Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14 Mod warning post #718

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

lordgoat wrote: »
    Ah apologies. My original post rshould have said wouldn't have started rather than shouldn't. (I was wondering why I was asked who to start instead)

Ya he had a decent few games but to me that was him playing at his also lute maximum and he's failed to replicate that form since. While he's been given plenty of time.

He hasnt played since.

Edit: he has played Once for us since the CL final as a sub, he came on as a winger in the LC played well and scored. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F%C3%A1bio_Pereira_da_Silva

Edit2: he also played against palace, didnt do much though.

As for Zaha if he was deserving of more time he would get it. If you go back to preseason there were others who I thought played better.

For me so far he's not showed anything deserving of more than he's got.

needs more than a collective 40 mins in 4 months to show his worth.

Oh Anderson youtubes that'll change my mind. Oh wait it doesn't show you all the matches he was invisible for. He's not good enough.

Video's were to back up his performances last year, obviously dont tell the full story.

Not good enough to play his part or start ?

Apart from he's finishing he's haed and shoulders above the guy that has been defended and only Carrick is a better passer from our midfield options.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

beno619 wrote: »
    Video's were to back up his performances last year, obviously dont tell the full story.

Not good enough to play his part or start ?

Apart from he's finishing he's haed and shoulders above the guy that has been defended and only Carrick is a better passer from our midfield options.

Clev has been way more consistent than Anderson. If you don't see that. I'm not responding any more as I think you're on the wind up or just see the game in a way that I never want to.

I judge him on his overall performances from signing to when he played last for us a few weeks ago and was yet again not up to it. Why don't you look up some YouTube videos of cleverly from last season there seen as you think the are important. Might reveal a dew things you've missed.

Also to who ever asked for alternatives to Fabio in the CL you asked the q I responded. As I said it stemmed from an earlier error. To choose to ignore that is being a pedant but if that's your thing jizz all over it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Im inclined to think Fabio still has it in his locker somewhere, if not a full back, which I think he could become a great one, then a midfielder. He is brilliant on the ball, very quick and has a good shot on him. He was the better of the twins all the way up through underage, even captained Brazil under 17, has played left back, right back, centre mid, left wing and right wing for United. A Brazilian Phil Neville! Someone will get the best out of him Im sure.

Anderson, as huge as my man love is for him, needs to go.

Zaha, said it when he came, very raw, and nothing has changed my mind since. He clearly isn't showing Moyes enough in training either to warrant more game time, you cant say Moyes holds youth back as he has given Adnan games. Its easy to point the finger, but sometimes you have to trust that the guys who are making the decisions are better placed then you to make them

Clev has been way more consistent than Anderson. If you don't see that. I'm not responding any more as I think you're on the wind up or just see the game in a way that I never want to.

Cleverley, has had way more game time as of late. He showed his best against Villa and West Ham and its not good enough.

Anderson has played 4 times, where should the form and match practice come from ?

I judge him on his overall performances from signing to when he played last for us a few weeks ago and was yet again not up to it. Why don't you look up some YouTube videos of cleverly from last season there seen as you think the are important. Might reveal a dew things you've missed.

Players cant just come in with no fitness or match practice and fly out of the traps, I have already pointed to Young as an example of why he needs some game time similarly Fletch has been eased back into the side.

Cleverley started last season well, got injured and since then has been up and down in terms of his performances.

At one point it looked like Ando would inherite Scholes CM position. Cleverley has never looked good enough to replace Scholes.

Also to who ever asked for alternatives to Fabio in the CL you asked the q I responded. As I said it stemmed from an earlier error. To choose to ignore that is being a pedant but if that's your thing jizz all over it.

Wenger stuck with Ramsey and played him last year even though he was muck, because he had seen his ability and had faith, Cleverley is in the team because of circumstance not ability or merit. Maybe Moyes doesn't see it in Ando but anybody who has seen him since he joined the club would have to accept that he has ability and character but has been unlucky with Injuries as well as being a bit overweight at times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Ando is a crock, its sad but true. He never recovered from the legs. If he is to have any hope of making a decent career I feel he needs the move too. As with Saha, sometimes a player just needs to go (im aware Saha never had an injury free career when he left) even if you know that when he is fit he can be a serious asset to the team

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

kryogen wrote: »
    Ando is a crock, its sad but true. He never recovered from the legs. If he is to have any hope of making a decent career I feel he needs the move too. As with Saha, sometimes a player just needs to go (im aware Saha never had an injury free career when he left) even if you know that when he is fit he can be a serious asset to the team

Anderson has had bad luck with injuries which has certainly affected his development but I don't think you can overlook his professionalism (or lack thereof) as a major factor either. From plenty of accounts, he's been a bit of a joker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Anderson should have moved in summer. His time was up.

As big a fan of his past few years but it made no sense in summer when he was not going get games.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Anderson needs a year off to get over his injuries, he will be great next season :-P

:( probably true.

He is good enough to play right now and would be usefull if we cant bring in a player in January.

Blatter wrote: »
    He's been a bit of a joker.

but..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,371 ✭✭✭Robson99

:( probably true.

He is good enough to play right now and would be usefull if we cant bring in a player in January.

Anderson is way behind Carrick, Cleverly, Jones and even Giggs in our midfield options and that doesn't say much for him. If he was any use he should be a regular in the Utd midfield at this stage of his career. But hes not and never will be. If we got 5m for him it would be a miracle

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

Wasted enough of my time and patience on Anderson as I am willing to give. Brilliant when he was on form but they were rarer and rarer as time went on and now the team is in transition then he is defo one that needs to be gone. Hopefully Young will follow him out the door too and both are replaced with high standard played who don't get injured by looking at someone taking a tackle.

Fabio has huge potential and I think its important to have him around simply to help his bro become the best RB in the world, something I think he has all the tools to aspire to.

Doubt anyone of note will be bought in January but the likes of Adam Lallana is a decent addition who can offer some guile to the team. Considering what we have in the middle of the park then anyone can improve the situation. As has been said already, United are not in a position to challenge for the CL this year so ruling out players because of this is a bit silly, the real obstacle is whether they would want to leave a CL team and come to a team who will be seen as a bit of risky move. Money talks I suppose.

Robson99 wrote: »
    If he was any use he should be a regular in the Utd midfield at this stage of his career.

He's been injured his whole United career :confused:

I agree he should be a regular though and how things have turned out have been a huge disappointment but its not as if he hasnt tried.

He's been injured his whole United career :confused:

I agree he should be a regular though and how things have turned out have been a huge disappointment but its not as if he hasnt tried.

Just not good enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,394 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

I really find this defeatist attitude as regards the CL annoying. People basically saying the team shouldn't bother trying as they are not good enough. The same team that pushed Real to the brink last season. Worse teams have won the tournament and only Olympiakos stand between United and the quarters. There are numerous players who haven't found form and may do so by then, someone like Fellaini could make all the difference when he comes back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Oregano_State

Young has done ok in the past 3 games. I wouldn't get rid of a player that's just hitting form.

My January wishlist: Zaha on loan to Newcastle. A 24-27 year old CM who will improve the first 11. Anderson (only if replacement signed), Buttner out. Nani and Kagawa to be played more regularly. Fabio to be given a shot at LB. Nick Powell loaned to a decent PL team

Summer: Evra sold, new LB. Another CM, younger, but with big potential. Giggs to retire, Ferdinand sold. CB signing. Powell and Zaha return to the squad.

That would be an ideal scenario. If two thirds of that happens I'd be happy enough. Giggs and Ferdinand being replaced are a must though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Liam O wrote: »
    I really find this defeatist attitude as regards the CL annoying. People basically saying the team shouldn't bother trying as they are not good enough. The same team that pushed Real to the brink last season. Worse teams have won the tournament and only Olympiakos stand between United and the quarters. There are numerous players who haven't found form and may do so by then, someone like Fellaini could make all the difference when he comes back.

I can see your argument but I can also see those against.

The CL is incredibly tough and can we risk injury to our first 11 or fatigue in the final stages of the league considering injuries so far leave us, deservedly, in 7th place in the PL?

We've also the FA cup and COC to compete in. Obviously if we buy players in January it will be different.

Last week I threw a tenner on us at 17.5 to win the CL. We're a better team than Chelsea and Liverpool were when they last won.

I don't see why we should be afraid of anyone over 2 legs.

Just not good enough

Better than the guys that started yesterday.

http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_premier_league/players/2576/_anderson_injury.html

Old article but fit and on form he has outperformed the players you mentioned.

http://therepublikofmancunia.com/stats-suggest-andersons-influence-is-increasing/

He is still a United player and could improve us this season if fit and with a run of games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,659 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Really hate people that try to flog a dead horse

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

League Position means little right now unless you are top. It's points behind the leader and United are not that far behind.

For me I have no doubt that United already have the players at the club to finish top 4.

Re the Champions League, many underperforming sides domestically have won it. The format allows opportunity for surprises so it should still be a goal even if improvements could be made.

Headshot wrote: »
    Really hate people that try to flog a dead horse

Maybe he needs to go in January/Summer, but on song could he improve us this season ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Christ. Just caught up on the thread since my last post yesterday afternoon.

Clev doesn't deserve this much attention :P

Lets talk about the positives from yesterdays game. We found ourselves two nil down against a very tough defense and managed to win.

Yes there was a bit of late pressure but we 100% deserved that win, Hull were lucky to be two up. The first goal from the corner should never have been, it was a goal kick and not a corner. Evans had a brain fart and kicked the ball into his own net for the second. We didn't panic but worked hard and showed good spirit.

The match thread was lol worthy. People saying Moyes out when we were two nil down may want to wait until the 90 min mark next time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

I think it's fair enough for a side that's burst a gut to go from two down to one up over the course of 70 minutes or so to be fairly on the ropes for the last fifteen or twenty minutes of a game away from home with injuries and red cards to contend with.

At end of day that's why De Gea is there to make saves.

Won't do heart much good but that is why he is going be top keeper he will become.

• Advertisement

At end of day that's why De Gea is there to make saves.

Won't do heart much good but that is why he is going be top keeper he will become.

He already is a top keeper imo. Makes very few mistakes, is a great shot stopper and is one of the best distributors around. Could get even better but he ticks enough boxes to be top class at the moment for me and has done for a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

If De Gea had a more solid defence in front of him he'd get more acknowledgement, he rarely makes mistakes. He's conceded 22 goals in 18 games is what his record shows this season which is a shame as he's been better than that portrays.

It would be interesting to see how good he'd be in a team like Bayern and compared with Neuer.

I still think there is far more to come which is great.

I think he could be in with the Buffons and Van der Saars legendary status in years to come.

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Anderson needs a year off to get over his injuries, he will be great next season :-P

Yep next season!
    Maybe he needs to go in January/Summer, but on song could he improve us this season ?

No he can't. You can keep banging on about him all you want. But anyone who has seen him for united knows that he's not good enough. When he moves it won't be to a top team and the reason for that? He's not good enough. Reason Fergie didn't play him consistently. Not good enough.

Injuries you say? Plently of players have had worse injuries than he have and come back just as good. Sure they may have slowed his development but the way you are using them as an excuse is tiresome. You might think he's good enough. I don't. Thankfully Moyes seems to agree.
    I still think there is far more to come which is great.

I think he could be in with the Buffons and Van der Saars legendary status in years to come.

I agree DDG will be the best in his position in 3-4 years. I hope he stays with us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Also the same team that won the league last year but are now in transition, can you see where it all started?

• Advertisement

No he can't. You can keep banging on about him all you want. But anyone who has seen him for united knows that he's not good enough. When he moves it won't be to a top team and the reason for that? He's not good enough. Reason Fergie didn't play him consistently. Not good enough.

Injuries you say? Plently of players have had worse injuries than he have and come back just as good. Sure they may have slowed his development but the way you are using them as an excuse is tiresome. You might think he's good enough. I don't. Thankfully Moyes seems to agree.

Fergie didnt play him because he was injured, he played 17 times last season.

He missed 5-6 months of last season with separate Knee and Hamstring injuries. He constantly has niggles its not like he has had one leg break and has been fit ever since. He has had numerous Knee injuries as well as his ACL, they are serious.

Other posters say its time to cut him loose but your the only one that seems to think he's not good enough to be a United player. Even though he has proven his ability in the past and only a year older than the guy with lots of "potential".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,845 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Young can be better than he currently is but (a) is it still good enough to be in the Utd first team and (b) will he ever return to that?
    I doubt it.

I think if we got an offer of 8m plus we should take it

Anderson is not good enough for united.

Anderson is not good enough for united.

no sh1t!

Trilla wrote: »
    no sh1t!

Replying to Bendo619 or whatever his name is.

Replying to Bendo619 or whatever his name is.

I know - we need to look beyond Anderson and to a lesser extent Young in this thread I feel.

I'm interested to see what exactly people will think will happen in January? I can see bids for Cabaye, Lallana, Rodriguez etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

It will be a miracle if Utd hold onto DDG for more than 2-3 more years.
    Barca-Real will be in for him and sure who doesnt wanna play for either when you're from Spain.
    Id put good money on him being a Barca player in a few years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

It will be a miracle if Utd hold onto DDG for more than 2-3 more years.

It really won't be.....

Other posters say its time to cut him loose but your the only one that seems to think he's not good enough to be a United player. Even though he has proven his ability in the past and only a year older than the guy with lots of "potential".

Yep it's just me.

Show of hands, who is in camp beno, and thinks Ando is good enough to play for united right now.

Replying to Beno619 or whatever his name is.

Fixed.

I relent though. New to the forum so didnt know general opinions on some of our players / football.

Cleverley is Good.

Mediocrity and cowardice are ignored.

Anderson is sh1te.

Rooney is a midfielder.

• Advertisement

Anderson is sh1te.

Correct 10/10

Rooney is a midfielder.

Would you have preferred if he stood with his hands on his hips upfront yesterday in the last 10 mins???
    I have been one of his biggest critics earlier this season for spitting out his dummy once to often looking to leave and for been half hearted about Utd but the for the last month or so he has given his all for the cause and yesterday he was excellent . Popped up all over the pitch when we were under pressure in the last 15 mins. Dont care if he was RB, CF or No 10 yesterday we were backs against the wall for that period and he was what we needed to help out our back four and midfield

Fixed.

I relent though. New to the forum so didnt know general opinions on some of our players / football.

Cleverley is Good.

Mediocrity and cowardice are ignored.

Anderson is sh1te.

Rooney is a midfielder.

Anderson is never fit, Anderson doesn't track back enough, Andersons fitness levels have always dipped in games.

Cleverley is average, but average and hard working beats that excuse of a footballer Anderson. There's is reasons he doesn't get a run of games.

Rooney is not a midfielder, but can do a job there if its really necessary.... with fitness, desire, heart and fluent English.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

Starting to feel bad for even mentioning Anderson in the first place :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,659 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Ole stay well clear of Cardiff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

I know - we need to look beyond Anderson and to a lesser extent Young in this thread I feel.

I'm interested to see what exactly people will think will happen in January? I can see bids for Cabaye, Lallana, Rodriguez etc

Rodriguez? As in Jay Rodriguez :/ I would be very surprised if we did.

Headshot wrote: »
    Ole stay well clear of Cardiff

Why? It's a job in the Prem where he could showcase his talents and get a better wage.

If it doesn't go well, the chances are people will just say ''ah sure, impossible job with Tan there anyway, not Ole's fault really''. Little damage done to his reputation.

It's more of a 'win-win' job than most managers have or could wish for!

Correct 10/10
    Would you have preferred if he stood with his hands on his hips upfront yesterday in the last 10 mins???

Cant fault Rooneys application this year, by far best player and always tries to do the right things on and off the ball. The point some people are missing is that he should not have to sacrifice himself anymore and he does to make up for Cleverley. This is based on the last 3 or 4 games not just when we went down to 10 men yesterday.

Anderson is never fit, Anderson doesn't track back enough, Andersons fitness levels have always dipped in games.

Cleverley is average, but average and hard working beats that excuse of a footballer Anderson. There's is reasons he doesn't get a run of games.

Rooney is not a midfielder, but can do a job there if its really necessary.... with fitness, desire, heart and fluent English.

Moyes doesn't rate him but Fergie did and played him when he was available. Il agree he struggled to last 90 minutes. But I always saw him as a hard worker on it.

Cleverley could be accused of similar looking back at some of the goals we have conceded this season.

Again he wanted to leave the club because he had to cover for players like Cleverley. Lets not pretend he hasn't upset us multiple times and his fitness has also been questionable. Il ignore the bit about fluent English.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭collie0708

Hi all does anyone know when the exact dates and times will be confirmed for our games in March??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Is the game on TV tomorrow?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭markc91

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Is the game on TV tomorrow?

yeah setanta

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement