Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14 Mod warning post #718

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

TheTownie wrote: »
    Reminds me of a young Anderson. What a waste of immense talent.

Was just thinking the same watching the clip.

After watching that and then reading the report I lol'd at this line

"Kovacic could provide cover or even challenge Tom Cleverley for a starting place in David Moyes' side."

Watching the clip I think it could be Tom that would be providing cover for him :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

would ye be ok with us signing Gundagon with Kagawa going back to Dortumund as part of the deal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

would ye be ok with us signing Gundagon with Kagawa going back to Dortumund as part of the deal?

Yes.

Is it on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Yes but I don't think that's anyway likely to happen at all.

Moyes has said that Fletcher back in the squad has given the entire team a lift, which is great news.

one top signing in january could work wonders also.
    Blatter wrote: »
    Yes but I don't think that's anyway likely to happen at all.

Unlikely perhaps, but it is possible....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

For those that don't know, there is an awesome little youtube channel called Scout Nation that regularly upload compilation videos of the brightest talents in football. They provide stats, transfer value trends, and clips, and they always seem to be months ahead of the hype. There are a number of players United have recently been linked with that have had videos up for months, such as:

Kovacic:

Ander Herrera:

Everton Ribiero:

Remy Cabella:

Koke:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

zerks wrote: »

Just what we need,a midfielder who can actually carry the ball instead of standing still waiting for it & then offloading it as if the thing was on fire.

I posted this some 6 months back about him.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=85478580&postcount=8371

Fantastic young player and would love to see him at United.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Is the match being shown on TV tomorrow?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭statto25

Mars Bar wrote: »

Yep it's on Setanta.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Mars Bar wrote: »

Setanta sports 1:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

OH got me an early Xmas present yesterday. New united home kit. Couldn't be happier. Knew there was a reason i kept her around ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Timmyctc wrote: »
    OH got me an early Xmas present yesterday. New united home kit. Couldn't be happier. Knew there was a reason i kept her around ;)

Full kit? you're not one of those, are you? ;)

Any good at the sandwichs?;)

Full kit? you're not one of those, are you? ;)
    hah yeah of course. Timlin 16 on the back and all. Monogrammed training jacket too :p
    Any good at the sandwichs?;)
    not the worst actually :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭supersean1999

She prob expects à Few diamonds in return 😃

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

MUTV appears to be free view at the moment and United are playing Arsenal in the U-21's at the moment.

Ekangemene is playing for those who want to see him. Janko has just won us a penalty and Cole buries it.

lads,

a heads up....return flights in and out of manchester are €33 for the semi final against Sunderland.

should be a few spare tickets about also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

hah yeah of course. Timlin 16 on the back and all. Monogrammed training jacket too :p

not the worst actually :pac:

Timmy Timlin?....... Tim Tim :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

• Advertisement

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

bFfCwkL.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

If United lose I'm going to start reporting all your posts until you eventually slip up and get banned. :P

If United lose I'm going to start reporting all your posts until you eventually slip up and get banned. :P

All I need to do is post in the Liverpool thread:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

A torrent of abuse coming zerks way if we drop points tomorrow.

J. Marston wrote: »

"In Zerks we trust".:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

"In Zerks we trust".:D

No we don't!!

any predictions on the team?

hopefully Rooney, Hernandez, Kags, Adnan, Fellaini all come in anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Oregano_State

I'd be happier if Rooney didn't play considering he was 'injured' midweek. Yes to the rest though.

Never thought I'd say this again but... If Young plays not unlike the way he played midweek it wouldn't be the worst thing to see him start on the Left. *shudders* I'm resigned to accepting we'll have Val on the right, just as long as Raf is behind him we should be golden.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,399 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

So probably without vidic, nani, Carrick, fellaini, Rooney and Rvp tomorrow.

How about you take a look at the training methods, Dave....

• Advertisement

In Dec 2011 at a stage we had Young, Fletch, Rio, Vida, Rooney, Evans, Jones and Smalling out at once. Hernandez had just recovered from a knock too. MAYBE WE HAVE BAD DECEMBER LUCK??!?!!! Or maybe players get injuries sometimes.

Pretty sure we had an injury Crisis in Dec 09 too actually. Maybe theres clout to what I say.

Boom!

So Clearly its nothing to do with Moyes and everything to do with the month of December.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Other then Fellaini who I dunno what the story is there, obviously this wrist thing is troubling him a lot and that is hardly down to training? and Carrick who has been a freak of nature in relation to injury all the others have a history of injury (RVP) or are becoming more injury prone the older they get (Vidic) Nani was injured a lot last season Rooney is frequently having strains or little injuries his whole career too.

The urge to blame Moyes runs high of course, but to lay the blame for the squads injury troubles at his door is to ignore the frequent injuries the squad has had to deal with the last few seasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

That's not an injury crisis, a defence of Fletcher, Carrick and De Laet is an injury crisis

kryogen wrote: »
    Other then Fellaini who I dunno what the story is there, obviously this wrist thing is troubling him a lot and that is hardly down to training? and Carrick who has been a freak of nature in relation to injury all the others have a history of injury (RVP) or are becoming more injury prone the older they get (Vidic) Nani was injured a lot last season Rooney is frequently having strains or little injuries his whole career too.

The urge to blame Moyes runs high of course, but to lay the blame for the squads injury troubles at his door is to ignore the frequent injuries the squad has had to deal with the last few seasons.

90% of Carrick's career injuries have been achillies/ankle injuries. Its not that unusual he got injured. Vida is always injured. Roo rarely has an injury free season either.

We knew the wrist was gonna keep him out for a long time after he had the surgery

90% of Carrick's career injuries have been achillies/ankle injuries. Its not that unusual he got injured. Vida is always injured. Roo rarely has an injury free season either.

Are you just kinda repeating what I said in a less detailed way? :)

Are you just kinda repeating what I said in a less detailed way? :)

quoted your post by accident. too lazy to edit :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭case885

Not only is he a average player hes made of glass too, 27 million well spent anyway :rolleyes:

case885 wrote: »
    Not only is he a average player hes made of glass too, 27 million well spent anyway :rolleyes:

He is clearly an above average player

No evidence to suggest he is injury prone either

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

You all had one job, and that was to prevent zerks from starting a PL match thread.. One job

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Someone posted this on Redcafe...
    @steryder74
    Follow
    Squad for tomorrow: Johnstone, Dave, Evra, Jones, Smalling, Evans, Büttner, Adnan, Tony V, Fletcher, Giggs, Clev, Zaha, Young, Kagawa, Hernandez and Welbeck.

Not confirmed or anything but apparently the guy who tweeted that was outside the team hotel.

If that is the squad, then I'm seriously worried. No Rooney, Van Persie, Carrick or Rafael = dropped points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Someone posted this on Redcafe...

Not confirmed or anything but apparently the guy who tweeted that was outside the team hotel.

If that is the squad, then I'm seriously worried. No Rooney, Van Persie, Carrick or Rafael = dropped points.

Chicharito and Welbeck up front together will cause West Ham problems like Stoke midweek.

I imagine we will set up like:

DDG
    Rafael-Jones-Evans-Evra
    Cleverley-Giggs
    Valencia
    Kagawa
    ---Hernandez-Welbeck

West Ham don't score goals, they have no striker. That is what I think is our best back 4 at the moment and we are coming off 3 clean sheets on the bounce, I am confident the above team, or something similar too it, can get the win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

The only player I fear from West Ham is Ravel. We should be beating them comfortably.

I don't mind no Roo and no RVP as long as we go with two up front of Welbz ans Chicha. Neither can play the lone striker role and they work fine together in tandem.

If that squad is accurate Im worried about Raf, he is such an important player for the team. Without him the right hand side (since we are stuck with Tony the Tiger) is woefully poor going forward

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Lads West Ham are poor should be beating them at home even missing a few players.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,608 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Lads West Ham are poor should be beating them at home even missing a few players.

A lot of things "SHOULD" be happening this year and are not.

A lot of things "SHOULD" be happening this year and are not.

Fair enough but West Ham are awful and we seem to be coming into a bit of form so i am very confident. Is the game on tv today lads?

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Fair enough but West Ham are awful and we seem to be coming into a bit of form so i am very confident. Is the game on tv today lads?

Setanta

• Advertisement

Setanta

Are you still down in Reveloution? Doing that 12 pubs of Christmas thing later so you will probably be throwing me out.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement