Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14 Mod warning post #718

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Is the game on TV tomorrow?

its a 3 o clock game so id say bt or setanta have it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

collie0708 wrote: »
    Hi all does anyone know when the exact dates and times will be confirmed for our games in March??

The problem is its time of year for CL knockout plus replay of FA Cup games which can make changes.

I say February might be earliest for the time we really know exactly when certain games will be played etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭collie0708

The problem is its time of year for CL knockout plus replay of FA Cup games which can make changes.

I say February might be earliest for the time we really know exactly when certain games will be played etc.

Thanks the price of flights around the Liverpool and City games are already shooting up..... Hopefully I get lucky when dates are confirmed

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

We're playing tomorrow as well?

Sweet. :)

Thanks the price of flights around the Liverpool and City games are already shooting up..... Hopefully I get lucky when dates are confirmed

Both are meant to be on a Saturday. Most likely 12.45 kick off I say. They might, just might change to Sunday, but I be confident they be played on Saturday and be surprised if it was anything other then 12.45 KO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,595 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

The city game is fixed for the same weekend as the league cup final. So on the slim chance neither United or City make the final that game wont be on that Weekend

The city game is fixed for the same weekend as the league cup final. So on the slim chance neither United or City make the final that game wont be on that Weekend

Good spot forgot totally about that.

Both are meant to be on a Saturday. Most likely 12.45 kick off I say. They might, just might change to Sunday, but I be confident they be played on Saturday and be surprised if it was anything other then 12.45 KO.

I would have thought more likely to be super Sunday early kick offs, why do you think Saturday is more likely?

Ah forgot that myself hopefully I will be looking for flights to London so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Rodriguez? As in Jay Rodriguez :/ I would be very surprised if we did.

Jay Rodriguez? As in James Rodriguez ? Id be pretty sure we would be in for him if he is on the move

• Advertisement

I would have thought more likely to be super Sunday early kick offs, why do you think Saturday is more likely?

You could be right. Depends on how far teams get in Europe etc. Seems to be more Saturday KO from March but that does not mean Sunday is out of question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭markc91

kryogen wrote: »
    Jay Rodriguez? As in James Rodriguez ? Id be pretty sure we would be in for him if he is on the move

nope id say jay rodriguez from southampton after scoring twice yesterday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,398 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

beno619 wrote: »
    Cant fault Rooneys application this year, by far best player and always tries to do the right things on and off the ball. The point some people are missing is that he should not have to sacrifice himself anymore and he does to make up for Cleverley. This is based on the last 3 or 4 games not just when we went down to 10 men yesterday.

Moyes doesn't rate him but Fergie did and played him when he was available. Il agree he struggled to last 90 minutes. But I always saw him as a hard worker on it.

Cleverley could be accused of similar looking back at some of the goals we have conceded this season.

Again he wanted to leave the club because he had to cover for players like Cleverley. Lets not pretend he hasn't upset us multiple times and his fitness has also been questionable. Il ignore the bit about fluent English.
    Rooney is required to drop deep because otherwise we'd be playing two CMs vs three in virtually every game. When Rooney didn't drop deep earlier in the season our midfield was overrun. 442 doesn't work anymore, you need a third midfielder, Rooney is it for us-and I'm gland he is back to playing that role. It isn't cleverleys fault, he is required to do it no matter who we play centre. He only would be needed to do it if he was deployed as the lead forward with an amc (kagawa) behind him who will drop to collect the ball instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Tancredi Palmeri @tancredipalmeri
    Manchester United strengthening squad policy is not going only through the intense contacts for Koke.Something is happening also for defence

Manchester United made contacts to close in january a deal for Roma's defender Benatia,one of best of Serie A season.Hard one,25-30m€ needed

Ian Abrahams ✔ @BroadcastMoose

Hearing a transfer rumour linking Man Utd with a £20m+ move for ilkay Gundogan in the January Transfer Window

oNFYs2x.gif

markc91 wrote: »
    nope id say jay rodriguez from southampton after scoring twice yesterday

Who said Rodriguez originally?

Bit of clarifying needed here!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Rooney is required to drop deep because otherwise we'd be playing two CMs vs three in virtually every game. When Rooney didn't drop deep earlier in the season our midfield was overrun. 442 doesn't work anymore, you need a third midfielder, Rooney is it for us-and I'm gland he is back to playing that role. It isn't cleverleys fault, he is required to do it no matter who we play centre. He only would be needed to do it if he was deployed as the lead forward with an amc (kagawa) behind him who will drop to collect the ball instead.

442 does work with the right players, City are proof of that, we haven't have been able to pull it off though because of a lack of quality/performance in midfield.

I think we need to clear up what dropping deep means, along side or behind his central midfielders or between midfield and attack as the link man ?

Surely his starting position in a passage of play should be between midfield and attack and not along side the midfield starting attacks ?

zerks wrote: »
    Tancredi Palmeri @tancredipalmeri

Ian Abrahams ✔ @BroadcastMoose

Am I being sucked in or are these guys reliable?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

I was talking about the Southampton player, who does James play for?

Edit: ah the guy who went to Monaco, was thinking Porto alright I remember we where linked with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭tvercetti

Signed for Monaco during the summer. Utd were heavily linked to him in his Porto days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Both are full of shít IMO.

• Advertisement

You didn't mention Rodriguez first though, Trilla did

Blatter wrote: »
    Both are full of shít IMO.

Sure aren't they all on twitter:p

I want to see any transfer business wrapped up nice and early in January.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭tvercetti

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Yeah, Gundogan, Benatia, Koke and Baines better be ready for the Swansea game. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Palmeri talks nothing but shíte on Twitter. For instance, earlier today he advertised big Man United transfer news on his Twitter at 3pm and all he did was advertise his book, then threw a vague line about Benatia in.

Moose Abrahams reports on West Ham for Talksport (and is a bloody clown) so he knows nothing about Man United.

Fecking transfer window rolling around again. It brings nothing but false hope!

Maybe we can pick up a bargain in Spain,didn't realise David Villa was out of contract so soon.

http://www.marca.com/2013/12/27/en/football/spanish_football/1388162197.html?a=09699ca9dd8ffcff0b2bb26efa461420&t=1388175838

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭F.J.

I would have Valencia ahead of Young in the queue to be shipped out at this point.Was happy to find out he was suspended for tomorrow after his first booking yesterday,which I think summed him up perfectly.

My heart sinks when he gets the ball on the counter.Buttner was poor for the West Ham goal last week but it started with Valencia giving it away after a break

You didn't mention Rodriguez first though, Trilla did

Yeh he just said the surname so I wanted to make sure it wasnt Jay, and as you can see I forgot about the Colombian lad.

Maybe we can pick up a bargain in Spain,didn't realise David Villa was out of contract so soon.

http://www.marca.com/2013/12/27/en/football/spanish_football/1388162197.html?a=09699ca9dd8ffcff0b2bb26efa461420&t=1388175838

I would say Alonso but he's just a slight upgrade on Carrick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Thatsfootball

I wonder if Fabio could get a start tomorrow. Utd play better with a proper right back, Rafael/Valencia (just cos Valencia provides alot more going forward from rb than Smalling).
    It'd be good to see Smalling and Evans at cb again, unless Vidic is back and pushes Smalling to rb.
    Still, it's a bit of a problem with all the injuries Rafael has had recently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

I'd imagine Phil Jones will start there. One of Smalling or Evans likely to be rested

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    I'd imagine Phil Jones will start there. One of Smalling or Evans likely to be rested

Jones is injured.
    It will be Smalling at RB and Vidic at center.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Hulk Hands wrote: »

Jones is injured and won't be playing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

I love being able to drive to the matches.

I'm getting stung for my flight back over after Christmas though. Flying the day of the Swansea FA Cup game. Flight has more than Allie Teeny Trend and it is during the game, not even before.

Don't think that City game will go ahead on that day. What is the next available date at this stage? Probably a weekday?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Moyes on January
    Planning to make January signings?

‘I think we would like to do so. I would hate to get everyone’s expectations high thinking that we are going to be bringing in lots of players. The one thing I will say is that the club financially will support me in whatever we want to do or try to do. Getting the players in this window is the hardest part.

‘At a club like United, we want to sign the best, elite players. A lot of them might be at other clubs right now and might not be gettable. If we can, we will try and do something. That’s going to take some time. I can’t do that right away.

‘I think if I’d had done that straight away, folk will have said, ‘Why would you change round all the stuff Sir Alex Ferguson has done?’ It’s a gradual change. Obviously, players will come and go, that’s football.

‘That will take a little bit of time. I hope it doesn’t take much time. I think most people understand that it will take a little bit of time to settle in. You have a squad at Manchester United. I’m getting to know the players.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2530038/Moyes-United-reign-spend-January.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭F.J.

An article on Moyes and transfers to tie in with the above
    http://es.pn/1ikMz8s

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

‘I think if I’d had done that straight away, folk will have said, ‘Why would you change round all the stuff Sir Alex Ferguson has done?’

We really wouldn't have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

• Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Devil08

‘At a club like United, we want to sign the best, elite players. A lot of them might be at other clubs right now and might not be gettable.'

I bloody hope they are at other clubs. Moyes is horrible to listen to at times, even worse reading his quotes, seems like he just rambles on and spouts rubbish

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

We need to bid for Gundogan. He is exactly the type of player we need. If we were willing to throw 100m at Tottenham for Bale then we definitely have the money to buy him, even if its a bit too much. The club needs to start paying big money for big players again.

• Advertisement

Today is like a April fools day in Spain, so please beware of links with us and Spanish based players :P

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

J. Marston wrote: »
    We really wouldn't have.

They did, coaching changes as an example

DM-ICE wrote: »
    They did, coaching changes as an example

Depends, if he made a few changes to the playing staff and we were top of the league, or in the top 2 and playing well, after getting rid of a bit of dead wood and bringing in some quality you would be a brave man to criticize that.

If however we were languishing in mid table after a few playing staff changes he would be up there to be shot at.

Human nature

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

I wonder could.... Fabio or Buttner do a job at RB? Preferably Fabio since Buttner is beyond shít, but still.

KH25 wrote: »
    We need to bid for Gundogan. He is exactly the type of player we need. If we were willing to throw 100m at Tottenham for Bale then we definitely have the money to buy him, even if its a bit too much. The club needs to start paying big money for big players again.

Be great buy, but I heard in last couple of months that Madrid or Barca are almost certain to get him in summer.

Now how true that is im not sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

MagicIRL wrote: »
    I wonder could.... Fabio or Buttner do a job at RB? Preferably Fabio since Buttner is beyond shít, but still.
    Fabio can and has done a job at right back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,845 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Buttner is not bad on the ball, just rubbish positional sense and not the greatest at closing down.

I reckon Smalling will start and Vidic Evans will be the CBs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Devil08

Who gives a ****e about right back! It's not like Norwich have ronaldo on the left wing. Anyone we put there should be strong enough. Should be talking about our attacking options

Be great buy, but I heard in last couple of months that Madrid or Barca are almost certain to get him in summer.

Now how true that is im not sure.

Doubt he will go to Barca or Cesc will really have to consider his future at the club, If he goes to madrid, then I would expect Modric would leave.

If we miss out on him we might still win.

beno619 wrote: »
    Doubt he will go to Barca or Cesc will really have to consider his future at the club, If he goes to madrid, then I would expect Modric would leave.

If we miss out on him we might still win.

As I say the rumour might be just that, a rumour.

Be a super buy, but I wonder even if we were interested would he look at Kagawa for example and might that put him off coming here?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement