Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14 Mod warning post #718

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,474 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Poor Rooney, looks a sore bump :(

Comedy spotters badge.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

pool top of the league now and UTD in 8th.

Its opposites land.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

pool top of the league now and UTD in 8th.

Its opposites land.

Still baffles me how we are only 8 points behind them. Not too impressed with what Jose is doing with Chelsea

The sheer amount of Liverpool fans posting screenshots of the league table on my Facebook feed.. As mentioned earlier, anyone but them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

RasTa wrote: »
    Still baffles me how we are only 8 points behind them. Not too impressed with what Jose is doing with Chelsea

Played us & parked the bus,did the exact same thing tonight.Arsenal had 1 shot on target against them and Chelsea showed their ambition by playing Torres as a lone striker then taking him off to bring on Luiz late on.It's just functional football they are playing but somehow are in 4th place.I can see Jose leaving again if things don't go to plan.
    With the teams ahead of us taking points off each other and having to play each other over this Xmas period,we are in with a real chance to make a nice jump up the league.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

I could get used to this "anyone but pool" stuff, at least it's not anyone but Man U anymore. :pac:

Sacramento wrote: »
    The sheer amount of Liverpool fans posting screenshots of the league table on my Facebook feed.. As mentioned earlier, anyone but them.

Wait until May,leagues aren't won in December.It's so long since they won the thing they've lost sight of that fact.

zerks wrote: »
    Wait until May,leagues aren't won in December.It's so long since they won the thing they've lost sight of that fact.

That's my point though! Why the hell are they posting it after 17 games? It's not even the last game of the year or anything!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Best result for United in tonight's game though, even if Liverpool going top does leave a bad taste in the mouth. Let them enjoy it while they can.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,677 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Best result for United in tonight's game though, even if Liverpool going top does leave a bad taste in the mouth. Let them enjoy it while they can.

Seriously, there is not a Liverpool fan over the age of 12 who seriously believes being top at Christmas means anything other than a significant improvement over this time last year. (At least not one over 12 with a brain.)

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,607 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Sacramento wrote: »
    That's my point though! Why the hell are they posting it after 17 games? It's not even the last game of the year or anything!

Presumably cause they know it won't last that long. :P

stewiebeingscared.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,660 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

ABU now have turned into ABL

what a weird world we live in

Neville and Carragher going at it again.

Third time Liverpool has been top of the PL table at Christmas. The last two times was 96 and 08. Winner both times: Manchester United.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Neville and Carragher going at it again.
    what about this time?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Seriously, there is not a Liverpool fan over the age of 12 who seriously believes being top at Christmas means anything other than a significant improvement over this time last year. (At least not one over 12 with a brain.)

I wasn't having a go at anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

8 points off top of the table which is Liverpool..

Surely two wins out of two and a win against Spurs will see us restored as serious title contenders?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

K4t wrote: »

Surely two wins out of two and a win against Spurs will see us restored as serious title contenders?
    Yeah if the current top 5 keep drawing with each other (Liverpool v Chelsea/City) ... and we get our back teeth back and start putting teams to the sword over the next few games then it really is game on and we could be very close to the top again within weeks ... we also have to remember our last 8 games of the season are very winnable - a direct result or the front loading of harder fixtures already played.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

My one hope for the next month is no defeats and as many wins as possible and maybe just maybe a good January signing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,677 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I wasn't having a go at anyone?

Yeah, I know, but just pointing out: this idea that Liverpool fans think it means something is dilusional.

• Advertisement

irishfeen wrote: »
    Yeah if the current top 5 keep drawing with each other (Liverpool v Chelsea/City) ... and we get our back teeth back and start putting teams to the sword over the next few games then it really is game on and we could be very close to the top again within weeks ... we also have to remember our last 8 games of the season are very winnable - a direct result or the front loading of harder fixtures already played.
    GSPfan wrote: »
    My one hope for the next month is no defeats and as many wins as possible and maybe just maybe a good January signing.
    It's on!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Yeah, I know, but just pointing out: this idea that Liverpool fans think it means something is dilusional.

Liverpool fans have been delusional for the past 20 years,

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

It's on!
    For some reason i'm in a very positive mood this evening - when we have Carrick and RVP back fighting fit then I honestly think we will give it a good go ... no more fannying around and putting inferior sides away to return to our natural PL position.

In Moyes we trust! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Headshot wrote: »
    ABU now have turned into ABL

what a weird world we live in

and we've achieved fúck all yet.

the screenshots are harmless tbh. there's so many because the fans don't actually believe the position they're in. there's a definite case of enjoying it while it lasts. it's been a tough few years and the highs at the moment are being clung to.

City would need to be horrendously mismanaged for them not to win the thing anyway tbh. Chelsea not being top 2 would be a failure with that squad too, especially with Utd's problems.

Liverpool need a miracle to finish 1st so you can all relax. I'm sure you've all gloated a lot worse over the last 26 years compared to some silly Christmas table screenshots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Utd won't be title contenders this season.

adox wrote: »
    Utd won't be title contenders this season.
    Ok thanks :(

Timmyctc wrote: »
    what about this time?

A few things. Whether Mikels tackle was a red or not. Young player, team and manager of the season so far.

Neville claimed a win for "common sense" when he won the poll on twitter as to Mikels card not being a red. Carragher said "Neville being biased as usual towards english players on MON since he got the england assistants job" over Nevilles team of the season selection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

great result for us tonight...that 15 point deficit were were looking at a few weeks back is much more pleasing now, 7 points dropped from Arsenal in 2 weeks is great for us, though of course there is a long way to the top just yet.
    zerks wrote: »
    Wait until May,leagues aren't won in December..

yes of course, but they certainly can be lost in December and right now, we are only barely hanging in there. interestingly enough, we have gone from 25/1 to 16/1 now for the league.

given the way the fixtures are panning out, Everton have 2 home games and have a good a chance as anybody of being top, if they win both of those for new year. what odds would you have gotten on that a few months back?

its scary how much they have progressed since Moyes left.

would that not be 3 hopes no!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Mikel's tackle never a red imo, Mikel actually got the ball first at the VERY very most it was a yellow for the studs up way he tackled and The same could be said of Arteta who went studs up and was last to the ball. (refer them to Giggs way of tackling :p pure class)

Watching it on American channel and it was all they fecking talked about from about half time when the game looked liked being played out to a 0-0. Every tackle was referred too Mikels' and it doesn't match up too Mikels' tackle.

Tell's a lot about the match, Jose knows how **** his team is against the better teams which is pretty telling, he played the same tactics against us and Moyes was scared too go after a result for much of the game. Chelsea game and Liverpool games really bug me more then any we have have dropped points too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

No hopes so :P

Ha ha ha. Yes it would.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,756 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Fixed your post there.

But Santa is based on Santa Nicholas or St Nicholas, a bishop from Turkey who wore red and gave presents at Christmas.
    There was a great headline - Santa Claus buried in Ireland, the body of St Nicholas is said to be buried in Kilkenny near Jerpoint, his body was brought here as it was seen as a safe haven from the muslims at that time.
    Just hope for some United wins from St Nick.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Liverpool fans have been delusional for the past 20 years,

That's kind of my point: with one or two exceptions in the middle of the benitez years, most years Liverpool fans knew exactly where they stood. The idea that we really think we can win the league is a myth, and if we don't , we;ll be slagged off with this "our year" crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

A few things. Whether Mikels tackle was a red or not. Young player, team and manager of the season so far.

Neville claimed a win for "common sense" when he won the poll on twitter as to Mikels card not being a red. Carragher said "Neville being biased as usual towards english players on MON since he got the england assistants job" over Nevilles team of the season selection.

Any links to who Neville chose for player/manager/team?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,396 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Any links to who Neville chose for player/manager/team?

Suarez and Rodgers.

Both Carragher's and Neville's teams are in the team of the season thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

I'd love a signing in January that makes other teams players and fans go " oh fcuk"

That would really be great

Not in a nutjob kind of way, talented

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Finally watched the game against West Ham. Rooney dropping deep is making all the difference. Cleverley all of a sudden looks completely different player making some very good passes and runs into the box, Jones was fantastic as usual. Rooney dropping deep is making our other midfielders comfortable, he is available for pass always and plays some excellent passes out wide.

Having Rafael back and Rooney dropping deeper has helped us a lot. We should sign a midfielder who can makes us to push Rooney bit higher up the pitch.

Very pleased with the performance. After reading so much about Buttner I thought he made worst blunder ever but it was a simple mistake but after that he made some excellent forward runs. On another day maybe he would have scored a goal.

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Finally watched the game against West Ham. Rooney dropping deep is making all the difference. Cleverley all of a sudden looks completely different player making some very good passes and runs into the box, Jones was fantastic as usual. Rooney dropping deep is making our other midfielders comfortable, he is available for pass always and plays some excellent passes out wide.

Having Rafael back and Rooney dropping deeper has helped us a lot. We should sign a midfielder who can makes us to push Rooney bit higher up the pitch.

Very pleased with the performance. After reading so much about Buttner I thought he made worst blunder ever but it was a simple mistake but after that he made some excellent forward runs. On another day maybe he would have scored a goal.

Rooney dropping in there gives us the one thing that's been missing a lot of the time - movement.

• Advertisement

This morning brings lovely comments from Roberto Martinez that Ross Barkley wont be sold in January, not even for Gareth Bale type money.

First of all, who is he kidding? Everton would never ever turn down Gareth Bale type money.

Secondly, that goes to show how much they will want realistically for him. They will want massive money (30million).

None of this matters cause I wouldnt expect United to want him in january. But Summer bids for him are certain to come in from a few teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Buttner has the positional sense of a conference player. He should be nowhere near lb but amazed he has not got a chance on the wing he is good going forward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭Corvo

Loving the new Janujaz song....

http://youtu.be/Wh6PwL0JMks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

This morning brings lovely comments from Roberto Martinez that Ross Barkley wont be sold in January, not even for Gareth Bale type money.

First of all, who is he kidding? Everton would never ever turn down Gareth Bale type money.

Secondly, that goes to show how much they will want realistically for him. They will want massive money (30million).

None of this matters cause I wouldnt expect United to want him in january. But Summer bids for him are certain to come in from a few teams.

He has serious potential but for the money he would cost i would rather look elsewhere. Pogba is better but unlikely he would come back. Morisson is performing about the same standard as Barkley he would cost a fraction of him but their are question marks over his off field behavior. Gundogan would cost a similar amount and is twice the player. If we are going to make a big signing in the summer i will be annoyed if it is Barkley.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

Give Barkley at least the rest of the season (and possibly the WC) before people start putting ridiculous valuations on him. He looks a good prospect, but at the minute thats all he is. He's being way overhyped because he's English.

KH25 wrote: »
    Give Barkley at least the rest of the season (and possibly the WC) before people start putting ridiculous valuations on him. He looks a good prospect, but at the minute thats all he is. He's being way overhyped because he's English.

People will soon be quoting Ozil and Fabregas type money for him. Ridiculous.

The lads looks a decent prospect atm but that's all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭Corvo

KH25 wrote: »

He's this seasons Gascoigne lad :)

Carrick back in training and inline for inclusion this week - welcome addition if he does get a run out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Well its that time of year again :) not long now until the excitement commences........Transfer window time!!!!!

RVP back in training now also....would be great to have him back for Spurs.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Well its that time of year again :) not long now until the excitement commences........Transfer window time!!!!!

A month of rumours of new signings and end up signing Glenn Whelan :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement