Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14 Mod warning post #718

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

bad2dabone wrote: »
    yep. and 60m for him is mental talk.

There was more than a hint of sarcasm in the khedira talk, we shouldn't be going anywhere near him but if you believe the papers we bid 40 on deadline day. That's crazy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

kryogen wrote: »
    Not really a need for any more water carriers in the team alright

One genuine "**** Me!" signing in midfield would make such a huge difference, it would give the squad a lift and obviously improve the midfield.

We need to get RVP back to full fitness and quick, then stop blasting balls at his head and waist and try to play him into positions to score.

That would be good.

Any idea who that f@#k me signing is? As who is currently available and woulf fulfil that gap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

It's obvious now why Moyes went chasing Baines in the summer, something for which he was derided. Evra is such a busted flush it's not even funny any more. The man is actually sullying his own reputation with his performances, it's ridiculous how bad he's become.

You need to look up the term, busted flush.

He was a made hand, that he is a walking liability now does not make him a busted flush.

:)

racso1975 wrote: »
    Any idea who that f@#k me signing is? As who is currently available and woulf fulfil that gap

**** availability, as I said it would be a "**** ME!" signing, that would mean someone we don't think is available, a shock, something out of nowhere, in a good way.

Real Madrid style, I see it, I want it, I don't care how much I have to pay for it, I must have it.

Once in a while that policy is alright. This situation for example, I would be ok with just identifying a player, going to the club and saying name your price. Done. Get him on the plane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

It's obvious now why Moyes went chasing Baines in the summer, something for which he was derided.

Nobody derided Moyes for wanting to replace Evra, if he was derided at all it was because spending £15/20million on a 29 year old full back was and still is utterly retarded.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

You need to look up the term, busted flush.

He was a made hand, that he is a walking liability now does not make him a busted flush.

:)

Thanks for the lesson :rolleyes:

Thanks for the lesson :rolleyes:

Never learned to take correction like a man I see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Actually think a lb and winger is probably gone more of a priority than a midfielder. Valencia and Evra are really hurting the team they need to be booted out of the club.

Nobody derided Moyes for wanting to replace Evra, if he was derided at all it was because spending £15/20million on a 29 year old full back was and still is utterly retarded.

I do believe we just agreed on something :eek:

what the fúck are you getting personal with me for for jaysis sake?

• Advertisement

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Actually think a lb and winger is probably gone more of a priority than a midfielder. Valencia and Evra are really hurting the team they need to be booted out of the club.

Na a central midfielder would help everything else, except left back of course, we still need a new left back asap

what the fúck are you getting personal with me for for jaysis sake?

That's not really getting personal, if you will respond to harmless ribbing by becoming pissy it will probably escalate a little.

I meant no offence, even put in a stupid smiley to ensure I could not misunderstood. The rolleye twat is the stupidest smiley invented and I cant help myself when I see it

Wanna hug it out?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I think a winger is needed as well as a midfield player (the priority) and left back.

If United had a top class wide man then the use of the wings would be a lot more effective and might even make space in central areas. The best United teams always used the wings very well and late in games was the go to option. But the options now are not as good as the past.

Young and Valencia at their best are good but nothing like having Giggs on the left or Ronaldo, Beckham or Kanchelskis on the right.

Getting Nani back and in form would be a big help as well but there is a big question mark about him getting back to his best.

It's important that investment is made there this summer.

Moyes seems determined to keep with the winger system so I would agree that we need to invest in a new winger also, but there is no point without another centre midfielder who can come in and improve the starting XI

That's not really getting personal, if you will respond to harmless ribbing by becoming pissy it will probably escalate a little.

I meant no offence, even put in a stupid smiley to ensure I could not misunderstood. The rolleye twat is the stupidest smiley invented and I cant help myself when I see it

I didn't address you, I didn't direct my post to you, but you decided to have a stupid little dig that there was no need for and was nothing to do with the discussion .

Then you start getting personal with your very clever

whatever the fúck that's supposed to mean I have no idea.

Christ.

I didn't address you, I didn't direct my post to you, but you decided to have a stupid little dig that there was no need for and was nothing to do with the discussion .

Then you start getting personal with your very clever

whatever the fúck that's supposed to mean I have no idea.

Christ.

FYI, on a public forum people you do not address DIRECTLY may sometimes respond to you, and the thanks for the lesson with the rolleye was certainly directed to me

So you don't wanna hug it out?

Ok so, sure we might move on anyway I guess

Edit: As its that kind of night, Ill explain my post to you since you don't know what it means (somehow)

It means that you never reached the maturity level required to take correction on the chin rather then get pissy like a teenager. Is that helpful?

Definitely ready to move on now :)

you edited your post, didn't you?

you edited your post, didn't you?

Which one?

The one that says edit in it?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Just not good enough. It's depressing that a **** team like spurs are better than us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

As much as this pains me to say this but kagawa has just not worked out, hes never going to get in his preferred position once rvp/rooney is fitand he doesnt contribute enough on the left or in the center mid.

I know people will say its cause hes played out of position but he still should show and do more when he does get played out of postion.

• Advertisement

lordgoat wrote: »
    Just not good enough. It's depressing that a **** team like spurs are better than us.

What was depressing is how they were there for the taking alright

When the team moved the ball with a bit of pace and made runs off the ball Spurs were all over the place. Dunno why it took 2 goals and 70 minutes to wake the players up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

just watching MOTD now.

Evra doesn't even try defending anymore. he's nothing short of a disgrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Prufrock

I think Rooney played very well after he dropped a bit deeper. I think he could be the short term answer to the midfield problem.

He's strong, got a good engine and his distribution is excellent.

I think he should be given a chance in cm as I don't see anyone who could do a better job than him that's available.

Bad result tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Its depressing Spurs, Liverpool and maybe Everton are better than us.

sky88 wrote: »
    As much as this pains me to say this but kagawa has just not worked out, hes never going to get in his preferred position once rvp/rooney is fitand he doesnt contribute enough on the left or in the center mid.

I know people will say its cause hes played out of position but he still should show and do more when he does get played out of postion.

A really top class player can play to a better standard than Kagawa has shown in positions that are not his "preferred position" (apart from Keepers obv).

I just don't think he's strong enough for the EPL - the free kicks he wins from refs in Europe just aren't given in the EPL, and he's never seemed to learn to deal with that.

lordgoat wrote: »

We're really not in a position to call spurs or any team ****e, we're playing some of the worst football in the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

FYI, on a public forum people you do not address DIRECTLY may sometimes respond to you, and the thanks for the lesson with the rolleye was certainly directed to me

Ok so, sure we might move on anyway I guess

Edit: As its that kind of night, Ill explain my post to you since you don't know what it means (somehow)

It means that you never reached the maturity level required to take correction on the chin rather then get pissy like a teenager. Is that helpful?

Definitely ready to move on now :)

Seeing as we're correcting people; rather than, not rather then.

I feel dirty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Prufrock wrote: »
    I think Rooney played very well after he dropped a bit deeper. I think he could be the short term answer to the midfield problem.

He's strong, got a good engine and his distribution is excellent.

I think he should be given a chance in cm as I don't see anyone who could do a better job than him that's available.

Bad result tonight.

He doesn't want to play in midfield. He doesn't want to be given a chance there. He is gonna end up at Chelsea as their main striker because of this. So no it shouldn't happen.

SlickRic wrote: »
    just watching MOTD now.

Evra doesn't even try defending anymore. he's nothing short of a disgrace.

Cant be great either considering he is so vocal about the players needing to do more and all that. What kind of example is he setting?

• Advertisement

He doesn't want the chance, asking are best player who is out if contract in 18 months and has been angling for a move to play out of position is crazy. No more papering over cracks.

We need a proper solution to the midfield problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Rooney playing deep tonight , taking corners , and been general playmaker .- So who did ye expect to score goals for Utd .

Seeing as we're correcting people; rather than, not rather then.

I feel dirty.

I like it!

How many times did you read your post back before clicking post? :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 226 ✭✭Frank Garrett

GSPfan wrote: »
    Its depressing Spurs, Liverpool and maybe Everton are better than us.

There's no maybe about it. Everton are better than yous, they beat yous at home already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Cant be great either considering he is so vocal about the players needing to do more and all that. What kind of example is he setting?

it'd be one thing if he was just playing ****.

it's the not trying that would bother me an awful lot more.

Rooney playing deep tonight , taking corners , and been general playmaker .- So who did ye expect to score goals for Utd .

The lad who scored?

• Advertisement

There's no maybe about it. Everton are better than yous, they beat yous at home already.

We were better than them that night tbh

Really annoying defeat

SlickRic wrote: »
    it'd be one thing if he was just playing ****.

it's the not trying that would bother me an awful lot more.

The lack of effort from him is disgraceful, but this slide has been allowed to happen by the previous manager, at least Moyes has tried to get in a left back to replace him.

Fergie lost a bit of his ruthlessness as he got older, it hurt the team in some ways. This being one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Trying to be as unbiased as you can, how many of uniteds starting team would get into the first XIs of the top six teams?
    When you do this experiment you see united maybe aren't as good as people think anymore and the league position isn't too far off correct.
    De Gea and Rooney are probsy the only two who would get into all of them and even De Gea might be pushed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Still happy to have made the bet, what are we? 5 points off 4th? Its not exactly a mountain you know :)

Regroup, come up with some new ideas as its been 20 games and clearly isn't working, as Fergie himself said, tactics are useful, but its the men on the field that win football games. Men win football games.

The players have been making horrible mistakes all season, and they also have it well within themselves to be more dynamic in attack and don't have to simply keep giving the ball to a winger who cannot cross. They need to take responsibility out there and call an audible now and then.

Moyes will either improve or he will be gone in a couple of years, but for right now he is our manager and he will have my support regardless, its not like he wants to fail, he just needs to remember why he is the Man United manager, he needs to realise this is it, this is his shot. He has to find a way to motivate the players to give that extra 10%

Its not over by a long shot

If he hasn't realised he's not at Everton by now, when will he wake the fcuk up? The squad isn't the best but it is top 4. 4 home defeats already. Terrible performances, no purpose to the team, no winning ambition. Moyes is not a winner.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Prufrock

GSPfan wrote: »
    He doesn't want to play in midfield. He doesn't want to be given a chance there. He is gonna end up at Chelsea as their main striker because of this. So no it shouldn't happen.

He doesn't want to play in cm? Did he say that somewhere?

I'm not saying you're wrong I just never heard that before.

I can't see why he wouldn't want to. As a cm he could have a greater effect on the game by getting on the ball more. He would also have more time and space to play in. Who wouldn't want that?

It's the only short term solution I can see unless united break the bank for a really top cm.

• Advertisement

I like it!

How many times did you read your post back before clicking post? :)

If you want to take a cursory glance through my posting history since I got this phone, you'll see I never proofread. :)

Aaaanyway. ...

Surprised at how many people want Moyes gone after today's result. I could almost understand it more earlier in the season when he was making bizarre team selections and subs but he has improved massively in this area since.

He needs to clear out some deadwood and get in some of his own players before we get to a point where we seriously consider getting rid of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Devil08

Bridge93 wrote: »
    Trying to be as unbiased as you can, how many of uniteds starting team would get into the first XIs of the top six teams?
    When you do this experiment you see united maybe aren't as good as people think anymore and the league position isn't too far off correct.
    De Gea and Rooney are probsy the only two who would get into all of them and even De Gea might be pushed.

Ddg, vidic, carrick, Rooney, RVP,
    I'd say 5 at most

Tonight's XI or "United's First XI" (such a thing doesn't really exist for any top team these days)

RVP too.

Vidic

He doesn't want to play in cm? Did he say that somewhere?

I'm not saying you're wrong I just never heard that before.

I can't see why he wouldn't want to. As a cm he could have a greater effect on the game by getting on the ball more. He would also have more time and space to play in. Who wouldn't want that?

It's the only short term solution I can see unless united break the bank for a really top cm.

Because he's a forward and wants to play as a forward. If he wanted to play cm you can be the would've already regularly.
    I'm also not a fan of moving your best player from their most effective position just because the team is weak elsewhere. I believe you pick your best in their best positions and build the team around them. If you move him you potentially lose your best player as an effective weapon as well as have a weakness in the door they are trying to fill.

Devil08 wrote: »
    I'd say 5 at most

It has always been a pointless experiment. Go back to when we last won the CL and you'll probably find threads here with rival fans saying only a handful of our players would get into their teams.

And before I'm asked, I'll not do my own list.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

Devil08 wrote: »
    I'd say 5 at most

Speaking as an Arsenal fan (who has obviously seen more of Chez than I have of DDG) I would much, much prefer Chez.

Rooney or RVP would definitely start for us, obviously, but that's it IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Is Di Maria playing at all for Madrid. Would be nice to get him and Contrea off Madrid.

Tonight's XI or "United's First XI" (such a thing doesn't really exist for any top team these days)

RVP too.

Vidic

Whatever the most consistent players seen to be.
    If you were making the best XI from two clubs combined RVP wouldn't get into city or Liverpool.

Whatever the most consistent players seen to be.
    If you were making the best XI from two clubs combined RVP wouldn't get into city or Liverpool.

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

It has always been a pointless experiment. Go back to when we last won the CL and you'll probably find threads here with rival fans saying only a handful of our players would get into their teams.

And before I'm asked, I'll not do my own list.

true it doesn't allow for team spirit and belief, something utd seem to have lost a lot of this year. Ferguson's greatest strength was making the whole squad seem involved.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement