingers are done imo, the best forward players are a good 3 or 4 inches, sometimes more, smaller than their defensive counterparts and with the increase in organisation of teams in the last few years are finding it harder to not be Allie Teeny Trend up. Players like Nani or Di Maria are the closest thing to an out and out winger that will survive in the game in future imo because they can go both inside and outside. Full backs are the future of wide play and some top teams have been slow to adopt this approach to their detriment.

Or they just have the cream of the crop of wingers in their team.

It would be different if we actually had world class wingers starting every week but we don't. And playing hopeful ball after hopeful ball into the box when you have players like RVP and Rooney in the team is just idiotic, in what other team do they have a player of that calibre who's forced to feed off scraps provided by Valencia and Welbeck, Young etc.

It seems United can only attack if it ends with a cross, it's a pretty lazy way to play, not bothered to try and break a team down but play 50/60 balls into the box hoping at least 1 or 2 will pay off. And as we've seen a lot this season when a team defends the wings well we're pretty fcuked as there's no backup plan,

WHO? never even heard of him!

The lad off Shakhtar, I can vaguely remember him now, caused us a few problems but he was basically in a free role in the midfield 3. Probably just another meaningless rumour, it seems Liverpool are interested as well from reading their thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

most reports today now suggest he (Guarin) is off to Chelsea.

Boourns. Unless we get someone excellent in, we'll regret that

Reports that Iniesta agreed a new contract at Barca, at least we don't have to listen to the rumours about him now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

Alex Teixeira, not a bad player at all. Better than what we have but there are plenty I would have ahead of him on a wish list.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Another is Sandro from Porto, he's going to be some player when he makes the step up from them, maybe a better long term option than Baines.

Might say more about you than him :-P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,395 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Or they just have the cream of the crop of wingers in their team.

It would be different if we actually had world class wingers starting every week but we don't. And playing hopeful ball after hopeful ball into the box when you have players like RVP and Rooney in the team is just idiotic, in what other team do they have a player of that calibre who's forced to feed off scraps provided by Valencia and Welbeck, Young etc.

It seems United can only attack if it ends with a cross, it's a pretty lazy way to play, not bothered to try and break a team down but play 50/60 balls into the box hoping at least 1 or 2 will pay off. And as we've seen a lot this season when a team defends the wings well we're pretty fcuked as there's no backup plan,

Barcelona, Bayern, Real, Dortmund, City. None play with hug the line wingers. They have no place in the current game at the highest level imo. You need that inside creativity and interchangeability to break teams down and you still have the full backs if you need width.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

"There are are two Manchester United players who can personally vouch for Alex Teixeira already, have played alongside him years ago.

That would be the Da Silva brothers, Fabio and Rafael.

Teixeira actually played alongside the twins in Brazil's FIFA under-17 World Cup side back in 2007.

They starred as Brazil demolished New Zealand 7-0, and North Korea 6-1 in the group stages.

Fabio and Alex Teixeira scored five goals between them in the easy wins, Fabio netting three and Alex twice. The form was enough to convince United of the talent they saw in Fabio, even if he has been unable to fulfil it since."

• Advertisement

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Might say more about you than him :-P

I know! I don't think he did anything stand out in those matches, probably why I can't remember him much

A few pieces I read said the United players were impressed by him after the games, probably just BS tabloid stuff.

Shakhtar seem to have a decent record of signing Brazilian attacking talent.

Henning Berg new manager of Leiga Warsaw

Henning Berg new manager of Leiga Warsaw

57 days he lasted at Blackburn....wonder how long will he get there? Polish people and patience do not go together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,845 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Polish people and patience do not go together.

Pot kettle

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Trilla wrote: »
    Pot kettle

Homer's half polish, don't ya know!?

lordgoat wrote: »
    Homer's half polish, don't ya know!?

So's my missus! She'd knock him out for saying that. :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Trilla wrote: »
    So's my missus! She'd knock him out for saying that. :-)

And then have 12 vodkas with him. ;)

Gives us all hope

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

"Not anymore he doesn't"...

Brilliant really enjoyed that interview I must say.

• Advertisement

Gives us all hope

Hope that wasn't targetted at me :):p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,501 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

The Gunners are interested in Chico apparently and we could be in for Rakitic and left-back Alberto Moreno in a 65m deal.
    Seven goal midfielder Rakitic has a release clause of €40 million, and the Mirror suggest United are 'possibly' looking at a double-deal to include Spanish left-back Alberto Moreno, whose clause stands at €25 million

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2013/12/18/arsenal-want-to-sign-manchester-united-man/?

Chico's agent says there is a lot of interest but UTD won't sell

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/manchester-united-tell-hernandez-s-agent-they-ve-had-good-offers-

Rooney injury is not serious (groin strain) and he has a chance of facing the hammers, says Moyes.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11667/9079741/wayne-rooney-injury-not-serious-says-david-moyes

we could be in for Rakitic and left-back Alberto Moreno in a 65m deal.

My god, no please no

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

The Gunners are interested in Chico apparently and we could be in for Rakitic and left-back Alberto Moreno in a 6.5m deal.

Fixed.

Rakitic is good and has done pretty well in the La Liga but you have to realise the massive difference between Premier League midfielders time on the ball and their La Liga counterparts. He could easily flop in our league when pressed much quicker and the €40 million is just mental.

And 25m for a left back I've rarely heard of, is he any good? surely we could spend it better. That lad off Porto, Coentrao, Baines..

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Who are here is the city?

• Advertisement

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Who are here is the city?

I'll raise my glass to that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Rakitic is good and has done pretty well in the La Liga but you have to realise the massive difference between Premier League midfielders time on the ball and their La Liga counterparts. He could easily flop in our league when pressed much quicker and the €40 million is just mental.

And 25m for a left back I've rarely heard of, is he any good? surely we could spend it better. That lad off Porto, Coentrao, Baines..

See this is what I don't get. All United fans seem to want new players brought in, it's all everyone talks about. But when we are linked to players around Europe etc all I read is "Ah jaysis not him" or "Please no" or whatever. I've seen it said about Guarin, Everton Ribiero and now Rakitic.

Please trust that Manchester United's scouting system has more knowledge of who could help the team that you do, and don't use "I barely know him" as an reason to wish against a signing. Nobody knew who Vidic was when we signed him, I can only imagine "Ah jaysis know we're signing nobodies from Russia?" posts around the time. I was here when a famous muppet complained about the Chicharito signing and referred to him as "the mexican", the same muppet probably has Chicharito 14 on the back of his shirt now.

Rakitic is a Croatian player who has played well in both Germany and Spain, two very different leagues, the €40m figure quoted is his release clause, it does not mean that is what we will pay should we sign him. We don't know his contract situation and may negotiate a more reasonable price. We also may not be after him at all, this is all from an article that says "United and Liverpool chase ______" which seems to be an annoyingly common article these days.

As for the left back? Spanish U-21? Last time we took a gamble on a young Spanish lad we ended up securing the answer to a problem position for the foreseeable future. Get more Spanish kids involved. And Belgians, more Belgians.

There are a lot of good, young, creative midfielders around Europe and I am happy to see the club linked with exciting players, rather than the same unavailable players every week. I also highly doubt a signing like Rakitic would be our only business, were we to bring a player like him (somewhat a risk with a big upside) along with a marquee signing, it would be fantastic.

Welcome back Mikey.

Knew you still loved and missed us:P

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    I also highly doubt a signing like Rakitic would be our only business, were we to bring a player like him (somewhat a risk with a big upside) along with a marquee signing, it would be fantastic.

I get your point but I don't know why you quoted me, I was merely saying I thought the reported fee for them both was way too high. I went on to say Rakitic is a good player but a risk like you have pointed out. I've rarely said I don't want to sign a player we've been linked with.

And to pick up on that, I never said I didn't want them signed, I was asking if we could do better with the 25m reported for a LB. It is a discussion board after all, I generally have blind faith in the scouts, I couldn't name them all but I trust United to have people on board who will do a good job , that said they are not impeccable, I remember we sent them a few times to watch Strootman and we never jumped on the cheap price PSV were asking and ironically we're being linked with him now from Roma who probably have a price tag on him of multiples what they paid just this year. So on occasion, people on here could have some info that the club have missed or can give a helpful review on a player we're linked with.

Your last point there doesn't make sense to me, I agree bringing in Rakitic and a marquee midfield signing would be immense, but his form, his release clause(merely a guideline I know), and other clubs interested, would mean we'd be seriously lucky to get him for under £30m and I think a marquee signing along with that is a tad unrealistic considering we have to find a LB as well. I suppose time will tell though.

Oh and it's good to see you post again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I get your point but I don't know why you quoted me, I was merely saying I thought the reported fee for them both was way too high. I went on to say Rakitic is a good player but a risk like you have pointed out. I've rarely said I don't want to sign a player we've been linked with.

And to pick up on that, I never said I didn't want them signed, I was asking if we could do better with the 25m reported for a LB. It is a discussion board after all, I generally have blind faith in the scouts, I couldn't name them all but I trust United to have people on board who will do a good job , that said they are not impeccable, I remember we sent them a few times to watch Strootman and we never jumped on the cheap price PSV were asking and ironically we're being linked with him now from Roma who probably have a price tag on him of multiples what they paid just this year. So on occasion, people on here could have some info that the club have missed or can give a helpful review on a player we're linked with.

Your last point there doesn't make sense to me, I agree bringing in Rakitic and a marquee midfield signing would be immense, but his form, his release clause(merely a guideline I know), and other clubs interested, would mean we'd be seriously lucky to get him for under £30m and I think a marquee signing along with that is a tad unrealistic considering we have to find a LB as well. I suppose time will tell though.

Oh and it's good to see you post again
    My god, no please no

Not trying to pick on you, but like, thats what I saw and based my post on.

And thanks, I needed a break and took a break. I won't be as active as I was but I'll chime in here and there.

• Advertisement

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Not trying to pick on you, but like, thats what I saw and based my post on.

And thanks, I needed a break and took a break. I won't be as active as I was but I'll chime in here and there.

In my head that seemed a lot clearer that I meant the price, I can see what you thought.

I know people who aren't happy unless the names linked are Fabregas, Modric etc. so it's a good point.

Good to hear!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

Wayne Rooney is losing his battle to be fit for Manchester United's match against West Ham at Old Trafford on Saturday.
    As the West Ham clash is the first of seven games in 21 days for United, Moyes is expected to err on the side of caution and delay Rooney’s return until the Boxing Day trip to Hull.

With Robin van Persie ruled out for at least three more weeks with a thigh injury, Danny Welbeck is expected to continue in the central striker role with Javier Hernandez in contention to play alongside him.

Telegraph
    Stoke City boss Mark Hughes wants Manchester United babe Nick Powell to put new life into his side.

Hughes is keen to land local lad Powell on loan for the second half of the season and give him Premier League football

Powell grew up in the area and played for Crewe until he headed for Old Trafford two seasons ago.

Now Hughes wants Powell - currently banging in goals on loan at Wigan - and is trying to win the race for his signature next month.

Powell could be recalled by United boss David Moyes who is keen to see him challenged at the top level before deciding on his long-term future.

Moyes has been approached by several clubs after Powell impressed during his spell at Wigan which has a ‘review clause’ coming up.

The Potters would appeal to Moyes and Powell if Hughes is going to use the young attacker who plays in several roles.

Moyes will review all of the options shortly and is to speak to the managers who want Powell to get detailed plans of how they would use him.

Mirror
    Newcastle United are at the front of a 10-club queue to sign Wilfried Zaha on loan in January.

Manchester United manager David Moyes claimed that he is yet to receive a phone call over Zaha, but there is set to be a scramble for the England Under-21 international.

Everton, Stoke City, West Bromwich Albion, West Ham United, Aston Villa, Swansea City and, before owner Vincent Tan’s transfer rant, Cardiff City are among the clubs who have been monitoring Zaha’s situation.

United may well favour sending Zaha to Newcastle, who they believe can take points off their Premier League top-four rivals. Chelsea employed a similar tactic by sending striker Romelu Lukaku to Everton.

Newcastle have to play Manchester City, Chelsea, Tottenham Hotspur, Everton, Arsenal and Liverpool in the new year. Alan Pardew wants to add more attacking options to his squad, as they look to build on a good start, and sees Zaha as the man to provide a new threat.

Everton could be offered Zaha, 21, as part of a United bid for left back Leighton Baines, but the Goodison Park club would have to sign midfielder Gareth Barry permanently to make space for another loan deal. Newcastle and Everton are both above United in the Premier League table, although that could change by the time the transfer window reopens.

Telegraph

It's been good to United in the past, loaned-out players upping their game against United's rivals.
    "When we lost against Everton and the game against Newcastle, it was obvious we looked a little bit worried," said Evra. "The crowd were not happy sometimes. It is not easy for anyone.

"But we play for Manchester United. We have to deal with that because we need them [the supporters]. We have to show them first on the pitch by playing well. If they want to criticise us, we deserve that because when you play for Manchester United, you have to play with the pressure."

Evra and his team-mates have their latest chance to impress United's home support when they take on West Ham on Saturday. Wednesday night's Capital One Cup win at Stoke, in which Evra scored, was United's third victory in succession in all competitions.

"I want to get another unbeaten run going but this time we do not want to slip back again," Evra said. "It is too painful. It is too painful for us, for the staff, for the fans. We have to make sure we keep winning games. We must not slip again because we have already done that too many times.

"I am not looking at the table, I look at the next game which is West Ham at home. Last year we won that kind of game. We have more trouble at Old Trafford. That is where we have to show our character and our personality and play with the Manchester United spirit. Of course we need points. I wouldn't lie and say anything else. I just want to rest and be focused on Saturday. You can talk a lot; what counts is how you act on the pitch."

United's three-game winning streak has come without the concession of a single goal. "The team is really focused on that," Evra said. "We know when we get some clean sheets we can win games. The conditions at Stoke were not easy but you could feel the Manchester United spirit coming back. To win 2-0 at Stoke, it has to be a great performance. Even the players who have not played very often, like Ashley [Young] and Anderson played very well.

"That is the name of the game now. We have to focus only on the present. We do not want to let down the Manchester United fans and the staff and ourselves. When we lost against Everton and Newcastle it was a massive blow but we have reacted well with three wins in a row. We have to make sure we win on Saturday. That is my concern and that is my focus."

Guardian

Anderson played well? That's down right lies Patrice!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

I remember some PL midfielder who moved to La Liga saying it was easier in PL to play in the midfield than in La Liga as they have less time on the ball in La Liga. I think its Fabregas or Modric, not sure who.

Edit:
    Cesc Fabregas has urged Real Madrid to give Gareth Bale time to adapt to Spanish football following his world-record move.
    The Wales international has struggled with injuries since his switch from Tottenham to the Bernabeu and has only been able to start two matches for the club.
    The second of those starts came in Saturday's Clasico against Barcelona, but Bale struggled to make an impact on the game.
    Fabregas believes it is only natural if Bale has been unable to adapt to his new club, but expects him to quickly adjust and start performing well.
    "You need to adapt when you come to this league," he said. "It’s completely different to the Premier League; there’s not that much space and when you get the ball, you have more opponents on you.
    "Tactically, this league is much better than the English one. He needs time.

"It is up to him if he comes through it.He has got a lot of pressure on him – €100m is a massive (fee).
    "But I think when a great player is a great player then he overcomes it and I'm sure he will."
    Since his move from Tottenham at the start of September, Bale has only played 230 minutes for Real in all competitions, with one goal to his name so far.

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/bale-needs-time-adjust-says-fabregas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭Danye

I don't think there is a massive difference between the two leagues with regards to players getting time on the ball. A lot of Spanish teams are playing a high pressing game trying to give the opposition as little time as possible.

IMO La Liga is a lot more tactical than the PL and it gives off the impression that it's slower. That's not to say he might not flop if he did come to us, but it would probably be down to moving to a foreign country, adapting to a different way of life and culture more so than not being able to cope with the footballing demands of the Premiership.
    Giggsy11 wrote: »
    I remember some PL midfielder who moved to La Liga saying it was easier in PL to play in the midfield than in La Liga as they have less time on the ball in La Liga. I think its Fabregas or Modric, not sure who.

Edit:

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/bale-needs-time-adjust-says-fabregas

I think Alonso is also on record for saying this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭ericzeking

First off, I'm very much in the pro-Moyes camp and am an advocate of these players training and working hard for their 100 grand a week but just reading there the reports that Rooneys injury is a groin strain as well (that was one of RVPs injuries too).
    This is just a little concerning given that groin injuries would be one of the injuries most synonomous with over-training and playing, which has been a concern about the place... maybe it was a simple pull or twist and nothing to do with over training but I wouldn't like to see a pattern of alot of these types of injuries.

ericzeking wrote: »
    First off, I'm very much in the pro-Moyes camp and am an advocate of these players training and working hard for their 100 grand a week but just reading there the reports that Rooneys injury is a groin strain as well (that was one of RVPs injuries too).
    This is just a little concerning given that groin injuries would be one of the injuries most synonomous with over-training and playing, which has been a concern about the place... maybe it was a simple pull or twist and nothing to do with over training but I wouldn't like to see a pattern of alot of these types of injuries.

to be honest, this isnt the first time weve had injury problems like this. in fact its the 4th season where injuries have been abnormal, with 2009-2010 being absolutely shocking.

for me, for a club of our size to have this problem popping up again and again, is really concerning. im going through the various coaching badges at the moment and as part of the fitness badges, we had a coach over from the UK and he pretty much said that if players are getting tears and strains, it means the fitness coaches are not doing their job.

i know its not that simple, but there is an element of truth in there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

ericzeking wrote: »

Have you not been around the last few years. We have been riddled with injuries long before Moyes came. I think the backroom staff should be looked at really.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

Rakitic and Moreno would be two very good signing.Moreno is very quick and has recently being called up to Spanish full team. Also the transition from defence to attack is quicker in england as teas are more direct. If anything a midfielder in La Liga will have less time on the ball as more Spanish teams like to press high up the pitch. Gareth Bale has struggled to become involved in the build up play for this reason IMO. Hopefully we can get two centre midfielders in January but one quality midfielder would be a big help.Rakitic or Freddy Guarin could play CL also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

http://www.newstalk.ie/player/podcasts/Off_The_Ball/Off_The_Ball_Highlights/41352/0/raymond_verheijen_interview

interesting interview showing Moyes fitness training to be terrible tbh

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement