Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14 Mod warning post #718

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Devil08 wrote: »
    Who gives a ****e about right back! It's not like Norwich have ronaldo on the left wing. Anyone we put there should be strong enough. Should be talking about our attacking options

You know they beat us last year.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Plenty of room for Gundogan at Real.

I don't see it as a Modric or Gun scenario. I agree that Barca are already stacked in midfield.

Hopefully Sahin move puts him off Madrid put he ignores the Kagawa to United one..........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Who gives a ****e about right back! It's not like Norwich have ronaldo on the left wing. Anyone we put there should be strong enough. Should be talking about our attacking options

Have you even watched United play this season (or last considering we lost to them last season)?

We struggled at HULL. ****ING HULL!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Have you even watched United play this season (or last considering we lost to them last season)?

Didnt Hull have the best home defensive record or something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Timmyctc wrote: »
    Didnt Hull have the best home defensive record or something?

Home defence, yes. Not home attack. We're the defending champions and they put two past us! :'(

Plus, we barely held our lead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Home defence, yes. Not home attack. We're the defending champions and they put two past us! :'(

Plus, we barely held our lead.

While our winner was extremely fortuitous their two goals were as poxy as you like. The corner that never was and what was basically an own goal. They were lucky to have gone ahead and everything worked out for the best
    :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,592 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Robbie Savage on twitter suggesting Rooney will miss todays game. Anyone hear anything else about this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Be a super buy, but I wonder even if we were interested would he look at Kagawa for example and might that put him off coming here?
    DM-ICE wrote: »
    Hopefully Sahin move puts him off Madrid put he ignores the Kagawa to United one..........

Its possible but Shinji has two world class forwards ahead of him, Sahin never had a hope of breaking into that Madrid side.

One thing we can offer him is an almost guaranteed start in the heart of our midfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

It turns out there is a second release clause in Ravels contract. I wonder will we bid fro him in January.
    West Ham have to quadruple Morrison’s wages to keep him at the club if they receive a £10 million offer for the midfielder.

Morrison earns around £15,000 a week and the clause states that he will be entitled to a pay rise to £60,000 a week if West Ham receive a £10 million bid and want to keep him.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/west-ham/10539972/West-Ham-face-losing-Ravel-Morrison-over-extraordinary-clause-for-concern.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

lol, full back IS an attacking position, even more true in a Moye's side.

Smalling is the worst of the options available in that sense, he is not at all properly attack minded for the full back position, and him and Valencia down the right is nearly always a disaster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

I think a more realistic scenario is Madrid buying Gundogan and us bidding for whoever they will let go to fund it.

Not ideal as he's probably on par or even better than all their current players in that position and will probably cost less than what they'll look for for Khedira and Modric.

We'll see how it goes, he'd be a dream signing.

Hopefully its not Khedira, lots of energy but definitely not whats required.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

It turns out there is a second release clause in Ravels contract. I wonder will we bid fro him in January.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/west-ham/10539972/West-Ham-face-losing-Ravel-Morrison-over-extraordinary-clause-for-concern.html

Will we bid for him? You having a laugh??

scudzilla wrote: »
    Will we bid for him? You having a laugh??

No, why does the idea seem so far fetched? We have two release clauses in the contract so there was intent to monitor his devepopment. We need players in that area. I have heard lots of fans say they would like him back. His behaviour has seemingly improved if reports are to be believed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Oregano_State

I think a more realistic scenario is Madrid buying Gundogan and us bidding for whoever they will let go to fund it.

Not ideal as he's probably on par or even better than all their current players in that position and will probably cost less than what they'll look for for Khedira and Modric.

We'll see how it goes, he'd be a dream signing.

I'd prefer Modric tbh. Already used to living in England and the EPL.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

Hull had only let in 3 goals at home til that game and are not playing badly

Hull were also blessed to be two up. The goal from the corner was never a corner and Evans fecked up twice in one move for the second, eventually dinking the ball past his own keeper. A pure moment of individual error.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭jebus84

talkSPORT reporting Rooney has not travelled today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭markc91

Rich Laverty ‏@JournoRich 2m
    Moyes confirms Rooney hasn't travelled to Norwich. #MUFC

FFS!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

magnumbud wrote: »
    Hull had only let in 3 goals at home til that game and are not playing badly

They have a false home defence record. When you look at who they have played it does not carry much weight.

They got a bit of luck and caught us cold with two early goals, the team showed great character and fought back to get the lead, injury forced a sub but other then that the subs were positive from Moyes, Valencia stupidly got himself sent off and put us under pressure for the last few minutes.

If it hadn't been for the sending off I am pretty sure the last few minutes would have been more comfortable. We saw it through and were easily the better team on the day.

Keeps the momentum going, job done.

• Advertisement

I hope leaving Rooney out doesn't backfire

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Concerning that Rooney hasn't travelled. Hopefully just a not serious/precaution/rest issue.

Shinji and Chicha need games anyway, we should have enough to beat this Norwich side.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭MANUTD99

Al Capwned wrote: »
    Concerning that Rooney hasn't travelled. Hopefully just a not serious/precaution/rest issue.

I doubt it is a rest issue. He is virtually carrying the team at the moment and we are struggling against poor opposition. Would be madness to leave him out for a rest

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Rooney is only back from an injury, it can't be a surprise to see him not in the match squad today when he only played 48 hour as ago.

Still a massive loss of course.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

I hope leaving Rooney out doesn't backfire

there is no way he is left out must be precaution.

is his contract sorted yet? before anyone else joins that should be #1 priority for the club.

he has been immense for you's and it boggles the mind to think where you's would be now without him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Kagawa in behind should be enough to beat Norwich, if he's not then he has no business playing in the EPL

Already without RVP we cant afford to overdo it with Rooney, the squad has enough there, it should be able to beat Norwich with Danny, Chicha and Kagawa, Im just hoping the team is set up well.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Tbh, if we can't beat Norwich without Rooney, then things are worse than we feared....

Kagawa in behind should be enough to beat Norwich, if he's not then he has no business playing in the EPL

Ah yes, he will be playing them on his own after all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Headshot wrote: »
    I didn't particularly like how fergusion was sitting up in the stands with a load of players wearing a utd tracksuit
    MANUTD99 wrote: »
    I doubt it is a rest issue. He is virtually carrying the team at the moment and we are struggling against poor opposition. Would be madness to leave him out for a rest

Completely agree.
    Rather hear about a poor decision to leave him out than an injury though, if you get me.

Tbh, if we can't beat Norwich without Rooney, then things are worse than we feared....

Norwich have a good record against us in recent games. I think they have won 2 of the last 3 games at Carrow Rd.

If there was no problem with Rooney he should of least been just put on the bench

Would also like to see Fabio starting, leave Smalling and Evans to build there partnership, Redmond will provide a challenge for whoever plays right back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Agueroooo wrote: »
    it boggles the mind to think where you's would be now without him.
    You can say that about a player on almost any team. There's every chance we could be in a better position had he gone in the Summer and the right player/players brought in.

You can say that about a player on almost any team. There's every chance we could be in a better position had he gone in the Summer and the right player/players brought in.

Ohh my point was about the bumpy patch you's went through. .. Sep-Dec

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Agueroooo wrote: »
    Ohh my point was about the bumpy patch you's went through. .. Sep-Dec
    As in the season so far??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Rooney has been saving us all season, we're screwed without him.

Guaranteed to drop points now.

As in the season so far??

Think you's have turned the corner.

hope im wrong but :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭markc91

Man Utd XI v Norwich: De Gea, Smalling, Vidic, Evans, Evra, Young, Cleverley, Carrick, Giggs, Kagawa, Hernandez. #MUFC #NCFC
    #MUFC subs: Lindegaard, Anderson, Welbeck, Fabio, Fletcher, Zaha, Januzaj

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Wonderful opportunity for Kagawa to show his worth to United.

Didn't Kagawa score a hat trick in this game last time out

Didn't Kagawa score a hat trick in this game last time out

He scored a hattrick v Norwich alright, wasn't at Carrow Road though, oddly enough he played from the left that day :D

A repeat of the hattrick would be very welcome today of course

Oh, Carrick and Clev is a partnership I hate, hoping that Kagawa will be a good foil for them though

For anyone who doesn't know, interview with Adnan on MUTV at the mo (freeview)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

kryogen wrote: »
    For anyone who doesn't know, interview with Adnan on MUTV at the mo (freeview)

Cheers

Big conundrum for me as the Gary Anderson v MVG game is on same time as united and I'd have too get a stream for the united game which bugs me!

• Advertisement

Rooney has had a recurrence of the groin injury

Should be back for the Spurs game though apparently

"Wayne Rooney didn't travel to Norwich due to the recurrence of a groin strain. He should be available for #mufc vs @SpursOfficial on 1 Jan."

Probably got the pain in his bollocks from playing out of his own 25 yard line all the time lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

kryogen wrote: »
    He scored a hattrick v Norwich alright, wasn't at Carrow Road though, oddly enough he played from the left that day

A repeat of the hattrick would be very welcome today of course

3 goal win moves United above Everton to 5th! :o

Hopefully Giggs will play out wide and Shinji is behind Chicha though I highly doubt it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,394 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

MANUTD99 wrote: »
    "Wayne Rooney didn't travel to Norwich due to the recurrence of a groin strain. He should be available for #mufc vs @SpursOfficial on 1 Jan."

Probably got the pain in his bollocks from playing out of his own 25 yard line all the time lol

Presumably you mean the imaginary one? :p

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement