Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14 Mod warning post #718

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

City over Liverpool if I had to chose. Pool winning it would be my worst nightmare. It would get them back to within one league title of us. The pool fans I find unbearable boasts. Even when they haven't won it for 25+ years we always hear about the history and five european cups.

As annoying as City are starting to get with their billions etc they have a long way to go before they get as annoying as the Pool fans.

Sounds like you have a fair idea how Liverpool fans feel about your lot as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Arsenal for me. Aftet that I hate for any of other 3 to win it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Arsenal for me too , Liverpool would be a disaster. I'm pretty confident pool won't win it their not a great side it's just the obvious stand out player they have but they'll buckle against the big boys they've already lost against arsenal and even united in the carling cup when they fielded their 1st team against a weakened united side.

Pool will buckle , my money's on city though after spending nearly another 100 million they've bought it again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Arsenal for me too , Liverpool would be a disaster. I'm pretty confident pool won't win it their not a great side it's just the obvious stand out player they have but they'll buckle against the big boys they've already lost against arsenal and even united in the carling cup when they fielded their 1st team against a weakened united side.

Pool will buckle , my money's on city though after spending nearly another 100 million they've bought it again.

But yet when we played you in the league at Anfield with both teams having a first 11 we beat you's . Actually we didn't even have a full strength squad that day as we had no Suarez on the pitch . Also buckling against the big boys ? 5-0 against spurs . You's only managed a draw . The league table doesn't lie and Liverpool are in the position because they have earned it .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Arsenal will go through their annual self combustion at some stage

The league is pretty impossible to call, although if City can keep the spine of their team Kompany, Yaya, Silva and Aguero fit I think whoever finishes above them will win the league.

IMO we're still 2 or 3 first 11 players off finishing ahead of a fully fit City team.

It's really important we don't fall further behind in this transfer window, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea and even City could make some solid buys further bolstering their squads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

But yet when we played you in the league at Anfield with both teams having a first 11 we beat you's . Actually we didn't even have a full strength squad that day as we had no Suarez on the pitch . Also buckling against the big boys ? 5-0 against spurs . You's only managed a draw . The league table doesn't lie and Liverpool are in the position because they have earned it .

united didnt actually have a full strength team either. didnt have rooney would compare to not having suarez. the game was awful and neither team played well so i wouldnt gloat too much about it. good luck keeping up yer league form when suarez does something nuts again and gets banned for 10 games hes due this years insanity ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

Liverpool's first 11 is incredibly average with the exception of Suarez but the togetherness that they have is just insane. Its gonna be tight but I just can't see United finishing ahead of them.

bullvine wrote: »
    Liverpool's first 11 is incredibly average with the exception of Suarez but the togetherness that they have is just insane. Its gonna be tight but I just can't see United finishing ahead of them.

I think it could well come down to Utd and Liverpool for 4th. I'd say the mods are looking forward to it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

rarnes1 wrote: »
    I think it could well come down to Utd and Liverpool for 4th. I'd say the mods are looking forward to it!

It'll just up my ban count, I'm all for it. :)

GavRedKing wrote: »
    It'll just up my ban count, I'm all for it. :)

Especially if Chelsea are in 6th....

/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

I know whats gonna happen... The top 4 will be Chelsea, Arse, United and Liverpool, The Champions league final will be United V City, who do Liverpool fans cheers for? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

5starpool wrote: »
    Sounds like you have a fair idea how Liverpool fans feel about your lot as well.

It works both ways of course. Although I'm not sure I'd talk as much about history after a baron league decade or two.

I know whats gonna happen... The top 4 will be Chelsea, Arse, United and Liverpool, The Champions league final will be United V City, who do Liverpool fans cheers for? :D

Utd from behind the couch!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Especially if Chelsea are in 6th....

/

Last time we finished 6th in the league it was a good year in Europe, I'll take that again mate. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Probably prefer City to win it myself. I'm not from Manchester so the local rival thing is irrelevant to me and I won't have to listen to any gloating from City fans because I don't know any.
    Plenty of Arsenal and Chelsea fans about and while I'd probably prefer it to be Arsenal at this minute I know I'd regret that if they did win. You can already see the change in the Arsenal fans on this site after a good start, never mind winning the thing :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

I wouldn't say their first 11 is incredibly average without Suarez. Mignolet, Sakho, Coutinho and Sturridge are fine players. Henderson is looking VERY good now, Agger is a very good player but isn't really fitting into their team atm with Sakho being a left sided CB as well. Gerrard has waned but still has something to offer. Allen, Lucas, Enrique and Johnson are decent and Sterling has a lot of potential.

They are not as good individually as United nor do they have as much depth, but they are playing much better as a team which is most important. No European distraction is a huge bonus for them as well.

Realistically, either United have to improve a lot or Liverpool will have to decline a fair bit for us to finish ahead of them. As it stands, I'd definitely project Liverpool to finish ahead but of course that can change.

The difference is Rodgers has got his tactics spot on almost every game this season, deserves a lot of the credit. Even without Suarez they looked good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭fatherted1969

If utd don't win it then anyone but Liverpool

That is all

• Advertisement

I thought they were awful against us at Anfield.

They have come on heaps since.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I've actually changed my mind on wanting Arsenal to win it if (when) we don't. My order of preference now would be City, Arsenal, Chelsea and anyone but Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

I thought they were awful against us at Anfield.

They have come on heaps since.

I do agree with you on that . You look at the first 3 games of the season we grinded out wins when we could have lost all 3 of those games .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Moyes seems to be dealing with the media a little better lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Sigh...Moyes on about hoping players on loan will come back and help.....We need signings!!

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Sigh...Moyes on about hoping players on loan will come back and help.....We need signings!!

But also saying they're trying to make signings in the upcoming window!
    To be honest I'd prefer he leave the loans where they are, the likes of Powell for instance who's playing regularly would probably only get 2-3 games, not even full ones, if recalled. He's been struggling to give Zaha a chance despite the relatively poor performances we've seen from our wingers this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

kryogen wrote: »
    Rode is alright, decent player, but wouldn't you rather get someone with a bit of creativity?

Yes, I would. And he and Rode could play with Carrick in a proper and perfectly balanced midfield 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭TheRedDevil10

Can someone explain to me what is wrong with Fellaini's wrist ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Oregano_State

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Yes, I would. And he and Rode could play with Carrick in a proper and perfectly balanced midfield 3.

Sorry now if it's already been said but that's a great name for a player, I'd nearly advocate buying him for the potential lolz alone.
    I think we need to get Rode in our midfield..

etc etc

I'll get my coat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Just getting around to watching Best of Enemies now. Man Keane seems really bitter towards SAF, shockingly so. You would think 8 years would be enough to mellow things, but if anything he seems more angry.

On the other hand, it was gas when he was picking his best XI and Vieira says "It's really hard to choose", Keane says "Yeah really hard. Maybe that's why I'm not a manager."

Ferguson let himself down too. Was disappointed with the book.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Oregano_State

Ferguson let himself down too. Was disappointed with the book.

Yeah Fergie comes across like a bitter old fart in the book imo. I think Keane was/is genuinely surprised he said some of the things he did about him and others.

Obviously Keane is no angel himself but I think Fergie's reputation as a man has suffered a little because of that book. Maybe it's that uncompromising quality that made such a great football manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

It really annoys me I spent €10 on the book. I thought it'd be juicy and interesting. Feckin' namedropping and disjointed paragraphs everywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Just getting around to watching Best of Enemies now. Man Keane seems really bitter towards SAF, shockingly so. You would think 8 years would be enough to mellow things, but if anything he seems more angry.

On the other hand, it was gas when he was picking his best XI and Vieira says "It's really hard to choose", Keane says "Yeah really hard. Maybe that's why I'm not a manager."

The Keane/Fergie thing has gathered pace in the last few months not cooled off with the release of Fergies book and some comments in that Keane didn't take kindly too.

As I have said before, neither man hides his bitterness for the other very well.

Great little doc though, some very funny moments in it and nice to see the mutual respect they have for each other. They were proper leaders, not to many of them in the game anymore, in England anyway

• Advertisement

Mars Bar wrote: »
    It really annoys me I spent €10 on the book. I thought it'd be juicy and interesting. Feckin' namedropping and disjointed paragraphs everywhere.

I downloaded it and I feel cheated

The book was just Fergie tying up loose ends so he could retire happily.

The book was just Fergie tying up loose ends so he could retire happily.

There was no need for a lot of what he said in that book. He can do what he likes obviously, but he let himself down there imo.

I love that bit near end of Doc where Keane is waiting down tunnel and Viera comes down and they dont look at each other just both of them giggle.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Sacramento wrote: »
    But also saying they're trying to make signings in the upcoming window!
    To be honest I'd prefer he leave the loans where they are, the likes of Powell for instance who's playing regularly would probably only get 2-3 games, not even full ones, if recalled. He's been struggling to give Zaha a chance despite the relatively poor performances we've seen from our wingers this season.

Powell missed a lot of time through injury last season, it might be better for him to play less in the second half of this season as not to suffer burn out.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

I just used this book to smack a skanger in the nose because he was trying to rob me.

9780340919392.jpg

Team had their christmas bash

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭s8n

Who's wearing glasses in the middle ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Looks a bit like Nick Powell??

Looks like that guy off of the xfactor can't think of his name

The one that had a twitter row with Frankie Boyle

James McCarthur or something, squinty eyed pouting gob****e, Evans should have slapped for touching him.

He aint no Stone Roses

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Team had their christmas bash

Poor Rooney, looks a sore bump :(

James McCarthur or something, squinty eyed pouting gob****e, Evans should have slapped for touching him.

The Christmas spirit is alive and well :pac:

The Christmas spirit is alive and well :pac:

Ah he annoys me if he wasnt famous the ladies wouldnt touch him ...... I need to be famous :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement