Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14 Mod warning post #718

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,777 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Judging by summer no one ....least of all sources on periphery at the club....
    Seems strange to me that Utd are in for Shaw for 30m at 18 yrs of age and Everton are valuing Baines at 26+m.... Even though he is a full ten years older!!.....know who would be better signing for long term....it's not as if Evra has suddenly turned into a bad player.

The money quoted for Baines does seem a lot for a player who is only 3 1/2 years younger. Shaw would make more sense from that perspective.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,844 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Lads I take it there's no legal way to watch Setanta / BT sports online?

I pay for my Dads sports including Setanta package but I can only access Sky Go channels online :(

Trilla wrote: »

I pay for my Dads sports including Setanta package but I can only access Sky Go channels online :(

There is a BT sports app for watching online using ur details if you're a subscriber. Don't think option exists for setanta

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

Trilla wrote: »

there used to be the eircom thing where you could watch them online if you have it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

There is a BT sports app for watching online using ur details if you're a subscriber. Don't think option exists for setanta

Think its only for the UK or for BT broadband customers or something. Looked into it before and couldn't get it at the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Mods, are google drive links allowed? Someone has put together a Google drive of UTD season reviews covering the season below

92/92, 93/94. 98/99, 99/00, 02/03, 05/06, 06/07, 07/08, 08/09, 09/10, 10/11, 11/12 & 12/13.

It would be a nice Christmas present and way to kick of the new Year on the UTD thread. Vids can be viewed in browser or downloaded.

I'll take a PM of this if you don't mind, Airbag.

Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,623 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Would somebody be kind enough to pm me the link to the season reviews

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Mods, are google drive links allowed? Someone has put together a Google drive of UTD season reviews covering the season below

92/92, 93/94. 98/99, 99/00, 02/03, 05/06, 06/07, 07/08, 08/09, 09/10, 10/11, 11/12 & 12/13.

It would be a nice Christmas present and way to kick of the new Year on the UTD thread. Vids can be viewed in browser or downloaded.

Send it along this way too if ye dont mind <3

• Registered Users Posts: 4,371 ✭✭✭Robson99

92/92, 93/94. 98/99, 99/00, 02/03, 05/06, 06/07, 07/08, 08/09, 09/10, 10/11, 11/12 & 12/

Pm please if you can Your Airbag

• Advertisement

GSPfan wrote: »
    Think its only for the UK or for BT broadband customers or something. Looked into it before and couldn't get it at the time.

That's bad form as Irish subscribers are paying for the channels too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Today is really a must win game. Rooney starting is great news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Irish94

Would you mind sending that to me too Your Airbag?

What would people think if we went after Mata? Clearly out of favour at Chelsea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Irish94

United XI vs @SpursOfficial: De Gea; Smalling, Evans, Vidic, Evra; Valencia, Carrick, Cleverley, Januzaj; Rooney, Welbeck

#mufc subs vs @SpursOfficial: Lindegaard, Büttner, Ferdinand, Fletcher, Kagawa, Young, Hernandez

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Wouldn't mind if somebody could bang that link my way there too please! :)

Delighted to see Rooney and Januzaj. Kinda expected Rooney to be back. Hate seeing Smalling at right back but what can you do.

Newcastle are gonna drop points today. Maybe maybe Arsenal too. Also Everton and lets hope Spurs.

Edit - damn you Arsenal. 1-0 up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Should we just put in a bid for Mata? ... just to test the waters, I certainly would be getting in touch with Mr Gourlay...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,623 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Thanks airbag. Strong team out. I'd like to see welbeck continue his good form

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Is Mourinho crazy enough to sell him to us is the question

It's set up for Mata to come back and bite him, metaphorically not Suarezphorically, if he sells him to another PL club

I think he wouldn't, PSG probably his destination

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Edit - damn you Arsenal. 1-0 up.

Considering City won and Chelsea will I dont mind Arsenal getting the 3 points :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Is Mourinho crazy enough to sell him to us is the question

It's set up for Mata to come back and bite him, metaphorically not the Suarezphorically, if he sells him to another PL club

I think he wouldn't, PSG probably his destination
    You would just never know with Mourinho .... get Alex on the phone to talk him round :pac:

• Advertisement

beno619 wrote: »
    Considering City won and Chelsea will I dont mind Arsenal getting the 3 points :P

Everton drawing late on against stoke, chance to make up ground there. If I had to bet on second half of the season I think utd will be involved ina battle for fourth with Liverpool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭BigCon

I'd appreciate that link too!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Any chance of that link aswell? To avoid clogging the thread I'd recommend thanking this post if you want the link sent to you, and then unthank it when you get it just to make it easier to follow!

The Google Drive link may or may not be on this reddit.

http://us.reddit.com/r/reddevils/comments/1t6469/manchester_united_season_reviews/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

4/5 points off fourth if we drop points today. Must win.

God, we've left ourselves in such a shíte position. January and we're desperately clinging on to Everton and Liverpool's coat-tails.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Could I get a pm of that if possible please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Smalling the attacking full back :) unlucky

Edit: Wrong thread sorry!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Do we attack the way we do because we lack an attacking CM who'll run with the ball or is it because Moyes sees the constant wing play as the way forward for United? if it's the latter I'm really worried for the future of the club tbh

Useless shower of shíte.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I really dont care who now, we need a new left back and we need him tomorrow.

• Advertisement

Same old problems.

Evra ****e defensively.

Cleverley out of his depth. Playing okay though

Valencia wasteful.

Rooney too deep.

Smalling playing right back while Fabio is Lord knows where.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Smalling thought that would go over Adebayors head....idiot!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

I'm watching with my girlfriend and she has fallen asleep. I think I'd be better off doing the same thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Do we attack the way we do because we lack an attacking CM who'll run with the ball or is it because Moyes sees the constant wing play as the way forward for United? if it's the latter I'm really worried for the future of the club tbh

I was thinking this during the game too. The answer is really unclear but its very obvious our plan is just to get it wide as soon as possible. Problem is there are no decent crosses coming in and even then limited options in the box

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Someone tell me how his tactics are spot on!

No point making any signings in January. The league and top four chase is over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Has the "Valencia does a good job defensively" argument finally been put to bed? How many goals has he cost us this season?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

Valencia being played at right back. Skinned.

I'm sad now again. I was happy for so long. Depressing to watch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

I'm sad now again. I was happy for so long. Depressing to watch.

There was a reason many weren't getting carried away by victories over the likes of Villa or West Ham.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Pathetic from us again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,659 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I just want Moyes out of my club so badly :(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I talked this morning about needing to go out and carry on our form against the bottom half of the table into the matches with the top half.

We didn't.

Tactics were archaic in the first half. Took conceding two goals to actually decide we wanted to win. Smalling had a dreadful game, Cleverly was anonymous. We rely on a teenager who wasn't even playing at a top level last season.

Much as Headshot said, I just want Moyes out so badly.

Diabolical stuff.

Just fúck off, Moyes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

pathetic stuff there today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

Valencia, Evra, clev need to be shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Please god don't give this man money to spend in January.

Just how bad has it got to get?

Every day that goes by is damaging the club more and more.
    Biting my tongue here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

That midfield...Can we just change Cleverly's name to Passenger? Void of creativity once again, Smalling and Valencia nightmares.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

would a straight swap Mata for Rooney not be in both clubs best interest?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement