Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14 Mod warning post #718

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Headshot wrote: »
    I just want Moyes out of my club so badly :(

Don't forget Evra, Valencia, Young, Nani, Buttner, Cleverley and whoever thinks Smalling can play as a right back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

2014 can feck off

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

No excuses now, the team is lacking in a number of areas and if the money is there then fcuking spend it. If they overspend I don't care, the squad needs a HUGE overhaul.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Full back areas are clearly a problem, two goals shipped today by two auxilarry right backs falling asleep.

Also severely concerned how toothless we are, dominated large portions of that game with very few chances before we went 2-0 down. Unfortunately it looks like the title is out of our reach, I really don't think top 4 is a problem, cause I simply cannot fathom us not in the top 4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Load of ****e again, let this season be over and greedy Glaziers get rid of him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Has the "Valencia does a good job defensively" argument finally been put to bed? How many goals has he cost us this season?

Too many, he isn't a right back and **** knows why he is playing there, not as if you cant take him off cause you will be missing a match winner

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Limp as f**k up front. What I wouldn't give for a fit and in form RvP. Didn't play too badly at times until the final third, the lack of clear cut chances with so much possession in the opposition half is just killing us.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

I really think Rooney performances have been overrated. He has had a good season but has look outstanding because of a poor team. I dont think Rooney is good in the 10 much better playing as a striker. Very good technically obviously dont think he has the vision for a world class no.10

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

Putting the success of the club on an 18 yr old is crazy. All teams have to do is cut jauzaj off. Howard webb was diabolical. Wud not give us anything. Thought welback was a defo peno.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Everton are actually going to finish ahead of us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭titan18

TheDoc wrote: »
    Full back areas are clearly a problem, two goals shipped today by two auxilarry right backs falling asleep.

Also severely concerned how toothless we are, dominated large portions of that game with very few chances before we went 2-0 down. Unfortunately it looks like the title is out of our reach, I really don't think top 4 is a problem, cause I simply cannot fathom us not in the top 4

Thinking we're too good to not get top 4 is why we probably won't get top 4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Getting used to seeing other clubs celebrating at old Trafford .

Anyone amandant that players like Anderson Fabio and Zaha shouldn't be given a chance ?

For Moyes to continue selecting certain players is beyong a joke and so is finishing a match with no cent're midfielder. His management has been a joke

Absolute aberration of a season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

At least i have Sherlock to look forward to...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Oregano_State

Headshot wrote: »
    I just want Moyes out of my club so badly :(

What did he do wrong today in your opinion?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I'd actually got used to us winning. Night ruined.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

complete rubbish.

time to ditch evra and cleverly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

I really think this whole season has been coming for a few years. The squad has been average for too long and fergie did nothing to solve the problems and left moyes in a mess granted his tactics and team selections are not helping at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

We're suffering from consistently poor transfer windows. No midfield at all again today. We've a long way to go and I'm behind Moyes if he can do something positive in January but he's been absolutely awful so far and has shown very little ability as a manager of Man United. I think the biggest problem now will be panic buying. Which we are now undoubtedly going to do. We nearly did it with Herrera.

He's not getting the most out of this bunch either but it's going to take a while with Moyes to really get his ideas across to the players if he even can. You just get the sense that the players don't believe in him either. It's ominous at the very least. Too many poor performances have been compunded by too many poor results.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Rooney has been fantastic but if you think lately he hasn't it's because he is being pushed further and further back into midfield. If I were him I'd be pissed off. I'd want Mata and Barkley and anyone who can actually play the number 10 role so he can stay up front instead of Welbeck and Hernandez.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Thought welback was a defo peno.

JUST. WOW.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

complete rubbish.

time to ditch evra and cleverly

Valencia, Rio, Young and Bebe gone too. Squad needs serious injection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Really? Smalling at RB instead of Fabio and Valencia at RB both goals conceded from that position.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭n32

Its not all Moyes fault but in the name of god how can a team who won the league by 11 points 7 months ago and should have knocked Madrid out of the CL get to a stage where they look like they cant even make the top 4???? A lot of this could have been avoided by Moyes keeping all of Fergusons staff and leaving Round, Lumsden, Woods et al behind him at Everton. The old fashioned physical training has left the team heavy legged, slow and lethargic. A relation of mine has a Phd in Sports Science and she watched United a few times this year and said they have all the signs of a team who are completely over trained. And that kind of lethargy explains a lot of our slow attacking play.

I cant leave out Evra! Both goals were scored due to him trotting back and not giving a fúck about his primary job of being a defender. Every game he gets caught. The first goal changed the game completely. He cant live off his bubbly personality anymore, he s costing us too much. Valencia was caught for the 2nd goal but in his defence he isnt a defender. At least he was trying to get back and cover. Lennon crossed the ball and Evra was hardly on the screen. Only a fool keeps making the same mistakes and expecting a different result.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

Happy New Year Fellas. A cup win and fourth place is all I ask for..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Gringo180 wrote: »
    JUST. WOW.

Thought Young was myself

• Advertisement

For the first time this season I have come to realise that we are going to be in a real fight for 4th spot.

I think the pressure we were able to put on Spurs after we went 2-0 down was encouraging, the lack of a goal can be put down to Chicha having the touch of a baby elephant today, some other factors on the United side, but some good goalkeeping/defending from Spurs too.

Basically, with RVP in that team I don't think the game would have ended 2-1, but that cant be an excuse for the team, needing to constantly give the ball to an 18 year old to try and make a bit of magic happen is just wrong, the team should not be relying on him to be the catalyst for success. This is a squad of multi championship winning players, they need to stand up and be counted now. The manager wants them to play ****e football? **** him, they should play how they know they can. Whats happening out there clearly isn't working. How many more times before something is changed?

Valencia should never be right back, it is bad enough carrying a left back who wont defend, Valencia gave them the second goal so easily, and its not the first time this season. The Spurs goals were a disgrace to us, so poor.

It took going 2 goals down to inject some passion and some tempo into the game, that's ridiculous too.

Ill digest this for the night, Ill try to focus on the positives (there were a couple) but I will for the first time consider the possibility that the club may not finish top 4 this year. Surely not?

RasTa wrote: »
    Thought Young was myself

Lloris came out with his foot up knee height and studs showing. If he did it in the middle of the field people would be calling for a red card. Consistency?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭supersean1999

We badly need à top top centerback. Vidic and Ferdinand are finished and The only one Who i see good enough to replace them is Jones. Evans smalling are grand and ok for lesser Teams. But they wont ever be good enough to replace Vid or fer. The amount of times smalling and Evans give The Ball away is unreal. Cleverley and evra need replacing too. We are ok out wide and ok up top. Centerback.2 Centermids and left back Would be my 3 positions to improve. 4 players needed. And bye bye Anderson. Giggs. Evra cleverley and a Few more.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Time to start playing near full teams in the cup competitions from now on .. Top 4 might now even be a big struggle - one thing though, might our situation mean Moyes will get any money for players he wants from the clubs hierarchy ... No Champions League would be a financial disaster for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

n32 wrote: »
    Its not all Moyes fault but in the name of god how can a team who won the league by 11 points 7 months ago and should have knocked Madrid out of the CL get to a stage where they look like they cant even make the top 4???? A lot of this could have been avoided by Moyes keeping all of Fergusons staff and leaving Round, Lumsden, Woods et al behind him at Everton. The old fashioned physical training has left the team heavy legged, slow and lethargic. A relation of mine has a Phd in Sports Science and she watched United a few times this year and said they have all the signs of a team who are completely over trained. And that kind of lethargy explains a lot of our slow attacking play.

I cant leave out Evra! Both goals were scored due to him trotting back and not giving a fúck about his primary job of being a defender. Every game he gets caught. The first goal changed the game completely. He cant live off his bubbly personality anymore, he s costing us too much. Valencia was caught for the 2nd goal but in his defence he isnt a defender. At least he was trying to get back and cover. Lennon crossed the ball and Evra was hardly on the screen. Only a fool keeps making the same mistakes and expecting a different result.
    Very good point. comments like we purposely overtrained Van Persie didnt leave me with much confidence in Moyes training methods.Raymond Verheijen has heavily criticized moyes method

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Devil08

More idiots calling for Moyes out. Get a god damn grip!! Go follow city or spurs or Chelsea if you want the club to turn into a managerial merry go round.
    Moyes needs time, Utd will give him time. Personally I'd give him 2 seasons before judging him. He needs a few transfer windows to put his own stamp on things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

You trust Moyes to rebuild the squad? Pure ****e all season. We need new players like right now, this is supposed to be a transition, but to what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

In defence of Moyes, I think its fair to give him the janaury window with some resources, and the following summer.

I'm sure like the rest of us he can identify some problematic areas, and he should be given the chance to address that. I don't think anyone could have imagined how much of a dip in form some of this squad would take. And I think the make or break season for some of the players, Cleverly and Anderson mainly, has been a massive break. In fairness Cleverly isn't attrocious, I think people are harsh. He is a hussling midfielder who puts in a good shift and retains possession somewhat decent. But for Manchester United, our midfielder needs more. We have Carrick to tick us over, who can also spray balls, Cleverly is completely lacking anything stand out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Huge holes in our midfield,a left back who refuses to defend.A right winger who can't beat a man or cross a ball.Depending on Rooney & an 18 yr old kid to carry us,so much wrong that needs to be addressed.

Devil08 wrote: »
    More idiots calling for Moyes out. Get a god damn grip!! Go follow city or spurs or Chelsea if you want the club to turn into a managerial merry go round.
    Moyes needs time, Utd will give him time. Personally I'd give him 2 seasons before judging him. He needs a few transfer windows to put his own stamp on things.
    I'll certainly let him bring players in before I start calling for his head - I think we are seeing just how brilliant Alex was after he guided us to the league last year with this group of players.... we all knew that the team had massive limitations - that has now come to fruition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

More idiots calling for Moyes out.

And that's what they are. Idiots. Don't listen to them. Where are you even seeing these people? I bet 99% of them are trolling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

RasTa wrote: »
    Thought Young was myself

Agree but I feel all those dives he has done over the years that got him penalties came back to bite him in the arse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 593 ✭✭✭ician

It's going to be a long road, and a difficult one. Fans better get used to results like this for the near future. Sooner more realise that the better for their mental stability. Moyes has to be given time, 2 seasons.

wadacrack wrote: »
    Very good point. comments like we purposely overtrained Van Persie didnt leave me with much confidence in Moyes training methods.Raymond Verheijen has heavily criticized moyes method

RVP joined the pre season tour late and when he got to Sydney he was subjected to double sessions every day where they ran the **** out of him. Everybody who has seen VanPersies record with injuries knows thats the last type of training he needs. The alarm bells should ve started ringing there and then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Yeah whatever. Sooner he's gone the better.

• Advertisement

Not a whole lot imo , left Clev on for the 90, that I didn't like, thought Carrick would have been more useful picking passes at the end. Valencia at right back is ridiculous, Smalling I didn't like at right back either, but its not like Fabio would have won a header v Adebayor, Smalling should have dealt with that and didn't.

That team should have been good enough to beat Spurs, we dominated the first half until they scored after a mistake by Jan, then Evra then a pretty big one by Smalling

We got caught on the counter again in the second half, Clev not tracking back, Evra being Evra and Valencia gifting them a goal.

He then went about as offensive as possible with the subs, Moyes cannot be blamed for the individual mistakes that were made. Spurs were there for the taking and the players didn't execute properly today, again.

I am not going to be singing Moyes praise or anything, but its folly to put it all on him today.

Spurs played really well, they worked so hard and they got a bit of luck. Credit where its due, we were not good enough.

adox wrote: »
    You wouldn't even give the man the season? :eek: - unbelievable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭manutd

Bc6fU-2CQAA5LHb.jpg

Plus he cost us the second goal.

zerks wrote: »
    Huge holes in our midfield,a left back who refuses to defend.A right winger who can't beat a man or cross a ball.Depending on Rooney & an 18 yr old kid to carry us,so much wrong that needs to be addressed.

Exactly this. Every ball was aimed at Januzaj in the closing stages. Good and all as he is , we cant be relying on an 18 year old to bail us out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Devil08

adox wrote: »

Your not a fan. Don't call yourself one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

I'm going back to my Football Manager 2014 game I bought last night in which I signed Shaw and Kovacic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

If no one comes in in this transfer window then Moyes has made his own bed. And if the season ends a disaster he has no one to blame.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

n32 wrote: »
    Its not all Moyes fault but in the name of god how can a team who won the league by 11 points 7 months ago and should have knocked Madrid out of the CL get to a stage where they look like they cant even make the top 4????

You could say something similar about Inter Milan a few years ago.They won the treble and the following season they were brutal.
    They overachieved and the following season they were burnt out .

Ferguson worked a minor miracle winning the league last season and he was aided by Man City and Chelsea imploding.
    The United squad has been in decline for a number of seasons,the owners wont spend the money required to bring in truly top quality players and have been buying too many average players.

Its not Moyes fault that Ferguson left him with a creaking defence ,useless wingers and no decent central midfielder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,659 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I really hate that argument. Its just a pathetic argument.

"Needs time"
    What a load of rubbish. What right had he to manage utd in the first place? What has he brought to utd bar lobbing the ball in from any angle? The man has stone age tactics and awful team selection.

The man is so out of his comfort zone its not even funny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Your not a fan. Don't call yourself one

As I said - whatever.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement