Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14 Mod warning post #718

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Nolars wrote: »
    DDG
    Smalling Vidic Evans Evra
    Valencia Carrick Clev Jan
    Kagawa
    Welbeck

That lineup would beat spurs at home.

I'll be hiding behind the couch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Interview with Fergie this morning on the radio if anybody is interested. Interview starts around 6 minutes in although there's some great moments of commentary before hand.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p01n5wv2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Still get goosebumps from that Macheda goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

beno619 wrote: »
    Still get goosebumps from that Macheda goal.

remember it as if it was yesterday, the sheer noise inside the ground was just deafening.

after Scholes goal v Barcelona, its my best moment in 12 years at Old Trafford.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

Happy New Year guys. Lets hope for a good start tomorrow! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Rooney didnt train.... Sounds like hes out for match tomorrow.
    Hop they surprise us tho.
    Spurs match is a huge game for Utd to continue their run of results. A win would be a massive result. Especially if theyre missing RVP and Rooney.

Has Rooney a very poor record of playing these games in recent years, ie Xmas and or New Year Games? Maybe I'm mistaken, but from memory he seems to have been MIA about this time more than once in recent Years?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,844 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

remember it as if it was yesterday, the sheer noise inside the ground was just deafening.

after Scholes goal v Barcelona, its my best moment in 12 years at Old Trafford.

I'd have Owens goal v City ahead of it for me. Where you there? That was madness!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Trilla wrote: »
    I'd have Owens goal v City ahead of it for me. Where you there? That was madness!

Yeah that's my number 1. Although wasn't at Barca and sold my ticket last min for Villa.

Overall #1 was Rooney peno to win the league(19) at Blackburn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Has Rooney a very poor record of playing these games in recent years, ie Xmas and or New Year Games? Maybe I'm mistaken, but from memory he seems to have been MIA about this time more than once in recent Years?

I think it's safe to say that he gorged on the food and drink over Christmas and that's why he's not playing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

I think it's safe to say that he gorged on the food and drink over Christmas and that's why he's not playing.

Weren't him and someone else (Jonny Evans?) dropped couple seasons ago for Blackburn at home when they beat us for being out or having wine with dinner or summat?
    Memory sketchy at best!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Al Capwned wrote: »
    Weren't him and someone else (Jonny Evans?) dropped couple seasons ago for Blackburn at home when they beat us for being out or having wine with dinner or summat?
    Memory sketchy at best!

He went for dinner with Darren Gibson!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

RasTa wrote: »
    Yeah that's my number 1. Although wasn't at Barca and sold my ticket last min for Villa.

Overall #1 was Rooney peno to win the league(19) at Blackburn
    Really? Odd enough one but each to their own! I know mine is odd aswell but it has to be Hernadez's quick-fire goal against Chelsea in 2011 that essential won us the league for the 19th time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    Really? Odd enough one but each to their own! I know mine is odd aswell but it has to be Hernadez's quick-fire goal against Chelsea in 2011 that essential won us the league for the 19th time!

how is it odd? the goal that won us the league > the one that "essentially" won it, as you said.

Ewood park was absolutely rocking that day, 7,000 in the away end. those sort of days, you cannot forget and being there the day United actually win something are special special days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Last day of the season '99..was in the North Stand with my auld lad as Andy Cole dinked the keeper...panda-freaking-monium! That final 5 minutes I thought I'd have a heart attack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭yomtea98

Nolars wrote: »
    DDG
    Smalling Vidic Evans Evra
    Valencia Carrick Clev Jan
    Kagawa
    Welbeck

That lineup would beat spurs at home.
    No,it wouldn't

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

yomtea98 wrote: »
    No,it wouldn't

Prove it

Or its a paddlin

how is it odd? the goal that won us the league > the one that "essentially" won it, as you said.

Ewood park was absolutely rocking that day, 7,000 in the away end. those sort of days, you cannot forget and being there the day United actually win something are special special days.

Yeah this.

I was at the Chelsea game too but nothing beats an away day crowd, especially at Blackburn

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

so who has been your player of 2013(calendar year)

mine:De Gea i wonder how many points he has saved us,been solid as a rock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

jambofc wrote: »
    so who has been your player of 2013(calendar year)

mine:De Gea i wonder how many points he has saved us,been solid as a rock.

Edit: Didn't see the calender year, thought you meant all season. Probably go with De Gea too then

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Over the 12 months, I'd agree on De Gea.

RVP for the first six months, Rooney for the second, but for the whole 12 months, De Gea.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,588 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Ed Woodward has left the Man Utd New Years Eve party on urgent transfer business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

jaykay74 wrote: »
    Ed Woodward has left the Man Utd New Years Eve party on urgent transfer business.

To clear out his nappy, he just realized the role he was given.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

Jan 1st transfer window is open ... Thank god !

Happy New Year to you all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Have we signed anybody yet?

• Advertisement

Jan 1st transfer window is open ... Thank god !

mbi93q.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

The window is open 30 minutes...
    Have we signed anyone yet???
    Sack Moyes, sack the Board, sack Woodward.. they haven't a clue..............Glazers out...

Happy new year to you all hope 2014 turns into a great year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Have we signed anybody yet?
    Espn have reported that Atletico Madrid have signed Argentine midfielder Jose Sosa on an initial 6 month loan spell with the option to buy from Ukrainian side Metalist Kharkiv
    Atletico Madrid boss Diego Simeone knows all about the Argentine from their time together at Argentine club Estudiantes. The midfield playmaker has been a target for many La Liga clubs, including Malaga and Real Betis, but it is the Rojiblancos that won the race for his signature and the initial loan spell could turn into a €10m transfer at the end of the season.
    The news was of the transfer was reported by the player’s representative Ezequiel Manera on twitter
    “The operation is a loan with an option to buy. Tomorrow Jose Sosa together with Maximiliano Pra will be arriving in Madrid. We appreciate the good will and understanding of the people at Metalist. These six months are very important for Jose.”
    The news itself will have its implication, as David Moyes’ Manchester United have a strong interest in Atletico midfielder Koke and the coveted midfielder might now be approachable.

Happy New Year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Lads this already isnt looking for signings im getting sad :(

Or maybe its cause im posting on a soccer forum at 1.05 on new years day/eve

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

• Advertisement

2014- The year of Anderson has begun

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Mars Bar wrote: »
    I'm sure most of us have. We just think it's quite irrelevant!

You're sound you are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Glad I didn't go out tonight. Night in with bad tv and a few cans. Couldn't help but check Sky Sports a few times just incase something amazing happened in the transfer market regarding United. Optimistic.

It's gonna be slightly depressing if no one comes in. Expected but depressing. Cannot wait for this match tomorrow. A win against Spurs, also City and Chelsea having tough games could be a brilliant start to the new year. Pretty please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Disappointing transfer window so far, I bet Moyes is sleeping right now, wasting precious minutes

Happy New Year lads. Here's hoping we can do the unimaginable and continue our winning streak later today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

No Rooney or Van Persie, we just about got away with that against Norwich. Not gonna happen against a team like Spurs though, they're not going to be as wasteful as Norwich were. Plus Evra vs fecking Lennon again.

I reckon we'll scrape a draw. But with us playing after everyone else, maybe some other results will give the players extra motivation.

Merry New Year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,394 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

J. Marston wrote: »
    No Rooney or Van Persie, we just about got away with that against Norwich. Not gonna happen against a team like Spurs though, they're not going to be as wasteful as Norwich were. Plus Evra vs fecking Lennon again.

I reckon we'll scrape a draw. But with us playing after everyone else, maybe some other results will give the players extra motivation.

Merry New Year.
    What was the result last season away to Norwich? That's right a loss. A win without 2 of the top attacking players in the world is a positive result and in a season of less than positive results it should be looked at as something to build on. Better than Spurs in the last game between the sides too. I'm optimistic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 493 ✭✭elchupanebrey

J. Marston wrote: »

Merry New Year.

Spurs aren't the same team that beat United last season imo. I doubt they'll walk through us again today. Could happen obviously, but I think they've been poor enough of late. Maybe a bit of an upswing in their form since Sherwood took over. As long as it's a good game.......

From RVP'S twitter:

article-2532021-1A5CF41200000578-324_634x632.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Both excited and nervous about today, but most of all fascinated.

Cause it's all well and good the likes of Young and Welbeck upping their game and grinding out results against low table teams. But it's time to carry that form into the bigger games again, and time to get over this "One win against the top 10 teams" mentality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

zerks wrote: »
    From RVP'S twitter:

article-2532021-1A5CF41200000578-324_634x632.jpg

Mark Lawrenson will probably claim that he has inside information that RVP posted this as he is pointing at a future away from Old Trafford.

I take it we still didn't sign anyone then?

Happy New Year everyone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

How is Janko getting annnn? Anyone see him in youth games yet?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Both excited and nervous about today, but most of all fascinated.

Cause it's all well and good the likes of Young and Welbeck upping their game and grinding out results against low table teams. But it's time to carry that form into the bigger games again, and time to get over this "One win against the top 10 teams" mentality.

Does that mentality exist or is just a message board thing?

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Does that mentality exist or is just a message board thing?

Oh it definitely exists.
    Nail on the head actually. :)

Excited, nervous, fascinated - Yep, all of these, as well as a few more.

Soooooooooo,who want's to start the match thread?

65521_zps90551f5b.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Not linked with anyone today, well im shocked.

Al Capwned wrote: »
    Oh it definitely exists.
    Nail on the head actually. :)

Excited, nervous, fascinated - Yep, all of these, as well as a few more.

Not that mentality, the one win over the top ten teams mentality thing I would imagine

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

kryogen wrote: »
    Not that mentality, the one win over the top ten teams mentality thing I would imagine

Yeah that one, is it something the players or manager were talking about?

• Advertisement

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Yeah that one, is it something the players or manager were talking about?

Wouldn't have thought so anyway, cant remember anyone from the club making a deal out of it, just a message board thing I feel.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement