Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14 Mod warning post #718

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Kagawa is beating Belgium 3-1

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

at the same time, you repeating lazy excuses others don't buy as if they have to be considered utterly legitimate reasons and not stupid at all, is annoying too.

Another thing - we get it - you only believe what the club and players officially state in public. Fair enough. Others believe footballers and football clubs lie all the time as it benefits them.

More blinkered and abrasive replies

And which excuses are these? Thiago saying that Pep spoke to him and told him he wanted to take him to Bayern or Cesc saying himself he didn't want to move and Barca officails saying they did want to sell him.

Yes ignore all that hearsay form unrelaible sources aka the horses mouth and go with your me mate told me.

What sources as good as those have you offered? None, absolutley none. Your still bitter over the summer. You need to move on and stop acting like a rival fan and insulting our manager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,381 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

So why should we believe any information that journalists get second hand from these lying clubs?

same as with the stuff they say publicly. You weigh it against other information you get from other sources.

United said they wouldn't sell Ronaldo to Madrid. It has later transpired we had agreed to sell him, but were getting one last season out of him. We lied at the time to protect the reputation of the club.

Look at City and Balotelli - in public they were saying he would be given more chances because he talent warranted it and because he was a nice guy. In the background they were doing everything they could to sell him. They lied because publicly saying they wanted shot of him would be freaking stupid.

United said they were never going to sell Rooney, and Rooney says all he has been doing since the summer started was concentrating on football. You think there was no chance United would have sold to Madrid or PSG if a bid had come in, or Rooney wasn't looking to leave? United and Rooney were lying, to varying degrees and reasons, because it suited the public image they needed.

Players lie as required, manager lie as required, club officials lie as required. Its the same as politics - lies are told ALL the time because the public perception is what matters more than the reality most people are oblivious to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

with Evra and Nani about to join the others, am i right in saying this will be one of the busiest world cups ever for United players as by my reckoning we will have at least 12 players there with potential for up to 15?

England - Rooney, Jones, Smalling, Welbeck, Cleverly and Carrick should all make it.

Nani
    Evra
    Kagawa
    Fellani
    RVP
    Hernandez

there is also a chance De Gea will be going and Young and Adnan would be outside bets, Zaha probably not.

More blinkered and abrasive replies

And which excuses are these? Thiago saying that Pep spoke to him and told him he wanted to take him to Bayern or Cesc saying himself he didn't want to move and Barca officails saying they did want to sell him.

Yes ignore all that hearsay form unrelaible sources aka the horses mouth and go with your me mate told me.

What sources as good as those have you offered? None, absolutley none. Your still bitter over the summer. You need to move on and stop acting like a rival fan and insulting our manager
    So you take 100% that Thaigo never thought of United cause that is what Thaigo says, after signing for Bayern, but dismiss as complete lies his dad saying United were very close to signing him.

You dont believe any journalists, fair enough.

same as with the stuff they say publicly. You weigh it against other information you get from other sources.

United said they wouldn't sell Ronaldo to Madrid. It has later transpired we had agreed to sell him, but were getting one last season out of him. We lied at the time to protect the reputation of the club.

Look at City and Balotelli - in public they were saying he would be given more chances because he talent warranted it and because he was a nice guy. In the background they were doing everything they could to sell him. They lied because publicly saying they wanted shot of him would be freaking stupid.

United said they were never going to sell Rooney, and Rooney says all he has been doing since the summer started was concentrating on football. You think there was no chance United would have sold to Madrid or PSG if a bid had come in, or Rooney wasn't looking to leave? United and Rooney were lying, to varying degrees and reasons, because it suited the public image they needed.

Players lie as required, manager lie as required, club officials lie as required. Its the same as politics - lies are told ALL the time because the public perception is what matters more than the reality most people are oblivious to.

UTD say they won't sell Rooney, Fergie said he wont go before he left. Moyes said he is part of his plans

Chelsea bid for Rooney and we reject. These are your points as to clubs lying? really?

We kept Rooney as we said we would. Come back to reality.

So you take 100% that Thaigo never thought of United cause that is what Thaigo says, after signing for Bayern, but dismiss as complete lies his dad saying United were very close to signing him.

You dont believe any journalists, fair enough.

So Thiagos dad over Pep and the player. You ignored the Cesc point. Your just not willing to listen to the facts. Its plain to see you have no interest in what actually happened.

UTD say they won't sell Rooney, Fergie said he wont go before he left. Moyes said he part of his plans

Chelsea bid for Rooney and we reject. These are your points as to clubs lying? really?

We kept Rooney as we said we would. Come back to reality.

Ok, you are right.

United weren't in for Thiago at all ever, publicly bid a couple of times for Fabregas having never spoken to him or his agent at all ever and there was no chance Rooney was going to leave in the summer. The Fellaini deal was handled brilliantly and the sun shines out of Moyes ass. there were no lessons to be learned from the summer window, everything went as it could have done. The club couldn't have done any better at all.

So Thiagos dad over Pep and the player. You ignored the Cesc point. Your just not willing to listen to the facts. Its plain to see you have no interest in what actually happened.

No - we just completely disagree on what actually happened.

You only believe the official stuff said after deals were done or dead.

I believe the stuff people like Miguel Delaney and Andy Mitten were told by both people at United and Barcelona.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

Watching Germany v England there and Germany have an incredible amount of young talent. Some of their passing between midfield, wings and forward was brilliant.

We could really do with some of that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

I believe the stuff people like Miguel Delaney and Andy Mitten were told by both people at United and Barcelona.
    Even though you just said clubs lie all the time?

Ok, you are right.

United weren't in for Thiago at all ever, publicly bid a couple of times for Fabregas having never spoken to him or his agent at all ever and there was no chance Rooney was going to leave in the summer. The Fellaini deal was handled brilliantly and the sun shines out of Moyes ass. there were no lessons to be learned from the summer window, everything went as it could have done. The club couldn't have done any better at all.

There we have it. I guess you have no other option when faced with facts but to post that type of reply. Just ignore the questions I asked you in favor of this junk because you can't argue facts.

Oh yeah, if you were following its clear I said UTD were in for Thiago in defense of someone who said Moyes called off the deal because he didn't rate him.

And Thiagos dad said Thiago was close to joining Manchester United and before the European Under-21 Championship there were conversations, so we were in for him as I said

Some of his dads exact words were
    "For Thiago there’s nothing more important than having a manager who has always shown faith in him, from the first moment. Guardiola has been very important in his life and that was vital in the decision to sign for Bayern."

The player himself mentioned Pep being essential in the deal and playing time he was going to get. Yeah but ignore all that

Oh and the Cesc stuff doesn't warrant a reply. Cesc said he had no idea were the UTD encouragment was coming from, he spoke to his clud and they wanted him to stay and he never wanted to leave but we'll take your childish tantrum posts as facts instead shall we.

Well obviously they can't lie ALL the time. that would be impossible. I was being hyperbolic.

My point is, and i have said it many times with respect to many different transfers - clubs and players lie.

"I only ever thought about signing for the club I just signed for" you think every player who says this is telling the truth? Really? Or is it a really nice sound bite?

Players saying they never thought of leaving a club is similar - if a bid hasn't been accepted for them, then why would they say they want to leave? If they end up staying at their current club why would they want to put all the club fans against them?

People lie when i suits them too.

Are journalists lied to? Of course they are - I reckon fergie lied to most of them most of the time. But there are people at clubs who know a little and don't mind sharing it to jouno friends.

I find it incredible people think United went for Fabregas so publicly without having checked with the player/his agents (etc) that the deal could be done. Similar with Rooney - you think Chelsea weren't aware Rooney would like to sign for them? You think Arsenal didn't talk to Suarez's team prior to their £40,000,001 bid? Clubs don't go for players blind.

Don't even bother, the lack of consistancy and amount of hypocrisy in Mitches posts make it clear there is no actual stance and stories will just be twisted whenever he needs to make a point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Quandary wrote: »
    Watching Germany v England there and Germany have an incredible amount of young talent. Some of their passing between midfield, wings and forward was brilliant.

We could really do with some of that.

Well it just so happens we're apparetly in for Lallana who was playing there today :pac:

Funny how you have a go at me for the way I post and you attack me in such ways.

Just extending you the same courtesy you show me. What about the rest of those points i made, the ones backed up with the facts, are you going to just ignore them because you have no answer?

Danny Higginbotham became, apparently, 99th product of the United youth team to play international football. Wonder who no.100 will be. Ravel Morrison (and I'll shed a tear!)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Danny Higginbotham became, apparently, 99th product of the United youth team to play international football. Wonder who no.100 will be. Ravel Morrison (and I'll shed a tear!)?

Bebe, at the world cup :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Do games for Portugal count for Luis 'needs a run of games to hit form' Nani?

The important stat on your list is the shocking fact that Antonio Valencia has played more minutes than Nani and Kagawa combined.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

As soon as Adnan makes up his mind I bet he'll beat Ravel to it

Trilla wrote: »
    As soon as Adnan makes up his mind I bet he'll beat Ravel to it

probably - who ever he declares for will cap him immediately (unless it is England).

There are a couple of other possibilities too - for Wales and NI, but I don't think Devlin or Lawerence (the two main ones I suppose) are good enough to push to that level yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

Do games for Portugal count for Luis 'needs a run of games to hit form' Nani?

Danny Welbeck (PL)|Adnan Januzaj (PL)|Antonio Valencia (PL) |Shinji Kagawa (PL)|Nani (PL)|Ashley Young (PL)
    6 games|6 games|9 games|4 games|5 games|4 games
    4 starts|3 starts|6 starts|3 starts|4 starts|3 starts
    375 minutes|357 minutes|597 miniutes|258 minutes|321 minutes|204 minutes
    2 goals|2 goals|1 goals|0 goals|0 goals|0 goals
    0 assist|1 assist|1 assists|0 assists|0 assists|0 assists
    10 shots|15 shots|3 shots|1 shot|11 shots|3 shots
    4 on target|6 on target|1 on target|1 on target|2 on target|2 on target

The important stat on your list is the shocking fact that Antonio Valencia has played more minutes than Nani and Kagawa combined.

He has assisted more and scored more than both Nani and Kagawa combined too! :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

The baby has the best stats there

Chances created

Nani - 10
    Valencia - 7
    Janujaz - 4
    Welbeck - 1

• Advertisement

Chances created

Nani - 10
    Valencia - 7
    Janujaz - 4
    Welbeck - 1

Nani is some chancer alright! :pac:

PF-Del-Boy_1235471c.jpg

DM-ICE wrote: »
    The baby has the best stats there

Danny and Tony have done well in the cup games too.

Well that's what a winger is there for, and hasn't he been horrific so far according to some?

Still doing his job better than the other wide players at the club

Axel Witsel has been making noises about wanting to move clubs. He even name checked UTD from what I hear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Axel Witsel has been making noises about wanting to move clubs. He even name checked UTD from what I hear.

Him & Fellaini for our CMs would be class. No more bullying of our midfield anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Him & Fellaini for our CMs would be class. No more bullying of our midfield anyway.

We'd make our money back on the replica wigs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Timmyctc wrote: »
    We'd make our money back on the replica wigs

:pac::pac:

We actually would ha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

The guy is a beast!
    Goals Since January 2013:

Cristiano Ronaldo - 66
    Liverpool - 61
    Arsenal - 58
    Man City - 56
    Chelsea - 54
    Man United - 54
    Spurs - 39

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Never does it in the big games.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

The guy is a beast!

How many of those 66 were against Stoke though?

That's correct. 0.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

We didn't wait until the last day to bid for Fellaini either. Yet is been talked about like we did, it was asked was he a fall back because our late transfers fell through when we bid for him before them. Why is this introduced when its not true and why doesn't that warrant you questioning it?

When did I say we did wait until the last day to bid for Fellaini, though it does actually seem like we waited till the last minute to bid for him individually, all the talk regarding the other bids have been joint ones with himself and Baines.

I certainly did not introduce it, and since you are questioning its validity you hardly need me to do it to do you?

I would actually be open to the theory that a bid for Fellaini on his own was only lodged on the last day when it was clear Everton were not going to part with both and that none of our other targets were getting closer. The drama of the last day would at least support that theory with Fellaini driving around like a mad man, going to the training ground to submit a transfer request etc and the deal just getting pushed through before the deadline.

That is a theory that is plausible.

Sorry

kryogen wrote: »
    When did I say we did wait until the last day to bid for Fellaini, though it does actually seem like we waited till the last minute to bid for him individually, all the talk regarding the other bids have been joint ones with himself and Baines.

I certainly did not introduce it, and since you are questioning its validity you hardly need me to do it to do you?

I would actually be open to the theory that a bid for Fellaini on his own was only lodged on the last day when it was clear Everton were not going to part with both and that none of our other targets were getting closer. The drama of the last day would at least support that theory with Fellaini driving around like a mad man, going to the training ground to submit a transfer request etc and the deal just getting pushed through before the deadline.

That is a theory that is plausible.

Sorry

You didn't say it. I know. My point was you questioned another poster for discussing something that did not happen, when ppl talking about Fellaini and us only making a late bid didn't happen either but it goes unquestioned.

Never mind, its all a load of bollocks anyway, everyone and there dog knows we bid for Fellaini early on

Ronaldo became Portugal joint top goal scorer tonight, he will go clear on his own in the next game more then likely, another fantastic achievement for the man. He is the best in the world right now, at this moment and it was a joy to see him step up and drag his team through tonight with all 3 goals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

Ronaldo became Portugal joint top goal scorer tonight, he will go clear on his own in the next game more then likely, another fantastic achievement for the man. He is the best in the world right now, at this moment and it was a joy to see him step up and drag his team through tonight with all 3 goals

Should be his time to knock Messi off his Ballon d'Or perch!

• Advertisement

Should be his time to knock Messi off his Ballon d'Or perch!

Don't think Messi is the biggest threat to this one, Frech guy plying his trade in Germany is a real contender though

Don't think Messi is the biggest threat to this one, Frech guy plying his trade in Germany is a real contender though

It honestly would be a bit controversial if Ribery was to get it over Ronaldo. This year is Ronaldo's for sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

The guy is a beast!

Fecking hell that really puts it into perspective.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Had everything gone well and according to the plan we could have had a very good team with players only from our academy.
    Amos

Bardsley Pique Evans/Shawcross Fryers/Evans

Pogba Cleverley

Januzaj Morrison Welbeck

Rossi
    Probably missing some obvious names but we have produced some very good players only to **** it up somehow.

Full backs are the weak links but apart from that it's a decent team and the one that can only get better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭PaddyCar

Voting for Ballon d'Or finished before playoffs so Ribery will probably get it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Christ International Football is almost as bad as transfer windows on Man Utd threads :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

PaddyCar wrote: »

Its been extended for a few weeks now according to a few lads in other topics.

Betting now favours Ronaldo.

They usually equate trophies with the award so it would seem he is the favourite.
    PaddyCar wrote: »

I hear due to a low vote count the voting has been extended for another couple of weeks, which rightly takes in the last six weeks which would help Ronaldo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭ericzeking

Giggsy11 wrote: »

Probably missing some obvious names but we have produced some very good players only to **** it up somehow.

A bit harsh on the club/SAF....possibly Pogba in hindsight could have been given more of a try especially given our lack of numbers in midfield but his atitude just riled Fergie, he also didn't seem all that special when he was seen to warrant the place in the first team, other than that all the players you have mentioned are not at the club for pretty valid reasons and I wouldn't say anyone on our side f#cked up.

Unless of course you meant to say 'the situation got f#cked up'.

• Advertisement

ericzeking wrote: »
    A bit harsh on the club/SAF....possibly Pogba in hindsight could have been given more of a try especially given our lack of numbers in midfield but his atitude just riled Fergie, he also didn't seem all that special when he was seen to warrant the place in the first team, other than that all the players you have mentioned are not at the club for pretty valid reasons and I wouldn't say anyone on our side f#cked up.

Unless of course you meant to say 'the situation got f#cked up'.
    Of those in that team - I'd say Pogba, Morrison, Rossi and Pique are the ones we wish we'd have kept and developed.

I think United/Fergie have to take a good portion of the blame on Pogba. Yes, attitude (maybe) and agent (very likely) were big issues there but he shouldn't have been allowed to get into the last 12 months of his contract before we made a move, and given that we should have given him more time in the first team. He wasn't impressing greatly for the reserves but I refuse to accept he went from being not good enough for us under basically any circumstances (including resorting to playing Park and Rafael at CM) to being a main player for Juve in the course of one summer.

Rossi was sold cause we couldn't gaurantee him playing time - which is fair enough I suppose. I know it is hindsight, but I do look back with regret at the fact we suffered a load of injuries the season he left so had he stayed, he likely would have got LOADS of playing time.

Pique - well once Barcelona wanted him back it was going to be inevitable I suppose, so can't really have much of an issue with that one.

Morrison.... Morrison is the one that hurts me! I have a good idea of why United cut ties with him, and they are (assuming true) good reasons, valid reasons. I don't really blame United on this, really. But, the kid is so damned talented I wish it had worked out for him at United. If he had the right attitude at the time, I think he would be well ahead of where he is now - I think he would be a key player in the United and England teams. He lost a good year and a half imo.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement