Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14 Mod warning post #718

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

RobertKK wrote: »
    If Moyes feels Zaha can't do the job he wants and feels Valencia is and has when he compares them, then Moyes is right to pick the player who he feels is best.

So lets go with this. Moyes feels Valencia is doing the job Moyes wants him to do. What do you think that job is?

His attacking return is poor, he was nothing great defensively, and he contributes nothing to a midfield passing or possession game, so what is the job he is doing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

beno619 wrote: »
    Fergie used Kagawa way better, he played behind RVP at the start of the season and the football was flowing. Kagawa was very effective under Fergie.

On Adnan. If anything he has carried senior players this year not the other way around.

Most of Moyes team selections this year have been appalling so I don't know why the mention of Zaha and Fabio causes such outrage .

Fergie did not use Kagawa way better, this is just wrong.

Adnan may be carrying some players offensively, but they in turn are having to carry him defensively

Moyes team selections this year have bugged the hell out of me, and I would love to see Fabio playing more, calling for them to be given time is not causing an outrage, using them as a stick to beat the manager with is causing irritation though.

There could be any number of reasons why neither have seen much action. "Moyes is stupid" is more then likely not one of them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

kryogen wrote: »
    Sweet suffering Jesus

Fergie also preferred Valencia to Nani, did that tell you all you needed to know about Fergie?

YOU may not know whether Zaha is good enough defensively but I would imagine the fella who see's him in training every day of the week probably has a good idea

I remember screaming for Nani's inclusion when we dipped at the end of last season.

Fergie game him a game against Chelsea and he was woefull. Everything he touched went to a Chelsea played and I think he had a hand in the Chelsea goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,756 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

So lets go with this. Moyes feels Valencia is doing the job Moyes wants him to do. What do you think that job is?

His attacking return is poor, he was nothing great defensively, and he contributes nothing to a midfield passing or possession game, so what is the job he is doing?

Yeah we know he could do a lot better.
    He scored 2 goals in the CL and provided one assist.
    He scored 1 goal in the league and two assists.

He had to play in right back too this season, but here is the thing - Young has improved recently and I would put him ahead of Zaha at the moment, then you have Januzaj - also ahead of Zaha, and I feel Moyes trusts Valencia on the field which would put him ahead of Zaha. Nani is ahead of Zaha.
    Zaha is not exactly at the head of the queue when it comes to being picked.

I remember screaming for Nani's inclusion when we dipped at the end of last season.

Fergie game him a game against Chelsea and he was woefull. Everything he touched went to a Chelsea played and I think he had a hand in the Chelsea goal.

Nani is a super player, he, like Rooney, needs a run of games to get the best out of him. I don't know whether in his case its because he is too eager to impress when he gets back in the team or what. It has always been like that though.

Really hope he gets back to fitness this season and nails down his spot in the team again, a genuine match winner and its not like we are over flowing with them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

You are unable to back your argument up it seems.

You want to stop?
    :rolleyes:
    Let me ask you one simple question

Do you think you know more about the player performances in the United squad, day in day out, then the manager?
    Yes I do, give me some millions please. :rolleyes:
    If your answer is no, then consider that maybe its possible that the player in question is simply not showing enough to be included. Think that the evidence that is on hand suggests that if you are good enough you will get your playing time
    I have no intention of pretending I know what happens day in/day out at Manchester United. But I do know that for many players you don't really know what they are about until you see them actually playing games, this has always been the case. And until he actually plays some games David Moyes is not going to know how good Zaha really is.

I have said repeatedly that Zaha could turn out to be rubbish, the point is that we don't know. You are trying to say that he hasn't earned a chance and that would be a perfectly valid point, except that the guy keeping him out of the team has been demonstrably rubbish all season. So hence my point, Moyes doesn't rate him and he could be right, but what exactly does has he got to lose here. Swapping one rubbish right winger for another?

Fergie did not use Kagawa way better, this is just wrong.

Adnan may be carrying some players offensively, but they in turn are having to carry him defensively

Moyes team selections this year have bugged the hell out of me, and I would love to see Fabio playing more, calling for them to be given time is not causing an outrage, using them as a stick to beat the manager with is causing irritation though.

There could be any number of reasons why neither have seen much action. "Moyes is stupid" is more then likely not one of them

Kagawa under Fergie vs Kagawa under Moyes would point to Fergie using him better.

Adnan puts in a shift defensively. His positioning isn't great which to be expected but the work rate is top notch. I don't subscribe to the fact he is a liabily defensively.

Why not beat him with a stick ? People complain he is defensive then others suggest playing more progressive players. The same posters that complain about tactics then use our fragility as justification for why Moyes shouldn't drop players we all agree are underperforming.

My head hurts.

I cant keep going round in circles.

I have put forward some pretty plausible reasons behind Zaha not being in the team, you just ignore them and fail to address any point unless its with a smart arse reply and a very clever smiley.

/

Kagawa under Fergie vs Kagawa under Moyes would point to Fergie using him better.

Adnan puts in a shift defensively. His positioning isn't great which to be expected but the work rate is top notch. I don't substitute to the fact he is a liabily defensively.

Why not beat him with a stick ? People complain he is defensive then others suggest playing more progressive players. The same posters that complain about tactics then use our fragility as justification for why Moyes shouldn't drop players we all agree are underperforming.

My head hurts.

You are just wrong about Kagawa and I couldn't be arsed continuing that line with you, its ludicrous.

Adnan is very poor defensively, if you don't see that, again I give up.

Moyes pisses me off, he infuriates me in certain ways. This would not be one of them. What exactly do you want? A team needs balance. That is pretty important.

Take some paracetemol or go to bed.

My head regularly hurts in here and that is the best cure

RobertKK wrote: »
    Yeah we know he could do a lot better.
    He scored 2 goals in the CL and provided one assist.
    He scored 1 goal in the league and two assists.

He had to play in right back too this season, but here is the thing - Young has improved recently and I would put him ahead of Zaha at the moment, then you have Januzaj - also ahead of Zaha, and I feel Moyes trusts Valencia on the field which would put him ahead of Zaha. Nani is ahead of Zaha.
    Zaha is not exactly at the head of the queue when it comes to being picked.

Young's improvement came from Moyes giving him minutes.

That is all some posters have suggested should be afforded to Zaha, Fabio and me personally Anderson.
    I don't know why this should cause such outrage here.

@kryogen
    I agree Nani is a top player on his day and needs games.

• Advertisement

Young's improvement came from Moyes giving him minutes.

That is all some posters have suggested should be afforded to Zaha, Fabio and me personally Anderson.
    I don't know why this should cause such outrage here.

@kryogen
    I agree Nani is a top player on his day and needs games.

Young has been injured, how could he be played, when he was injured?

Ando, I dunno, he clearly isn't injured, I wish he was playing more, but maybe he is being held back to be unleashed on teams after Christmas (:))

Fabio I wish got more minutes, Zaha, Im completely ok with his role as of yet, think he should go on loan if possible to a prem team

You are just wrong about Kagawa and I couldn't be arsed continuing that line with you, its ludicrous.

Adnan is very poor defensively, if you don't see that, again I give up.

Moyes pisses me off, he infuriates me in certain ways. This would not be one of them. What exactly do you want? A team needs balance. That is pretty important.

Take some paracetemol or go to bed.

My head regularly hurts in here and that is the best cure

At this point last season Kagawa was performing better under Fergie than he is for Moyes. I wouldn't say Fergie was getting the best out of him but was definitely doing a better job than Moyes.

I have seen examples of poor defensive positioning and good from adnan again expected given his experience but surely you would agree he puts in a shift ?

Yes and he has done an awful job at balancing the side. When he did manage to put Zaha on he had him and Adnan on the wrong wings !

How do you mean had them on the wrong wings?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Arguing about football at 2 in the morning..... You can hear the transfer window creep up :D

How do you mean had them on the wrong wings?

He brought on Zaha, moved Adnan to the right then put Zaha on the left. Quite strange at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

He brought on Zaha, moved Adnan to the right then put Zaha on the left. Quite strange at the time.

Zaha mainly played left wing for palace and adnan is 2 footed and plays a good bit for the reserves on the right so not that bad really

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

I cant keep going round in circles.

I have put forward some pretty plausible reasons behind Zaha not being in the team, you just ignore them and fail to address any point unless its with a smart arse reply and a very clever smiley.

/

Everyone knows everything there is to know from watching the team for 90 mins on TV you see.

Like when all those people were saying for years that Carrick added nothing.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Ya let's drop Valencia (10 years or so of prem experience) and play Zaha. Who so far is last in the line of wingers at the club.

Ya if he plays poorly and causes a goal and the team lose all of us will go ah sure at least it wasn't Valencia.

Zaha at the moment isn't good enough. Even in the u21s he hasn't looked amazing. Best game was against Blackburn recently other than that there are younger players more impressive at underage than him.

Not saying he won't make it. But people need to watch him play (if that's at u21s so be it) before making a decision.

magnumbud wrote: »
    Zaha mainly played left wing for palace and adnan is 2 footed and plays a good bit for the reserves on the right so not that bad really

I think is was the West brom game and we were crying for some width.

Disappointing to hear is Zaha really has been that poor for the reserves, but if players are not performing something needs to change. If their are young players outshining Zaha then they should be given a shot.

Look at the extreme complacency that has crept into some players games, Evra particularly. His performances improved after Buttners debut last season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

I remember Zaha single handedly tearing our lads a new one in a League Cup quarter final. He has something about him for sure. Any time I've seen him play in a United shirt he looks to be trying a bit too hard.
    He was far more productive with his final ball in the games I seen him play for Palace. Hopefully he can sort it out, there's always been room for a decent, tricky winger at this club.

• Advertisement

Zaha mainly played left (I see someone has already pointed this out) and Adnan is arguably more comfortable on the right then the left, from watching him over the last few years his positions would be AMC---RM----LM in that order in terms of preference.

Nothing wrong with where they were playing at all.

Just under 13 hours till it is happy new transfer window....with the subsequent anxiety, hope, disappointment and if lucky: excitement...

There is all the Gareth Bale money that went unspent on Gareth Bale...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Zaha to me was such a strange transfer from sir alex, he knew he was leaving so i dont think the transfer was needed cause moyes doesnt seem to rate him at all

sky88 wrote: »
    Zaha to me was such a strange transfer from sir alex, he knew he was leaving so i dont think the transfer was needed cause moyes doesnt seem to rate him at all

It is very strange that he went ahead with the transfer knowing he wouldn't be around.

I always think back to that bit in his book where he says he hopes he didn't leave people down by retiring, namely RVP and Kagawa who were both assured he would not be retiring any time soon when they signed, to me he seems to be suggesting they would not have signed if they had known he was going.

Wonder did it knock Zaha a bit too? Expecting to be playing under SAF and when he arrives he is gone, they guy who wanted him at the club is no longer there, new manager doesn't seem to fancy him, could have made a huge mistake etc.

Hopefully he works it out cause he certainly has the potential there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,844 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Apols if its posted already but Everton boss Martinez replies to media on Baines and\or Barkley joining in January as a compliment but no chance of happening, and that he has money to spend himself to strengthen squad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

lordgoat wrote: »
    Ya let's drop Valencia (10 years or so of prem experience) and play Zaha. Who so far is last in the line of wingers at the club.

Ya if he plays poorly and causes a goal and the team lose all of us will go ah sure at least it wasn't Valencia.

Zaha at the moment isn't good enough. Even in the u21s he hasn't looked amazing. Best game was against Blackburn recently other than that there are younger players more impressive at underage than him.

Not saying he won't make it. But people need to watch him play (if that's at u21s so be it) before making a decision.

Valencia has caused three goals himself off the top of my head this year two against City and the goal against Everton. His crossing is just awful for a winger and he just doesn't create enough for a winger.

I really don't see the negative in giving Zaha a game. It is a busy period players should be rotated ffs Bebe got games. It's not like Zaha is some 17 year old signed from league 2 with no experience. He is an under 21 international and won the Championship player of the year last year. What's the worst that can happen he puts in a few bad games fair enough but at least give him a chance. It could work wonders by giving him a chance in the first team he could hit the ground running and give the whole team a lift. Worst case he struggles and we send him on loan. Far worse players have been given a chance than him i don't see how you can say he is not good enough i don't know what you can base this on.

If you want to use the under 21's as an example. Pogba in his last season didn't stand out and he then walks into a midfield twice as good as ours and is probably the standout young player in the world. You don't know how players will perform when getting a run in the team. Some can struggle at first and some can relish it and improve massively from playing first team football. From watching Palace last season in their last few games he was fantastic with so much pressure on him. He is raw but i think if he is trusted with games he is the type of player who will step up. I really don't see how anybody could be against him being given a shot. Worst case he performs poorly then he will be at the same level as our current wingers and best case he performs well and gives the team a lift.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

sky88 wrote: »

Same reason he bought Jones and Smalling. The potential was there and was affordable so take a punt and hope for the best. If they don't work out so be it, if they do they are cheap acquisitions and more importantly Wenger and Co. did not get to realise their potential.

Bayern Munich have had this policy for years, buying German League stars even though their positions are already covered in the squad. Best to let them get game time on your time than strengthen your opposition.

Been the United policy for a long time too in fairness, buying up the best talent/potential in England

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Arsenal where sniffing around Zaha at the time, we overpaid but I def would have signed him, Moyes knows whats hes doing, we will see Zaha more over the coming months.

• Advertisement

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Valencia has caused three goals himself off the top of my head this year two against City and the goal against Everton. His crossing is just awful for a winger and he just doesn't create enough for a winger.

I really don't see the negative in giving Zaha a game. It is a busy period players should be rotated ffs Bebe got games. It's not like Zaha is some 17 year old signed from league 2 with no experience. He is an under 21 international and won the Championship player of the year last year. What's the worst that can happen he puts in a few bad games fair enough but at least give him a chance. It could work wonders by giving him a chance in the first team he could hit the ground running and give the whole team a lift. Worst case he struggles and we send him on loan. Far worse players have been given a chance than him i don't see how you can say he is not good enough i don't know what you can base this on.

If you want to use the under 21's as an example. Pogba in his last season didn't stand out and he then walks into a midfield twice as good as ours and is probably the standout young player in the world. You don't know how players will perform when getting a run in the team. Some can struggle at first and some can relish it and improve massively from playing first team football. From watching Palace last season in their last few games he was fantastic with so much pressure on him. He is raw but i think if he is trusted with games he is the type of player who will step up. I really don't see how anybody could be against him being given a shot. Worst case he performs poorly then he will be at the same level as our current wingers and best case he performs well and gives the team a lift.

You don't see the neg in playing him.
    I do.
    I can remember a goal or two that Zaha cost in the reserves. Honestly I don't get the love for him. People haven't seen him play and he has a cool name is the best reason I can think of.

Bebe went into a much better team than the one we have now.

Pogba in his last season. How many of those games did you watch? He was no where near as bad as being made out. And he should have been playing. He's also a much better player than Zaha. Then and now he was ahead yet he didn't get games.

I'm not against giving him a shot. But to get that shot he needs to be playing better than all other players in his position or at least at a comparable level. Right now he's not. So I'm not crying when I don't see his name on the team sheet. (Not saying you are )

Sorry if this is more ratty than I intended. Currently job searching before my contract runs out and in a bad auld mood etc!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Arsenal where sniffing around Zaha at the time, we overpaid but I def would have signed him, Moyes knows whats hes doing, we will see Zaha more over the coming months.

does anyboy know how much we actually paid for Zaha? i assume its something like 10million with the rest depending on appearances, honours and international caps?

im happy for him to wait and develop like Bale, Walcott, Ramsey.....all them players had it in them ,just needed time though of course i am sure there many examples of players who looked good at a young age but never made it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

lordgoat wrote: »
    You don't see the neg in playing him.
    I do.
    I can remember a goal or two that Zaha cost in the reserves. Honestly I don't get the love for him. People haven't seen him play and he has a cool name is the best reason I can think of.

Bebe went into a much better team than the one we have now.

Pogba in his last season. How many of those games did you watch? He was no where near as bad as being made out. And he should have been playing. He's also a much better player than Zaha. Then and now he was ahead yet he didn't get games.

I'm not against giving him a shot. But to get that shot he needs to be playing better than all other players in his position or at least at a comparable level. Right now he's not. So I'm not crying when I don't see his name on the team sheet. (Not saying you are )

Sorry if this is more ratty than I intended. Currently job searching before my contract runs out and in a bad auld mood etc!

Of course their is negatives to him playing all young players are a risk. But it is not a huge risk considering the performances of our wingers. What's the risk if anything it could give the likes of Valencia the kick up the hole he needs. Players like Valencia and Evra have got complacent they have been useless but know they will still play anyway.

On reserve football i really don;t think you can judge him on that i can only presume you didn't bother watching him play for Palace. It's a big ignorant to say people haven't watched him play. I certainly watched a few Palace matches after we signed him and he was the standout player in the league. He dragged an average Palace team through the play offs go watch the play off games if you want to see why he deserves a chance. Then go watch pre season while you can see he is raw he showed more than enough to show he should get some games.

I watched a good few of those games from Pogba and he was no standout player in his last season in the reserves. I really don't think you can use reserves as a judge of a player. Is their any youth player in his position who could have done what he done last season the answer is no. I honestly don;t know how anybody can be against giving a young talented player some games when the players playing ahead of him are performing so poorly and deserved to be dropped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Didn't know that Ribeiro won the Brazil league's player of the year ahead of Neymar last season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Didn't know that Ribeiro won the Brazil league's player of the year ahead of Neymar last season

saw that in one of the articles posted about him.

Question for ye lads,wouldn't he be denied a work permit as he doesn't meet the criteria?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

We better be signing this CM

• Advertisement

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Of course their is negatives to him playing all young players are a risk. But it is not a huge risk considering the performances of our wingers. What's the risk if anything it could give the likes of Valencia the kick up the hole he needs. Players like Valencia and Evra have got complacent they have been useless but know they will still play anyway.

On reserve football i really don;t think you can judge him on that i can only presume you didn't bother watching him play for Palace. It's a big ignorant to say people haven't watched him play. I certainly watched a few Palace matches after we signed him and he was the standout player in the league. He dragged an average Palace team through the play offs go watch the play off games if you want to see why he deserves a chance. Then go watch pre season while you can see he is raw he showed more than enough to show he should get some games.

I watched a good few of those games from Pogba and he was no standout player in his last season in the reserves. I really don't think you can use reserves as a judge of a player. Is their any youth player in his position who could have done what he done last season the answer is no. I honestly don;t know how anybody can be against giving a young talented player some games when the players playing ahead of him are performing so poorly and deserved to be dropped.

The negatives for me are him being out of his depth and getting destroyed. Losing confidence and setting him back. I saw him for palace and yep he looked good. Raw but good. At the time I still thought he would have a lot to do to step up.

This season in particular united are more cautious and coupled with a bad start it doesn't lead to good curcumstNces for him.

But for me it comes back to if he's good enough he will get a chance. But if he's not the manager will go with experience. And to me that's fair enough.

In the game time he has got he's not done anything to change this. I will say he's not got much.

And on the topic of youth teams. Of course you can judge them. Eh look at Michael Keane last season. Playing too good for the underage team got a loan and played the last half of the season at CB. just as good as Zaha IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 627 ✭✭✭blueshed

fairly hard to predict the team for tomorrow with so many injuries added to the fact that a few lads played both games over christmas and maybe carrying knocks/fatigue.

confirmed out - Rafael, Jones, Fellaini, Nani.

doubtful - Rio, Rooney, RVP.

valencia is available i think which is strange as his 2nd yellow was also his 5th of the season, so i would have expected 2 seperate 1 game suspensions, but apparently it doesnt work like that.

RasTa wrote: »
    We better be signing this CM

He plays the same position as Koke as far as I know, he's obviously talented but if it's a choice between the two I'd rather Koke.

Don't think there's been any real links with him, it all seems to be coming from him saying he wants to play for United.

yabadabado wrote: »
    Question for ye lads,wouldn't he be denied a work permit as he doesn't meet the criteria?

there normally is a way around it, with the "special talent" thing. the only time ive seen this being denied, was when we signed that Brazilian center back, Celio Silva about 15 years ago. the problem then was the fact he was 29 where as Ribeiro is much younger.

eitherway, it looks unlikely that Ribeiro will be playing for us in January, appears that he is going to stay with them for at least another 6 months so i think the best we can manage is a pre contract like Smalling, Hernandez and Zaha as we have done in the last 3 January windows.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Our injuries for past 3-4 years have been horrendous.

Sometimes I forget what players even play for us if they are out for a while.

You could count in 1 hand the amount of times we have had full first team squad available.

Least 1 of our top players is missing all the time.

Sick of it!

You could count in 1 hand the amount of times we have had full first team squad available.

Sick of it!

F**king Moyes and his F**king training

He plays the same position as Koke as far as I know, he's obviously talented but if it's a choice between the two I'd rather Koke.

Don't think there's been any real links with him, it all seems to be coming from him saying he wants to play for United.

all comes from this apparent quote.
    Robson Ferreira [Ribeiro's agent] – “Manchester United want him. David Moyes has been impressed. I’ve already been to England.”

and here is some analysis of him.
    Appearing 35 times last season, he helped guide Cruzeiro to the title with a handful of immaculate performances, individual brilliance wouldn’t be an overstatement. With a solid contribution of 7 goals and 11 assists, he was rightfully awarded Brazil’s Player of the Year award.
    Ribeiro’s a very small footballer, his slight physic allows him to weave in and out of defenders with ease. He’s a traditional modern day attacking-midfielder, using pace, flamboyance and technical brilliance to taunt any defence. Seeing the 24-year-old effortlessly glide past opposition players is a recurring theme in every match, reminiscent to his fellow Brazilian, Ronaldinho. Last season he produced 85 chances and over 60 key passes, evidently showing that he symbolises a player of creativity. He also boasts an accomplished 80% pass accuracy, adding a much needed composure to his creativity.
    With all that in mind, he’s also very versatile. A top class player when asked can play almost anywhere [within reason]. In a 4-2-3-1 the Brazilian can play comfortably on the right or left side, he can also patrol behind the striker with great effect. Right midfield is probably his prime position, it allows him to famously cut inside with an injection of pace, opening up the chance to shoot with his deadly left foot.
    At times this season, United have been rightfully criticised for their lack of creativity and purpose going forward. Ribeiro would certainly change this, his style of play would bring some impetus and energy to United’s forward play, meaning we’d have to rely less on the likes of Rooney and Januzaj. In my eyes, signing the Brazilian prodigy for a respectful £15m would be an absolute bargain, hopefully David Moyes and Woodward go about their business efficiently and sign him before anyone else does.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Followed Utds fitness coach on twitter. The first tweet i saw from him was an article 'High Intensity Training essential' !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Followed Utds fitness coach on twitter. The first tweet i saw from him was an article 'High Intensity Training essential' !

I would imagine that if Moyes succeed in rebuilding the United team with young players, high intensity training will benefit them. It's players with an injury history, or nearly the end of the road that it'll be dangerous for. imo.

That's a good write up cheers homer

But YouTube videos I've watched of him he's always been in the hole, and I thought we'd be buying him to turn him into an attacking CM, that write up says he's best as a right sided player and is most effective there?

Maybe a replacement for one of Valencia/Nani, it still doesn't solve the CM problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

That's a good write up cheers homer

But YouTube videos I've watched of him he's always been in the hole, and I thought we'd be buying him to turn him into an attacking CM, that write up says he's best as a right sided player and is most effective there?

Maybe a replacement for one of Valencia/Nani, it still doesn't solve the CM problem.

I took it to mean he is a creative midfielder who'll push from CM into the hole or favoured out right when attacking. Sounds like a perfect fit imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Sick of it!

Bah, you should try supporting Arsenal.

Actually. We should wait till Rafael finally gets fit and puts in a great 38 game season and then buy him off you. :D

In other parallels. People shouldn't fall for the 'he's young English and amazing' stuff that comes with Zaha.

There's a massive massive difference between being good in the championship and in the premiership. We bought Ox and Walcott in very similar deals and it's taken them years to come on to the required level. ox hasn't even yet tbh.

People saying Zaha should be in the team are basing their argument on practically nothing apart from some hope they have that he'd be an improvement on Valencia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

MagicIRL wrote: »
    I would imagine that if Moyes succeed in rebuilding the United team with young players, high intensity training will benefit them. It's players with an injury history, or nearly the end of the road that it'll be dangerous for. imo.

Agree... I worry tho that the coaches are doing the same High intensity training with all players at the same level.
    Rooney needs it. RVP doesnt.. For example.

Chelsea are predicted to go after Luke Shaw in the upcoming transfer window.
    It is in the papers that this will bring United into the chase for his signature, with at least £20 million being touted, though Southampton say they are not selling.
    Claims that United will not be going after Baines.

If Nani and /or Valencia are sold then Ribeiro would make sense, and it still means money will have to be spent on a creative central midfielder.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement