Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14 Mod warning post #718

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Jagielka is out for a month, Everton players starting to drop a little and I think we will see them start to fall away soon (hopefully anyway)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

kryogen wrote: »
    Not that mentality, the one win over the top ten teams mentality thing I would imagine

:o

Can't even blame a hangover. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Chelsea have already signed another midfielder, get the finger out woody.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Mentality, in that regard, is the wrong word I guess. Not sure what the right word would be.

Regardless, I feel that our league position right now comes down to our inability to get a good result against the top 10 teams. Other than the win against Arsenal, we have draws against Chelsea, Spurs, Southampton and losses to City, Liverpool, Everton and Newcastle.

(Actually, since Hull are top 10 now and United are too, really it's our performance against the other top 8 teams in the league).

The mentality, I feel, that is causing us problems is how negative we go in the later half of games, where Moyes seems to retreat into a shell and let the other team come at us. That's one thing against the smaller teams, where we've been decent enough to withstand the pressure for the most part (Cardiff aside). But when we come up against top half teams, they won't turn their noses up at those opportunities.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Solskjaer is a brave man.

should have confirmation before 1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Agueroooo wrote: »

Win win for him,he gets EPL experience & if things go pear shaped we can blame the owner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,405 ✭✭✭xtal191

Sport Witness ‏@Sport_Witness 8m

Manchester United players out of contract in June: Ferdinand, Vidic, Giggs, Fabio, Evra.

Didnt know Vidic and Fabio were almost out of contract. Cant believe Fabio never really got a chance.

Agueroooo wrote: »

Assuming you are talking about Cardiff?

Whats brave? He is in a no lose situation if he takes the job

xtal191 wrote: »
    Didnt know Vidic and Fabio were almost out of contract. Cant believe Fabio never really got a chance.

Be a shame to let Vidic contract run out, I would like to get something for him if he were to go, Evra is gone, Fabio is gone, Rio is gone (I think Vida might stay) Giggs is surely going to stay on for another 5 years sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Be a shame to let Vidic contract run out, I would like to get something for him if he were to go, Evra is gone, Fabio is gone, Rio is gone (I think Vida might stay) Giggs is surely going to stay on for another 5 years sure.

Giggs needs his goal :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

'Cardiff to announce Solskjaer as new manager.Was great player for Man U,we nearly signed him at Spurs,price agreed,but he didn't want to go''

Thats according to Alan Sugar(former spurs chairman.
    Solskjaer was nearly sold?! Wonder was thst before 99 or after?
    What a mistake that could have been !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

'Cardiff to announce Solskjaer as new manager.Was great player for Man U,we nearly signed him at Spurs,price agreed,but he didn't want to go''

Thats according to Alan Sugar(former spurs chairman.
    Solskjaer was nearly sold?! Wonder was thst before 99 or after?
    What a mistake that could have been !

Yeah it was all the talk of the Summer sometime around 98 i think. I remember working that summer in my first job and it was a real possibility in the media's eyes. Pretty sure it was that year.

When do you think the Coentrao deal will be announced?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

When do you think the Coentrao deal will be announced?

11.56 January 31st :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

11.56 January 31st :)

Thats when negotiations start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Well lads happy new years. any word if RVP & Rooney will start or make the bench for todays game? heard they were a doubt for some reason? thanks

are we on tv today?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Timmyctc wrote: »
    are we on tv today?

BT Sport 1

BT Sport 1

eugh

Swansea 1-1 just before half time, fully deserved

• Advertisement

Swansea are a very good watch. All their players look so comfortable running at pace with the ball. It's mad how easy they can cut open a team. Lovely goal there too. Good game.

Whistle came at the wrong time for Swansea, great end to the first half for them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

GSPfan wrote: »
    Yeah it was all the talk of the Summer sometime around 98 i think. I remember working that summer in my first job and it was a real possibility in the media's eyes. Pretty sure it was that year.

It was officially a donedeal the same day yorke signed, spurs announced they had agreed a fee (6m as i remember) but he told fergie he really didnt wanna leave. So fergie wanted him to stay. Mental goes on an scores most legendary goal in clubs history..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

I think that Koke story has already been exposed as a fake. Heard it described as a practical joke somewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Day 1. It begins

Hey Guys, Happy Ne- Shocked-Troy-Walks-Into-Fire-With-Pizza-Community.gif

I think that Koke story has already been exposed as a fake. Heard it described as a practical joke somewhere.

Its 4 days old, just seen that. It can be ignored I'd say.

Its up to you guys to sift through the BS as with every transfer window ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Is there anyone actually worth listening to in regard with United and this transfer window? or do they all just spout BS?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

solskjaer-tan.jpg?resize=620%2C350

Looks like Solskjaer is going to Cardiff.

• Advertisement

He might want some of our lads on loan ie Solskajer. Give Ole Zaha and Powell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 493 ✭✭elchupanebrey

When is our league cup semi 1st leg on? Is it this week?

Just spotted it for tuesday evening

irishfeen wrote: »
    Is there anyone actually worth listening to in regard with United and this transfer window? or do they all just spout BS?

To be honest the only source I have any faith in is Sky Sports. They don't report much without it being worthwhile. Unless it is on Sky Sports News I rarely take any notice of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

To be honest the only source I have any faith in is Sky Sports. They don't report much without it being worthwhile. Unless it is on Sky Sports News I rarely take any notice of it.
    Sky Sports News and @ManUtd it is then - can't handle another transfer window like the last one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 493 ✭✭elchupanebrey

Cracker from Bony in the City game. Too little too late though!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,777 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

First post here, united fan since mid-80s.

Silly season for media on transfers as always. Just hope if united do business that we first hear of it when the player signs or is unveiled. Things were far too public during the summer after Gill's departure. As others have said unless Sky announce it I wouldn't believe it, Ballague is worth following on Twitter if we try and sign anyone from La Liga.

I would love to see a centre-mid and a winger arrive to address utd's most pressing issues. A lack of energy and creativity in midfield. Hopefully Carrick and Fletcher can stay fit, but I've lost faith in our wingers over the last year a a bit. Januzaj looks very promising but you don't want to overplay him at his age.

• Advertisement

Mods, are google drive links allowed? Someone has put together a Google drive of UTD season reviews covering the season below

92/92, 93/94. 98/99, 99/00, 02/03, 05/06, 06/07, 07/08, 08/09, 09/10, 10/11, 11/12 & 12/13.

It would be a nice Christmas present and way to kick of the new Year on the UTD thread. Vids can be viewed in browser or downloaded.

RasTa wrote: »
    He might want some of our lads on loan ie Solskajer. Give Ole Zaha and Powell

That's gotta' be good for United. Having Bruce and Ole with two bottom-half Prem teams should offer United two decent shouts for loan spells. Zaha definitely needs a loan. He was great for Palace and in pre-season, but his lack of premier league experience is worrying. Get him off to Cardiff or Hull ASAP.

Powell is doing the job at Wigan. I'd leave him be. He could go out on a 6month loan next year to a premier league side if needed, or just assimilate into the first team's squad players if ready.

Lingard as well is being a beast in the Championship so leave him be too.

Mods, are google drive links allowed? Someone has put together a Google drive of UTD season reviews covering the season below

92/92, 93/94. 98/99, 99/00, 02/03, 05/06, 06/07, 07/08, 08/09, 09/10, 10/11, 11/12 & 12/13.

It would be a nice Christmas present and way to kick of the new Year on the UTD thread. Vids can be viewed in browser or downloaded.

Can I get a PM of that link regardless please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

Pm me that too please :)

Paul Merson said earlier on that Ross Barkley is Wayne Rooneys replacement if they sign him cause he can't play Central Midfield.

I don't necessarily agree with that but I also would like to think he will end up in central midfield. I suppose Barkley is in the Nick Powell position of being neither one or the other at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

MagicIRL wrote: »

Me too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭Average-Ro

Any chance you could PM me a link Airbag?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭Julez

MagicIRL wrote: »

+1

First post here, united fan since mid-80s.

Silly season for media on transfers as always. Just hope if united do business that we first hear of it when the player signs or is unveiled. Things were far too public during the summer after Gill's departure. As others have said unless Sky announce it I wouldn't believe it, Ballague is worth following on Twitter if we try and sign anyone from La Liga.

I would love to see a centre-mid and a winger arrive to address utd's most pressing issues. A lack of energy and creativity in midfield. Hopefully Carrick and Fletcher can stay fit, but I've lost faith in our wingers over the last year a a bit. Januzaj looks very promising but you don't want to overplay him at his age.

Welcome :)

I'm not sure about Ballague. He used to be reliable on La Liga but since the Falcao deposit story he has lost some rep there too

Good point about our business being too public since Gill left though. Really showed Moyes and Woodwards inexperience in that first window. Hopefully we will see them operate a bit better this time around.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,756 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Some interesting things in the article in this link - http://www.4-traders.com/news/Red-Devils-changing-transfer-strategy--their-interest-in-Koke-as-club-learn-the-New-Xavi--Shaw-on--17740088/
    it is from a business site/share trading news info.

United intend to do their transfer business differently.
    Jorge Mendes' daughter is doing work experience at Old Trafford.

btw on the business/shares side of United, about a month ago a hedge firm led by Crispin Odey has bet about $22 million that United's form on the pitch will be reflected in the stock market, it did lead to a bit of a sell off back then. But then United have George Soros who is said to own about 5% of United's shares and he isn't selling.
    United's shares have been improving recently since the initial sell off early last December - I think due to United's improved results on the field, and the fact the shares were a lot cheaper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,777 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Welcome :)

I'm not sure about Ballague. He used to be reliable on La Liga but since the Falcao deposit story he has lost some rep there too

Good point about our business being too public since Gill left though. Really showed Moyes and Woodwards inexperience in that first window. Hopefully we will see them operate a bit better this time around.

Tnx for welcome.

True about ballague on falcao but he dismissed fabregas rumours as soon as they started. He still better than the red tops and fellas on Twitter like indykalia :)

Don't know if the players we need will be available in January but maybe something will happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Sky sports news is as bad as any of them with regard to transfer links.
    TBH I wouldn't trust any source,especially after the summer. I wouldn't eve trust Manchester United for reliable information at this stage.

Best policy is to expect no one to sign and if someone ends up on the books,all the better. The summer is a harsh lesson in just how big a circus Utd can turn themselves into,largely of their own doing.

As for.Ballague,best ignored.

adox wrote: »
    Sky sports news is as bad as any of them with regard to transfer links.

Ah they really aren't. Some Rumours have basis and most don't. I like to think Sky put a bit more effort into their reported rumours than newspapers/websites/twitter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

irishfeen wrote: »

Judging by summer no one ....least of all sources on periphery at the club....
    Seems strange to me that Utd are in for Shaw for 30m at 18 yrs of age and Everton are valuing Baines at 26+m.... Even though he is a full ten years older!!.....know who would be better signing for long term....it's not as if Evra has suddenly turned into a bad player.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,371 ✭✭✭Robson99

I would love to see a centre-mid and a winger arrive to address utd's most pressing issues. A lack of energy and creativity in midfield.

Welcome jimmy. Hopefully we can get a player or two. We badly need an injection of pace into our attacking. Way too slow and predictable

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement