Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14 Mod warning post #718

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,592 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Looking like it could be a nice start for Ole

Gotta love that both goals have come from subs :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Koke scored tonight just so ye all know ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Koke scored tonight just so ye all know ;)

nice farewell for him :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

J. Marston wrote: »
    @indykaila
    @GuillemBalague
    @tancredipalmeri

I trust them 100%.

(But seriously, I don't think there's anyone worth following on Twitter for transfer stuff.)

the guy behind @mufclatest is decent but wouldn't name players, seems to have a source in one of the hospitals re medicals...
    He's a bit of an opinionated bugger though too...won't listen to descenting voices...I got blocked by him for saying Moyes wasn't up to the job after the Newcastle defeat

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

I wonder what team we will see tomorrow. Does anyone else remember this gem of a team selection Fergie put out in the FA cup against Arsenal once.

L6zrw.jpg

We had injury woes and that team contained 7 defenders but we dominated and counter very well

In other news, this is good to hear.
    De Gea. "I feel very settled here."

http://www.teamtalk.com/news/2483/9101618/Manchester-United-goalkeeper-David-de-Gea-pleased-with-his-contribution

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,833 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Can someone throw me a few names to follow on twitter with regards to transfer rumours and news please

On Utd transfer's? Nobody cos fook all transfer's happen!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

I reckon RVP will start tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

BBC -
    Robert Lewandowski has signed a pre-contract agreement to join fellow German side Bayern Munich in June
    ... we're we ever in for him I wonder?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Arsenal making Spurs look as bad as Spurs made United look last week.

Hmmmm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,389 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Coentrao I'd have expected to be a lock early in the window what with him not playing and the previous bid. Seems not.

Koke is someone who is obviously the dream. Would say any interest is based around a Summer move as Atletico are still in the CL and going well in the league, wouldn't make sense to leave for him.

Move Kagawa to the position that he seemingly wants to play these creative CMs, he has great movement, passing, asks for the ball, drops into the pockets of space, capable of carrying the ball forward among other things. Put Rooney, Jan and someone who is not Young or Valencia in front of him and Carrick and just see what happens. Can't be any worse than what's happening now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

irishfeen wrote: »
    BBC - ... we're we ever in for him I wonder?

Whats the definition of "in for him"? I bet you we would have bid for him if the whole world and his dog didn't already know he wanted to stay in Germany and play for Bayern.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

Gary Lineker tweeted during the Spurs game that 4-4-2 just doesn't cut it anymore at the top level. Its too easy to play against and too predictable.

I hope Moyes' daughter follows him on twitter :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Fergie is gone over 7 months now, still no new contract signed by Rooney.

Why is there a need for an immediate rush in this, this summer he will have two years left, which is normally when the big players re negotiate, unless it is a young guy coming through who has performed brilliantly and wants a wage rise to go along with that obviously.

Id be surprised if formal talks began before the WC, and Rooneys agent being what he is you can probably expect to hear things now and then that will annoy you. I wouldnt let it bother you though, you dont care whether Rooney stays or goes so why does it matter anyway?

Not sure why anyone thought a new contract wouldd be signed while there were 3 years left on the deal which Rooney is obviously well paid on and Im sure the club would like to reduce his wages a bit if they can so it will be a drawn out process more then likely which I would imagine both sides are happy to wait out until the summer to get in to.

Now is time for football, its time to concentrate on that and make sure the team stays in the CL, no time to be distracted with other things going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

Liam O wrote: »
    Coentrao I'd have expected to be a lock early in the window what with him not playing and the previous bid. Seems not.

Koke is someone who is obviously the dream. Would say any interest is based around a Summer move as Atletico are still in the CL and going well in the league, wouldn't make sense to leave for him.

Move Kagawa to the position that he seemingly wants to play these creative CMs, he has great movement, passing, asks for the ball, drops into the pockets of space, capable of carrying the ball forward among other things. Put Rooney, Jan and someone who is not Young or Valencia in front of him and Carrick and just see what happens. Can't be any worse than what's happening now.

Considering our injuries at the moment I would like to see Kags, Chich/Welbeck and Januzaj played up front together with licence to roam. IMO its worth a shot considering the form of our wingers.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Kag in a three man midfield I would be happy with.

In a two man I would be very nervous and I don't think his defending would be to it. He looks to struggle with the intensity and physicality as it is, I can't see Moyes putting faith in him to play in a two man midfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

kryogen wrote: »
    Why is there a need for an immediate rush in this, this summer he will have two years left, which is normally when the big players re negotiate, unless it is a young guy coming through who has performed brilliantly and wants a wage rise to go along with that obviously.

Id be surprised if formal talks began before the WC, and Rooneys agent being what he is you can probably expect to hear things now and then that will annoy you. I wouldnt let it bother you though, you dont care whether Rooney stays or goes so why does it matter anyway?

Not sure why anyone thought a new contract wouldd be signed while there were 3 years left on the deal which Rooney is obviously well paid on and Im sure the club would like to reduce his wages a bit if they can so it will be a drawn out process more then likely which I would imagine both sides are happy to wait out until the summer to get in to.

Now is time for football, its time to concentrate on that and make sure the team stays in the CL, no time to be distracted with other things going on.

Pretty sure this summer he'll have a year left no? would explain all the fuss about not signing a new deal yet

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I think Koke is a summer target.

If you were Koke, given how Atletico are doing, it doesn't make sense to do now when still challenging for La Liga and the CL.
    The CL is a great shop window when your dreams are of going to Brazil to play in the WC this summer.

That said, it doesn't prevent a deal being done now for the summer, something akin to Lewandowski to Bayern.

Meanwhile RVP has been training with PSV Eindhoven as PSV’s fitness coach Arno Phillips who would normally travel to Manchester was unable to.
    http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/van-persie-trains-with-psv-as-part-of-rehab-programme-29888376.html
    One would think the fitness coach at United would be doing this job...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

I wonder what team we will see tomorrow. Does anyone else remember this gem of a team selection Fergie put out in the FA cup against Arsenal once.

Some performance, made a mockery of Arsenal that day :D

Rafa and Fabio showed their flexibility as well, both got on the score sheet from what I can remember.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,404 ✭✭✭xtal191

Tom McDermott ‏@FootballMcD 10m

#mufc fans will need a lie down tomorrow when they read Moyes' quotes on season/transfers, allegedly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

@PeopleSportShaw

David Moyes spoke to the Sundays this week. Makes pretty grim reading for #MUFC fans. Relentless negativity.Doesn't 'sound' up for the job.
    @PeopleSportShaw

You thought the quote about RVP after NUFC 1-0 defeat was bad? Think again...
    @Malachians

Moyes has reportedly given some very glum statements to the Sunday newspapers on the transfer front and in general.

Oh joy...

Pretty sure this summer he'll have a year left no? would explain all the fuss about not signing a new deal yet

I think your right actually, it was a 5 year deal he signed in 2010, for some reason i had it in my head he was contracted to 2016, must be 2015. Would wanna get on it sharphish in the summer in that case! Sorted one way or the other

June 2015 is when the deal runs out, not quite panic stations but I would expect it to be resolved by July one way or the other now. Not like England will be at the tournament for long anyway

Oh joy...

Meh, people trying to drum up interest without saying a whole lot. Hype is the term used for that these days.

Hopefully he doesnt say anything too stupid though. No problem with him down playing transfer activity, as long as he is lying and we are trying hard to get players in. Dont mind trying to be positive about the players because, well, who wants a manager who is going to come out and say, you know what, we are ****e, player x isnt up to it, player y isnt up to it, then go to them and tell them he believes in them and they need to do a job for him in a coming ficture.

TL;DR

Keep the knickers in place till you actually read the comments yourselves.

Moyes is always talking too much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 627 ✭✭✭blueshed

dont know if posted already but 6 players on loans are coming back and 7 stayin out for rest of the season.

http://www.rednews.co.uk/forum/showthread.php/143236-50-But-three-loans-are-extended

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Oh joy...

Was just about to post that,doesn't exactly inspire confidence.

• Advertisement

DM-ICE wrote: »

Agreed, I wish he would button it the majority of the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Have we signed anyone yet?

No?

ok.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,844 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Moyes might be trolling

:-/

zerks wrote: »
    Was just about to post that,doesn't exactly inspire confidence.

He never inspires confidence :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

DM-ICE wrote: »

More like the media are loving blowing his comments up at every turn. Since Fergie left I'd imagine there are a lot of butthurt journos who were on the end of a lashing or ban from Fergie. Now with him gone and UTD struggling they are going it to stick to UTD.

Success breeds envy.

• Advertisement

Have we signed anyone yet?

No?

ok.......

OG might be coming in on loan again.

zerks wrote: »
    OG might be coming in on loan again.

Sorely missed, would be a great addition

More like the media are loving blowing his comments up at every turn. Since Fergie left I'd imagine there are a lot of butthurt journos who were on the end of a lashing or ban from Fergie. Now with him gone and UTD struggling they are going it to stick to UTD.

Success breeds envy.

No doubt some journos are loving the chance to sensationalise things. I still think he talks far too much and provides too many opportunities to have his words blown up.

Best person to follow on twitter for mufc transfers is @worldwidewoodward :pac:

Not liking the sound of the Sunday paper stuff :( tomorrow will be a meltdown here if its bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Owen_S

irishfeen wrote: »
    BBC - ... we're we ever in for him I wonder?

Understandable move - why pass the opportunity to join the best team in the world. I'm sure he had other teams offering him more money.

Best person to follow on twitter for mufc transfers is @worldwidewoodward :pac:

Not liking the sound of the Sunday paper stuff :( tomorrow will be a meltdown here if its bad.

We'll find out after 10.30pm.

I think a lot of reaction will be like this.

9ABCT6t.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Maybe we will be in a state of shock when we sign Koke and Vidal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Oregano_State

KH25 wrote: »
    Gary Lineker tweeted during the Spurs game that 4-4-2 just doesn't cut it anymore at the top level. Its too easy to play against and too predictable.

I hope Moyes' daughter follows him on twitter :P

Spurs played 4-4-2 against us from what I remember. They did the same this evening, although the result was different.

I doubt its as bad as being made out tbh

I expect

*playing down talk of transfers, would like to get something done, January is a tough month, squad we have is good enough
    *been unlucky this season with regard a few injuries and ref decisions, fully expects to improve dramatically soon
    *played some great football, just not got the rewards

Cant really think of anything else that could bother people

The more I think about Coentrao, the more I want him at United, please please please

• Advertisement

The more I think about Coentrao, the more I want him at United, please please please

The sad thing about it is he isnt actually that good, but he would surely be an improvement on Evra at this stage and can cover a few positions

Spurs played 4-4-2 against us from what I remember. They did the same this evening, although the result was different.

4-4-2 is still viable against shiite teams.

kryogen wrote: »
    The sad thing about it is he isnt actually that good, but he would surely be an improvement on Evra at this stage and can cover a few positions

On his day he's as lethal as Evra going forward or at least he has been in the past and he cant be much worse defensively. Also gives us an option on the left wing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,656 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

That is very harsh on Coentrao. A world beater at Benfica at one stage. Like so many players R.Madrid just destroys them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Headshot wrote: »
    That is very harsh on Coentrao. A world beater at Benfica at one stage. Like so many players R.Madrid just destroys them

We bid for him before he went to Real, always liked him hope we get him even on loan would do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Yeah I second that loan move for Coentrao, time is up for Evra let him go take a nice retirement package at Monaco in the summer.

Solves alot of problems for us too, replace/back up Evra (replace I'd hope), can offer extra cover in midfield and on the left wing and maybe even do a job RB, instead of Smalling/Jones if Raf gets injured.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,466 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Done deal

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭martinr5232

I certainly would be.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement