Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14 Mod warning post #718

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

*Patiently waits for someone to make a Nani is cooking a cake for Anderson related joke.*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Nani is cooking a cake for Anderson!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I keep reading people talking about injuries, and that we will improve and finish in the top four once our injuries improve. Am I the only person that thinks that our current league position has nothing to do with our injuries at all?

We will be better when RVP gets back will we? Sorry, but we were ****e for the first 10 games with RVP, what exactly is going to change when he returns?

Oh but Carrick was missing and he is our best midfielder? Yes, he is our best midfielder, he also played 10 of our first 11 games and we were just as abject then as we are now.

Felliani is injured? He sure as hell didn't do much when he was fit did he?

Injuries aren't our problem this season as far as I am concerned, and I think people shouldn't be using them as an excuse for our rubbish performances. More importantly, people shouldn't be expecting things to improve just because RVP comes back, his absence isn't the big problem in the first place.

Even with poor form RVP was in you still expect him to score 1-2 goals against Everton, Newcastle or Spurs.

A Fit Vidic would have surely saved a goal or 2.

Small things. They all add up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

I keep reading people talking about injuries, and that we will improve and finish in the top four once our injuries improve. Am I the only person that thinks that our current league position has nothing to do with our injuries at all?

We will be better when RVP gets back will we? Sorry, but we were ****e for the first 10 games with RVP, what exactly is going to change when he returns?

Oh but Carrick was missing and he is our best midfielder? Yes, he is our best midfielder, he also played 10 of our first 11 games and we were just as abject then as we are now.

Felliani is injured? He sure as hell didn't do much when he was fit did he?

Injuries aren't our problem this season as far as I am concerned, and I think people shouldn't be using them as an excuse for our rubbish performances. More importantly, people shouldn't be expecting things to improve just because RVP comes back, his absence isn't the big problem in the first place.

You would get some laugh at times, last season RVP "dragged a poor squad to a league title" this season he doesnt make that much of a difference according to some

Look at our points totals with RVP this season and without. Look specifically at the points when RVP and Rooney play together and when they dont. Anybody who thinks we wont pick up more points with them in the team then without is an absolute idiot tbh

Carrick normally starts seasons slowly, this one even worse cause he got injured. Him being a slow starter is hardly a new thing

Fellaini is a new signing, carrying an injury and now gone to get it sorted, no pre season with the team, he needs to bed in. Stupidity to write him off already.

All teams struggle when they lose their best players to injury, insanity to think injuries have had no impact on our form, the squad which is a large one, is stretched big time.

Everybody acknowledges the problems in the squad, everybody, its hardly like anybody just thinks the team will click its fingers and hit top gear.

Look at the injuries the squad has had, look at the injuries to key players ffs, to think injury is not a problem is a load of bollix.

RVP has played 11 Premier League games this season. He has 7 goals and 2 assists despite the poor service and him not looking his sharpest.

To think he would have no impact is mind boggling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

kryogen wrote: »
    RVP has played 11 Premier League games this season. He has 7 goals and 2 assists despite the poor service and him not looking his sharpest.

If he'd played the other 9 games and was roughly as prolific, with say another 5 goals and 1 assist, we could be talking about a difference of 6-9 points.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

So the other day it was said dropping Valencia and playing Zaha would help the team.

Today RVP returning wouldn't, not sure how that adds up.

If he'd played the other 9 games and was roughly as prolific, with say another 5 goals and 1 assist, we could be talking about a difference of 6-9 points.

Of course, and its not just that, its amazing to think that a fully fit Vidic would not have saved a goal or two, the protection Carrick regularly gives the back four would have helped in games where we conceded late on etc

Key players are not easy to replace, thats why they are referred to as key players. (Spine of the team in Vidic/Carrick/RVP!)

Hopefully we can keep the majority of them fit for the rest of the season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

DM-ICE wrote: »
    So the other day it was said dropping Valencia and playing Zaha would help the team.

Today RVP returning wouldn't, not sure how that adds up.

Did you even read what I posted? Nobody says RVP doesn't have an impact on the team, you just made that up in your haste to act indignant.

My point remains the same. We were ****ing dire with Carrick and RVP in the team for the first 10 games. Their return is not going to magically improve our performances. Sure, Van Persie will convert more chances than anybody else, he is world class after all, and he will improve our chances of gaining points. But their return will not suddenly see up shoot up the table.

Injuries are a factor, nobody says otherwise. But they are not the reason we are out of the top four right this minute.

With RVP the team has 20 points from his 11 games, and tbf he should never have been on the field against Newcastle so you could really say 10 games. Regardless, if you average basically 2pts per game with a guy in the starting line up, I think its pretty fair to say he has a big impact

2pts per game from here on in would get us 4th place imo I think 70 points will just about do it.

Consistency is the name of the game, we have to go to Chelsea and go to Arsenal, thats it for the big teams away.

2 points per game is doable.

• Advertisement

Regardless, if you average basically 2pts per game with a guy in the starting line up, I think its pretty fair to say he has a big impact

Oh for gods sake. NOBODY SAYS RVP DOES NOT HAVE A BIG IMPACT!!!

Did you even read what I posted? Nobody says RVP doesn't have an impact on the team, you just made that up in your haste to act indignant.

My point remains the same. We were ****ing dire with Carrick and RVP in the team for the first 10 games. Their return is not going to magically improve our performances. Sure, Van Persie will convert more chances than anybody else, he is world class after all, and he will improve our chances of gaining points. But their return will not suddenly see up shoot up the table.

Injuries are a factor, nobody says otherwise. But they are not the reason we are out of the top four right this minute.

I disagree with most of your assessment.

We will "magically" shoot up the table when we start picking up more points which we "magically" do with RVP in the team. Carrick will help, Vidic will help, Nani if he ever gets fit, will help.

There is nothing magical about it. Key players help teams consistently pick up big points, keep momentum going. Pop up with a goal against the big teams, like RVP against Arsenal this season.

I disagree with most of your assessment.

Do you think injuries are the cause of Uniteds struggles this season?

More importantly, people shouldn't be expecting things to improve just because RVP comes back, his absence isn't the big problem in the first place.

Read your own post again buck

You claim our current league position has NOTHING to do with our injuries at all? Clearly incorrect

The bolded bits about RVP show exactly how much impact you believe his absence has had (i underlined that for you just in case)

I dont think we be top of table but with a fit RVP, Carrick, Vidic, Nani surely we have picked up im guessing around 4-6 points extra.

Do you think injuries are the cause of Uniteds struggles this season?

Short answer?

Yes, with a but.

Short answer?

Yes, with a but.

So United are in 7th because of injuries, along with a few less significant reasons?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Would anyone else gladly take United finishing 4th this season and maybe the F.A Cup or Capital One Cup in the trophy cabinet given the change that's happened this year (finishing 3rd would be pushing it)

The Glazers need to give David Moyes a warchest transfer kitty in the summer, and no pussy footing about in the transfer window and no last minute panic buys a la Marouane Fellaini

I did read what you posted.

In your post it said that our injuries have nothing to do with the current position. I disagree with the idea the current position has nothing to with a player like RVP not playing more games.

Carrick's last game before injury was the win over Arsenal (RVP scored the winner) where United actually looked like they might be going in the right direction. So I think the injuries were disruptive and impacted on points achieved (EDIT: since that game)

You asked what will change if they were fit? Well RVP, as you know and have since said is world class so I would expect more of a goal threat, a better chance of winning games.

I think it's clear that if the best players were fit then more points would be achieved. The fact United are so reliant on a small few players is more of a talking point imo.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Would anyone else gladly take United finishing 4th this season and maybe the F.A Cup or Capital One Cup in the trophy cabinet given the change that's happened this year (finishing 3rd would be pushing it)

The Glazers need to give David Moyes a warchest transfer kitty in the summer, and no pussy footing about in the transfer window and no last minute panic buys a la Marouane Fellaini

I would bite your hand off for 4th and League Cup now.

How sad is that in a way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Still think we can get Top 4 but it is going to be a big ask.Everyone back from injury ,full choice squad for the second half of the season and it is do able.
    Should have RVP back shortly and with Carrick back now as well it is a huge boost.Rafael fit and Nani on some form we are still capable of getting fourth.Plenty of "if's" but here's hoping.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I would bite your hand off for 4th and League Cup now.

How sad is that in a way.

I'd gladly take a 4th place finish & the League Cup, it's obvious United ain't holding on to the Premier League trophy, not this season anyway.

It's not sad in a way, the club as a whole is going through a transitional season with Moyes taking over from Sir Alex Ferguson, but next season when Moyes has gotten used to being United manager & hopefully some heavy investment during the summer, United will be back where they belong..... Sat on top of the Premier League table

DM-ICE wrote: »
    You asked what will change if they were fit? Well RVP, as you know and have since said is world class so I would expect more of a goal threat, a better chance of winning games.

I think it's clear that if the best players were fit then more points would be achieved. The fact United are so reliant on a small few players is more of a talking point imo.

I must admit all of my concerns about United at the minute aren't really about points totals. With Van Persie then yes of course we would have a higher points total.

But Uniteds problems this season have been constant horrendous performances that show no sign of improving. I remember Van Persies early games, he still got goals but he also looked increasingly isolated and out of sorts before he ever got injured at all.

My concern is that RVP comes back and he still looks completely isolated, and I see no reason at all why this won't be the case. He will still score goals but he isn't going to fix the problems with this United team, and it is those problems that worry me more than our points total. Hence the assertation, it is not our injuries that is the problem this season, at the very least they are not our most important problem.

But Uniteds problems this season have been constant horrendous performances that show no sign of improving. I remember Van Persies early games, he still got goals but he also looked increasingly isolated and out of sorts before he ever got injured at all.

I do agree with you here.

I must admit all of my concerns about United at the minute aren't really about points totals. With Van Persie then yes of course we would have a higher points total.

My concern is that RVP comes back and he still looks completely isolated, and I see no reason at all why this won't be the case. He will still score goals but he isn't going to fix the problems with this United team, and it is those problems that worry me more than our points total. Hence the assertation, it is not our injuries that is the problem this season, at the very least, they are not our most important problem.

When you put it like that I have little to argue with.

The Arsenal game, for me anyway, could have been a big moment for the team to kick on from but the reliance on certain players killed the momentum when they were unavailable. So that is why I think the injuries had a big impact and are a genuine reason for some of the awful performances since.

Coming back to what will happen with them back (lets say RVP, Carrick, Nani, Rafael, Fellaini), I agree on its own it won't fix the bigger problems with this team.

I do think it can improve the team to a level that would allow enough points for the top 4. What the likelihood of them actually staying fit is I have no idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

We had 34 points at the half point .Do ye think we will improve in the second half or the season?
    I would be of the opinion that with a full squad I think the team can improve to a level that would get enough points for the top 4 but it would be scrapping in.

Then the squad needs an overhaul and our style of play needs to be looked at,pathetic tactics/set up all season.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

yabadabado wrote: »
    We had 34 points at the half point .Do ye think we will improve in the second half or the season?

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

If you ask any chef about their success they put everything down to good ingredients. Football isnt much different. You dont win leagues with **** players. We have the same team that won the league last year plus one of the best midfielders in the league for last few seasons. Injuries have been a cúnt plus it was always going to be an impossible job taking over from fergie. Fergie is probably my biggest hero in life due to the happiness he has brought me over 20+ years but he made mistakes and he made big ones. Fergie is gone now, forget about the past and look forward.

Manchester United will never carry on at the top if we turn into Liverpool and talk of the success we used to have, i dont care what we did last year or the year before. Rebuild the team and go again, people forget the years around the mid noughties when we were ****é. We bought Rooney, Ronaldo etc and we dominated albeit after a transition.

I'm sorry but this is madness. So every chef with the same ingredients will make the same cake? That's wrong. Some will look and taste crap. Some will be delicious.
    I'm not sure what Moyes is making yet cause it's not out of the oven, but it smells terrible.

(I'm fookin hungry now.)

Garlic chip and cheese be lovely now after few beers while watching the American footie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Garlic chip and cheese be lovely now after few beers while watching the American footie
    Garlic chip and cheese and a breast of chicken from the village at about 8 tonight - fcuking sweet job :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Ah ha kew is Anderson!

Im watching the cricket.

Proudly.

Pizza/Garlic bread and wedges went down nice :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Im watching the cricket.

Proudly.

Pizza/Garlic bread and wedges went down nice :)

You make me sick. I had a late night blaa. Like a real man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Keno wrote: »
    You make me sick. I had a late night blaa. Like a real man.

It's a bleedin' bap with butter! Manky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Good article from a few weeks ago that is still relevant today. While it may not be that noticeable on the eye to some, United's style of play with regards to how they create chances has changed dramatically from how it was done under Ferguson and it's obviously much less productive. Much the same story with defense.

http://www.statsbomb.com/2013/11/key-pass-locations-and-man-uniteds-woes/

It's very heavy reading with regards stats but very interesting all the same.

The big worry I have is even with new recruits, we could well struggle badly with this style of play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Mars Bar wrote: »

0qe0Zvf.gif

Mars Bar wrote: »

Nope

Its a blaa, its also been awarded special status by the EU - so there

http://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/food-and-drink/waterford-blaa-awarded-special-status-by-eu-1.1599966

I read it earlier, heavy going alright :)

Blatter wrote: »
    Good article from a few weeks ago that is still relevant today. While it may not be that noticeable on the eye to some, United's style of play with regards to how they create chances has changed dramatically from how it was done under Ferguson and it's obviously much less productive. Much the same story with defense.

http://www.statsbomb.com/2013/11/key-pass-locations-and-man-uniteds-woes/

It's very heavy reading with regards stats but very interesting all the same.

The big worry I have is even with new recruits, we could well struggle badly with this style of play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

I don't think it's changed much, other than the deep sides stat in that article which is no surprise that Moyes has told the full backs to attack more. And Valencia'a crossing and RVPs absence will have that stat skewed as well.

RVP being out also has an effect on the key passes in the box, he was good at creating from balls played into him, he had the same amount of assists as Silva last season and only a few less than Mata.

I just don't see a future from the kind of tactics we use, having crosses as our primary way of scoring. I know some will point out that it's given us a lot of success in the past but there's a time in everything competitive where you have to adapt or get left behind. The last few seasons haven't been pretty, some will laugh at that and point out that we won the league but being honest it just wasn't tantalising stuff.

I thought Moyes coming in would bring some new ideas to the table, and look at the other teams and see what they are doing and if we can take stuff from them and make our play better, but it's the same old stuff. Maybe Moyes was a bad choice this way as he wasn't going to stray far from Fergie's Success 101 handbook, well at least at the start we've only seen 6 months of him. I think someone like Mourinho or Klopp would have overhauled the way we play.

Klopp maybe, Mourinho I can tell you would hardly be playing an expansive style of football right now though :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Klopp maybe, Mourinho I can tell you would hardly be playing an expansive style of football right now though :)

See Mourinho has his team fairly shackled at the moment, and I think it's obvious the lack of CF is the reason he doesn't unleash them. He hates losing more than he loves winning so without a CF he's playing it safe.

Who knows what would have happened if he got the job in July, the players he could have attracted(he wouldn't have signed Fellaini I'm sure), I think it would have been better but obviously for the short term and the not knowing whether he'd stick around after 3/4 years is ultimately why he didn't get it IMO.

He brought in a CF, he left a very good CF go, he is refusing to play the teams best attacking player, nay player of the last two seasons, his way of playing when he came up against United was turgid. The negative tactics he has always used would have people complaining too, not sure how he would deal with the injury crisis we have had, whether he would be able to keep grinding out the wins and keep us toward the top of the table. Fpr the record, he has never "unleashed" his teams in reality, he is a very pragmatic manager, negative even, more in the mould of Capello instead of Wenger

My gut says we would have a few more points with him in charge, but there is no way to know tbf.

I wanted him, I thought he would be the perfect man to keep the team competitive while making the task of replacing Fergie a non issue for the next long term manager, of course if things had gone perfectly maybe he would have been the long term successor. He has shown itchy feet everywhere he has gone though which is all we have to go off, and is quite a polarizing figure.

We will never know now how it would have worked out, I suspect he wanted the job, could have been triumphant, could have been tragic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

I don't think it's changed much, other than the deep sides stat in that article which is no surprise that Moyes has told the full backs to attack more. And Valencia'a crossing and RVPs absence will have that stat skewed as well.

RVP being out also has an effect on the key passes in the box, he was good at creating from balls played into him, he had the same amount of assists as Silva last season and only a few less than Mata.

I just don't see a future from the kind of tactics we use, having crosses as our primary way of scoring. I know some will point out that it's given us a lot of success in the past but there's a time in everything competitive where you have to adapt or get left behind. The last few seasons haven't been pretty, some will laugh at that and point out that we won the league but being honest it just wasn't tantalising stuff.

I thought Moyes coming in would bring some new ideas to the table, and look at the other teams and see what they are doing and if we can take stuff from them and make our play better, but it's the same old stuff. Maybe Moyes was a bad choice this way as he wasn't going to stray far from Fergie's Success 101 handbook, well at least at the start we've only seen 6 months of him. I think someone like Mourinho or Klopp would have overhauled the way we play.

Not really, the article was written on Novemeber 20th, RvP would have played the majority of games up until that point. And Valencia's crossing is just as bad as what it was last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

Rooney and Robin van Persie for Sunday's FA Cup third-round tie with Swansea.

Rooney (groin) and Van Persie (thigh) are both injured, as is winger Ashley Young (shoulder).

Swansea winger Pablo Hernandez is likely to miss out after suffering a hamstring injury.

Leon Britton is a doubt though illness and Michu, Michel Vorm and Nathan Dyer are all definitely out.

Rooney missed the trip to Norwich on 28 December with a groin problem but returned for the New Year's Day loss to Tottenham. However on Friday he was pictured leaving a private hospital in Manchester.

"He has got a groin injury and won't be available on Sunday," Red Devils manager David Moyes said. "He's got a chance [of facing Sunderland on Tuesday]."

Provisional Manchester United squad: De Gea, Lindegaard, Johnstone, Rafael, Smalling, Ferdinand, Evans, Evra, Vidic, Buttner, Fabio, Valencia, Nani, Carrick, Fletcher, Cleverley, Giggs, Anderson, Zaha, Januzaj, Rooney, Welbeck, Kagawa, Hernandez.

Provisional Swansea squad: Amat, Taylor, Flores, Williams, Britton, Shelvey, Bony, Cornell, Lamah, Routledge, Tiendalli, De Guzman, Rangel, Canas, Pozuelo, Tremmel, Vazquez, Richards, Davies, Zabret.

BBC

RvP and Jones are due back in time for the next league game, v Swansea on the 11th, one week before Chelsea away!

Are Rafael and Nani fit to play now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

With Arsenal so far ahead, City flawless at home, plus improving away, Chelsea being fairly solid and consistent, right now 4th place would be a great finish for United. The fixture list seems to indicate that Liverpool will be hard to overtake.

Arsenal have a tough February and March, but April and May are reasonable.

City has several tricky away games left, but they have just won two away league games in a row for the first time this season so maybe they are getting over their away slump.

Chelsea have a reasonable mix of games left overall, and are very unlikely to finish out of the top 4.

Liverpool might have the easier finish, coupled with them having no cup games other than the FA cup. They play all 7 of the current top 8, but their only away game is against United.

Everton have two big games before very reasonable run in March, but a very tough final 6 games.

Spurs have a lot of tough games up to April, but a very reasonable final 6.

With the exception of Spurs, United play all the teams above them before the end of the season . . .

Week|Arsenal|Man. City|Chelsea|Liverpool|Everton|Spurs|Man. Utd.|Newcastle
    ||||||||
    LC||(H) West Ham|||||(A) Sunderland||
    21|(A) Villa|(A) Newcastle|(A) Hull|(A)Stoke|(H) Norwich|(H) Palace|(H) Swansea|(H) Man. City
    22|(H) Fulham|(H) Cardiff|(H) Man. Utd.|(H) Villa|(A) West Brom|(A) Swansea|(A) Chelsea|(A) West Ham
    LC||(A) West Ham|||||(H) Sunderland||
    23|(A) Southampton|(A) Spurs|(H) West Ham|(H) Everton|(A) Liverpool|(H) Man. City|(H) Cardiff|(A) Norwich
    ||||||||
    24|(H) Palace|(H) Chelsea|(A) Man. City|(A) West Brom|(H) Villa|(A) Hull|(A) Stoke|(H) Sunderland
    25|(A) Liverpool|(A) Norwich|(H) Newcastle|(H) Arsenal|(A) Spurs|(H) Everton|(H) Fulham|(A) Chelsea
    26|(H) Man. Utd.|(H) Sunderland|(A) West Brom|(A) Fulham|(H) Palace|(A) Newcastle|(A) Arsenal|(H) Spurs
    CL/EL|(H) Munich|(H) Barca||||(A) Dnipro|||
    27|(H) Sunderland|(H) Stoke|(H) Everton|(H) Swansea|(A) Chelsea|(A) Norwich|(A) Palace|(H) Villa
    CL/EL|||(A) Galatasary|||(H) Dnipro|(A) Olympiakos||
    ||||||||
    28|(A) Stoke|(A) Man. Utd.|(A) Fulham|(A) Southampton|(H) West Ham|(H) Cardiff|(H) Man. City|(A) Hull
    29|(H) Swansea|(H) Villa|(H) Spurs|(H) Sunderland|(A) Newcastle|(A) Chelsea|(A) West Brom|(H) Everton
    CL|(A) Munich|(A) Barca|||||||
    30|(A) Spurs|(A) Hull|(A) Villa|(A) Man. Utd.|(H) Cardiff|(H) Arsenal|(H) Liverpool|(A) Fulham
    CL|||(H) Galatasary||||(H) Olympiakos||
    31|(A) Chelsea|(H) Fulham|(H) Arsenal|(A) Cardiff|(H) Swansea|(H) Southampton|(A) West Ham|(H) Palace
    32|(H) Man. City|(A) Arsenal|(A) Palace|(H) Spurs|(A) Fulham|(A) Liverpool|(H) Villa|(A) Southampton
    ||||||||
    33|(A) Everton|(H) Southampton|(H) Stoke|(A) West Ham|(H) Arsenal|(H) Sunderland|(A) Newcastle|(H) Man. Utd.
    34|(H) West Ham|(A) Liverpool|(A) Swansea|(H) Man. City|(A) Sunderland|(A) West Brom|(H) Hull|(A) Stoke
    35|(A) Hull|(H) West Brom|(H) Sunderland|(A) Norwich|(H) Man. Utd.|(H) Fulham|(A) Everton|(H) Swansea
    36|(H) Newcastle|(A) Palace|(A) Liverpool|(H) Chelsea|(A) Southampton|(A) Stoke|(H) Norwich|(A) Arsenal
    ||||||||
    37|(H) West Brom|(A) Everton|(H) Norwich|(A) Palace|(H) Man. City|(A) West Ham|(H) Sunderland|(H) Cardiff
    38|(A) Norwich|(H) West Ham|(A) Cardiff|(H) Newcastle|(A) Hull|(H) Villa|(A) Southampton|(A) Liverpool

Do Swansea look very big to anyone else at 7/1 or am I over estimating them?

It looks like United will be without loads of players and a good passing team tends to have us in trouble. M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Do Swansea look very big to anyone else at 7/1 or am I over estimating them?

It looks like United will be without loads of players and a good passing team tends to have us in trouble. M

Mentioned it yesterday, looks a very big price to me. Gonna be all over that.

And by all over that, I mean I'll probably throw a fiver on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Non Premier League weekends bore me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Nope

Its a blaa, its also been awarded special status by the EU - so there

http://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/food-and-drink/waterford-blaa-awarded-special-status-by-eu-1.1599966

I know, which makes a mockery of food that actually deserves a special status!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Said it a while back, when people were bugging up Rooney as a reason Woodward and moyes didn't have a shockng summer - they never solved that issue. Don't know what they put so much effort in to in the summer, as nothing seems to actually have happened.
    So Rooney stalling on a new contract. Fecking wonderful.

Glad we spent all that time an effort in the summer sorting the Rooney issue, another wonderful moment for Woodward and moyes -it was never sorted, just been left to fester in the background.

Infuriating.

As Kroygen and others mentioned its a nothing article re Rooney. It seems like you just read the headline and wanted a go at Moyes and and Woodward.

Nothing seems to have actually happened in the summer? It was never sorted?

First of all this is a problem Fergie left us, Rooney asked to leave twice under his managment, it looked like he could go in the summer. Moyes stoopped this. We also signed Fellaini remember. That puts your nothing happened argument to bed.

Secondly this is a players choice pure and simple but you'll use it against Moyes and Woodward, will you hold it against Fergie and Gill too? thirdly the article mentions nothing new about Rooney that we didn't know, he has yet to sit down and talk at UTD.

This means as he has said himself he is concentrating on his football and playing as good as ever for us instead of jumping ship to Chelsea in the summer. This is what Moyes and Woodward achieved in the summer. Given our injuries and form thank god they did as we would be in dire straights about now.

Your weak argument based on a nothing article shows that you are willing to have a pop at them at any excuse. This latest pop has no foundation at all.

I edited my post sorry, I mean where does it actually say what Mitch posted and now people will get up in arms about? (As is already happening judging by a couple of posts since, ridiculously)

Here is the part of the article that deals with it

Moyes was asked did he think Wayne would sign a new deal even if United didnt finish top 4, he gave a stock answer. Nothing to get into a heap about. What is he gonna say like

Spot on, its a nothing article.

Its easy to see how people are willing to turn on and critisise the club so readily in tough times.

You rightly called people who said RVPs injury will had no impact this season idiots. Its seems some people lose it if we aren't winning and instead of taking an objective look at things would much rather turn on the club.

RVP and Carrick out not having an effect? The mind truly boggles how that can be said with a straight face.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement