Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14 Mod warning post #718

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,661 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

kryogen wrote: »
    Of course, we have been through too much to let it all slip away

You still upset about Welbeck starting or have you mellowed a bit now he scored (and we are playing well offensively)

why do you think I betted on him :P

reverse psychology my friend, reverse psychology.

szydZOO.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Not bad, best price I can get elsewhere is 11/10

How much will you allow?

100 max.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭nostrils

United defence looking more solid with Ferdinand and Vidic not in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Headshot wrote: »
    why do you think I betted on him :P

reverse psychology my friend, reverse psychology.

szydZOO.png

Nice one :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Looking good today :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Headshot wrote: »
    Since Chico has come to the club he has shown why he is the better player, welbeck so far is the definition of one swallow never makes a summer. If he keeps scoring of course ill change my mind but right now I rather seeing a proven goal scorer like Chico starting.

I feel sorry for Chico since the fans seen to forget what he has done for the club so far and they rather have a player who come on has scored **** all in his utd career. Welbeck has never even got into double figures

Don't think any fans have forgot about him and most people would agree he needs to play more.

Chica has been effected by are awful midfield ,when he's played this year hes had very poor service for a goalscorer.

He's probably the best poacher in the league but Welbz overall game is a bit better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

What a difference the return of Rafa has made. Tony always has him on his shoulder for an out ball.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Smalling needs to be first choice now imo. The guy is a beast, very good at passing for a CB too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I'd love to see Smalling's stats in aerial duels

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Has a chance of dislodging Jagielka / Cahill for the world cup on this form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Smalling been best prospect at this club for 3 seasons now. Great bit of stuff

Mars Bar wrote: »
    I'd love to see Smalling's stats in aerial duels

Just found them
    Headers:

Smalling - win
    Opponents - lose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

*** 49% in premier league* so *not *entirely *accurate***

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Welbeck limps off and Hernandez comes on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Moyes curse takes another victim

• Advertisement

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Welbeck limps off and Hernandez comes on.

Perfect game for Chicha to find a bit of form

Januzaj makes way for Young.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Great finish

Would love Chico too get 1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

I'm sorry but who's the imposter playing in 18 for United? Surely it's not Young.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Buttner on the pitch for seconds and costs us a goal.

Moyes is an idiot for not using Fabio.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

J. Marston wrote: »
    Buttner on the pitch for seconds and costs us a goal.

Moyes is an idiot for not using Fabio.

Perhaps this will open his eyes.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,608 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Nice to get another win on the board, and nice that this "Easy" run of games is actually turning out to be pretty "easy". I do worry a bigger team will cause us problems, but these games build confidence and momentum, and seeing Welbeck and Young scoring again is great.

All the extra training is paying off eh ;)

Buttner is now on the list "January Sales" instead of Young. For now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,845 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

absolute clueless clown for the goal

285510.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Linked with 2 Italian teams today pretty certain to leave https://twitter.com/jouracule/status/414363860699975680

Delighted with today missed 20 mins of the start of the 2nd half but from what ive seen it was good, hopefully Moyes late bloomers kick on from here.

Jones again was unreal:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Is Fabio injured or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Zico

Playing Rooney in midfield is like loaning a player from a bigger club, he may do great a job but you need to find a permanent solution fast because you won't have him there for long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

For those of you who doubted me for starting the match thread,

LXkZUhv.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭n32

Good positive performance today and for a change it wasnt a chore to watch. Its been a very good 10 days with 4 wins on the trot. Jones and Rooney were outstanding today. Jones has come on no end as a midfielder. He has the defensive instinct to smell trouble and drop back to lend a hand to the CBs. Evans and Smalling are looking like a very accomplished partnership. We should go all out for Luke Shaw and we would have an exciting, young back 4 of Rafael - Evans - Smalling - Shaw. We would be well set with them and DDG behind them.
    Cleverley, Young and Welbeck have shown enough in the last few games to buy them a bit more time. Welbeck especially has to persevered with because if he sorts out his shooting he could be a fine player.
    2 more wins before the New Year and we ll be nicely placed. For all the talk of Liverpool and Arsenal having made great starts, we ve been absolutely melojin so far and we re only 8 points off them. We aint gone yet!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭ericzeking

Zico wrote: »
    Playing Rooney in midfield is like loaning a player from a bigger club, he may do great a job but you need to find a permanent solution fast because you won't have him there for long.

He's playing the number 10 position as an attacking midfield number 10 instead of as the withdrawn striker role he was playing earlier in the season, it has made a massive difference to the teams performance in recent games he is absolutely lording it in this role and is bringing the best out of the players around him. He gives Clev and Jones an option they haven't had.

This is directly related to why people wanted Kagawa playing at 10...but with Rooney playing like this Kags won't get a look in.

Thought we were really good today, enjoyed it immensely.

Didn't Fergie try this business of having Rooney in midfield and it kicked off the whole transfer saga?

ericzeking wrote: »
    This is directly related to why people wanted Kagawa playing at 10...but with Rooney playing like this Kags won't get a look in.

If thats the case should we be offering Kagawa to Dortmund to lure Gundogan or Bender?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭MANUTD99

ericzeking wrote: »
    He's playing the number 10 position as an attacking midfield number 10 instead of as the withdrawn striker role he was playing earlier in the season, it has made a massive difference to the teams performance in recent games he is absolutely lording it in this role and is bringing the best out of the players around him. He gives Clev and Jones an option they haven't had.

Thought we were really good today, enjoyed it immensely.

Have to agree. He is getting so much of the ball and dictating the game in the role he is playing at the minute. Would be surprised if he is not happy in current role. Has so much influence on the game. Thought he was a bit sloppy with his passing today though.

In Rafa Benitez stlye

Jones was immense today FACT Rafael was great going forward FACT De Gea is not afraid anymore with high balls and even injures his own players FACT Smalling is the new Scholes FACT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭Harvey Low Fat Milk

The team is looking a lot more settled lately and I think Moyes is too as a result. He seems to be getting to know the team more game by game. There are still problems obviously and as good as he was today, Jones is a centre half and a potentially excellent one as well and Rooney dropping back is great but to finally see someone come in there and alleviate the pressure from Rooney, Carrick to create so much and give Jones a more fixed role in the team can't be underestimated.

I know the hype and pressure around someone like Kovacic, Rakitic, Herrera etc coming in would be big but patience is something I like to think United fans have shown in the past and have shown it this season. The team and club has plenty there for Moyes and the players he chooses to bring in to succeed. Goals are being spread around the team, conceding less and there's a more consistent and coherent style coming in over the last few weeks. I like to be positive about United at most times but this is the most positive I've been all season, long may it continue!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,993 ✭✭✭paulbok

Just seen Powells goal for Wigan on SSN, very Scholes-esque.

paulbok wrote: »
    Just seen Powells goal for Wigan on SSN, very Scholes-esque.

That loan move has been great for him, hopefully he'll get a similar loan move next season but to a premier league team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,395 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

I still think that Cleverley is being hung out to dry a bit. He was up against 3 players for a long time today and until Januzaj started cutting inside and Rooney dropped back the team seemed to be in a 3-2(wing backs)-1(Clev)-2(wingers) -1-1 formation. When Rooney dropped back to become involved and Adnan moved inside it made all the difference as there was a lot more help and the team reaped the benefits. Great to see a bit more fluidity and I feel the team has been far too rigid recently and the improvement as the game went on was very encouraging.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

That loan move has been great for him, hopefully he'll get a similar loan move next season but to a premier league team.

I want him at United next year personally, I think but for injuries last year he'd be in and around the squad this year like Jan is.

• Advertisement

I want him at United next year personally, I think but for injuries last year he'd be in and around the squad this year like Jan is.

He's talented and I wouldn't be against it but I think if the option to have him playing regularly at premier league team comes up then United should take it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

6 points by this time next week and things will look much better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

He's talented and I wouldn't be against it but I think if the option to have him playing regularly at premier league team comes up then United should take it.

Depends on the summer business aswell, if we bulk up the midfield then I wouldn't be against him going on loan to a PL club .

I would bet he will go to a Premier League team in January if possible, then see what happens

I would bet he will go to a Premier League team in January if possible, then see what happens

somewhere like sunderland, villa or west brom in january would be a big benefit to him.

n32 wrote: »
    somewhere like sunderland, villa or west brom in january would be a big benefit to him.

Somewhere he would play regularly and preferably not a team in a real relegation dogfight, Bruce might be interested?

The main thing is playing every week, a side that tries to play good football second and if they could be not involved in a relegation battle that would be perfect :)

Ill take one out of three though as long as its the first one

• Advertisement

Somewhere he would play regularly and preferably not a team in a real relegation dogfight, Bruce might be interested?

The main thing is playing every week, a side that tries to play good football second and if they could be not involved in a relegation battle that would be perfect :)

Hull could be a good bet aswell. Bruce has them playing well

If there's interest then take it. I imagine Wigan will extend otherwise. It's just good to see, down the years I've been frustrated by the likes of Rossi on loan and Fabio last year. Although it always depends on the situation of the club they're being sent to I suppose. Welbeck and Cleverley being examples of what a good loan move can do for a player.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,501 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

@AndyMitten Moyes: "We’ll look, but I’m not massively sure we’ll bring someone in. A lot of the players we’re looking at won’t be available in Jan."

https://twitter.com/AndyMitten/status/414447746498584577

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,661 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Its a creative version of no value in the market window :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

as long as he is playing every week a relegation battle wouldnt do him any harm. at least would be playing games that mean something and not just mid table bordom

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement